Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:52:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Origins of Love - Past, Present or Future

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 210   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Origins of Love - Past, Present or Future  (Read 27040 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2007, 12:12:16 am »

Michelle Sandberg

Member # 2194

Member Rated:
   posted 04-08-2005 10:17 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, Aristotle. How remarkably perceptive and wrong that was. No, it was not me, it was my girlfriend, leave it alone. I could get into an argument with you over this, but the truth is, you don't know me enough to judge and it wouldn't solve my problem.

You said my friend would "probably get back with him," well, care to say how? Cause my friend is out of ideas of explaining how sorry she is and needs some new ones. Once she does get back to her, she is fairly certain she can make him fall in love with her all over again. 
Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2007, 12:13:12 am »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 04-08-2005 10:26 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, fine, whatever, let's have your Dear Abby moment. I could browbeat a confession out of you, even over the Internet, but it's really not worth my time. Any girl can pretty much get whatever she wants from whoever she's seeing by just tears. No man worth his salt ever wants to see a woman cry. We have no real idea how to deal with it, and always tend to feel responsible for it happening. We also tend to want it stopped any way we can. But that still wouldn't help you, in the long run, he's still not going to trust you (excuse me, your "friend,"  ) and when the years go by, three years, four years, and he still hasn't asked you to marry you, you'll know the reason why: because he can't trust you. You have destroyed trust. This man trusted you and you let it slide for the sake of a good time. I must ask, would you trust you?

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2007, 12:18:58 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-08-2005 10:29 PM                       
The Hooter Babes of AR

Why do all the icons of the women on this "bored" seem so voluptuous. Isn't that somewhat unreel? Do any of you actually look that good? Seemz funny that all these "Babes of AR " all have 5 starz. Are all thoze 5 starz for post content or for icon selection?
Methinks maybe we should change the catagory to include at least a 10 star rating. 

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2007, 12:19:38 am »

Michelle Sandberg

Member # 2194

Member Rated:
   posted 04-08-2005 10:34 PM                       
You know, that is really very harsh and judgmental. Guys cheat all the time and their wives and girlfriends always take them back. Cheating has become something almost expected of a man. A girl makes one mistake and all of a sudden she gets branded a tramp? That's not fair. If my boyfriend cheated on me, I would be pissed at first, but I would probably take him back, we have too much history together. 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2007, 12:20:12 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-08-2005 10:42 PM                       
84:8.6 Let man enjoy himself; let the human race find pleasure in a thousand and one ways; let evolutionary mankind explore all forms of legitimate self-gratification, the fruits of the long upward biologic struggle. Man has well earned some of his present-day joys and pleasures. But look you well to the goal of destiny! Pleasures are indeed suicidal if they succeed in destroying property, which has become the institution of self-maintenance; and self-gratifications have indeed cost a fatal price if they bring about the collapse of marriage, the decadence of family life, and the destruction of the home -- man's supreme evolutionary acquirement and civilization's only hope of survival.

Presented by the Chief of Seraphim stationed on Urantia.\

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p084.htm

[ 04-08-2005, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Absonite ] 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2007, 12:20:56 am »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 04-08-2005 10:49 PM                       
Absonite:

Icon selection.

Michelle:

But it wasn't he who did the cheating, it was you who did the cheating. You destroyed a man's trust in you who wanted nothing more than to give you happiness, all for a good time. You even said, you were bored with him. The cheating is now a part of your history. The main part. Everytime he looks at you from this point on, he'll not only be staring into your eyes, he'll be remembering what you did, no matter how many times he tells you he's forgotten it. I get the feeling that a lot of the women that post at this forum might be somewhat attractive in real life, or at least think they are, and so, are probably used to getting a lot of attention. But it's bull to think that your looks are going to carry you all the way because the bottom line is a man has to trust the person he's committed to.

Oh, and the rules about cheating are different when it comes to men and women, like it or not. Men benefit from lower expectations. Most of us are supposed to be animals interested in only one thing so it's considered a rarity to find one of us who doesn't stray from his mate. Women are supposed to be saints by nature, and so, when one of you stray from the "moral path" you're given a whole list of names, many of them much worse than "tramp." And before anyone brands me a sexist pig for my comments here again, I remind you that each of you knows the rules just the same as I do, and it would be hypocritical to say you did not. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2007, 12:22:03 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-08-2005 10:57 PM                       

Cool
[ 04-08-2005, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Absonite ] 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2007, 12:23:08 am »

Michelle Sandberg

Member # 2194

Member Rated:
   posted 04-08-2005 11:05 PM                       
Thanks for the quote, Absonite, I've taken your advice and saved it. You sure don't find that kind of advice in the Bible.

Alright, I'll admit it, it was me. That's the reason why I'm sitting home on a Friday night. I screwed up, I said I was sorry, and I remain unforgiven. You mentioned tears. Well, the funny thing is, he was the one who cried, not me, and I don't think I've ever seen a guy cry before either. It wasn't much, just a couple of tears, but it felt awful, like my whole world was ending, I hated that I was the one to hurt him. We had this really special thing going, and I just tore it all down.

Funny thing is, I always was one of the prettiest girls in class, but it never meant much to me, I never really cared about being "popular," or anything like that, was just interested in studying. I'm still a total bookworm. In the beginning, I was actually the one to ask him out, and all the time we were together, all two years of it, he kept telling me that one day it would come to an to end. I kept telling him it wouldn't. I'm like this total optimist and he's Mr. Doom and Gloom. I suppose I got a little bored because I realized that there was no way I was going to make him realize that it was going to endure no matter what I did. Then, in the end, he was right, because I guess it didn't last. I want to be forgiven, I want to be looked on with trust again, and if I'm not, it just wouldn't be the same. And if it wouldn't be the same, if there's no longer going to be any future in it, like marriage or anything, then I guess it would no longer be worth it to try and keep it alive, so I guess it would just be goodbye.

Curt, if you're out there, I'll tell you again, I'm sorry, buddy. I meant it when I said I gave you my heart, but you never trusted me enough to give me yours all the way in return, and so I guess it ended just like you always said it would. 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2007, 12:23:42 am »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 04-08-2005 11:17 PM                       
Absonite: Well, not to crow...

Michelle: Big news there that you were actually talking about yourself the whole time. Well, you're young. You're still in college so you'll have plenty of opportunities.

--------------------
- Aristotle

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2007, 12:24:08 am »

Michelle Sandberg

Member # 2194

Member Rated:
   posted 04-08-2005 11:25 PM                       
That's it? No real advice? Man, if Dawn or one of the others were here, I'm sure they'd at least be a little nicer.

What brings you both here on a Friday night anyway? 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2007, 12:24:46 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-08-2005 11:29 PM                       
Michelle,

I'm glad you liked that quote, everyone who has ever read that revelation usually hilights it. It's funny how truth is recognized in the soul.

Anyway,
perfection is the goal, not how we start out. Monagamy is the ideal and of course the perfect pattern. But, we are little peanuts of potential and this ideal of perfect harmony is very unrealistic for most everyone. It is the rare relationship that works well. Very rare indeed. Consider the divorce rate being well over 50 %. and probably 49 or the other 50 is unhappy. Somebody lucks out or is wise enough in this short lifetime here to find their ideal soulmate. It's like hitting the lottery.

The sex thing fades as you know and so something much deeper is the answer.

If you ever do read that book, and you read the real story of Adam & Eve, you will see what really transpired and how much they loved each other. Adam loved eve so much that after her default (which was not sex btw) he engaged in the same act in order to share her fate. This of course resulted in the planet Earth suffering even today, but, his love for her and her for him reigned supreme and even today they are together. It is the master plan for society and good will among men.

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p073.htm

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p074.htm

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p075.htm

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p076.htm

I certainly hope it works out for you. The journey is eternity and that can be spent with one person as friend and lover and the adventure can be shared together.

My prayers go with you.

Smiley

[ 04-08-2005, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Absonite ] 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2007, 12:25:25 am »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 04-08-2005 11:38 PM                       
Well, Absonite just gave you some fine advice.

By the way, I'm a poor grad student without a lot of money to go out, I'm here on a lot of Friday nights. And Monday nights, and Tuesday nights, Wednesday nights and Thursday nights...

One thing I've learned, you can't repair the past. Best to just move on...

--------------------
- Aristotle

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2007, 12:26:33 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 04-08-2005 11:42 PM                       
Ari,

you get an extra star for that deep insight *****

Michelle

if this just happened tonight, i know there is a lot of pain going on. But always remember time wounds all heels.   Smiley
Seriously though, next year will be here soon enough. You can only do what you can do. Right now deal with you career. Man cannot serve two masters, one must suffer. If your relationship is the one that suffers at least do well with the other. You will be surprised what good success and a lot of money bring and who they enable you to meet.

This will be a valuable lesson for you to learn when you are ready to settle down and have a family and fidelity. None of us get through this experience without falling down many times. You already know that. If your wound is fresh, give it time to heal. Besides, he might even have a few confessions for you to hear.
Lot's of luck sweetie and remember God doesn't live in the past or future He can only inhabit the now.   
 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2007, 12:27:16 am »

Michelle Sandberg

Member # 2194

Member Rated:
   posted 04-08-2005 11:55 PM                       
Absonite, thank you for your prayers.

I used to have it so together, but today I feel like such a mess. I suddenly woke up this morning and realized, after all our plans, that I'm suddenly facing the future alone. There's no turning back to what it was, and I realize it's never going to happen for us again. Aristotle just seemed to confirm what I already knew in my own heart. I'm usually an optimist, but today the feeling hit me just like a cold fist. I have this vague dread about the future, and I don't mind saying I'm more than a little scared about what's going to happen next. The feeling isn't happening in a good way either, it's like I didn't just lose a person, but my whole feeling of security, too. Everything has all just become so blurred and it all feels just so cold and ominous...
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2007, 12:27:43 am »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 04-09-2005 12:02 AM                       
Michelle, you'll excuse me for interrupting, but I have been reading this discussion and I'd like to ask you a question: did you have premarital relations with either of these men? And no, I don't ask this out of sheerly religious purposes, but because I've observed that when people have marital relations out of wedlock, it tends to cheapen the relationship as a whole. When people attach less importance to these encounters, consequentially the relationship also is given less importance.

--------------------
"An atheist believes in nothing, and so he shall find nothing."

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 210   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: