Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 04:25:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

MORE Republican Sex Scandals

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MORE Republican Sex Scandals  (Read 34 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: November 01, 2007, 02:56:41 pm »

CLARK COUNTY, WASHINGTON

Embattled Curtis steps down

Thursday, November 01, 2007
BY KATHIE DURBIN,
Columbian staff writer

Ending 48 hours of speculation about his political future, disgraced state Rep. Richard Curtis submitted his resignation Wednesday to Gov. Chris ­Gregoire, effective immediately.

"While I believe we've done some good and helped a lot of people during the time I served in the Legislature, events that have recently come to light have hurt a lot of people," Curtis, a La Center Republican, said in a statement released by the House Republican Caucus. "I sincerely apologize for any pain my actions may have caused."

Curtis, under fire after revelations that he allegedly initiated sex with a male **** model while in Spokane last week, faced pressure from the caucus and the state party to step down. Party leaders were prepared to call publicly for his resignation if he did not agree to resign.

"I am very disappointed by the news reports of the conduct by Rep. Curtis last week in Spokane," House Republican leader Richard DeBoldt of Chehalis said in a statement released simultaneously with Curtis's resignation announcement.

"After discussing this matter with House Republican leaders, he has submitted his resignation, which we feel is best for everyone involved," DeBoldt said. "The troubling details continue to emerge. ... It has become clear that he can no longer effectively represent the constituents who elected him. We pray that Richard and his family have the strength and support they need to meet the personal challenges they face."

"Representative Curtis did the right thing by resigning today, as it was clear he could no longer effectively represent either the Republican Party or his constituents," said State Republican Party Chairman Luke Esser.

"I recognize this is a very difficult time for the Curtis family and the La Center community," Gov. Gregoire said in a statement. "My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 03:01:00 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: