Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 10:02:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Twin Peaks

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 7862 times)
Jami Ferrina
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 11:05:37 pm »

*Special Agent Dale Cooper grew up in Philadelphia (according to Season 2, Episode 18, as well as a book, The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes, written by Scott Frost, the brother of the series' producer Mark Frost, providing background information about Cooper). On arriving in Twin Peaks, Cooper quotes W.C. Fields, saying 'I'd rather be here than Philadelphia'. This is no coincidence, since this is where David Lynch lived in the Eraserhead era. Lynch has claimed many times that Philadelphia has had a strong influence on his worldview.

*Kyle MacLachlan apparently could not stand cherry pie, unlike his character. As MacLachlan said in an interview: "I hate cherry pie! Always have, always will!"

*The name of Dale Cooper might have been inspired by the mysterious "D.B. Cooper" who, in 1971, hijacked an airliner leaving Seattle and jumped from the plane with $200,000 dollars strapped to his chest, never to be seen again.

*In a Sesame Street "Monsterpiece Theater" skit, the Cookie Monster played a Dale Cooper-esque character investigating how the town of Twin Beaks got its name, unable to connect this to the fact that all the town's inhabitants (including "David Finch") are birds with two beaks.

*In The Simpsons episode "Who Shot Mr. Burns? Part Two" (2F20, 17 September 1995), Chief Wiggum has a dream that resembles Dale Cooper's dream in which Lisa talks backwards to reveal clues. The chief awakens from his dream with his hair mussed like Cooper's bed hair after his awakening. In the episode "Lisa's Sax" (3G02, 19 October 1997), a flashback to 1990 shows Homer watching the show as Dale Cooper remarks, "That's some damn fine coffee you got here in Twin Peaks... and damn good cherry pie." The Giant is then shown waltzing with a horse, under a tree with a traffic light hanging from a branch. Homer's opinion of the show is "Brilliant!... I have absolutely no idea what's going on."
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: