Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:34:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ARTICLES FROM CURRENT ASTROLOGERS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARTICLES FROM CURRENT ASTROLOGERS  (Read 3984 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2008, 09:13:04 am »

Despite these outrageous statements, McCain sought to maintain Hagee’s endorsement, even rather confusedly claiming in an April 20, 2008 interview with George Stephanopoulis on ABC’s “This Week” that seeking Hagee’s support was “probably a mistake,” but concluding that he was nevertheless “happy to have it.” But as with Obama and Reverend Wright, there comes a breaking point in all such relationships, and McCain’s was reached when in mid-May the audio of a Hagee sermon was released, wherein the Texas firebrand identified Hitler as the “hunter” in a passage by Jeremiah (!), affirming that the Holocaust was part of the divine plan to return the Jews to Israel. Now, slurring homosexuals, Catholics and Muslims is apparently fair game, but when it comes to the key Jewish constituencies in swing states like Florida, that’s another matter. On May 22 McCain formally denounced Hagee and rejected his endorsement, stating, “Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible. [...] I did not know of them before Reverend Hagee’s endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well.”

On the same day McCain also found it expedient to cut loose a second fundamentalist albatross about his neck, Reverend Rod Parsley, managing to work in a not-so-subtle jibe at Obama as well: “I've never been in Pastor Hagee's church or Pastor Parsley's church. I didn't attend their church for 20 years, and I'm not a member of their church. I received their endorsement, which did not mean that I endorsed their views.” Both ministers promptly withdrew the endorsements that had been spurned.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: