Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:25:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Giza Pyramids:

Poll
Question: The Giza Pyramids:
were built by Atlanteans - 10 (58.8%)
were built by aliens - 1 (5.9%)
were built by Egyptians - 6 (35.3%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Giza Pyramids:  (Read 3567 times)
Wind

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2009, 09:45:19 pm »

Mario usually when the same man tells two stories that are supposedly about the same thing you would expect those stories to support one another.   The Timaeus and the Critias contradict one another, not in just one or two instances but in several.   If you like I can show you where.   Now my conclusion to this is that both stories cannot be correct, so either one is true and the other is not or both are false.   However I can back up what the Timaeus says with other ancient works so I’m going to go with it, as the true source.

It’s just my opinion but I am starting to believe that the Critias is just a description and layout of a  Phoenician city. (Perhaps exaggerated a bit!) Grin   So many ruins of circular cities that match Plato’s description of Atlantis have been discovered lately all over the planet, and from my research, I am finding that most if not all of these locations were once Phoenician colonies, it stands to reason that the Phoenicians had a standard design that they used, this is just my opinion and a theory that I am currently working from, but it would explain why it’s been so hard to nail down the actual location of Atlantis.

It is good to hear from you though Mario, it’s been a while Smiley

Wind
Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2009, 10:23:18 am »

Dear Wind,

Well, i said there were no contradiction as to wether Plato was really telling a story as it heard it from those caracters Critias and Timaeus, to which i asked why should it not be true? They gathererd around and told two stories as they heard it a long time ago... of course they are somewhat different, oral stories tend to difer a little from person to person, i am sure if you pick ten people to tell the tale as they have read it, as they remember it, you will come up with ten different stories that is for sure, simply because it is not maths but a tale...

regards,
Mario Dantas
Report Spam   Logged

Wind

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2009, 10:42:38 am »

Alright I see what you getting at Mario, it’s starting to make sense to me now, you’re saying that he was a story teller who was just telling the story the way that he had heard it.   In other words don’t shoot the messenger, we can’t fault Plato and call him false if he was just repeating what he had heard .   Sorry about that, sometimes it takes a while for the wheels in my head to start turning it the right direction Grin

Wind
Report Spam   Logged
Horus

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2009, 01:36:56 pm »

Mario usually when the same man tells two stories that are supposedly about the same thing you would expect those stories to support one another.   The Timaeus and the Critias contradict one another, not in just one or two instances but in several.   If you like I can show you where.

Wind, please consider starting a topic in the 'Plato's Atlantis' section and presenting what you perceive to be contradictions.  Perhaps it could be entitled "Inconsistencies between Plato's Accounts" or "...betweeen Timaeus and Critias"  or something to that effect. I think it may spark a good discussion on the board and I'd be interested to read your views. ~H
Report Spam   Logged

"For the greater individual is the one who is the servant of all. And to conquer self is greater than taking cities."

Reading 3253-2
Wind

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2009, 04:26:05 pm »

I’ll see what I can do Horus, Smiley  I’ll have to gather my thoughts first  so it may take a little while.

Wind
Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2009, 01:03:18 am »

Horus I started the topic on the Plato's Atlantis board, it's called Do the Timaeus and Critias contradict each another?

I just thought I'd let you know. Smiley

Wind
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: