Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:38:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Georgeous Bashing

Poll
Question: Should we delete the locked thread?
yes - 2 (16.7%)
no - 10 (83.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Georgeous Bashing  (Read 1538 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 09:21:39 pm »

I personally was not around AR long enough to meet Georgeous D.M.  I left
AR in disgust - but that's another story.

My personal complaint was the ATROCIOUS Italian translation on one of his websites.

I guess you people must be right, as I just 'ran into' this:

Atlantis in Spain?

2004 has seen numerous "Atlantis Found!" headlines telling us that Atlantis was "definitely" in southern Spain, especially near Cadiz. Various reports and disputes have filled internet sites and sensationalized news reports. The "Atlantis was Spain" proponents have a rather bitter verbal war going on, seemingly fueled by Georgeos Díaz-Montexano and a mystery person who calls him- or herself Maria Fdez Valmayor. Most of the accusations being made are that all the other people who claim Atlantis is in Spain have somehow plagarized Georgeos Díaz-Montexano, stolen his idea, and that his translation of Plato is the only accurate one that has ever been done. Montexano also apparently claims that he was first with the idea and he "found" Atlantis on satellite images and on expeditions. Most of the verbal tirades were first written in Spanish and then a primitive language translator was used to convert the Spanish to English. The result is a bizarre, often nonsensical mishmash of accusations and name-calling that is hard to follow. The messages tend to be long and are often indecipherable. It is hard to understand why so many of those who reply to these messages do so, especially since nearly all of them are called Facists, liars, racist, hateful, etc. The large majority of these internet postings have been on the Atlantis Rising message board, but Montexano has also posted numerous websites with the same material (using the ubiquitous free hosting networks with unending popup ads). UPDATE: In late August, about a week after this article was posted, the Atlantis Rising message board with the running controversy was shut down by the website's administrator and further postings from "Maria" and her "supporters" were blocked. The person who calls him- or herself Maria Fdez Valmayor has also posted on a Yahoo group (Halls-of-Atlantis) and on Graham Hancock's site. While some postings on the Atlantis Rising message board have blatently suggested that Maria Fdez Valmayor and Georgeos Díaz-Montexano are one-and-the-same, and one person found that other messages supporting Georgeos Díaz-Montexano came from the same internet IP address used by Maria and Georgeos, most of those who replied to "Maria" seem to ignore it. Interestingly, while several messages on the Yahoo group are signed by the acidic "Maria," the Yahoo email address actually gives Georgeos Díaz-Montexano as the author. Maria is supposedly the secretary of Montexano's organization, but what this organization actually is—is unclear. The many links created by "Maria" and others to the free sites appear to give the impression that the organization gives tours, provides educational opportunities, and a host of other professional items, but all the websites remain under construction, so only the main page, with popups, is accessible.

Perhaps the most interesting information that has emerged from this comes from what purport to be the actual expeditions to the underwater coastal areas of Spain and Gibraltar. Photos have been taken of large metal connectors and stone, but most of the metal "artifacts" appear to be modern remains of dumping. The stones are interesting, but their context and use is not known. Montexano has made use of these photos on several websites, but others are credited as taking the photos. The photos can be accessed at a peculiar website here. Note that you have to scroll through many pages of tedious, extremely poorly translated text and all of the websites with material from Montexano have numerous popup ads.

For those who are interested, a photo of the "Parisian Marble" text Montexano claims has the story of the war between Atlantis and Athens is shown on a website. Interestingly, the translation doesn't mention Atlantis at all.

http://www.mysterious-america.net/atlantisinsider.html

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:23:55 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Mark of Australia

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 12:32:06 pm »

Hi B ,

Well if his Italian translations were anything like his English translations then it was almost unreadable I'm sure. Roll Eyes  It hurts my eyes to read his stuff.

I will say one thing thing that I might get into a little trouble for ... I notice 'some' non-English speakers have a sort of inferiority complex when it comes to the 'English speaking Western World' ,especially if they are trying to get recognition in the 'West' or think themselves the best in the world at whatever is there chosen endeavour.  I would say George is a classic example. 

I think they maybe resent having to learn a language (English) for the purpose of merely telling us how wrong we all are and how right they are.

It can lead to some really ugly 'exchanges' ,Again ,the George saga is a text book case  Tongue

P.S.  And of course the thread should NOT be deleted .No thread should ever be deleted in my opinion.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:34:24 pm by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 12:38:35 pm »

The reason he posts on an English discussion group is because hardly anyone participates in his own Spanish discussion group.  After this was pointed out by a member of AR he started requiring registration to even look at the discussion.  This speaks volumes, wouldn't you say?
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 12:40:52 pm »

I'll have to agree with ALL that, Mark!

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 12:47:49 pm »

H U B R I S   and  C H U Z P A H !!!

They don't realize how ridiculous and transparent THEY really are and most people (Americans)
are too polite to really let them have it back in kind.

Certainly shows me, a foreigner, who has the better breeding......

Report Spam   Logged

Mark of Australia

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 01:32:21 pm »

Hi Tom ,Bianca ,

Yeah I did notice on his very user-unfriendly site that his forum has something like 7 participants.
Report Spam   Logged
nikas
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 03:12:42 pm »

Hi guys,
That post was actually opened by me and I open a few more about other atlantologists, including Sarmast and myself.  Grin

With all do respect, I don’t see the need for that post to be deleted. I am even for reopening and let anyone state their opinion.

Anyway, I wanted to add something to what Qoais said. I have study it George’s case for few years now and I have come to the conclusion that George is tired of all of this. He is at a point of no return. Imagine; he must have told everyone about his work and probably people must have made fun of him. I understand that his lack of English makes things worst but that is not the reason for him to attack people.
Qoais stated that he is a self studied person…hmmm I don’t really think so. First of all, His work is very unorganized. I haven’t seen, to date, a full report, an essay or a research paper by him where his entire theory is laid down for others to see, regardless if people agree or disagree. He goes around and tries to advertise himself in a very bad way. It’s kind of sloppy.
In my opinion, he should chill down and organize his work and his site. He should have one site, even a cheap or one of those free sites. Put his work down, nice and neat, but his most important job should be self control. George has to learn how to control himself. Let’s say that we’re wrong and he is right. Let’s say that I insulted him first and I am out there to get him. We’re on line here there is no reason for him to jump up and down. I haven’t seen a post by him where he could ask someone to calm down. Or at least to demand respect toward him.
I meant no harm to him or his persona, ever, I disagree with his theory but that doesn’t mean I hate him or think less oh George because of his lack of English. I offered George to come to this site and put all the past behind us, as long as he behaves and the respect is mutual. He has the right, as everyone else, to argue and state his mind, nevertheless, no personal attacks and not retaliation to all of those that disagree with him.
Anyway, to sum up I kind of feel sorry for him; he must have spent a lot of time. If I am not mistaken over 10 years and he must be in a state of disappointment. I would really love to argue his case on this site in a civilized manner. I believe that by not participating George is loosing a lot of feedback
NIKAS

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: