Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 02:47:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ARTICLES FROM CURRENT ASTROLOGERS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARTICLES FROM CURRENT ASTROLOGERS  (Read 4353 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2008, 02:26:31 pm »

June 30, 2008

Last week I re-visited the relationship of the Saturn-Pluto cycle with regard to taxes, federal deficits, and general economic conditions. I attempted to relate this cycle in terms of the platform of one of the candidates for this year’s USA presidential election, Barack Obama.

Basically, the Saturn-Pluto cycle goes like this: economic conditions are in their up cycle from the 18-year period of conjunction to opposition. Federal deficits go down, taxes go down interest rates go down, and the economy expands. People can invest monies into equities, for this is the period to encourage “capital appreciation.” This phase was last in force 1982-2001. But then the cycle reverses for the 18 years from the opposition to conjunction. Federal deficits increase, taxes go up, interest rates go up, prices (commodities) go up, and the economy starts to stagnate. This is the time to “preserve capital.” This phase is now in effect 2001-2020.

So far, this down phase has only been partly realized. Federal deficits (in the USA) have gone up, but taxes and interest rates have not. They have remained low. In terms of Financial Astrology, this may be due to the fact that Saturn is still in its up cycle, approaching its 45-year opposition to Uranus. So even though Saturn-Pluto is in the downside of its cycle, Saturn-Uranus is still approaching its peak before beginning the downside of its cycle. And the fact that neither interest rates nor taxes have gone up may account for the long period of stock market and economic gains from October 2002 through October 2007.

But that very period of prosperity is now threatened as another part of the historical equation – commodity prices – have soared, causing inflation to also soar throughout the world. It is just a matter of time now before interest rates start rising. In fact, it has already started in many countries.

I also pointed out that of the two candidates running for U.S. president, Barack Obama could win because he fits the part of the cycle that correlates with rising taxes. His platform is to raise the income tax of the top 2% of tax payers.

I pointed out that there were many studies that show a correlation between rising taxes and a
faltering economy.

Space does not permit me to cover any of those studies this week, but I may in future columns, because they are plentiful. But let me give you just one simple example here in Michigan. Unfortunately, I did not save the source of my data. But here in Michigan both income and business taxes have increased substantially recently, all under the well-intentioned belief that if taxes increased, more monies would be available for a future that Michigan needed to “invest” in.

The result of these higher taxes?

Unemployment has jumped to 8.5%, from well below 6% just a few months ago.

330,000 people have moved out of the state, looking for new jobs, and the gross revenue intake from the higher taxes is now less than before. Fewer people paid these taxes, and of those who did, many paid from lower wages. This example represents a similar conclusion of the many studies I referred to previously.

Now, I like many aspects of both Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain’s platforms, and I am critical of aspects of each. I am neither Democrat nor Republican. But it is my duty, as a Financial and Mundane Astrologer, to show a connection to any candidate’s platform when it relates to a major astrological cycle.

The idea of raising taxes plays right into the waning phase of the Saturn-Pluto cycle.

And the relationship between raising taxes, followed by a weakening of the economy, can also be historically correlated with this Saturn-Pluto cycle.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to also understand that raising taxes in a recession has a heightened risk of disastrous consequences, and that too plays into the history of the forthcoming geocosmic signatures.

Within 18 months of August 1, 2010, there will be a very rare cardinal T-square formation between Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto.

The last time it happened was in 1930-1931.

That was an economically disastrous time. I don’t think there is much doubt right now that a similar economic disaster is possible in the next 2-3 years. I was hopeful that the favorable lesser signatures
in effect prior to this November would kick in and push stock indices and economic data higher before these major signatures grab hold.

But after last week’s equity performance, it appears that I miscalculated the power of those lesser signatures. The heavier aspects coming up later this year are already having an influence on the economy and financial markets.

In my way of looking at things, the only hope now to prevent these long-term cycles from unfolding
lies in the choices that world leaders make regarding the issues that are common in those cyclical downturns. That is, reduce the escalating federal deficits in order to keep interest rates low, fight inflation now rather than later, and by all means, do not raise taxes for anybody until we come out
of this downturn.

Transiting Saturn will soon move into its waning square aspect to Pluto (the halfway point of the opposition to conjunction phase). That would be the time taxes would most likely increase, unless leaders choose otherwise.

That aspect takes place three times from November 15, 2009 through August 21, 2010.

Wouldn’t you think that after five years of war in Iraq, and a Presidential candidate who appeals to the hopes of people everywhere with a promise to bring the troops home and end that war – thus saving billions of dollars in spending – that we could have the benefit of “peace dividend” instead of a “peace tax?” And thereby counteract the forces of these long-term cycles that are on the verge of unfolding?   

Astrology offers one the ability to plan wisely, and the ability to plan is a gift from God.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: