Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:17:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Origins of Love - Past, Present or Future

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 210   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Origins of Love - Past, Present or Future  (Read 26948 times)
Keri Powers

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 12:00:42 am »

Tippy
Member # 2282

Member Rated:
   posted 01-04-2005 04:51 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calm down Tippy, I was trying NOT to get caught up in semantics.

Party pooper. I live for semantics.

quote:
In Revelation, there is a tree by the river, the river flows from God etc. Those 'lucky' enough to be accepted into God's perfect world were allowed to eat of that tree.

I see. As so much of Revelation is symbolic - that is likely also - but thanks for clarifying your point.

quote:
Speaking of love, it is often difficult to know what one means by 'love', when someone tells you they love you.
(I know this first hand)
What is harder is the words associated with the various levels of love. each level has certain words which must ONLY be used on those levels, and, if you confuse these words.. misunderstandings can easily result...

I am not sure LOVE - real love - can even be expressed by words.

I know what you mean - by being hurt - and I am sorry that you were at one time. I hope it has eased by now.

We, humans, tend to mis-label love everywhere we can - we are so desparate for it, we create what we think is a good rendition.

What I question is the idea that angels (which may be some sort of spirits) would (or could) copulate with humans - or eachother. Sex is the domain of the carnal human - it is subject to physical substance.

That was my point. Are people just trying to "humanize" angels?

Or is the theory a direct descendant of Greek Mythology? Like the Zealots who took human wives. Or like Otto and Ariadne, from the Dionysus era.

[This message has been edited by Tippy (edited 01-04-2005).]

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 12:01:15 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 01-04-2005 08:34 AM                       
The problem you are having is believing that the "Watchers" were angels.
They were not and had perfected genetically engineered bodies from human evolutionary stock.

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p067.htm

even without the aid of new revelation it is fairly easy to deduce the truth of this scenerio from the incomplete adulterated myths of antiquity from innumerable sources already at your disposal.

[This message has been edited by Absonite (edited 01-04-2005).]

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 12:01:48 am »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 01-04-2005 03:42 PM                       

quote:
 I am not sure LOVE - real love - can even be expressed by words.

Well, there are levels of REAL love, also.

Lets say you have a friend, male or female (same sex, or otherwise), and you KNOW you cannot live without that person. You can hardly go a day without talking to them. You are both open about your feelings, etc, and there are no secrets hidden from one another. You tell each other 'I love you', and of course, you truly mean it, it feels so right, and always shall be, because you KNOW, if you can, you will be together forever.

You're not having sex, or even kissing, but the love is so strong, not lustful... You would die for this person..

THAT is REAL love.

But, you're right. the highest form of love is beyond comprehension, let alone describable with mere words. Language is a very limited medium for the transfer of information.

Abs,

quote:
The problem you are having is believing that the "Watchers" were angels.
They were not and had perfected genetically engineered bodies from human evolutionary stock.

Care to elaborate, my friend?

Can you tell us plainly what you know?

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 12:02:15 am »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 01-04-2005 04:31 PM                       
(btw, thank you for your concern ... broken hearts are still going to beat, but they never stop bleeding..)

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 12:02:45 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 01-04-2005 09:08 PM                       
Ducky,
I gave you the link. Why must you always be spoon fed?
You and others continuously tell me to stop cutting and pasting. So here I stopped and now you want me to elaborate.
What is it? You are dying to have everything stated in my own personal words? I gave you the truth and the link for the whole story as it really happened. What more can I do?
You are so demanding, does your wife put with this stuff from you?

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 12:03:30 am »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 01-04-2005 10:00 PM                       
Respected Absonite,
Why not love?
Granted, you don't believe the Watchers were angels. Yet, even if an angel, or any being, truly was interested in self-preservation, surely to go against the will of God would be a self-defeating purpose. The reason cannot be a practical one, the reason cannot involve logic, it must be a matter of either the will or the heart.

An angel, taking mortal form would only do so to experience all the pleasures of the flesh. Yet, being divine creatures, the pleasures they would most wish to experience wouldn't be the urges of simple animals. They would be those of a higher mind. Love knows no master than itself. Love is reckless and and cares not for logic or what may be right or what is wrong. It is the only thing, in my opinion, that would drive beings that were in the presence of a higher self away from a presence that, though still human, would be no less divine. It is the only power that could drive an angel away from God, all the moreso, because it must truly be God (all that we truly know of God upon this earth).

Respected Absonite...don't you believe in love..?

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 12:03:58 am »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 01-04-2005 10:01 PM                       

quote:
If God is love - and I would be willing to say He probably is - than anything NOT based in love - is not of God - and hence, not real.

So true, Tippy. Everything human sins, but perhaps the good are not separated from the bad by the quantity of their sins, but the amount of love each one of us holds in our hearts.

And so, the amount of God each one of us holds in our hearts.

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 12:04:29 am »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 01-04-2005 10:04 PM                       

quote:
Why would the female angels not love/lust after human males? Does anyone think females , human or angelic, have the lock on love and virtue.

Of course not, Iwanno, and Lillith, the first woman (first wife to Adam), was said to have become the bride of Satan and also the first vampire. There were no female watchers, to my knowledge, among the two hundred, though, so they were not put to the same test. I suppose I'm the wrong one to ask on the topic of the virtue of women. In my own beliefs, God IS a woman.

The very reason that we can feel all manner of love, towards our parents, towards our pets, towards artwork and literature even, would seem to put the lie to the idea that it is all just "instinct."

I would say that love is what separates us from animals, but I actually believe that animals love one another, too. At least, the ones I know of.

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 12:05:15 am »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 01-04-2005 10:04 PM                       

quote:
Why would the female angels not love/lust after human males? Does anyone think females , human or angelic, have the lock on love and virtue.

Of course not, Iwanno, and Lillith, the first woman (first wife to Adam), was said to have become the bride of Satan and also the first vampire. There were no female watchers, to my knowledge, among the two hundred, though, so they were not put to the same test. I suppose I'm the wrong one to ask on the topic of the virtue of women. In my own beliefs, God IS a woman.

The very reason that we can feel all manner of love, towards our parents, towards our pets, towards artwork and literature even, would seem to put the lie to the idea that it is all just "instinct."

I would say that love is what separates us from animals, but I actually believe that animals love one another, too. At least, the ones I know of.

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 12:05:47 am »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 01-04-2005 10:06 PM                       
Bluducky,
An angel is by definition, an extension of God. Therefore, why should it need to eat from the tree, since it would have much of the knowledge that God has? The arts that the Watchers taught the humans, the arts of war, astronomy, seduction, etc., were all human arts practiced at one time or another upon this world. They would be knowledge, that a HUMAN God would be fully aware of. Hence, the more esoteric things, how to become a god themselves, for instance, would be withheld.

As for the correlation between angels and faeries, an interesting point. I see faeries as the cousins of faeries, perhaps in existence for nearly as long (the original elves, too). When I speak of elves and faeries, I don't mean the modern tradition of them. The original tradition, these creatures were more serious, and possessed of a more noble spirit.

An angel, having all the power of God, would be something much greater than either of these beings.

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 12:06:41 am »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
Bluducky,
An angel is by definition, an extension of God. Therefore, why should it need to eat from the tree, since it would have much of the knowledge that God has? The arts that the Watchers taught the humans, the arts of war, astronomy, seduction, etc., were all human arts practiced at one time or another upon this world. They would be knowledge, that a HUMAN God would be fully aware of. Hence, the more esoteric things, how to become a god themselves, for instance, would be withheld.

As for the correlation between angels and faeries, an interesting point. I see faeries as the cousins of faeries, perhaps in existence for nearly as long (the original elves, too). When I speak of elves and faeries, I don't mean the modern tradition of them. The original tradition, these creatures were more serious, and possessed of a more noble spirit.

An angel, having all the power of God, would be something much greater than either of these beings.

Report Spam   Logged
Keri Powers

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 12:07:24 am »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
Bluducky,

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000202
Report Spam   Logged
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 11:15:46 pm »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 01-04-2005 10:18 PM                       
Matthew 6-46 if you only love those that love you what good is that? Even scoundrels do that much.If you are friendly only to your friends, even the heathen do that, how are you different from anyone else? But you are to be perfect even as your father in heaven is perfect. 
Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 11:16:24 pm »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 01-04-2005 10:59 PM                       
The subconscious will not operate if spied on,healing and growth can not take place when ones mind is on self. Just this, when one in deep need can pray for his neighbor with all the urgency and concern he would have for himself, only then can the healing forces take action. No longer spied on the subconscious healing forces over flow out ward in all directions, healing him in its passing flow outward letting peace into this bitter places of the world.
The Redeemer who brought the law of forgivess into the world did this in dying on the cross Father forgive them for they know not what they do ,it was the His last recorded prayer.
And from that day to this the world was never the same again, for the conscious evolution had begun in the Soul of Man.

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 01-04-2005 11:13 PM                       
To clarify my point. (which everyone seems to have a dislike for)
Revelation 2:7 "..... To him who overcomes, I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."
Also Rev. 22:1-2: 1"And he showed me a pure river of the water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the middle of it's street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding it's fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."

Now couple this knowledge of those 'who have overcome eating said fruit', with those references claiming 'we shall become like him', and have SPIRITUAL bodies.

Putting two and two together logically indicates that those who have overcome, and by now have spiritual bodies, may eat the fruit from the trees by the river, emanating from God.

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 210   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: