Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:20:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ARTICLES FROM CURRENT ASTROLOGERS

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARTICLES FROM CURRENT ASTROLOGERS  (Read 3945 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 07:37:30 am »

The main time to watch for the major events to be brought about by the Feb 21st eclipse is
the 21st of May, as a median date. On that date there is a double activation of the eclipse
point by the Sun and Saturn. The other Sun activation takes place on Aug 24th and the only
Mars activation this year is on July 4th. Get out the fireworks and celebrate! Whether the
eclipse will have anything left in it in terms of outer events after July will remain to be seen.
With two Saturn activations, it is doubtful that much more would follow in the wake of this
eclipse after July of this year. At this point, then, I will leave the subject of eclipses for a
while (until August). It is time to have a look at the dynamics of the full moon figure and see
what is in store for the month of this solar festival.

We have already had a look at the Sun/Moon axis and considered the effects of the eclipse.
What has not been mentioned is that the Moon is trine Pluto in this figure, making an ‘easy
opposition’ of the Sun/Moon axis. What this means is that any resolutions to be had from the
eclipse will be made easier and will contribute toward a strengthening of our sense of well-being. Saturn trines Pluto as well, contributing a sense of diligence and hard work, but in a positive
sense. There will be a real feeling of inner drive with this full moon—a sense that we need to
get on with things and that we have a great capacity of endurance and fortitude to see things through. Pluto in positive aspect to a full moon, as we have here, can be revelatory in terms
of self-knowledge. There is also a sense of fearlessness with such a combination. We know
what needs to happen and we simply get on with what has to be done.

There is a very interesting geometric pattern involving the undecile series of aspects, the eleventh-harmonic aspect. The planets involved are the Moon, Mars, Jupiter and Chiron, with an additional triangle formed with Uranus thrown in for good measure and a bit of interest. The undecile aspect series is thought to impart sudden or drastic change, sudden flashes of insight, unusual events or outcomes and, most importantly, resolution of difficult circumstances—seeing the dualities in one’s self and circumstance and finding unique ways of dealing with them. This last point often happens unconsciously in the case of undeciles.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 07:40:15 am »

There is a very interesting geometric pattern involving the undecile series of aspects, the
eleventh-harmonic aspect. The planets involved are the Moon, Mars, Jupiter and Chiron,
with an additional triangle formed with Uranus thrown in for good measure and a bit of inte-
rest. The undecile aspect series is thought to impart sudden or drastic change, sudden
flashes of insight, unusual events or outcomes and, most importantly, resolution of difficult circumstances—seeing the dualities in one’s self and circumstance and finding unique ways
of dealing with them. This last point often happens unconsciously in the case of undeciles.

In addition to the subtle geometry of the undecile series, we also have what is known as a
Mystic Rectangle, involving a Mars/Pluto opposition, the Sun/Moon axis and with Mars also
completing an ‘easy opposition’ with the Sun/Moon axis. Positively expressed, this configura-
tion brings strong intuition and insight into what might ordinarily be unbearably stalemated
situations. The Mars/Pluto opposition will provide the necessary catalysts for change—
perhaps explosively, hopefully not—whereas the full moon axis provides the insight the solar
festival is meant to bring with it. We should keep in mind that any full moon period is the high
point of the month, spiritually considered. The full moon periods are when the spiritual forces
of the planet are in their deepest phases of concentration each month. Hence, we are able
to access energies and insights not normally available to us at other times. All that additional subjective energy is also why we see a marked increase in hospital admissions at those times.
Some people simply find the extra forces too difficult to handle. Release has to come in some
way.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 07:43:41 am »

Finally, the only other major planetary configuration in the full moon figure comes from the
Sun/North Node/Neptune conjunction, to end things on a happier note. The Sun and Neptune
are in the two signs most associated with humanity, service and the work of salvation—
Aquarius and Pisces. The North Node tends to bring in new circumstances and the meeting
of new people. This is a highly spiritual and psychic combination and indicates care for the
needy and the sick. We should note, too, that Neptune is at the midpoint of Chiron and the
North Node and in wide conjunctions to both of them, also indicating the healing arts and the
resolution of emotional pains. In all, my sense is that the period from now—really until mid-June—
is going to be a period wherein some old hurts are going to come forward for resolution, but
there is plenty here to indicate some especially favorable outcomes can arise from what will
be presented to us, as indicated by the stellium of the Sun, North Node, Neptune and Chiron.
And, just so we keep a level head about it all, the idealistic pairing of Mercury and Venus by conjunction is in quincunx to Saturn—a ‘Saturn clash’ by Magi astrology rules. Although the
eclipse itself is classed as a minor one in terms of magnitude, its effects upon personal, and
maybe international, relations may be more telling than we might think at first glance. Look at
what is happening around us. In Australia, for instance, the government—at long last—has said
“Sorry” to the ‘stolen generation’ of aboriginals. Healing is happening all around us. (I put ‘stolen generation’ in quotes to indicate the term, not to cast aspersions on the meaning of it.
If you live outside Australia and do not know what it means, do a search on the term. It is well-
worth a look.)

“I am the Light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the
Light of Life.” (John 8:12) Pisces distributes this “Light of the World”—the energy of the Christ
Light. The preceding quote was made at the inception of the Age of Pisces. All true faiths show
the way to that Light. It is not a Light that is bound to religion, however, nor is it the sole demonstration of any single personage. It is that Light which reveals the Light of Life itself, as
that quote from one of Jesus’ sermons states. It is a Light which each one of us carries—and will
some day fully demonstrate—as our true Essence. It ends forever the darkness of material exist-
ence and reveals the glories of the heaven realms—the realms of the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas
(Christs), devas, angels, dakas and dakinis, and hosts of deities of all description—including our-
selves. It is these realms to which Piscean experience leads us, and for which it prepares us,
for there is our true salvation. We lead others to those realms, too, by our own self-salvation
in the crucible of material life and in having to ‘live in the world, but be not of it’. Does it feel
as though a large white cross is somehow dominating your landscape? What will be presented
to us? What will our response be in the time of need? How will respond when our own needs
have to be addressed and the needs of others as well?
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 07:48:50 am »

For the longest time I have had a postcard on the bulletin board in my study at which I have
smiled many times over the past few years. On it is a picture of John Howard in stately pose,
light rays radiating out from his head, and with the members of his front bench arrayed below
him. At the bottom of the card is a caption which reads

“Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”

It is, of course, a protest and satire on the refusal of past governments, and especially the
Howard government, to say ‘that word’ to the aboriginal community in Australia. The point to
be made from this is not about politics or people, however. We most often find ourselves in
painful situations because of our own poor choices, misguided thinking or deliberate wrongful
actions, and often from events that happened long ages ago in the past.

Nature always balances itself, even in the human world. Nothing ever goes uncorrected and,
in simple human terms, that process of ‘correction’ is often most elegantly started by the utter-
ance of a simple word—

“Sorry”.

Who knows what has happened to us or because of us in the remote reaches of the Earth’s
history? Few are those who really know. The important thing is that we deal with what is in
front of us right now and make certain that whatever wrongs have been committed do not
happen again.

Actually, love does mean having to say one is sorry at times.

May whatever happens for you over the next few months, and especially this one, eventually
bring you the inner peace and happiness that we all very rightly deserve, for the natural state
of the human being is joy itself—if we could only realize it.

The day of the eclipse is also the Buddhist celebration of the Day of Miracles.

May all blessings and happiness be yours and may your merit be multiplied a hundred-million times!

Much love,

Malvin

19 Feb 2008

These letters are sent out as a gift and a service. If you would like to be added to or deleted from the mailing list, please let me know. If you feel so inspired, feel free to pass these along, but please do so without charge or alteration.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 10:27:04 am »

Friday, February 29, 2008
Obama's announcement chart

To me, the jury is still out on the void moon (the moon is said to be void after it makes the last aspect to another planet before entering the next sign), but today I received an email from a reader quoting a newsgroup post that said
"Please help me with the astrology of Obama's campaign. He announced his run on Feb 10, 2007, 10:13am CST, Springfield IL. Asc 8TAU42. Source - BBC covered the event live with a local time ticker which froze at the moment of the announcement. I was watching.

At first glance there are serious problems. A voided waning Moon in Scorpio - void in the classical and modern sense. In fact, it is very seriously void, with the next ptolemaic being a square to radix Mercury 14 degrees later.
The V/C tables that I consulted indicate that the moon was not void of course until the following day, but looking at the chart of the event it certainly does appear that the moon had made its last aspect before passing out of Scorpio.

Astrological lore instructs us not to enter into any ventures when the moon is void of course. Astroprofile, a great resource for all kinds of data, says "It is a time of the minutes or hours of chaos, disruption, nothing works right...times when we make bad decisions."

It's interesting then that Obama, with an announcement chart that includes a void of course moon, has shot from last place into a strong lead in the presidential campaign. Perhaps what the void of course moon has done, rather than doom him to a bad decision, is to offer up results that have broken all of the rules of political campaigns.

There are a surprising number of exact (1 degree orb or less) aspects between the Obama announcement chart and the US Sibley chart:

Neptune in the US chart exactly trines the Midheaven in the announcement chart, perhaps explaining the "mania" in "Obamania."

The Moon in the announcement chart exactly trines the US Mercury, suggesting that the emotional motivations of Obama's candidacy (Moon) are in harmony with what the people of the US are thinking (Mercury).
The Sun in the announcement chart makes an exact trine to the US Mars, suggesting that the essence of Obama's candidacy (Sun) has the capability to energize (Mars) the American people.

Pluto in the announcement chart makes a sextile to the Moon in the US chart that suggests that Obama will transform (Pluto) the way Americans feel about their country (Moon).
Jupiter in the announcement chart make an exact sextile to Saturn in the US chart, indicating that Obama's candidacy expands the optimism (Jupiter) of the established power structures in the country (Saturn).
Mercury in the announcement chart exactly squares Uranus in the US, explaining the way Obama's oratory (Mercury) creates a radical urge for change (Uranus).
Neptune in the announcement chart forms an exact sextile to Chiron in the US chart, identifying the mystical fervor (Neptune) that Obama's candidacy has inspired, and the hope that the nation can be healed (Chiron).
Perhaps Obama will lose, but there is no question that his candidacy has had a profound effect although not in the way that anyone could have predicted. And perhaps that is the lesson of the void of course moon!

Update 3/1: Sally McDonald, one of the web's experts in mundane astrology (I am merely a dabbler; my specialty is people rather than events), writes that the Moon in the announcement chart makes it easier for Obama's natal Saturn and Uranus to work together effectively and harmonize the structure that Saturn creates with the urge to overturn the status quo of Uranus. She adds that the the Moon and Mercury in Obama's chart, which form a sextile in the chart, both are inconjunct (30 degrees) his Venus at 1 degree Cancer which is being opposed right now by Pluto, forming a perfect Yod in his chart. The Yod is the "finger of fate" aspect that indicates an important destiny of some sort. The transit of Pluto is clarifying that destiny and bringing it into fruition.

http://astrodynamics.blogspot.com/2008/02/obamas-announcement-chart.html
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:28:27 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 10:36:26 am »

I've given a lot of thought the last 8 years to "emotions and feelings" around particularly GWB. When he announced he was running for President I felt as if someone hit me. I felt frantic and had a horrible visceral response everytime I saw him or heard him. And yet people I knew and respected believed him to be the 2nd coming. While I do absolutely believe he's been the worst president ever, and feel I was right about my assessment of what was coming, and I think it's bad, it isn't quite as bad as I thought it would be at this point.

I have not been able to ever figure out why I was so physically revolted by this man and others were not. I wondered what made my impressions more valid that someone else. I still wonder that. I don't have any of those profound emotions over these candidates, not even John McCain that I did in 2000. Oh there are little things, I cannot tolerate hearing Hillary's voice and laugh, it's grating to me as are her dirty politics as usual trick she and Bill pull, but that isn't necessarily proof to me that she would be a bad president. I don't think Obama is the great orator that he's painted, and I don't think he debates worth a darn, but that doesn't say he would be a bad president. And McCain to me is just "oh please." I will say and this will get me in a lot of trouble, I don't like Kucinich at all and never thought he would be a good president even though he's made a career out of running.

The experience argument doesn't hold water in terms of feelings or who to vote for; that would have been Dodd or Biden or Richardson. Heck it would have been Kerry in the last election.

I just wish I knew what the emotions and feelings boil down to; I don't think they boil down to who is going to be the best or worst of candidates for the Presidency. A lot of us thought GWB would be the worst and he was, but what of those good and yes, smart people who thought he would be the best? Good or bad, right or wrong, like or dislike this country gave away their power to GWB and we are in danger of doing the same thing with Clinton, Obama or McCain and the truth is we don't know if they will be good or bad for the country (although I don't think McCain would be particularly good, I think he's out of his realm)

The astrology suggests that whoever wins will be a one term president and whoever wins cannot resolve the issues this country is dealing with thanks to GWB and this war and the economy. Most countries struggle with a woman as a leader (Andrea Merkle has had her challenges in this area) so I doubt that Hillary is going to be able to bring respect for the US to this country and I think her "warrior" mindset could further damage our standing, but that might be true of anyone at this point.

I would just suggest that no matter who we support or who wins that we not give our power away whether we like or dislike them. Acknowledge our feelings without making the person good or bad and keep your objective eyes out no matter who wins.

Posted by Sally Cheyne McDonald

www.astroworld.us.com
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 10:47:16 am »

by Alex Miller-Mignone
After the ideological, puritanical excesses of John Ashcroft (he of the exposed-breast-covering of the statue of Justice), and the incompetent, vacillating “leadership” of Alberto Gonzales (the gentleman with the serious recall deficiency), avid Bush-watchers were eagerly anticipating what further horrors could be visited upon the American public in the form of George W. Bush’s third Attorney General. They have not had long to wait.

The son of Russian immigrants, Mukasey is the 81st Attorney General of the United States, and only the second person of Jewish faith to hold the office. He is a former Chief Judge of the US District Court for the Southern District of New York, where he served for 18 years. In this capacity he was involved in the trials of both Omar Abdel Rahman, whom he sentenced to life in prison for his part in a plot to blow up the United Nations building; and of Jose Padilla, the US citizen accused of terrorist activities, whom he ruled could be held as an enemy combatant, but was entitled to legal representation. His record of support for the administration was thus mixed, and his selection as a replacement for the disgraced Alberto Gonzales was at first greeted with cautious optimism and approval, until it became clear that Mukasey would not be any more forthcoming than his predecessor on the legal status of “enhanced interrogation” techniques such as waterboarding.

During his confirmation hearings in October 2007 and the follow-up inquiries, Mukasey refused to make any definitive written or oral statements on the subject of what exactly constituted torture, an illegal act under US law. When the specific issue of waterboarding was raised, Mukasey skirted it, affirming that he could not comment on the procedure’s legality until he had read and absorbed the Justice Department’s classified internal memos on the subject and its legal ramifications, which he could not do until he was confirmed as Attorney General. Following his testimony on October 16, a flurry of letters from the Senate Judiciary Committee attempted to pin down Mukasey on the issue, to no avail. Committee Chairman Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) expressed himself “deeply troubled” by Mukasey’s resistance to expressing an opinion on waterboarding in advance of his confirmation. He did, however, manage to wring a concession out of the embattled nominee to the effect that in future, any congressional or White House inquiries regarding the disposition of ongoing prosecutions be handled only by the AG or Deputy AG, and not by lesser staff, in an attempt to avoid the sorts of political interference into investigations occurring under Gonzales’ watch.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:48:55 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 10:49:55 am »

Mukasey’s nomination was passed out of committee on 6 November, by a vote of 11-9, and he received confirmation from the Senate on 8 November, 53-40. The vote margin was the tightest for any Attorney general in more than 50 years. Mukasey promised to respond to the issue of waterboarding once he had analyzed the relevant documents.

In a letter to Leahy in advance of his scheduled January 30 appearance before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Mukasey stated that he had indeed reviewed the Department of Justice’s position on torture, but that, as waterboarding was not currently being used by interrogators, he felt it “inappropriate” for him to comment on its overall legality. “I understand that you and some other members of the [Judiciary] Committee may feel that I should go further in my review, and answer questions concerning the legality of waterboarding under current law... I understand the strong interest in this question, but I do not think it would be responsible for me, as Attorney General, to provide an answer... If this were an easy question, I would not be reluctant to offer my views on this subject. But, with respect, I believe it is not an easy question. There are some circumstances where current law would appear clearly to prohibit the use of waterboarding. Other circumstances would present a far closer question.” Mukasey declined to specify just what those “other circumstances” would be.

Mukasey’s appearance before the Committee was a contentious five-hour wrangle yielding little substance. Although the AG stated that waterboarding was “repugnant” to him, and when pressed, admitted that if the technique were used upon himself, he “would feel that it was” torture, he absolutely refused to “pass definitive judgment” on whether the procedure is legal. Defensively, he trotted out the old argument that “any answer I give could have the effect of articulating publicly—and to our adversaries—the limits and contours of generally worded laws that define the limits of a highly classified interrogation program.”
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 10:50:54 am »

Mukasey further averred that he would never publicly conclude that waterboarding is torture, in part because it is not included on a list of specifically proscribed techniques. “We may not maim, we may not ****.” He also refused to confirm that the procedure had ever been used, or who may have authorized it. “I can’t speak to whether people were in fact waterboarded or if the president approved it.”

Leahy’s blistering response was clear and succinct: "Tragically, this administration has so twisted America's role, law and values that our own State Department, our military officers and, apparently, America's top law enforcement officer, are now instructed by the White House not to say that waterboarding is torture and illegal... It is not enough to say that waterboarding is not currently authorized. Torture and illegality have no place in America... The Attorney General of the United States should be able to declare that it is wrong, it is illegal, and it is beyond the pale. It has been for over a century."

The following week, on Thursday 7 February, Mukasey compounded his problem in testimony before the House Judiciary Committee, chaired by Representative John Conyers (D-MI). On the prior day, amid increasing congressional agitation for investigations into the legality of waterboarding, CIA Director Michael Hayden confirmed that the technique had been used on at least three high profile detainees by CIA interrogators, the decision to proceed with the technique having been based upon legal opinions obtained from the Justice Department. Mukasey, thus deprived of his fallback position from his Senate testimony refusing to make any such confirmation, then averred that he could not authorize any investigation into these crimes, as “[t]hat would mean that the same department that authorized the program would now consider prosecuting somebody who followed that advice.” When the subject shifted from prosecuting the interrogators to prosecuting those who authorized the techniques, Mukasey refused further comment.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 10:51:49 am »

Born 28 July 1941, Michael Mukasey has several strong galactic contacts. The Sun at 5 Leo is within the event horizon, or orb of influence, of the Black Hole at 2 Leo, which since his birth has transited to 3 Leo, exactly conjoining natal Pluto there. The Sun is also tightly squared a pair of Quasars at 4 Taurus and Scorpio, and another Black Hole at 6 Scorpio. Quasars promote success and accomplishment, and their effects can be clearly seen in Mukasey’s rise from modest roots, as the scion of a Russian Jewish émigré family, through a distinguished legal career and nearly two decades on the Federal bench, to become the nation’s chief law enforcement officer. Promotion and preferment come naturally to these individuals, who easily stand out in a crowd, and Mukasey was not only hand picked for his judicial post by Reagan in 1987, he emerged from semi-retirement in 2006 to accept Bush’s offer to head Justice.

While the Quasars have ensured high visibility and attainment, often of positions one has not actively sought, the Black Hole contacts are more problematic. In particular, Pluto allied with Black Hole energies atop the Sun forms a difficult configuration, inclining the native to secrecy, obsession, and a desire for power which can overwhelm. It is ironic that, given this placement, Mukasey refuses to define torture, though he readily sees it when applied to himself. With Pluto on the Sun and a Black Hole, he certainly has the power to illumine the situation for us, should he so choose, but prefers to preserve the secrets (Pluto) of the administration instead. The Pluto/Sun pairing is also reflective of his involvement with terrorism cases, while the Quasars indicate the high-profile quality of the Rahman and Padilla cases in particular.

Black Hole Sun also often chooses to remain behind the scenes, pulling strings and allowing others to take the rap. It is adept at creating a false persona to hide behind, misdirecting others for manipulative purposes. It is also magnetic and persuasive, drawing others into its orbit or influence with ease.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 10:52:42 am »

It is also appropriate, given his involvement with cases involving terrorism, torture and the military, that Mercury at 16 Cancer and Mars at 13 Aries are in square, forming a Galactic T-Square with the Black Hole at 13 Libra. Mars has affinities with all these areas, and Mercury represents both Mukasey’s legal decisions regarding terrorists and the status of enemy combatants, as well as his refusal to define waterboarding as torture, while in his capacity as spokesperson for the administration. Mercury/Mars is also reflective of the openly hostile, borderline scornful atmosphere of the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings. With Mercury tied to a Black Hole his decisions are unpredictable, and may reverse precedent or challenge the status quo thinking. Jupiter also ties to this pattern from 13 Gemini, exactly sextile Mars and trine the Black Hole, further inflating the situation and bringing in the environment of the Justice Department, which it rules, as well as his prior judicial positions.

From 16 Cancer Mercury is also exactly sextile the Black Hole at 16 Taurus and trine another at 17 Sagittarius, ramping up their effects. Mercury tied to Black Hole energies can be the ultimate equivocator, unable or unwilling to take a clear stand on the issue, hoping by avoidance or misdirection to move past the moment and defer commitment. Persuasive and impassioned, Black Hole Mercury can also be inordinately convinced of its own rightness and rectitude, stubborn in its opinion but willing to take up any argument to support it, even ones in conflict. The mind is retentive, but less than honest with itself and others, and may reject inconvenient facts out of hand.

Saturn and Uranus conjoin at 26 and 29 Taurus, straddling a Maser at 27 Taurus and in square to a Black Hole at 27 Aquarius. This is a strange combination of conservative and progressive viewpoints, and with the Maser energy, suggests a disruptive, volatile or controversial aspect to the career or work life. This is borne out by the types of cases he attracted as a judge, and now his enigmatic stance on waterboarding. Unpredictable and erratic, there is too much of the rebel in Mukasey to completely conform to expectations. If his tenure at Justice were to be longer, it is quite possible that Bush would come to regret his choice, as Mukasey is at best an unstable and uncommitted ally of the establishment.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 10:53:46 am »

The Black Hole square to Saturn also suggests a certain rabbit-out-of-a-hat quality to Mukasey’s career path, as can in fact be intuited from his sudden advancement to the federal bench by Reagan, and Bush plucking him from relative obscurity after Mukasey retired from this post, elevating him as the highest legal officer in the land. Asteroid Pandora aligns with this pair from 0 Gemini, a possible indicator that Mukasey may yet be influential in opening or illuminating some point of controversy for the administration, if perhaps after leaving office, or responsible for unleashing some horrors or misfortunes on the populace at large.

Mukasey’s Senate Judiciary Committee appearances, both the October 16 confirmation hearing and the recent January 30 testimony, occurred within days of Mercury’s retrograde stations, indicating going back into previously unresolved matters. Both also show the planet of communication linked with Black Holes and Pulsars (Mercury at 8 Scorpio in October, conjunct the Black Hole at 7 Scorpio and squared the Pulsar at 9 Aquarius; and at 23 Aquarius in January, squared the Black Hole at 24 Taurus and sextile the Pulsar at 24 Sagittarius, trine another at 23 Gemini), indicating deceptive or impenetrable thinking or responses (Black Hole), and noted or newsworthy events (Pulsar). The Sun both dates was also linked with Black Holes and Pulsars, in October from 22 Libra it opposed the Black Hole at 24 Aries and trined the Pulsar at 23 Gemini, sextile another at 24 Sagittarius, while in January from 9 Aquarius it exactly conjoined a Pulsar and exactly opposed the Black Hole at 9 Leo. Sun/Black Hole days often reveal dramatic, startling developments, and can also signal obfuscation or misdirection.

When Mukasey appeared before the House Judiciary Committee on February 7, the Sun and Mercury were conjoined at 17 Aquarius, atop the 16 Aquarius Pulsar and square the Black Hole at 16 Taurus, once again combining these four crucial elements that have had such an influence on this aspect of his tenure at Justice. As the clock runs out on his administration, George W. Bush seems to have found yet another sterling example of honesty and integrity to inflict upon the American people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex Miller-Mignone is a professional writer and astrologer, author of The Black Hole Book and The Urban Wicca, former editor of "The Galactic Calendar," and past president of The Philadelphia Astrological Society.

His pioneering work with Black Holes in astrological interpretation began in 1991, when his progressed Sun unwittingly fell into one. Alex can be reached for comment or services at

Alixilamirorim@aol.com.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 10:56:04 am »

by Jessica Murray

The Winter Solstice

It is winter now in the Northern hemisphere. The weather is growing cold, the beasts of the forest have withdrawn into their hibernation dens, and America is cranking itself into high gear for the ritual of choosing a president.

The Solstice occurs on December 21. This is the annual crossroads at which Sagittarius meets Capricorn, the sign ruled by Saturn; a planet that at its best bestows a kind of dry, cool wisdom.

Crossroads have been renowned since the beginning of time as the best place to cop a perspective. Many cultures tell stories of mythic figures receiving revelations at a crossroads. Robert Johnson, the great guitarist, was said to have received his musical genius at the dusty intersection of two country paths. Pagan priestesses do their incantations at crossroads for an extra boost of power. Astrologers look for inspiration not at crossroads of Space but of Time, such as those marked in Celtic folklore by the sabbats of the Wheel of the Year. The Solstice is one of these.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:57:39 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 10:58:35 am »

Revelations at the crossroads

We have made the subject of this column The Big Picture, presenting astrology as a coded language that can reveal to us what the Universe wants us to understand about these creative, destructive, inspiring times. It is this kind of revelation that many of us will open ourselves to at the crossroads of the Solstice.

We have proposed that each planet speaks to us through its particular placement in our individual charts. Each has time-specific lessons to teach and soul-liberating stories to tell.  When we listen to these messages and commit to them, we become increasingly able to express ourselves more authentically. This in turn allows us to respond to the external world more authentically.

The leap of faith that must be taken here—and it’s not that everyone will or should take it; but let’s face it: astrology doesn’t make much sense unless you do—is that our souls made an agreement to Be Here Now, and that our natal charts are the record of that agreement. Planetary crossroads can jolt us back into the memory of that agreement.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 10:59:23 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 10:59:52 am »

Being Here Now

The Now this column uses as its reference point is the first couple of decades of the new millennium. The Here we are singling out for attention is the good ol’ USA. It is often forgotten (at least, by those who live here) that this country is a newbie as far as world civilizations go. Nonetheless, at this particular point in human evolution it has fallen to America to be the flailing giant with the biggest stick—with all the other peoples of the world forced to go along for the ride (England), pretend to make nice (the rest of Europe), fight for their lives (Iraq, Iran, Haiti, Lebanon, etc.), or scurry to get out of the way.

In our last couple of columns we considered Mercury, the planet of dispassionate curiosity. We suggested that if Americans started using their Mercuries responsibly, they would observe their culture and the rest of the world in a spirit of detached inquiry.  We proposed that this approach would utterly transform the stultified yet strangely manic mental atmosphere of American culture.  We argued that if Americans were to deploy their inborn intelligences as the Goddess intended, they would hunger for clean information; they would watch their government’s machinations like a hawk, and they would track even the most discouraging global issues with an attitude of independence and logical thinking—a scenario that would make Karl Rove, the Fortune 500 CEOs and Fox News all quake in their Guccis.

Let us continue looking at the planets; not with the intention of defining them as facets of the individual personality so much as mining them for clues as to how to take the pulse of this world moment. For only then will we find our role.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: