Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:10:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis remnants:

Poll
Question: Atlantis remnants (Choose 4)
exist at the bottom of the ocean - 8 (19.5%)
have been covered over by other cultures - 10 (24.4%)
exist only in fragments after so many years - 8 (19.5%)
have been found by the governments of the world, yet kept secret - 8 (19.5%)
exist at the bottom of the sea - 6 (14.6%)
Atlantis never existed, therefore this question does not apply - 1 (2.4%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis remnants:  (Read 4707 times)
Chronos
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: March 05, 2007, 10:08:47 pm »

Remains of Atlantis..?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ideopraxist

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 07:01:00 pm »

Hello Chronos, again I thank you for the invitation.
I believe the remnants of Atlantis will undoubtedly be just as Plato said if you believe his story because Plato never said it would be the finding of a sunken landmass that would vindicate his story of Atlantis but the "Sacred Memorial's which could still be observed in places where the fountains once existed, and 'this' [the finding] proves the truth of what I'm saying."   All cultures have known of the sacred records on stones written by God or God's and have faithfully handed down the stories of the spirit breathed work, regardless what name he chose to use for himself for addressing each culture.
Prophets, seer's, folklore, legends, myth's, and oral traditions have all told of sacred stone record's to come at a future time.
If such records on stones were found what would you, expect them to be like, what would answer every claim made about them and prove there actually was a pre-flood superior race unequaled as yet?.
I'd like to say, Hey, look what I found!!  I would appreciate it if you have the time to look,  .  Thanks....I.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:57:42 pm by Ideopraxist » Report Spam   Logged
Ideopraxist

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:52:22 pm »

lots of everything...I
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:10:35 pm by Ideopraxist » Report Spam   Logged
Ideopraxist

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 07:54:17 pm »

Huh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:09:54 pm by Ideopraxist » Report Spam   Logged
Chronos
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 01:19:42 pm »

Ideopraxist,

It's difficult to see what the inscriptions say because the lighting is a bit dark in the pictures.  Obviously, there are inscriptions on there of some kind, but they don't look like any of the ones I have ever seen (Julia has a topic devoted to ancient languages in the Atlantis: theories & speculation forum that has pictures of the various runic types of inscriptions).

The Atlantis "language" if you want to call it that has been commonly accepted as the Glozel/Azilian/Iberian first brought to our attention by Cedric Leonard, but the ones on the rock don't resemble them.  The spiral, used on ancient rock art, is also usually accepted to be an Atlantean symbol, too, and it isn't on there either. So, without something in common, I really can't say that the rock is related to Atlantis.  Where did you get the rock from and is it in your possession?
Report Spam   Logged
Ideopraxist

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 04:57:40 am »

Huh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:11:06 pm by Ideopraxist » Report Spam   Logged
Ideopraxist

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 05:05:01 am »

Hello, thank you for the encouragement, I will check out the site you mentioned and see if I can match any. there are so many different alphabets plus the pictures, it will be fun to look,,,,I.
Report Spam   Logged
Ideopraxist

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 09:53:19 am »

Hello, yes I have read Cedric Leonard's work before, I liked his theory,,''These are strong traditions suggesting the existence of an older, unnamed culture in the west that had long been familiar with the art of writing. We cannot help but remember the 12,000-year-old Azilian painted-rocks as well as the 20,000-year-old bone calendars (Marshack, 1972). Both of these are possibly a form of writing according to experts in anthropology and paleography''

AND this one,   

''There must have been a "western" prototype (which I believe we have in the Glozel Tablets), completely independent of the eastern writing system which evolved later in Sumar, for all these "Atlantic" systems to be so much alike.'' 
Taken from: www.atlantisquest.com

I can agree with that somewhat. I do feel these you see some of here, are superior to the Glozel tablets, there's so much more knowledge, intelligence and much more depth. you can get lost looking in them, I have alot, so it may take some time to compare the symbols you mentioned.

I do not wish for that to sound conceited, the written word has no inflections,,.I.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 03:25:02 pm by Ideopraxist » Report Spam   Logged
Chronos
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 10:53:12 am »

Ideopraxist, where was the rock from?
Report Spam   Logged
Ideopraxist

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 09:00:59 pm »

Hello Chronos,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
Thank you for your interest, let me see if I can explain my position on your question, it was said generally that 'if they came from here, then they are this'  and 'if they come from there then they have to be that' 'but if it comes from that place its gotta be they cant be those'  this is the preconceived notion I'd like to avoid 'for now', not that I will never say where they are,  its just that the elimination or acceptance of any script based totally on location would be so unfair.
I need the open mindset to progress, if we can identify the alphabets beyond all doubt then we can figure 'how the heck did they get where they are' ..my goal is a building to house them where people can come and see for themselves, so far you see,  I'm considered the 'village idiot' and allowed to pick through and out of, I've told them but they dont see it, so...but I'm bent on the idea there's a library here that crosses all boundries, all cultures, all religons and all races.
The people who inscribed these were a highly intelligent people, they are not primitive and belong to everyone. how long will the Darwin-ist's let that go on if one were to blurt out online 'eureka' ?  after all this time, work, and effort it would be buried in a vault somewhere or denounced as 'well you've seen how our world does' , 'getting long here'
I want to get it to the people first, I am protective, I am sensitive but I hope, not stupid. 

Do you know at this very moment you are surrounded by eternity? And do you know that you can use that eternity if you so desire?
it's better to get something worthwhile done using deception than to fail to get something worthwhile done using truth.

It doesn't matter what one reveals or what one keeps to oneself. Everything we do, everything we are, rests on our personal power. If we don't have enough personal power the most magnificent piece of wisdom can be revealed to us and it won't make a damn bit of difference.
Don Juan (Carlos Castaneda) .
.and..I. .................................................
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:11:40 pm by Ideopraxist » Report Spam   Logged
Ideopraxist

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 02:02:27 am »

Hello Chronos,
Would you like to see the other sides of this rock?
I assure you they are just as profound!

,,I
Report Spam   Logged
Chronos
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 01:37:21 pm »

Yes, I would, Ideopraxist, but I don't feel that I have made my earlier point clearly enough.

In archaeology, the context and position one finds something is everything. Ideally, an artifact should be photographed, and noted before it is even removed from where it is found.  The least amount of hands should touch it and tests should be made to concern it's age and origin.

Say you have two rocks, nearly identical.  One you found in Crete, the other, you found in North America, however scrawled the symbols on it as if it may have been from Crete.  Or perhaps you bought it at a flea market, and you can only guess where it is.

It stands to reason that the Crete rock might rightly have something to do with the Minoans.

The one from the flea market or even a quarry, who can say?  Context truly is everything. There is a scientific method that applies with every ancient artifact, and, unless it is observed, the artifact itself becomes compromised. 

Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 05:37:28 pm »

Hi Chronos, Ideopraxist

We've had this conversation elsewhere haven't we Ideo??   Chronos is raising the same questions as Gwen and I did. http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,67.15.html   Reply#9 -onward (you should ignore Blue's rant)

I think you are damaging the credibility of 'your' rocks by keeping their place of origin a secret. What harm is there in telling us where they came from ?? I get the feeling you don't wanna say because then you think we might just dismiss them as rubbish if we found out their origin. As we've pointed out,there is nothing more useless in archaeology than an artefact with no context.

If they came from Nova Scotia or Crete....so what , If they came from Mars .... so what .  The point is you gotta say where they came from no matter what otherwise you really risk becoming the village idiot here too. No offence . But this is getting a bit silly.

If we saw the reverse side of the rock- Oooooo  ...makes no difference ,they are still useless if we don't know their provenance.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 05:55:11 pm by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Akelius
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 03:42:53 am »

I couldn't agree with Chronos and Mark more.  Context is everything.  Anyone of us with a working knowledge of Linear A could scrawl a few symbols on a rock, then claim we found it someplace.

There is a reason why the Ica Stones are met with such skepticsm by scholars.  No one knows whether the farmer who has them actually found them or simply made them.  Unless context is supplied, a discovery itself is worthless. 
Report Spam   Logged
Ideopraxist

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 02:36:36 am »

Hi, well, in the words of the immortal Monty Python  "Runaway,,,Runaway"  ,,,,,I.Huh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:25:16 pm by Ideopraxist » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: