Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 10:35:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz  (Read 2304 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: November 12, 2007, 08:07:47 am »

Built upon the site of a small Middle Kingdom temple, much of the present temple of Luxor was constructed by the 18th Dynasty pharaoh Amenhotep III (reigned 1391-1353 BC). A stunningly beautiful double colonnaded court was added by the 19th Dynasty pharaoh Ramses II (reigned 1290-1224 BC). The enormous asymmetric complex, over 800 feet long was built in stages to a design unique in sacred architecture; it is constructed upon three separate axes, and every wall, colonnade and hall is rigorously aligned to one or another of these three axes. Additions made a thousand years later by the last of the Egyptian-born pharaohs, those made a few years later by Alexander the Great, and even those of the Romans, were all aligned according to the original axes, showing that the architectural guidelines ordering the temple were handed down through the generations. These three different axes, skewed as they are, seem to defy logical explanation, yet Schwaller de Lubicz saw within them a deliberate expression of harmony, proportion and extraordinary symbolism.

While it is far too complex a subject to discuss here, Schwaller de Lubicz found in the temple of Luxor a record of the Egyptian's understanding of the cosmic laws of creation and the manner in which spirit becomes manifest as matter. One of his central insights was that the various sections of the human body are incorporated into the proportions of the temple itself (see illustration below), and in the proportions of the various sculptures and wall carvings. John Anthony West tells us:
"Because there is nothing in our society that remotely corresponds to a Temple of Luxor, it is difficult to understand why Egypt should have exercised such infinite pains and genius on what is ultimately a symbolic gesture. It is even more difficult for us to understand the uses to which it was put and the effect it must have had on those exposed to it." West then suggests that "the Temple is in the nature of a magic rite, extending over two millennia, designed to evoke in the beholder an understanding of creation and creative power."

The present author strongly agrees with this idea based upon his own experiences at the temple complex. During a three day period spent at Luxor I repeatedly took copies of the illustrations reproduced below into the temple and experimented with both dowsing and meditation at certain sites. The sites I was primarily interested in were those that corresponded to the general locations of the Hindu chakras if they were to be marked upon the illustration of the temple and skeleton. These particular sites registered a significantly stronger dowsing response with both L rods and a pendulum as compared to non-specific areas within the temple. Meditation yielded similar results. On the sites corresponding to the chakra locations I felt a strong tingling sensation in my entire body, and furthermore a sensation of what I can only call increased physical awareness of the locations of the chakras in my own body. It seems logical to me that these experiences are conditioned by both the power of place inherent in the Luxor area, and by the gathering, amplification and focusing of that power at certain specific sites through the agency of Luxor's extensive sacred geometry.

http://www.sacredsites.com/africa/egypt/luxor.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:10:09 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: