Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:14:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Origins of Love - Past, Present or Future

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 210   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Origins of Love - Past, Present or Future  (Read 27039 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2007, 12:28:10 am »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 04-09-2005 12:08 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, here we go. Now it's time Calvin gets to tell you that you are a woman of low moral character. Go away, Calvin, we've heard it all before.

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2007, 12:28:42 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-09-2005 12:13 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no real advice for you because you have to do this alone but if you look like your icon, you won't be alone for long.

[ 04-09-2005, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Absonite ] 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2007, 12:29:07 am »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 04-09-2005 12:15 AM                       
Aristotle, the difference between Michelle and Veronica seems to be that Michelle is repentant, while Veronica is not. The lord shows mercy on those who ask for forgiveness, and so, I do as well. We are all sinners, whether we choose to see the fact that we are sinners and apologize for it, that, to me makes all the difference.

--------------------
"An atheist believes in nothing, and so he shall find nothing."
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2007, 12:29:50 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-09-2005 12:16 AM                       
see God is always watching.

Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2007, 12:30:32 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-09-2005 12:21 AM                       
Now if anyone asked me to bet on the odds of that happening, I would have lost big time,

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2007, 12:31:01 am »

Michelle Sandberg

Member # 2194

Member Rated:
   posted 04-09-2005 12:36 AM                       
Absonite,

I don't think I could do ten years alone, and the kind of alone I feel now happens even when I happen to be with someone, if you get my meaning. Sure, I know a lot of guys and still tend to get asked out quite a bit, but they're not Curt. There was a familiarity I had with him that's missing now, and I don't think that I'll ever get that same comfort level back with anyone else ever again. It feels so alien just trying to get to know someone new. You get to know someone's likes and dislikes, all their moods and their history, you have those special moments that you store in the back of your mind, then suddenly, you're starting from scratch and all the things that happened suddenly don't mean anything at all.

Calvin,

In answer to your question, sex with both men, well, yes to both counts. I don't tend to give each the same level of importance, though. One was a cry for help, or maybe just a plea to get attention. It was a fling over spring break that lasted only briefly. The other was a relationship I was in for over two years.

Cut me a little slack before you start in on the moral judgments, alright? Please..? 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2007, 12:31:37 am »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 04-09-2005 12:56 AM                       
Absonite, please explain this quote:

quote:
84:8.6 Let man enjoy himself; let the human race find pleasure in a thousand and one ways; let evolutionary mankind explore all forms of legitimate self-gratification, the fruits of the long upward biologic struggle.

Does the Urantia Book actually encourage man to sin? For it seems it does. And this is the advice you would offer this confused, wayward girl: to sin some more.

Michelle,

I sympathize with you, but the basic problem here, not just with your situation, but that of society as a whole, can be seen in your reaction towards your troubles. If you would have practiced just one simple rule - abstinence, no sexual intercourse - feelings would be spared, hearts would not be broken (not the least of which was your own) and clarity would arise. Having sexual intercourse with a man who is not your husband is Satan's plan. Your doing so, with either man, is clearly what has placed you in the quandary you are in now. And I defy heathen here to argue differently. Satan has performed his works in this confused young girl, and look at the moral toll it has taken on her.

When I say that each of us must consider ourselves parents to not only our own children, but to all the children of the world, this is the kind of example I mean.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2007, 12:32:06 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-09-2005 12:58 AM                       
Michelle,

You will find out that there are a lot of real good guys out there/here whatever.

You just can't see them yet, they are invisible to you.
I'm not speaking wacko, you know what I mean.

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

You have not lost everything, you have gained an experience and a valuable one. You now know the value of something that has real value to you now. You learned it the hard way like almost everyone of us does. It doesn't matter if the girl next door has it, you have to have it and now you do. Now you have a stronger character. You have been tried and tested and this time you failed the test, next time you won't. You will be a rock.

[ 04-09-2005, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Absonite ] 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2007, 12:32:43 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-09-2005 01:05 AM                       
Calvin

I've told you before that you were an idiot.

I posted the whole quote, don't try to take it out of context and then claim that it says something that it doesn't. Only morons do that or someone as devious as you and satan.

You're playing with the wrong guy and the wrong revelation.

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2007, 12:33:13 am »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 04-09-2005 01:08 AM                       
Fine, Calvin, now that you've had the chance to give your latest lecture on morals, let's get back to a substantial discussion.

Michelle, the facts are cold and hard, but they're also true. Put aside any thoughts you might be having about a permanent reconciliation because it's just not going to happen, not the way you want it to anyway. Best to just move on, start over with someone new and leave the past behind. It's just not going to happen like you want it to.

I suppose someone should give you credit for confessing to all this, at least, especially with hypocritical fundamentalists like Calvin in the "room." It would have been easy for you to play the "friend game" and keep claiming this actually happened to somebody else.

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2007, 12:33:43 am »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 04-09-2005 01:57 AM                       
Absonite, demean me as you will (and so, also shun the teachings of the lord), but the quote speaks for itself. Do you deny that premarital relations were the cause of this young girl's quandary? I would like a yes or no answer to that question. And, if you do agree with me that Michelle's sexual relations were the cause of this problem (and who could not), then please explain why she should not have practiced abstinence instead of the advice you provided?

Now then, if the girl were to follow the advice on your quote, seemingly to sin all the more, this time, without shame, her confusion would only increase, not lessen. In fact, I could see Michelle heading into a downward spiral of more regrets, and further promiscuity. The young need to be led, but led down the right path.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2007, 12:34:26 am »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 04-09-2005 03:40 AM                       
Well, I had a long, thought provoking reply lined up, but I see it's not necessary.

But I WOULD like to comment on Calvin Noble's posts here.

I agree with them. Simple abstinence WOULD have saved all of the involved parties heartache, and dear Michelle would not be feeling so guilty. (nor would her dear Curt have left her with such sorrow)

I am proud to say that I have waited, and I DON'T regret that decision. Because of that, I think I am a much happier person than I would have been otherwise. The difference between me and those who don't wait, is I don't have those bad feelings of guilt at the back of my mind, no questions of "but, if, or why".

(yet again, this isn't about ME, is it?)

I still have my particular brand of wisdom on this issue, if it is wanted, but until then, I wish Michelle the best in her efforts to get her man back.

--------------------
So live your life and live it well, Theres not much left of me to tell, I just got back up each time I fell...

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2007, 12:34:58 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-09-2005 05:59 AM                       
The problem is, Calvin, that even though you speak some words of truth mixed in with your insanity, it is similar to satan speaking some truth as well mixed in with his b.s. .

I'll take the quote you are distorting for an example to start with. You apparently overlooked the qualifying word " legitimate" in your zeal to try to distort or find something evil with this revelation of truth. Your only objective is to attempt to find something negative in order to discredit this and therefore remain addicted to your biblical garbage. I don't blame you, it will be very disturbing to your psyche' to oneday admit that it is mediocre at best and you never want to see that day of personal pain.
If you were truely honest with yourself you would read the whole link I provided and you would have found that it lies at the end of an entire chapter entitled "Marraige and Family Life".
If you were honest with yourself you would realize that you are only seeing what your own mind is concocting with your preconceived notions. When you read something like "enjoy himself in a thousand and one ways", you are dreaming up a negative connotation to those ways. It is all in your own mind. This is quite obvious by you saying "follow the advice on your quote, seemingly to sin all the more, this time". It doesn't say that at all, nor does it mean that. You have some major issues Calvin that require real psychiatric help.

And just for the record, I do not agree with you that pre-marital relations were the cause of her "apparent" problem.

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p084.htm

[ 04-09-2005, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Absonite ] 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2007, 12:35:35 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 04-09-2005 06:33 AM                       
Well "IF" don't cut it .

We all make mistakes we all learn from our mistakes, If this relationship was meant to be nothing would stop it.

Michelle, you say he was a doomer and gloomer, and you are the optimist, well, perhaps you two were never meant to be together in the first place, better you break up now then after you are married with children, if you were happy you would have never cheated.

Forgive yourself and move on, I see so many unhappy relationships.

Michelle I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, every mistake we make in life becomes a valuable lesson that we pass on to another. Even if we are just there to comfort another who is suffering similar circumstances.

For I find I can relate to the pain and suffering of others, through my pain and suffering.

Always remember once I walked in their shoes.

Jesus said , he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Well HUGS............you are young, beautiful, and intelligent...........I have children who range from 36 years old to 16.........I been doing this motherhood thing a long time, I have a life time of regrets over mistakes i have made we all do .DO NOT carry the burden of "GUILT", it serves no purpose.

My suggestion is go outside yourself, get involved with helping others, don't rush into a new relationship, I seen that really backfire a lot of times.

Take this opportunity to reflect on you life and where you want to go with it.
Xoxoxoxoxox, I have a daughter named Michelle.

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2007, 12:36:06 am »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 04-09-2005 10:59 AM                       
Michelle,

Guilt pangs and physical pain are similar.

Guilt has a shelf life of about 3 minutes or less. When one feels it one must act immediately to redress an error. Longer than that and it begins to poison(attach to) the etheric body and will have to be dealt with in a big way later.

--------------------
"Illigitimi non carborundum!"
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 210   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: