Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 07:26:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Origins of Love - Past, Present or Future

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 210   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Origins of Love - Past, Present or Future  (Read 28082 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2007, 11:39:22 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 01-13-2005 12:41 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Tippy
I think we become confused when we view ATTACK as love. Some relationships we set up - are not based on love - because we feel jealously, envy, possessiveness, etc. We think we can lose the love - so we try to protect it - we set up defenses - and in doing so - we bring about the attack - or what we view as a loss, or lack, of love.

I think love needs to be a part of a person's basic education, if it's going to require a technical understanding, such as that in your post! Well done!

Quote from: Dawn
Bluducky,

As for you, in my opinion you are one of the most articulate people here and you should never be ashamed to express any of thoughts or feelings you might have. I debated with myself whether to even start this thread initially because, in a forum where people tend to thrive more on intellectual debate, I didn't know how many people would want to add to something that is, by it's very nature, quite non-intellectual and wholly emotional in spirit.

Thank you for noticing, however, not everyone feels as you do. I have just finished reading a little piece of 'hate mail' sent to me by a person who feels quite differently, and considers me intellectually inferior, and unworthy of participating in educated banter, even going so far as to criticize my odd name which has become so familiar and accepted here.

I am by no means aversed to this discussion, (as you all know by now ) and I feel it DOES have a place here. Let the snubs keep their psuedo-world, but let the REAL people with real feelings embrace reality, and join in. It's only human, after all

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The life which is unexamined is not worth living." Plato, Dialogues, Apology

Then let us pray we all live lives worthy of examination.
You're doing a wonderful job contributing to the personal side and 'community feel' of AR, Dawn, I commend your efforts.

Quote from: Trevor
I don't think you said anything "sissy," in my opinion the real men are the ones who express their feelings. Actually, it takes genuine courage for one to express their true feelings........ Personally, what I believe makes a man a man is to have honor and truth above all. Be true to yourself, never lie, and don't run from responsibility, but embrace it. That's what makes a man in my book.

I couldn't agree more!

You know, I made a thread about this, we discussed what makes a man a man, and THIS would fit in beautifully

Perhaps we ought to start a thread asking 'what makes a woman a woman?'. After all, every woman is an enigma, and men need all the info they can get!
(I feel some jokes coming on...)

Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 210   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: