Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:54:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Medinet Habu

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medinet Habu  (Read 1798 times)
Helios
Superhero Member

« on: March 05, 2007, 05:42:53 am »

Medinet Habu (temple)

Mortuary Temple of Ramesses III, from the air.

Medinet Habu is the name commonly given to the Mortuary Temple of Ramesses III, an important New Kingdom period structure in the location of the same name on the West Bank of Luxor in Egypt. Aside from its intrinsic size and architectural and artistic importance, the temple is probably best known as the source of inscribed reliefs depicting the advent and defeat of the Sea Peoples during the reign of Ramesses III.
Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:44:24 am »

Description

The temple, some 150 m long, is of orthodox design, and resembles closely the nearby mortuary temple of Ramesses II (the Ramesseum). It is relatively well preserved, and is surrounded by a massive mudbrick enclosure, which may have been fortified. The original entrance is through a fortified gate-house, known as a migdol (a common architectural feature of Asiatic fortresses of the time).

Just inside the enclosure, to the south, are chapels of Amenirdis I, Shepenupet II and Nitiqret, all of whom had the title of Divine Adoratrice of Amun.

The first pylon leads into an open courtyard, lined with colossal statues of Ramesses III as Osiris on one side, and uncarved columns on the other. The second pylon leads into a peristyle hall, again featuring columns in the shape of Ramesses. This leads up a ramp that leads (through a columned portico) to the third pylon and then into the large hypostyle hall (which has lost its roof). Reliefs and actual heads of foreign captives were also found placed within the temple perhaps in an attempt to symbolise the king's control over Syria and Nubia.

In Coptic times, there was a church inside the temple structure, which has since been removed. Some of the carvings in the main wall of the temple have been altered by coptic carvings.

Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."
Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 05:45:34 am »

Migdol entrance to Medinet Habu
Report Spam   Logged

Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 05:46:47 am »

First Pylon of the Mortuary Temple of Ramesses III
Report Spam   Logged

Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 05:47:56 am »

Ceiling decoration in the peristyle hall
Report Spam   Logged

Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 05:49:14 am »

Ramessid columns in the peristyle court
Report Spam   Logged

BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 01:52:12 pm »

NICE pictures,

The SeaPeoples are NOT from 1200 bc but thge Persian invadors under Generals Iphicratos & MegaByssos, who in 380 bc tried to win back the Tax-rights from Ramesses-3 over Egypt.

In this attempt to overpower the 29-th Dynasty, The Persian Admiral enlisted several Greek mercenaries, however they miscalculated the time to prepare a Lauch-off of the entire Fleet and came into the Nile-Estuary during the Spring Floods and thus were actually thrown back to open sea.

In his REVISED- Chronology dr Velikovsky sufficiently proofed the occurrence of 500 non-existent spook years thus the invasionDate of the( Greek! mercenary-)Sea-Peoples is not 1200 bc but in this case 380 bc.

Conventionally/ officially from the 1850 Brugsch-Chronology, the Ramesses-Dynasty is called the 19-th, but Ramesses-3 was the same as the Pharaoh called Nectanebo-1 of the 28-th egyptian Dynasty.

THUS, Pharaoh Ramesses-3 Reigned not in 1200-1170 bc but: 380-350 bc; after his death in 349-untill: 333 bc the persian King Artaxerxes=3 re-occupied Egypt untill Alexander the Great, had himself declared new Pharaoh of Egypt at the Shiwa-Oasis in the Lybian Desert.

Nectanebo-1/Rammesses-3,  copied a lot of art from his predecessor Ramesses-2 ( the one who left Jerusalem/ Kar-Chemish) in the Lurch on Advice of his Prophet-of-Ammon named; jEREMIAS.) Which act resulted in the First"Holocaust"of 598 bc, when King Nebucad-Nessar deported trhe Jews from Kar-Chemish on the pretext that they had resited his invasionforce while still loyal & under hegemony of the Egyptians who just"sold'their loyal Subjects into slavery of the enemy!)  Thanks for Nothing mr megalomaniac-Rammesses-2 !!!

About 1971-or 1975  a lady who's name has a "Z" in it, published a coffytable giant Pocket issued about this marine-invasion with the Title"The Sea People"totally ignoring dr Velikovsky's discovery 5 years earlier.

Sincerely   Cry  "BlueHueCry

Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 03:19:53 pm »

Hi Blue Hue
I think my opinion on this will be less than worthless because I simply cannot, no matter how hard I try, get the time lines right for all these events in ancient history.

However - not being a studious person like yourself, it has crossed my mind that the Persians, would not have been referred to as the "Sea People" by people living along the Med. (Unless this was a name that only the Egyptians used for the Persians who lived across the RED Sea)  In the very recent past, I saw a documentary on this and altho the Persians were trying to invade Greece by crossing a small arm of water, it showed the Persians taking over Egypt via a land route.  The Persians did have ships. And they may have approached Egypt in the spring flood at one time or another.  But the "foot" army of Persia was immense and it seems they overtook Egypt by land.  Although of course, they would have had to come across the Red Sea with the troops and horses.

I have never figured out this business of the "missing years" but - and I'm probably sticking my foot in my mouth to say this - even if you take 500 from 1200, you get 700 not 380. 

Back to the "Sea Peoples" - It is only my humble opinion, that anyone already living on a sea, would be called "Sea Peoples", so to me, this means that whoever the Sea Peoples are that are being referred to, are a peoples that A) live on an island and HAD to be good on the sea to survive B) Were a people who lived beyond the known sea C) Were so advanced in sea-faring skills the name was given in respect to this skill.

Personally, trying to think like I was living in those times, I would say the answer is B.  A peoples who lived beyond the known land mass, and had to cross the "sea" (meaning to me - ocean).  I do not mean to say that they livied in the Americas or anything like that.  I mean to say that they may have lived on an island outside the straits of Gibralter.  The may have been deep-sea fishermen who brought fish from the ocean to trade, that were different from the fish in the Med. and the rivers.  The Sea People could have been a peoples who worshipped something that looked like a Sea creature.  They may have been a peoples that dived for pearls and could their breath under water for a long time and it would appear to other people that they could breathe underwater.

The term Sea Peoples is hard to explain in terms of why they were named that.  If I was interested in studying this subject of Sea Peoples, what should I read?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 03:48:48 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 03:44:43 pm »

Hi Again BlueHue
I would like to say here that I find the tone of your posts highly intelligent and well thought out.  The detail is mind boggling. The stories of the different intrigues are totally facinating.  I'm afraid I'm very naieve when it comes to this sort of intrigue.  I was thinking that if Persia already controlled Egypt - and I can't for the life of me - remember what those dates were, then they would not have had to challenge Egypt from the mouth of the Nile.  If they did not control Egypt at the time of this attack, I don't believe they would have tried it from the sea - side of Egypt.  I am of course, talking the Med. side, since that is where the Nile is!!!  In the documentary I saw, which was totally facinating, it showed the Persians actually making a canal to bring the ships to the Med from the Red Sea arm.  It was a most incredulous feat of engineering, and had to be perfectly level.  The ships would enter the canal and sail for part of the way, and then were pulled on rollers over a "portage" to the next "lock".  I don't know the names of the arms of the Nile at the mouth, but this was an eastern arm, not the one where the Suez canal is now.  Apparently, ruins of this canal can still be seen in places.  If the Persians wanted to take over Egypt, it would make more sense for them to attack from the Red Sea side and move from South to North.  That way, there would be less resistance as they proceeded.  Like coming in the back door so to speak.  Supposedly at the time they built this canal, it was for trading purposes.  I think this was in the time of Cyrus the Great, so it would have been BEFORE they conquered Egypt, since it was Cyrus's son who conquered Egypt.  Altho I'm not positive the canal WAS built by Cyrus - it could have been his son that did it.

Was this name Sea Peoples referred to only in Egyptian writings or are they also referred to by writers of other countries?  If it was unique to the Egyptians, maybe it was a term they used to signify thier neighbors across the RED Sea and used a different term to desigate thier neighbors on the Med. Sea.  If ALL the peoples of the Med. called a specific group of peoples Sea Peoples, then I would not think it was referring to the Persians.  In antiquity, were not the Persians referred to mostly as "Arabians"?  I don't have a clue.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 03:56:59 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 09:04:18 pm »

Sea Peoples = Oannes?  Maybe? Or a remant who still believed that a god came from the sea and was dressed as a fish?
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

BlueHue
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 08:11:52 am »

DEAR   QOIAS,

Sad  ABOUT DATING THE SEA-PEOPLES:March 4 , 2007
Dr. Velikovsky has done this in his 1970 (Pocketbook.)"The PEOPLES-of-the-SEA" but he was boycotted.
Whilst other professional or learned scholars, made.( and continue to make!) wild theories about the provenance of these Invaders, ( Like possibly Hittites from Anatolia.)  he just asked his famous question:

WHO WERE THE -synchronic- CONTEMPORARIES of: King RAMMESSES-3 ??
We know for Fact that Egyptian Kings of the 25-th Dynasty,( 750-650 bc.) have copied Assyrian Modells for their GraveTemple-Walls.  The only difference is in the Style, of the Clothing whilst Egyptian Gods usually sit on a couch, the Great assyrian Kings Stand in front of a standing  Deity, and by lo, most egyptian Tombwall-pictures during the Assyrian period Sad 650-600 bc)depict standing Dieties !

MEDINET  HABU IS 800 YEARS -YOUNGER- THAN WE GAVE CREDIT FOR: NOT 1200 bc but 380 bcSo likewise the Egyptian 27-th Dynasty of the NECTANEBO's has copied Persian Reliëf Paintings on their Tomb Temple walls at MEDINET HABU( to stay within this Thread-Topic !)The 19th Dynasty of Rammesses-3 has in this Mortuary Temple reliëf-paintings-arrangements copied from the Persian King's halls, notably the warHorse Cart, with the Horse feather-Headgear exactly the same as from the persian original.

MIXED-UP DYNASTIES HAVE RIDDLED THE EGYPTIAN CHRONOLOGY: But Professionals don't want to know
This is impossible because Rammesses-3 supposedly reigned inbetween: 1200-1175 bc and the persian overlordship started only since Chambyssos- conquest( by treachery of the egyptian Chiefstrategos.)in 525 bc.

The question thus rises that the date 1200 bc must be a false conjecture, because The Conquest of Egypt at 525 bc is a well documented historical fact from both the Egypt & the Perian records
Thus Rammesses-3 must be identical with NECTANEBO-1 who reigned in 380-350 bc ( in, round figures.)

"DOUBLETTS of DYNASTIES",
Thus the 19-th and 20-th Dynasties as Priest-King Dynasties were actually "Doubletts"of the 27-th Dynasty.  Ramesses-3 was originally a persian vassal King who rebelled agains Artaxerxes-2 and The Persians tried to re-capture the Country's main Capital Memphis in the Nile-Delta, rather than trying to occupy Egypt from it's soft bellyside along the Theban-Nile region.

SEA-PEOPLES WERE NOMINAL PERSIAN SUBJECTS
Contrary to popular believe, after the Battles of Marathon & Termopyle against Xerxes-2 ( About 550 bc.)
more than 60% of the Greek isles preferred to remain under Persian Suzereinity, rather than face their own harsh-countrymen as taxcollectors from the mainland.

This accounts for the fact that 2/3 of the persian attack/expeditionary force to Memphis consisted of Greek marine mercenaries and only a third were Persian bowmen( the ones with a headband with Feathers.)  The Greek names were ofcourse originally written in Persian not greek, and translaed from the Persian origin by the egyptians on the Temple Walls at Medinet-Habu, so these purely Greek names got a curious punician/Hattian flavour.   Which sent the Sea-People wrters on a wrong footing.

EGYPTIAN  VICTORY BY A LUCKY  STROKE> > >
HERODOTUS, quoted by Dr Velikovsky tells that the original Fleet-Admiral-Commander was King AGESILAUS from Sparta.   But this king said that he was rich enough to bribe the Fleetcommanders into attacking Perisan Ports and occupy Persia ( e.g. Sardes.)itself instead of -just-Memphis, so he was replaced by a Persian Admiral( who proofed to be an in-experienced Honorary-Court-Admiral.)PHARNABAZOS. with a greek General for the landbattle-part:"IPHICRATES. So, by the srvices of the greek traders in Naukratis,  the Egyptians had plenty of warning for what was to come as boarderfighting goes.! and heeded it

To catch a country, capture it's capital !!
Rammesses-3 had not enough troops/Boats to occupy all 3 Brances of the Nile Delta: The Sybennitic, the Alexandrian & the Canopic Brances.    When the breaching of the canopic Brance was twarted and the Fleet Admiral AGESILAUS called back, ( together with his men the 1/3 part of the whole force. ( the ones with the Sundisk between the Helmet-Horns.)NEXT, the Persians went past the Alexandrian brance and attempted to enter into the Sybennitic Brance not realising that it was the Month of the "little -Niledelta-Tsunami"

DID THE SEA-PEOPLES TURN AGAINST THEMSELVES AT THE BATTLE-FINISH  ??
So they were washed-out to open seas where the Egyptian Boats could easily enclose them.  The greek mercenaries rather than becoming egyptian captives decided to rebel against their Persian allied Chiefs: Iphicrates & Pharnabazos and turned against the Persian Bowmen.    Which explained why these "Sea-Peoples apparently were fighting themselves at the battle finish.

COULDN'T HISTORIANS TELL GREEKS APART FROM " those fictual Hitties from Anatolia" ??
Because the Egyptian Soldier's gear has remained unchanged for 1000 years, and the Grek mercenaries"uniform"LOOKED PRETTY PRIMITIVE, the scholars decided that the Peoples of the Seas must date from very early times before the"real-Greeks"( from Turkey & Palestine.)had occupied Greece( about 1100 bc.)

HOW DID -REAL- GREEK HOPLITES LOOK LIKE. . . ( BEFORE THE GLORIOUS HELENISTIC TIMES" ?? )Certainly we as moviewatchers ( Troy with Brad-Pitt & The Argonautes & Odysseus homecoming".)are spoiled, to the core,  in our conception of the greek soldier's resplended greek military uniforms with golden feathers and a giant Horsetail Helmet-paraphranelia, the cheek-protectors emboissed with flying angles , and the goldmetal harnesses with bodymuscle-imprint,

But these really existing  armors, were from general-officers not from the common soldiers who often wore cumbersome heavy Helmets made only from 50% bronze metal, by melting ( expensive!)copper , not with Casserite or Tin, not even Lead, but: with 50%( inexpensive  limestone( so that they wore shiny-helmets which resembled to bowls of metallic Glass, rather than metalsheet frying-pans,  & body armor was often made from "Starched cardboard", painted shiny-white to look like metal-plates. the shields were not metalsheet either but from glued Perkament.  Leather was only on the shoe-strings.

"PEOPLES-OF-the-SEA"is DIFFEREND from:  "PEOPLES-from-the SEA WHO GIVES A HOOT abou it ??The name Peoples from the Seas'' is somewhat misleading because they came from a Persian naval-Base near present JOPPA in Philista, where the individual Fleets from the Persian dependances in the greek Cyclade-Isles had to convene before being "send-out"to occupy Egypt(=Memphis.)
Philistia is also a misleading name it looks different from the Geo-name PALESTINE, but it is the same name
Philis-may mean Sons -of -the -Land, but PALES-Tine  simply means:"LAKE-People" by extention"SEA-people

WHEN A SEA, is not a SEA, but an inland irrigation LAKE:
The Name SEA-People is thus an transcription of Palestine !  to illustrate for the very intrested persons how a translation error made the Word: "Lake-People" into the more know SEA-People, I quote that in the German language the Geo-Names of SEA & LAKE have been in-explicably:"Switched" their respective meaning during the centuries.      When a German speaks about the irrigation-LAKES in his country he calls them ( Stau-)SEE, thus: SEAS, not Lakes this is very strange to english speakers who name a LAKE a POND but not a SEA/ "SEE".    Do you see what I meant ?? It is Odd but you'll get used to this anomaly .

CONCLUSION:
We now know that the DATE is WRONG: 1200 bc should be 380 bc accounting for Greek & persian artefacts in Medinet Habu( which were explained-away as:"inserted tomb-Gifts of Later dates./days")

RAMMESSES-3 is the Throne name of NECTANEBO-1( which he took while yet being known as Nectanebo-1 by the Greeks.)He thus did not live in 1200-1175 bc but 380-50 bc ( Which is indeed even more than Dr.V's  ( average-)500-years apart.)

This also means that all the other Eleven/ Seven! Ramesses that comprized the whole of the 20-th dynasty were compressed inbetween Rammesses-3's death in 350 bc & the reconquest of Egypt by Artaxerxces-3 "Longimanes"  in 345.   Thus the 20 "Pharaohs"of the 20-th Dynasty were actually the 27-th dynasty that only existed"in about 350-345 Thus a Dynasty of only 5 years with 20 Kings!

The obvious-solution to this "Enigma" is that these Priestkings called Rammessess-3 to Eleven, were reining
concordantly in 20 provence(=Nomo.)at the same time, but claiming the royal title "illegally" or just structurally, as part of a honorary titulature.

because: PTOLEMY DID NOT LIKE ERASTHOSTENES( who was accurate.),  HE USED THE( wrong )COÖRDINATES OF POSIDONIS( who was in-accurate.) to locate Atlantis (in 200 ad )in North-Africa/ Mauretania.)
By this Ptolemy had set-back Cartography for  500 years, it took another 1500 years and the condamnation , of that Polish monk Copernicus, & Gallileo, before Orthelius & Mercator found the right Carthesian-Coördinates only because Ptolemy did not like Erasthostenes work.    Likewise, Nancy Sandars ( Book The Sea-Peoples, London Thames & Hudson.1975)and other writers after her ( Betancourt- 2000.) could have easily picked-up or copied the right  information so briljantly provided by Dr Velikovsky, but they culled nothing from Dr Velikovsky, afraid to become a laughingstock to the professional academic-establishment,  to their own detriment.

SEA-PEOPLES ??... WASN'T THAT HITTITES from-ANATOLIA in 1200 BC? ( I THINK I GOT THAT RIGHT ?!?.)
Even in This Thread everybody follows the traditional-route for the Sea-Peoples and doubts if Dr Velikovsky's discovery is to be trusted because as a geologist, he had no standing as an amateur-Egyptologist, and however right he was, the professional Egyptologists kept seeing  him as an New-age-"Interloper" on their sacret 'territorry'.

IOANNES WAS A GARDENER< NOT A SEA-PEOPLE, despite his - mistaken-"FISH"-JACKET
You asked specifically about the OANNES FIGURE, it is YOUR Question, I did not bring this up off topic-here-
So I hope to be excused for digressing a bit here:  OANES is a ( Babylonian-)copy of the Greek Poseidon.
Etymology & Iconography are Arts that professional Assyrologists like to avoid as:"{ Unscientific".)
So except on Coin-iconology they do not mention it.

The name OANNES is wrong as-usual- it is a word-corruption of the name of "Atlantis": IO-DANN(+ESH.)
The name for OMAN was originally IO-MAN, and the name for Hadramaut(= Catramotita from the"Periplus" edition  year: 600 ad, by nestorial-Patriarch: Cosmas io-Pleutes.)was originally AYAMAN( thus io-MAN.   IOMAN became Oan-nes by wordcorruption, it means just:"Greek King"or KING-DANN, of the GREEKS", by extention, it means ATLAS-the-KING-of-ATLANTIS, this ( 1st-)King was: DANAOS: King"AD"

King POSEIDON, AS: King DEUKALION
As the'original "Poseidon he was depicted as a standing Figure above a plantpot with a sappling in it.  ( the Babylonians have elaborated him a bit, put a crown on his head gave him shoes and a basketlike Bucket- with a sponge  instead of a thin vase as watercontainer. This Sappling( a Siccomore-Figtree.) had 3 Branches representing the ( 3 Seasons.) with his right hand he held the stem with his left hand he watered this sappling from above by a Can in the form of a long, tall teapott, Thus, comemmorating the( First-Tsunami/=seismic-Flood, that hit "Atlantis- Aden in 1075 bc.)

A FISHTAIL WAS THE COVERTED SYMBOL/= ICON FOR AN ELEPHANT(= a WaterPIG,/Piscus.) FROM Atlantis
Originally Poseidon/Oannes,  was seated on ( THE BACK OF:)a small -Elephant while doiing this.
Thus the real Poseidon was also standing above 2 Elephants depicted as sea-wadeing:"Hippo-Campii.)
Later in the Babylonian Reliefs of this Tree-of-Life, he was standing with the head of a Griffion or Harpy which both mean the Tabooed Elephant's Head.    Later jewish practice was to depict jewish Kings with BirdHeads.   Thus the GRIFFION is the "Bird-of-Atlantis"  These"Birda-of-Paradise"were thus( White-)Elephants.  (  Sure it is hard to see the cxonnection between a Bird nan an Elephant, but if we were shaped in the likeness of the oldes God than we are all Elephants.)

in Atlantis, and Punicia the White Elephant was nicknamed as a Fish, because he lived like a moose in the coastal waters under the name "Sun-Bull-of-Helios.  In the Babylonia transcript the phrased"On the Back of this Fish/ Elephant may have been misprinted as"on his back he had a fish".  So this Oannes-Fish was not a Fish at all !!  It was the Elephant on which  BACK, Poseidon was supposed to have seated, not the other way around that the fish/ Elephant sat on Poseidon('s back.) Translation errors became"Dogma's"

The god DAGON or Dagan  has a fish body and a man's torso, an impossibility BUT to save space on COINs the Coinmaker merged the Figure of Poseidon, with the animal Elephant he was sitting on, to a new composite the:"Mer-Man".) Likewise CECROPS & ERICHTHONIOS were depicted as Men with"fish, (later "Snake-)bodies.  The Fish-part meant that they were originally depicted as riding an Elehant until the year 855 bc when the white-Elephant was declared TABOO in the Known-World and killed.

PERSIANS CAME FROM A LAND(=Fars) ALSO KNOWN AS:"ARABISTAN" or Lurista or Beluchistan or Pakistan or
The Persians were called Arabians because they had occupied all of Arabia from head to toe, but this is a modern term: Arabia used to be named:"HYPERBORIA" when this LAND became TABOO, the translators simply reversed the Letter-order: HyperBoria became: Hyper-abians=Airab/Repia this was further "Contracted" to: 'Europa'  ( Eurybia"just happened to mean 'Broadface-d'.)

ABOUT THE RED-SEA CANAL( IT DID NOT EXIST YET IN 1200 bc.( So no Sea-Peoples there !)This Mediterranean Red-Sea-Canal was carved from the soft silt soil in the Delta, and started 30- km from the Mediaterranean Sea-shore at Memphis and was paralell to the present Suez-Canal but 5-Km apart.
it was started and finished by Ramesses-2 in about 600( not 1200. bc.) but it was soon blown in with sands and Darius in 520 bc only removed this sands from the allready existing Canal.

Rammesses-2 was warned that the PERSIANS COULD HAVE WELL USED THIS CANAL
TO INVADE EGYPT SECRETLY,But that is nonsence this dreaded invasion came indeed about a 100 years after Ramesses-2 by the treachery /bribary-of- an egyptian official, the then Minister of War of Psammetticus-3, in 525, who had made waterholes into the desert Cliffs to provide for the approaching persian Army.( Quote=Herodotus.)

In earlier times, the Time of Pharaoh/ King Shabatakko-Tarhakka,( Known as "Sethos"= vassal-King of Assur.) (and his son the Last( native-) king Tanut-Amun, also known as: "Seti-1")the Assyrian host of Assurpanibal occupied the Egyptian capitals of Memphis & Thebes,  at the end of the 25-th Dynasty in 670-650 bc by crossing a landbridge at Bab el Mandab/ Perim( which is the original "Strait-of-Gibraltar".)it appeared however that a meteoric shower happened to hit the invading assyrian army in 670 in Ethiopia, and Assurpanibal only fluke was that at the first skirmishes he already had taken prisionner the Egyptian king Tarhakka, and forched him to acknowledge assirian overlordship in Egypt.  Tarhakka escaped during the meteoric shower but kept his allegence to Assur, incidentally, in the Bible Tarhakka is called "MANASHE"

This was in the AFAR-TRIANGLE
which is known for spontaneous Landrises (= Guyots.)and Seashore sinking,(=Tombolos.) so maybe Assurpanibal was just Lucky to be there when the seabottom occasionally rose.  If memory is correct: the distance between Africa/ Tanger  & Spain/ Gibraltar is 40.Km at a dept of 40 meters  the distance between French Somaliland & south-Araby is 15 Km and the mean Depth is also 15 meters, That's why in earlier times( Before 855 bc !) this STRAIT-of Bab-el-Mandab"  was nick-named the:  "Indian-BOSPHOROS".

MARK PONTA has read some parts
( as a schoolbrat, illegally at the NewsStand ??)of: the PEOPLES-of-the-SEAS"by Velokovsky and found it intriging but was not quite ready to accept it, after yeras of study of Atlantis he is now impatient for "real Evidence". . . . In this case of Debuking or Denouncing the Wrong date of 1200 bc for the non-existant"Peoples-of-the-SEAS"  How 'real' should REAL-evidence be?

If people don't want to accept Dr Velikovsky's solution of the Seapeople's problem and keep writing about it with wild theories not quoting Dr.V's discovery,  then,  we are guilty not only of Bliss-ignorance, but of promoting it!

GEORGEOS,  ALREADY MENTIONED ( IN, A.R.) THAT YOU DON"T READ HIS CLEAR EXPLANATIONS VERY WELL, and that he is not mad at you in re-explainig what he just had said.I hope to have sufficiently answered some of your Questions, and more to come, You know that I have posted these answers 400 times on www"Atlan-Org" and still most people there were promted to believe in an ATLANTIS in Indonesia, just forgetting that in 9.000 bc indonesia was in the Arctic zone.

Please, IN CASE THAT, you think replying to the ABOVE, is too tyresome, just COMMENT on my damned Subscript !

Sincerely Sad  " BlueHueSad

Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 02:05:10 am »

Hi BlueHue

I can't comment on your post or your sub-script because I am in total ignorance of your subject matter.  I have read a wee bit since I last posted here about Medinet Habu, and the Sea Peoples being a "conglomerate" of people who lived on islands and attacked the Egyptians.  However, the one article says that perhaps these sea peoples raided Egypt on a regular basis and the reason for the thinking in terms of a conglomerate was because the sea peoples in the carvings, all had different clothing, perhaps indicating they were from different places.  The people that were mentioned as being sea peoples, I had never even heard of before.  I know absolutely nothing about the time lines of any of these events, nor the people involved.  I get totally confused about all the Ramses this that and whoever, and I get confused on who did what because they kept erasing other people's feats, and putting their own names instead.  So how the heck can you figure it all out anyway?

http://ib205.tripod.com/foreign_lands.html

http://www.courses.psu.edu/cams/cams400w_aek11/mhabu.html

I thought this second link was a rather good article, but again, I don't know the subject matter.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 02:17:18 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

BlueHue
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 11:38:00 am »

I don't remember much because I got pre-natal- Alz-heimers's Disease but writing down information and forgetting about it untill you find the notes again helps a lot
Report Spam   Logged

BlueHue
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 12:03:05 pm »

Hi Again BlueHue
I would like to say here that I find the tone of your posts well thought out.  The detail is mind boggling. The stories of the different intrigues are totally facinating.  I'm afraid I'm very naieve when it comes to this sort of intrigue.  I was thinking that if Persia already controlled Egypt - and I can't for the life of me - remember what those dates were, then they would not have had to challenge Egypt from the mouth of the Nile.  If they did not control Egypt at the time of this attack, I don't believe they would have tried it from the sea - side of Egypt.  I am of course, talking the Med. side, since that is where the Nile is!!!  In the documentary I saw, which was totally facinating, canal can still be seen in places.  If the Persians wanted to take over Egypt, it would make more sense for them to attack from the Red Sea side and move from South to North.  That way, there would be less resistance as they proceeded.  Like coming in the back door so to speak.  Supposedly at the time they built this canal, it was for trading purposes.  I think this was in the time of Cyrus the Great, so it would have been BEFORE they conquered Egypt, since it was Cyrus's son who conquered Egypt.  Altho I'm not positive the canal WAS built by Cyrus - it could have been his son that did it.

Was this name Sea Peoples referred to only in Egyptian writings or are they also referred to by writers of other countries?  If it was unique to the Egyptians, maybe it was a term they used to signify thier neighbors across the RED Sea and used a different term to desigate thier neighbors on the Med. Sea.  If ALL the peoples of the Med. called a specific group of peoples Sea Peoples, then I would not think it was referring to the Persians.  In antiquity, were not the Persians referred to mostly as "Arabians"?  I don't have a clue

DEAR ...QOAIS,[/color]

Thank you for Your Compliment, but I am just an amateur Historian and rather a Tongue-tied internet recluse.   If you met me in the flesh, I would not be able to utter a word of King's english.

The SEA-Peoples were actually Lake-Peoples wich isa what PALESTINIAN menas, otherwise they were Greek mercenaries in Persian service Dr Velikovsky's 1970-book"The Peoples-of-the-Sea"( at Foyles or a 2nd H bookshop.) tells you all about it.)  The Keftiu and Hatti are the same as the Mittanni or Biblical Medianites living in Oman, not irak.

When the Babylonians took over the HATTI=Atlantewans in Araby, they renamed themselves Kings of AKKAD(=Hatti)or Hittites so lateron the Hatti=Atlanteans became the Hittites(= Babylonians.)

Maybe the present "Arabians ARE Persians because the belly of Persia:  Beluchistan used to be called Luristan or Arabistan.  This was one of the three Parts, of the World creation, that, the God THOT divided the World into AFTER the first great Flood/Tsunami in1075 bc.

Indeed from Cambyssos son of Cyros the-Great, in 525-333 Egypt was dominated by the Persian 26-28-th dynasties, but the Nectanebo-1-1-3 Dynasty nr 27 Florished as an independant rebel nation inbetweejn 380-345 bc.  The persian king Artaxerxes-3 managed to retake Egypt in 445 bc until 335 when Alexander had himself crownd as the first greek Pharaoh at the AmunTemple of the Shiva-Oasis in the Lybian Desert.

These attacks were merely a light expeditionary Force trying to catch the Eg.Kings military Headquarters thus not a full war attack.  The south part of UpperEgypt may have allready been firmly in Persian hands, as was the whole of Arabia.  The Part that was named ATlantis used to be the third-hand part of Egypt where the Priests of PTHA had carved out a realm that however took the envy of Babylonians an Persians.

the Symbolic Crown for Atlantis was the Egyptian HEM-HEM-Crown; or TATENEN Crown. Femals wore a light wig with 3 snakes on the forehead as"titulary Queens of Atlantis(= Aden.)

Only Bathsheba(=Hatsepsut.)and Queen TYE(= Jesabelle.) really once resided in Aden for a spel Nefertete was known as Queen ATHALIA( Atlantis-Queenie or ATHE-RiA.)

This can all be surmised by my Timeline Chart of 13 MB which cannot be sent because of Emailsize Limits.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:23:42 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

julia

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 10:13:12 am »

Dear Bluehue:
how can you be sure of Velikovsky s timeline??All the historians in the world says same thing, velikovsky says the opposite..I mean, I would not be so sure..
the Sea peoples were nothing but minoan people who was In the Crete and Their civilization ended by a giant Tsunami..I am sorry but, why in the world Hittites should be the Sea people??they were in the Middle of the Anatolia..you know, There is aBig confusion about those Hittites issue.And actually aryan issue.Aryans are nothing but the Yaphetides who are very same people with the semities.When assyrian empire expanded, the Yaphetidic people came to Anatolia andTheir languages(Which is semitic) mixed up with the Hatti language and becameAnatolian language..Hatti language was anorthern caucasianlanguage..Thats why Indo-european languages are so different from each other..but, hittites have no reason to be the sea people..the Pealsgian people who were ancestors of theetruscans, were in the Crete in in the Greece.When, Ionian people came there, they just went to north and,Their last remnent island was crete..When the tsunami and Volcano exploded, earthquake came Their civilzation was totally destroyed and they became sea peoples.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: