Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:04:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Twin Peaks

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 7581 times)
Jami Ferrina
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 10:56:51 pm »

In 1990, Simon & Schuster Audio released a cassette entitled Diane ... The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper which compiled many of the recorded diary entries of Cooper that had been featured in the first season and the beginning of the second, along with specially-recorded entries including several taking place prior to the pilot episode. The tape goes up to the aftermath of Cooper's shooting at the start of the second season.[1]

Published by Pocket Books in 1991, the official tie-in book The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes by Scott Frost (writer) (the brother of Twin Peaks co-creator Mark Frost) features a collection of transcripts from Cooper's audio tapes, from his early childhood to the day he is assigned to Laura Palmer's murder. It reveals that Cooper was born on April 19, 1954, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and details his first stumbles with love, obsession with the FBI and the relationships between himself, his parents, Windom Earle and Earle's wife, Caroline. Many of these tape transcripts are dictated to "Diane", though a later tape states that Cooper enjoys the thought of Diane listening to his tapes so much that he will address all tapes to her, whether she will ever listen to them or not. It also reveals how Cooper investigated the murder of Teresa Banks in the town of Deer Meadow - a fact that could not be reconciled following the release of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me a year later.

Like all Twin Peaks spin-off media, the canonicity of these two products in relation to the television series is unclear, although the Diane... cassette did incorporate canoncial elements of the television series.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: