Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 12:38:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Twin Peaks

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 7868 times)
Jami Ferrina
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 10:54:49 pm »

The feature film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me subtly expands on the events of Cooper's fate in the series finale, while at the same time functioning as a prequel that details the last week of Laura Palmer's life.

At one point while experiencing a strange dream involving the Black Lodge and its residents, in the non-linear realm Laura encounters Cooper at a point after he has become trapped there. Cooper implores her not to take "the ring", a mysterious object that gives it's wearer a sort of connection to the Black Lodge. Shortly thereafter, Laura also has a vision of a bloody Annie Blackburn beside her in her bed, who tells her: "My name is Annie. I've been with Laura and Dale. The good Dale is in the Lodge, and he can't leave. Write it in your diary." It is unknown if Laura did in fact transcribe this to the diary in her possession at the time. (Though, it has been said had the series continued in some fashion, this plot would have followed up on).

At the film's conclusion, Laura's spirit sits in the Red Room, and is looking up at Cooper whose hand is resting on her shoulder, and is smiling at her. Shortly thereafter, Laura's angel appears before them both and the film ends. The meaning behind Cooper's prescence alongside Laura, and indeed, his ultimate fate - if he ever escaped the Black Lodge - is unknown.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: