Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 03:08:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Abyssinia, Ethiopia, Axum, Meroe, Yemen - History and Modern Politics

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abyssinia, Ethiopia, Axum, Meroe, Yemen - History and Modern Politics  (Read 3246 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: November 19, 2007, 08:34:08 am »

Jean Leclant has been my professor for the period 1978 - 1981 in Sorbonne, Ecole Pratique, and College de France. There was another influential Semitologist with Leclant in Abyssinia at those days; he was specialized in Gueze, Syriac, and Aramaic, and became later Professor at the College de France and academician: Andre Caquot. Leclant and Caquot explained to Haile Selassie the political benefits ensuing from the generalization of the use of the name Ethiopia by Abyssinia. I would like to report herewith that all Amharas working in the INALCO, like Argaw Mekonnen revered and venerated Leclant in extremis, because of his personal friendship with Haile Selassie. My great consideration for my former professor is still valid, limited exclusively in the academic sphere.

The story does not concern Abyssinia exclusively however; it hinges equally on Sudan, which would be the only correct user of the name 'Ethiopia'. The French did not want Sudan to make use of the name 'Ethiopia' as this would pull that country (as it should) far from the Arab League and the criminal French conspiracy to mount up - through long work that lasted decades - Islamic terrorism. If Sudan was left to cultivate its Kushitic, African identity, the Pan-Arabist conspiracy carried out by France - through mentally, culturally, educationally and politically impotent proxies, namely the dictatorial, so-called Arabic, regimes - would be weakened. The terrible events of Darfur would have never happened, if Sudan had been called - correctly - Ethiopia.

Note: In the picture we find bas reliefs from a temple at Mussawarat as Sufra (150 km northeastwards from Khartoum), one of the most important palatial cities of Ancient Ethiopia.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 08:35:59 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: