Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 12:52:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Origins of Love - Past, Present or Future

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 210   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Origins of Love - Past, Present or Future  (Read 26971 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2007, 11:36:50 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 01-12-2005 07:10 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rockessence,
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I knew you were female after reading some of your other posts, but didn't know much else about you other than your obvious (not to mention very thorough) knowledge of civilization in the Baltic. If it means anything to you, I believe that the love we feel in this world endures into the next. Love truly is everlasting. I know you will find your beloved again. Death is just a phase of existence, it is not the end. Your husband is no doubt watching over you, and we do our departed loved ones honor by remembering the good times we had with them rather than dwelling on the tragedy of the end.

Bluducky,

As for you, in my opinion you are one of the most articulate people here and you should never be ashamed to express any of thoughts or feelings you might have. I debated with myself whether to even start this thread initially because, in a forum where people tend to thrive more on intellectual debate, I didn't know how many people would want to add to something that is, by it's very nature, quite non-intellectual and wholly emotional in spirit. I did so out of purely selfish reasons: to try and get to know something more about each of you. If our beliefs in God say something about ourselves, in my opinion, our beliefs in love tend to say even more.

"The life which is unexamined is not worth living." Plato, Dialogues, Apology

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2007, 11:37:52 pm »

Trevor Proffitt

Member # 2175

Member Rated:
   posted 01-12-2005 07:45 PM                       
Bluducky, I don't think you said anything "sissy," in my opinion the real men are the ones who express their feelings. Actually, it takes genuine courage for one to express their true feelings. Saying "I love you" to someone when you actually mean it for instance. That is not an act of cowardice, for instance. Personally, what I believe makes a man a man is to have honor and truth above all. Be true to yourself, never lie, and don't run from responsibility, but embrace it. That's what makes a man in my book. 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2007, 11:38:17 pm »

Tina Walter

Member # 2195

Member Rated:
   posted 01-12-2005 08:35 PM                       
I knew you were female, too, Rockessence, because I think I saw you mention it in one of your other posts. Can I ask, what got you started on ancient north history? I know it's a little off the topic here...

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2007, 11:38:49 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 01-13-2005 12:32 AM                       
Wow, everyone!
First, thanks for the good words....

When I quoted "Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all..." I was not refering to my sweet Jack, but the lucky ones before him!! Speaking about lust now, (after the ridiculous early attempts that most go through) I always felt that sex was a rite, expressing the most ancient of energies....that each of us SHOULD be God's gift to men/women....I never intended to have a "mate" until the best man in the universe would present himself...luckily he did.

I had always felt that that man was moving towards me. And that he was my mate before and would be again after....Maybe as mate or brother or father or sister or daughter or mother.....we are in large soul groups and various members of that group show up at various junctures of life to aid and abet. Maybe to turn a corner or to open or close a door, or to help us discover truth.

Blu,

The only sissy thing are those happy faces!
Stop using those and your testosterone will no longer be hidden!!! I love you too...

I wish I could quote Edgar Cayce here...That the entity (you or I) needs to examine the desire to have someone love us. Is it because we want to know that we have value by someone else?....

You are right that it never ever dies or that it always lives...before this life AND after.

And keep your heart open...on every thread here please!

And thanks for the kind words...

Tippy, Great stuff!

Dawn, Thank you...

Tina, Back to Hyperborea! I stumbled on an article in Nexus over a year ago, about the Bock saga, then did a web search...The tie in for me: I was born in northern Greece, Half Macedonian....a blond Greek, now I realize, perhaps the blond Scandinavian/Achaean connection... Also, in my 20s I hitched around Europe and LOVED Norway! At the time I felt they were most beautiful(hearted) and civil people on the planet. I really long to visit Scandinavia again.

The Bock saga really ties into this thread's subject, as I see it. The whole key to the problem of love and lust(sexual expression) is that the heart/mind/spirit should be in a coherent and balanced society where all are equally understanding of heart/mind/spirit. That was the culture of PA RA DIS, the Golden Age, before Ice-time. Amazing, that a ball of fire(meteor)(male)plunged into Gaia(Water)and produced: ICE....

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2007, 11:39:22 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 01-13-2005 12:41 AM                       
Quote from: Tippy
I think we become confused when we view ATTACK as love. Some relationships we set up - are not based on love - because we feel jealously, envy, possessiveness, etc. We think we can lose the love - so we try to protect it - we set up defenses - and in doing so - we bring about the attack - or what we view as a loss, or lack, of love.

I think love needs to be a part of a person's basic education, if it's going to require a technical understanding, such as that in your post! Well done!

Quote from: Dawn
Bluducky,

As for you, in my opinion you are one of the most articulate people here and you should never be ashamed to express any of thoughts or feelings you might have. I debated with myself whether to even start this thread initially because, in a forum where people tend to thrive more on intellectual debate, I didn't know how many people would want to add to something that is, by it's very nature, quite non-intellectual and wholly emotional in spirit.

Thank you for noticing, however, not everyone feels as you do. I have just finished reading a little piece of 'hate mail' sent to me by a person who feels quite differently, and considers me intellectually inferior, and unworthy of participating in educated banter, even going so far as to criticize my odd name which has become so familiar and accepted here.

I am by no means aversed to this discussion, (as you all know by now ) and I feel it DOES have a place here. Let the snubs keep their psuedo-world, but let the REAL people with real feelings embrace reality, and join in. It's only human, after all

quote:
"The life which is unexamined is not worth living." Plato, Dialogues, Apology

Then let us pray we all live lives worthy of examination.
You're doing a wonderful job contributing to the personal side and 'community feel' of AR, Dawn, I commend your efforts.

Quote from: Trevor
I don't think you said anything "sissy," in my opinion the real men are the ones who express their feelings. Actually, it takes genuine courage for one to express their true feelings........ Personally, what I believe makes a man a man is to have honor and truth above all. Be true to yourself, never lie, and don't run from responsibility, but embrace it. That's what makes a man in my book.

I couldn't agree more!

You know, I made a thread about this, we discussed what makes a man a man, and THIS would fit in beautifully

Perhaps we ought to start a thread asking 'what makes a woman a woman?'. After all, every woman is an enigma, and men need all the info they can get!
(I feel some jokes coming on...)

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2007, 11:39:53 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 01-13-2005 04:23 AM                       
tippy,
is that from ACIM?

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2007, 11:40:25 pm »

HereForNow
Member # 2132

Rate Member   posted 01-13-2005 08:07 AM                       
Outside of being a family man, I have yet another love that is self-rewarding. Adventure! There is a kind of romantic attraction to doing something you can't talk a best-friend or "Big talker", into doing.
I won't get into telling you all about my "Fun". I can tell you that at 9500 ft.,
being told to "let go" is a total orgasm of both fear and delight.

I've been told to slow down with running with the devil and take time to enjoy life other ways.
I can't think of anything that makes me feel
more complete then saying, "I did it".....
I may one day end up hurt or even killed doing some of these things. It's a consecquence of what I do. Love is one of those things that can either make you 10 feet tall and bullet proof, or it can make you burn inside like the sun. No matter what,
loving others and the world seems to be more important to me then being loved.

I feel that someone out there has to care.
Why not me? Caring for others is one more thing a person can do to find love.

------------------
The world must change!
This change starts with ourselves.....

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2007, 11:41:22 pm »

Tippy
Member # 2282

Member Rated:
   posted 01-13-2005 11:01 AM                       

quote:
tippy,
is that from ACIM?

Pretty darned close....

Are you familiar with that line of thought?

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2007, 11:42:38 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 01-13-2005 04:27 PM                       
quite,
nice to see it pop up once in awhile.

You're just full of surprises

and all this from such a rocky beginning.

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2007, 11:43:13 pm »

Tippy
Member # 2282

Member Rated:
   posted 01-13-2005 06:02 PM                       
That's me - a suprise a minute.
But seriously, it is from the Urtext of the ACIM. Do you have that? It is the actual Hugh Lynn Cayce edition that somehow disappeared from ARE headquarters.

I had originally read the commercial copy and had no idea the Urtext was so different. It contains all the passages to Helen from the begining - and quite an interesting supplemental schedule.

A few years ago I stumbled upon a site that was arguing the validity of the copyright and out of nowhere (a non-trackable address) - it appeared in my Inbox. It's quite something. Illegal as all get-out but well worth the effort to track down.

Do you have it?

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2007, 11:44:05 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 01-13-2005 08:50 PM                       
Tippy
The way that copyright challenge to ACIM came about was on the heels of the Urantia papers copyright challenge. Urantia foundation(5 people) had been suing everyone for many years for quoting from the book or using the name Urantia and in essence controling every thing remotely connected with the revelation.
The courts finally went the full route when a wealthy believer took the copyright challenge to the top. The 9th circuit decided that an apparently channeled work from celestial beings cannot be copyrighted and the copyright renewal was invalid, putting the material into public domain.

ACIM people were watching the outcome very closely due the the similiarity of the case and the ACIM trustees were beginning to control the course in a similar fashion. Apparently IIRC Helen although admitted channeling Jesus copywrited the work in some way to avoid the legal entanglement of copyriting a channeled work from celestial beings. The exact details I cannot remember accurately.

I just had a normal copy. I have several first editions of the Urantia papers 1955 which sells in the neighborhood of 1000.

I enjoy the perspective of ACIM in that the point of view is from the absolute level consistently.

Unlike the UB, which reveals the Absolute and all the levels down to us. The excellence of this is the understanding and ability for the reader to recognize and move through the different circles of spirituality and more or less reflect on progressive enlightenment and his/her place in the cosmic drama evenuating into eternity. It allows one to remain mortal while striving to grow in a positive spiritual direction.

ACIM lives in the only place where miracles can happen,...... the present.

Although the finite can never hope to understand the infinite, it nevertheless is the destiny of all who set out to find and know God and God's ways and God's will.

It is tough to live in the present all the time and ACIM recognizes the unreality of time in the absolute sense of eternity but it's failing is that the bar is set too high for so many.

The great accomplishment of the Urantia papers is that they were written as a collaboration of many different beings in all levels of spiritual development and a great difference in duties and functions. The intergration and coherency is on a level of near celestial perfection. I have heard it referred to as a literary symphony and I have personally experienced the tone and timbre.

Many UB readers who are also ACIM students are powerful spiritual personalities with a keen understanding of the tadpole eventually becoming a frog or the caterpillar becoming a butterfly. It makes you laugh sometimes when the atheist or scientific "prove it" mentality rears it's ugly head so often. The really fine scientific minds recognize the vast difference between the material and spiritual realms. Was it Einstein who said he wanted to know the mind of God, everything else were merely details?

The greatest difference between ACIM and the UB is that the UB is an epochal revelation whereas ACIM was a personal revelation. that became epic in proportions. ACIM is similar to what happened with John and his book of revelation except that John's became adulterated and changed and he was not able to personally understand much of what he was shown. ACIM seemed to come through pretty pure from what I could perceive.

When one finally begins to see with the eyes of the spirit it is quite easy to see truth where ever it appears, whether it appears in the Emerald Tablets or Deepak Chopra or Wayne Dyer or even George Bush.

I was quite surprised when I met my first person who had obviously reached his 3rd circle. There is actually a light inside that comes on and is visible through the eyes. It is as if a candle was lit where there was darkness before in that body. What is remarkable is that the recognition of it in another is your realization that the same light of God also dwells within you. Sometimes it is a confirmation that you also are on the same plane spiritually and sometimes it lets you know not only that you have far to go personally, but also that it is attainable.

I'm sure you have understood everything I have said. Now if I can only live it a little better that would probably get brig off my ass.

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2007, 11:44:45 pm »

Trent

Member # 2174

Member Rated:
   posted 01-13-2005 09:40 PM                       
"Hate mail," Bluducky? Anyone we might know..? 

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2007, 11:45:16 pm »

Tina Walter

Member # 2195

Member Rated:
   posted 01-13-2005 10:09 PM                       

quote:
Perhaps we ought to start a thread asking 'what makes a woman a woman?'. After all, every woman is an enigma, and men need all the info they can get!

Then we wouldn't be so mysterious.

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2007, 11:45:46 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 01-13-2005 10:21 PM                       
Well, I don't know actually. I'm not sure if he's a member here, but he seems to know a lot about this place (mentioning it specifically), so maybe he is? He has targeted me for whatever reason, and decided to abuse me quite audaciously. (all in 'good intentions', he claims.)
Oh well.. he's but another pebble on the path...

(and hopefully that's the last of it)

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2007, 11:46:40 pm »

Trent

Member # 2174

Member Rated:
   posted 01-13-2005 10:41 PM                       
Well, it sure doesn't sound good intentioned to me. Have you made any enemies here or rubbed anyone the wrong way?
(Have you gone out of your way to rub anyone the wrong way??)

I can see how some people here tend to take the debate a bit too personally, and to go out of their way to make it personal, too, if you know what I mean...

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 210   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: