Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:50:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Twin Peaks

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 7538 times)
Jami Ferrina
Superhero Member

« on: November 11, 2007, 10:25:05 pm »

Improvisation

At several points during the filming, Lynch improvised by incorporating on-set accidents into the story. The most notable of these occurred when set decorator Frank Silva was accidentally filmed in a mirror during Sarah Palmer's vision at the end of the pilot. When David Lynch saw Silva's face, he liked it so much he kept it in the show, and cast Silva as "BOB", the mysterious tormentor of Laura Palmer.[7]

During the filming of the scene in which Cooper first examines Laura's body, a malfunctioning fluorescent light above the table flickered constantly, but Lynch decided not to replace it, since he liked the disconcerting effect that it created. Also, during the take, one of the minor actors misheard a line and, thinking he was being asked his name, he told Cooper his real name instead of saying his line, briefly throwing everyone off balance. Lynch was reportedly pleased with the lifelike, unscripted moment in dialog, and kept the "mistake" in the final cut:[8]

ATTENDANT: I have to apologize again for the fluorescent lights. I think it's a bad transformer.
COOPER (Kyle MacLachlan): That's quite all right.
TRUMAN (Michael Ontkean): Agent Cooper, we did scrape those nails when we brought her in.
COOPER: Here it is. There it is. Oh my God, here it is!
COOPER (to attendant): Would you leave us, please?
ATTENDANT: Jim.
COOPER: Uh...would you leave us alone, please?
ATTENDANT: Oh. Certainly.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 10:27:09 pm by Jami Ferrina » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: