Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 09:00:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Werewolves in the Movies

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Werewolves in the Movies  (Read 5098 times)
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 01:17:54 am »

A still from a nightmare sequence in the film.

John Landis came up with the story while he worked in Yugoslavia as a production assistant on the film Kelly's Heroes. He and a Yugoslavian member of the crew were driving in the back of a car on location when they came across a group of gypsies. The gypsies appeared to be performing rituals on a man being buried so that he would not "rise from the grave". This made Landis realize that he could never be able to confront the undead and gave him the idea for a film in which a man of his own age would go through such a thing.

John Landis wrote the first draft of An American Werewolf in London in 1969. Two years later, Landis wrote, directed and starred in his debut film, Schlock!, which developed a cult following. Landis developed box-office status in Hollywood through the successful comedy films Kentucky Fried Movie, National Lampoon's Animal House and The Blues Brothers before securing $10 million financing for his werewolf film. Financers believed that Landis' script was too frightening to be a comedy and too funny to be a horror film.

Michael Jackson cites this film as his reason for working with Landis on his subsequent music videos, including Thriller and Black or White. [citation needed]

In-jokes

The film was produced by Lycanthrope Productions, a lycanthrope being a person with the power to turn themself into a wolf.
The film's ironically upbeat songs all refer in some way to the moon such as: Bobby Vinton's slow and soothing version of "Blue Moon", which plays during the opening credits, Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Bad Moon Rising" as David is nearing the moment of changing to the werewolf, a soft, bittersweet ballad version of Blue Moon by Sam Cooke during the agonizing wolf transformation and The Marcels' doo-wop version of Blue Moon over the end credits. Landis failed to get permission to use Cat Stevens's "Moonshadow" and Bob Dylan's "Moonshiner", both artists feeling the film to be inappropriate. It was stated on the DVD commentary by David Naughton and Griffin Dunne that they were not sure why Landis could not get the rights to Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" - a song that would have been more appropriate for the film (perhaps Landis dismissed the song on the grounds that it didn't have the word "moon" in the title).
Landis' signature in-joke of the fictitious film "See You Next Wednesday" can be seen when the werewolf runs rampant in Piccadilly Circus, playing at the **** cinema and as a poster in the London Underground train station where Gerald Bringsley is attacked by the werewolf.
References to the film have appeared in many of Landis' other films and most notably in Michael Jackson's - Thriller as the sounds of Jackson transforming into a werewolf are from the film. Later, when Jackson is watching the horror movie and the girl leaves scared, the two off screen voices from the movie say "Something is scrawled in blood." "What's it say?" "See you next Wednesday."
In the subway, an ad for Airplane! can be seen. This is a most likely a nod to Airplane! direectors/co-writer David Zucker, Jim Abrahams and Jerry Zucker whom also wrote John Landis' second film Kentucky Fried Movie.
Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2007, 01:19:24 am »

In the Piccadilly Circus sequence, the man hit by a car and thrown through a store window, is Landis himself.

As in most of the director's movies, Frank Oz makes an appearance: first as Mr Collins from the American embassy in the hospital scene, and later as Miss Piggy in a dream sequence, when David's younger siblings watch a scene from The Muppet Show that was never shown in the United States.

Actors in bit parts who were already - or would become - more well-known include the two chess players David and Jack meet in the pub, played by the familiar character actor Brian Glover and rising comedian and actor Rik Mayall. They appeared together again in 1991 in the episode "Gas" of Mayall's Bottom TV comedy series.

"Nurse Gallagher" was played by Anne-Marie Davies who had had a few bit parts in TV shows and did some modeling and was also a waitress at Tutton's Braserie in London. "Naughty Nina" was played by Nina Carter, Page Three girl, aspiring singer, and future wife of Rick Wakeman. Appearing in See You Next Wednesday was Linzi Drew, glamour model, **** actress, and occasional Penthouse editor.

One of the policemen helping to chase and kill the werewolf is John Altman, who would later achieve fame as "Nasty" Nick Cotton in EastEnders.

Michael Carter, who plays subway victim Gerald Bringsley, would later play Bib Fortuna in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983).

Alan Ford, who plays the taxi driver who takes Alex and David to see Dr. Hirsch the morning after David's first night as a werewolf, would later play the ruthless crime boss, "Brick Top" in Guy Ritchie's film "Snatch".

Locations

The opening shots of the moors are near Hay Bluff, a mountain that straddles the Welsh border in Brecon Beacons National Park. The scenes were shot on the Welsh side of Hay Bluff, about four miles to the south of the town of Hay-on-Wye in the county of Powys. The scene where David and Jack get dropped off by the sheep farmer is by the stone circle, the same location where, later in the film, Dr Hirsch stops and looks at the sign for East Proctor. The same road provides the scenery for the next two shots, where David and Jack talk about Debbie Klein.

East Proctor is a small hamlet ten miles to the west of Hay Bluff called Crickadarn. It is featured from the shot where David and Jack walk down a hill towards East Proctor. The exterior of the 'Slaughtered Lamb' was a private house in Crickadarn dressed to look like a pub and the 'The Angel of Death' statue in the village was a prop created by the movie makers. The church next door is also still frequented, however the upper levels have now fallen into disrepair.

The interior of the 'Slaughtered Lamb' was filmed in a pub called The Black Swan, Effingham, near Leatherhead, Surrey. The bar was used but a false wall was built to make the pub look smaller.

Alex's flat is on Lupus Street in Pimlico (Lupus is the Latin for wolf). * This is incorrect, Alex's flat is located on Coleherne Road, just off Redcliffe Square near Earl's Court*

The attack at the tube station was set in — and filmed at — Tottenham Court Road tube station.

The final sequence in the alleyway was filmed at Clink Street, London. The location is now almost unrecognisable, the area having been redeveloped since.

The scenes where David wakes up naked in the zoo were shot at London Zoo, Regent's Park.

Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2007, 01:22:41 am »

Dialogue

David Kessler
[to Dr. Hirsch] Doctor, my memory is fine! It's my sanity I'm beginning to worry about.
[to himself, as he realizes he is locked out of Alex's flat] An American werewolf was found frozen to death today in the heart of London, England.
I'm sorry I called you a meat loaf, Jack.
[trying to get arrested in Trafalgar Square] Queen Elizabeth is a man! Prince Charles is a ****! Winston Churchill was full of ****! Shakespeare's French! ****! ****! ****!
[calling home] Hello? Rachel? Just say yes, you'll accept the charges. Just say yes, Rachel. Is Mom or Dad home? Where are they? Where's Max? You're all alone? Mom and Dad would never leave me alone when I was ten. No, not ten and a half, either. I'm still in London. I'm all better. Look, would you tell Mom and Dad that I love them? I don't care, Rachel, just do it for me. Okay? Good. And, Rachel, don't fight with Max. Well, try. Look, kid, please don't forget to tell Mom and Dad I love them. I love Max and you, too. Well, I do. No, I'm not being weird, you little creep. You promise? Okay. Be a good girl. I love you. Bye.
[referring to the occult sign on the tavern wall] Remember the Alamo.

[edit] Dr. Hirsch
[to David] You've suffered some rather severe cuts and bruises, lost a bit of blood, but nothing too serious; black and blue for a while. You'll have some dueling scars to boast of. That lunatic must have been a very fierce fellow. They say a mad man has the strength of ten.
[to Alex] Oh dear girl, your extracurricular activities are of no consequence to me. I don't give a damn who you sleep with. I'm concerned about David.

[edit] Others
Man: Beware the moon, lads!
Little boy: A naked American man stole my balloons.

[edit] Dialogue
Truck driver: Here, lads, East Proctor and all about are the moors. I go east here.
Jack: Yes, well thank you very much for the ride, sir. You have lovely sheep.
Truck driver: Boys, keep off the moors. Stay on the road. Good luck to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[recalling what the driver told them]
David: Keep off the moors.
Jack: And stay on the road.
[they look down to see that they have wandered off the road]
David: Woops.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack: Do you think she'll meet me in Rome?
David: I think Debbie Klein is a mediocre person with a good body.
Jack: Debbie is not mediocre and she has one of the great bodies of all time.
David: She's a jerk.
Jack: You're talking about the woman I love.
David: I'm talking about a girl you want to ****, so give me a break.
Jack: Well, anyway, do you think she'll be there?
David: I don't know.
Jack: [like an announcer] Rendezvous in Rome starring Jack Goodman and Debbie Klein. The love affair that shocked Europe! See torrid lovemaking at its most explicit! See Jack and Debbie expose their lust in the sacred halls of the Vatican! Never has the screen dared....
David: If you don't stop, I'm going to kill you.
Jack: I have to make love to her. It's very simple. She has no choice really.
David: It just fascinates me that you can spend so much energy on someone so dull.
Jack: There is nothing dull about that body.
David: We've known Debbie what, since the eighth grade? How many years of foreplay is that?
Jack: She says she "likes me too much".
[David laughs]

Jack: The Slaughtered Lamb?
David: Of course, The Slaughtered Lamb. Why else would they have a severed fox head on a spear as their symbol?
Jack: That's a wolf's head.
David: Of course, The Slaughtered Lamb. Why else would they have a severed wolf's head on a spear as their symbol?
Jack: That's not a spear. It's a pike.
David: A severed wolf's head on a pike as their symbol.
Jack: David, before we go in there I want you to know that - no matter what happens to us - it's your fault.
David: I assume full responsibility.
Jack: Okay.
David: Shall we?

Jack: [as it begins to rain] Say, David....
David: I'm well aware of how pleasant the weather is in Rome at the present time thank you.

Dr. Hirsch: Did you get a good look at the man who attacked you?
David: I've told you, it wasn't a man. It was an animal. A big wolf or something. A rabid dog.
Dr. Hirsch: Yes.
David: Look, Dr. Hirsch, I know I've been traumatized, but Jack was torn apart. I saw him. A man can't do that to someone with his bare hands.
Dr. Hirsch: You'd be surprised what horrors a man is capable of.
David: Did you see Jack?
Dr. Hirsch: No. In fact, your wounds were cleaned and dressed before you arrived here.
David: Did you talk to the police in East Proctor? Did the cops go to The Slaughtered Lamb?
Dr. Hirsch: I really don't know.
David: Then why the hell are you so quick to disbelieve me? You yourself said it must have taken incredible strength to tear apart a person like that.
Dr. Hirsch: David, please. The police are satisfied. I'm certain that if a monster were out roaming northern England we'd have seen it on the telly.
David: You really think I'm crazy, don't you?
Dr. Hirsch: Believe me. The Hound of the Baskervilles was an invention of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's. And if you'd read the bloody book, you'd find that Holmes discovered your house of hell a fraud, a fake. [pause] Now really, David. You're far too intelligent to go on this way. When you return to America I want you to seek out a competent psychiatrist or psychologist or something and stop this nonsense. You'll be leaving this hospital in three or four days, please remain sane. At least until you are no longer our responsibility.

David: I keep having these really terrible dreams. They are getting worse and I can't seem to stop them.
Alex: David, your dreams will stop. You'll leave England and your bad memories; and then this will all fade away.
David: Will you come with me?
Alex: What?
David: [smiling] I'm serious. You don't know me and I know nothing about you. We have a perfect relationship.
Alex: Now, David, I said I would keep you company, but I meant right here and now.
David: Will you think about it?
Alex: How did we get from your ba dreams to my taking a holiday with a patient?
David: [smiles] Not just a patient -- me.
Alex: You're being awfully forward, aren't you?
David: Forgive me, I'm trying to cheer myself up and an affair with a beautiful nurse seemed like just the thing to do it.
Alex: [smiles] All I am to you is a sex fantasy then?
David: Now I'm embarrassed.
Alex: Good. I thought for a moment I was the only embarrassed one in the room.

Jack: David, now I know this may be hard for you, but I have to warn you.
David: Warn me? Will you get out of here, you meat loaf?
Jack: I'm a grisly sight, it's true; but I love you and that's why I'm here. You've got to know.
David: If you love me so much, Jack you'll realize how disconcerting it is to share one's breakfast with the living dead!
Jack: We were attacked by a werewolf.
David: I'm not listening! [covers ears]
Jack: On the moors, we were attacked by a lycanthrope, a werewolf.
David: Shut up, you zombie!
Jack: I was murdered, an unnatural death, and now I walk the earth in limbo until the werewolf's curse is lifted.
David: What's wrong with you? Shut up!
Jack: The wolf's bloodline must be severed; the last remaining werewolf must be destroyed.
David: Will you be quiet?!
Jack: It's you David.
David: What?!
Jack: You survived and now you shall continue the curse.
David: What are you talking about? I won't accept this! Get out! Goddamnit!
Jack: Remember what that guy at The Slaughtered Lamb said? `Beware the moon.'
David: Stop it, Jack.
Jack: Beware the moon. The full moon, David. You've got two days.
David: Jack, please go away. Please go away.
Jack: You'll stalk the streets of London a creature of the night.
David: You're talking like Boris Karloff! It's movie dialogue!
Jack: David, please believe me. You will kill people, David. You've got to stop the bloodshed before it begins.
David: Nurse!
Jack: Listen to me! Take your own life, David. It's our only chance.
David: Nurse!
Jack: The supernatural! The powers of darkness! It's all true. Take your own life! Suicide, David. Join me.
David: Nurse! Oh God! Alex!
Jack: It's cold, David, and I'm so alone. The undead surround me. Have you ever talked to a corpse? It's boring! I'm lonely! Kill yourself, David, before you kill others...Beware the moon, David.

David: I'm a werewolf.
Alex: A werewolf? [She holds him until he calms] Are you better now?
David: I'll let you know the next full moon.

David: What are you doing here?
Jack: I wanted to see you.
David: Okay, you've seen me. Now go away.
Jack: David, I'm sorry I upset you yesterday, but you must understand what is going on.
David: I understand all right. You're one of the undead and I'm a werewolf.
Jack: Yes.
David: Get out of here, Jack!
Jack: David, tomorrow night is the full moon. You'll change, you'll become....
David: A monster. I know, I know.
Jack: You must take your own life now, David, before it's too late.
David: Jack, are you really dead?
Jack: What do you think?
David: I think I've lost my mind. I think you're not real. I think I'm asleep and you're a part of another bad dream.
Jack: You must believe me.
David: What, Jack? That tomorrow night beneath the full moon I'll sprout hair and fangs and eat people? bulls**t!
Jack: The canines will be real. You'll taste real blood! Goddamnit, David, please believe me! You'll kill and make others like me! I'm not having a nice time, David! Don't allow this to happen again! You must take your own life!
David: I will not accept this! Now go away!
Jack: This is not pretend, David.
David: I will not be threatened by a walking meat loaf!

Dr. Hirsch: Alex, has David persisted in his werewolf fantasies?
Alex: Well, yes, but he seems to be more upset by the death of his friend.
Dr. Hirsch: Has his friend appeared to him again?
Alex: Yes.
Dr. Hirsch: What did he say?
Alex: David says Jack comes to warn him.
Dr. Hirsch: Warn him? [He frowns]
Alex: Dr. Hirsch, what's wrong? Is this more serious than I know?
Dr. Hirsch: I tried to investigate the attack. There are no records. The case was closed and now they've `misplaced' the file. David's lacerations were cleaned and dressed when he arrived here and yet supposedly no doctor examined him before I did. The Goodman boy is already in the ground, so he's no good to us. So I went to the pub in East Proctor where I was convinced of two things.
Alex: Yes?
Dr. Hirsch: They were lying. There were no witnesses, no escaped lunatic. The whole community is hiding the truth of what actually happened up there.
Alex: And what else?
Dr. Hirsch: I think the village of East Proctor is hiding some dark and terrible secret. I'm convinced that, like David, they believe in this werewolf. You've absolutely no idea where David might be?
Alex: No. He knows no one in London, besides me. I shouldn't have left him alone. Surely you're not suggesting....
Dr. Hirsch: David has suffered a severe trauma. I myself witnessed some form of mass neurosis in East Proctor. If all the villagers believe that Jack Goodman was killed by a werewolf, why shouldn't David? And then it follows that if he survived an attack by a werewolf, wouldn't he himself become a werewolf the next full moon?
Alex: Dr. Hirsch?
Dr. Hirsch: Oh, I don't mean running about on all fours and howling at the moon. But in such a deranged state he could harm himself, or perhaps others.
Alex: What shall we do?
Dr. Hirsch: Let's call the police and see if they can help us find our wandering boy.

David: Alex, I've lost my mind. I woke up at the zoo! But you know what? I feel terrific!
Alex: The zoo?
David: Waking up at the zoo, that's not so insane. Having clothes on? That's insane. What did I do last night, Alex?
Alex: Don't you remember?
David: I said goodbye to you. I was locked out of the flat. I climbed the wall and came in through the bathroom window. I started to read and then I was naked at the zoo! I guess I am out of my **** mind.

Cab driver: It's like the days of the Mad Barber of Fleet Street, isn't it?
Alex: I beg your pardon?
Cab driver: The murders.
David: What murders?
Cab driver: Last night. Haven't you heard? Six people in different parts of the city mutilated. A real maniac this one.
David: Pull over.

Alex: David, what are you doing?
David: Six people mutilated? It had to be me, Alex.
Alex: David, stop!
David: I am going to the cops. There's a full moon tonight. Jack was right. I....
Alex: Jack is dead!
David: Jack is dead. Look, six people have been killed. I'm going to the police.
Alex: David, please be rational. Let's go to Dr. Hirsch.
David: Rational!?! I'm a **** werewolf, for Christ's sake!

David: What can I say, Jack?
Jack: You don't have to say anything.
David: Aren't you going to say, "I told you so"?
Jack: If I was still alive, I probably would.

Jack: I want you to meet some people. David Kessler, this is Gerald Bringsly.
David: Hello.
Jack: Gerald is the man you murdered in the subway. We thought it best you didn't see him as he's a fresh kill and still pretty messy.
Bringsly: [in shadow] Yes, I do look most unpleasant.
David: Why are you doing this to me, Jack?
Bringsly: This isn't Mr. Goodman's idea. He is your good friend, whereas I am a victim of your carnivorous lunar activities.
David: Mr. Bringsly, I'm sorry. I have absolutely no idea what to say to you.
Bringsly: You've left my wife a widow and my children fatherless. And I understand that I am to walk the earth one of the living dead until the wolf's bloodline is severed and the curse lifted. You must die, David Kessler.
Jack: David, this is Harry Berman and his fiancee Judith Browns. And these gentlemen are Alf, Ted, and Joseph.
Ted: Can't say we're pleased to meet you, Mr. Kessler.
David: What shall I do?
Jack: Suicide.
Harry: You must take your own life!
David: That's easy for you to say - you're already dead.
Bringsly: No, David. Harry and I and everyone you murder are not dead. The undead.
David: Why are you doing this to me?
Jack: Because this must be stopped.
David: How shall I do it?
Judith: Sleeping pills?
Alf: Not sure enough.
David: I could hang myself.
Jack: If you did it wrong, it would be painful. You'd choke to death.
Joseph: So what? Let `im choke.
Jack: Do you mind? The man's a friend of mine.
Joseph: Well he ain't no friend of mine.
Bringsly: Gentlemen, please.
Harry: A gun.
Alf: I know where he can get a gun.
David: Don't I need a silver bullet or something?
Jack: Be serious, would you?
David: Madness. I've gone totally mad.
Harry: A gun is good.
Judith: You just put the gun to your forehead and pull the trigger.
Bringsly: If you put it in your mouth, then you'd be sure not to miss.
David: Thank you, you're all so thoughtful.
Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2007, 01:33:57 am »

Werewolf was an American action-adventure television series, and one of the original shows in the Fox Network's broadcast line-up during its inaugural season of 1987-1988.

The show follows the adventures of Eric Cord, a reluctant werewolf on a quest to rid himself of his curse by killing the originator of his "bloodline."

The show aired a 2-hour pilot and 28 half-hour episodes before being cancelled in 1988.

As of June 6, 2007, Chiller is airing Werewolf. This is the first time the series has aired on television in twenty years. Chiller premiered the series with a marathon on June 6, 2007. The series airs Wednesdays at 8PM and 8:30PM, replacing the airing of two episodes of Monsters.
Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2007, 01:38:46 am »

Eric Cord (John J. York) was just an average college student until his roommate Ted handed him a gun loaded with silver bullets and tells Eric to kill him, because he's a werewolf and he's been killing people. A red pentagram on his palm is the sign that the change is coming. Confronted with Eric's disbelief, Ted asks Eric to tie him up in a chair and wait until midnight, when he'll either see for himself or call in the shrinks. As midnight comes, Ted transforms into a werewolf, forcing Eric to shoot and kill him -- but not before he bites Eric. Before long, Eric finds a pentagram on his own palm, and soon after, undergoes his own transformation. On the run for his friend's murder, Eric spent the remainder of the series trying to break the curse by finding and killing the originator of his bloodline, a drifter named Janos Skorzeny (played by Chuck Connors in his last television role). Throughout his quest, Eric was pursued by a bounty hunter named 'Alamo Joe' Rogan (Lance LeGault).

The series was similar in tone and formula to shows like The Fugitive and The Incredible Hulk. Eric wandered from place to place, hitchhiking, taking odd jobs and befriending various people whose paths he crossed along the way, before invariably being transformed by his werewolf curse just in time to save his new friends from the clutches of some evildoer. Though Eric appeared to have no control over his actions while in werewolf form, and typically retained no memory of them afterward, he seemed to prey pretty much exclusively on villainous characters, never attacking or killing an innocent person. There were hints as the series went on, however, that this control was slowly eroding, as indeed Ted had warned him it would, threatening to destroy Eric's morals/conscience/will if he couldn't end the curse soon.

Near the end of the show's run, it was revealed that Skorzeny was not the originator of Eric's bloodline, but rather a powerful, long-lived werewolf named Nicholas Remy (played by Brian Thompson). The series ended before Eric could be rid of his curse.

The special effects for the show were particularly impressive, specifically the transformation sequences, in which the pentagram-shaped scar on Eric's right hand would rise, thicken, and eventually bleed; this would usually happen at the climax of the episode, at which time Eric would become a seven-foot tall werewolf.

Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2007, 01:40:06 am »

The show's recurring villain, Skorzeny, was named after the vampire battled by Carl Kolchak in the original TV movie The Night Stalker which was spun into the series Kolchak: The Night Stalker. In its turn, that name may have been inspired by Otto Skorzeny, a noted Waffen SS officer in World War II, once described as "the most dangeous man in Europe".
Chuck Connors last appeared as Janos Skorzeny in the ninth episode, Friendly Haven -- Skorzeny's subsequent appearances starting with The Unicorn only showed him in werewolf form, or played by a body double. It is unclear why Connors left the series at this point, but it's been suggested that it was a salary issue. The script for Skorzeny's final appearance in To Dream Of Wolves gave him a dialogue scene with Remy as the writers must have thought Connors would still be available to return, but all Skorzeny's dialogue was cut in the aired version. This was due to the fact that Connors objected to the scenes where his character Skorzeny knelt down in submission to the new villain. When a body double was used in his place along with archive footage, Connors successfully sued the show.
A World Of Difference, in which Alamo Joe thinks he's been bitten by Eric, was written as a one-hour episode but aired as two half-hours.
The real-life Nicholas Remy was a member of the Inquisition.
The producers of the show established a 1-800 number where viewers could call to report "werewolf sightings", and many called to report sightings of what they believed were honest-to-god werewolves.
In The Werewolf Book: The Encyclopedia of Shape-Shifting Beings by Brad Steiger, 'Werewolf' is reported to have been the only television series to feature a lycanthrope as its lead character, despite a previous reference to the syndicated series She-Wolf of London in the book's Forward section, a show which also focused on a character seeking a cure to her werewolf curse.
In July 1988, Blackthorne Publishing released a six-issue comic book series based on the show.
Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2007, 01:42:04 am »

Episodes

1) Werewolf (pilot) - Eric is attacked by his best friend, who is a werewolf. Now afflicted with the curse, Eric must track down the originator of his bloodline in order to rid himself of his new alter ego, while also avoiding the bounty hunter who's been sent after him.
2) Nightwatch - After trailing Skorzeny to a shipyard, Eric is set upon by a pair of seamen looking to collect the bounty on his head.
3) The Boy Who Cried Werewolf - Injured by Rogan, Eric seeks shelter in a young boy's treehouse, and soon runs afoul of his mother's abusive boyfriend.
4) The Black Ship - Eric is captured by an old friend of Skorzeny's and must find a way to escape before Skorzeny comes for him.
5) Spectre of the Wolf - Eric consults Dr. DeGoethels, a well known author and professor of werewolf lore, for help in finding a cure.
6) The Wolf Who Thought He Was A Man - While on the road, Eric meets up with a hunter who takes the phrase 'hunt like a wolf' a little too far.
7) Nothing Evil In These Woods - Lost in the woods, Eric happens upon a local witch who claims she has the power to rid him of his curse.
Cool Running with the Pack - Working at a small diner to make ends meet, Eric gets more than he bargained for when a cutthroat motorcycle gang rides into town.
9) Friendly Haven - Eric takes refuge at the home of an old woman while being chased by Skorzeny.
10) Let Us Prey - Chasing reports of a wild cougar, Eric takes refuge at a monastery where he soon learns that some of the staff prey in a different way at night.
11) A World of Difference (part 1) - Rogan finds Eric locked up in a small town, but when his captive changes into a werewolf and escapes, the bounty hunter finds he's no match for the hunting skills of the wolf.
12) A World of Difference (part 2) - In the hospital recovering from a werewolf attack, Rogan reflects on how to deal with his dilemma. Things get sidetracked in a hurry when he learns that Eric isn't dead after all.
13) The Unicorn - Eric gets kidnapped by a pimp when he saves one of his charges from a brutal beating. Meanwhile, Rogan is hot on Eric's trail, not realizing he's actually closer to finding Skorzeny.
14) All Hallow's Eve - Eric holes up in an abandoned house on Halloween night in order to lock himself up before the change, not realizing that the house isn't actually abandoned after all.
15) Blood on the Tracks - Eric gets a job working the railroads and runs into one of his childhood heroes, a former heavyweight champion with some demons of his own.
16) Nightmare at the Braine Hotel - Eric crosses paths with a slasher and a sinister hotel manager.
17) Wolfhunt - Eric and a wolf form a bond of friendship out in the wild, but a rancher is out to hunt them both down with silver bullets thanks to a visit from Rogan.
18) Blood Ties - Working as a groundskeeper at a high class residence, Eric must clear his name when he is framed for murder.
19) Big Daddy - Forcefully taken by a state trooper to Big Daddy Frasier's home, Eric learns that Big Daddy has an idea of what Eric can do to help cure his cancer.
20) Eye of the Storm - Eric finds himself in the middle of a murder mystery at the Simms Lodge. He convinces the other lodgers to work together in order to find the culprit, but his plans change when he is about to.
21) Nightmare in Blue - The long arm of the law finds Eric when he is at his most vulnerable. To make matters worse, Rogan's reach is even closer.
22) Skinwalker - Eric learns that the Native American legend of the Skinwalker is true, and that it's up to him to stop the bloodshed.
23) King of the Road - Hopping a train, Eric runs afoul of a group of homeless travelers trying to escape a 'ripper' who's been preying on vagrants in their small hometown.
24) A Material Girl - Eric chases Skorzeny into a mall after business hours. He meets a girl who lives there and learns he wasn't chasing Skorzeny after all.
25) To Dream of Wolves (part 1) - Eric finally tracks down Skorzeny but learns that, contrary to what he was told, his old nemesis is not the originator of their bloodline after all.
26) To Dream of Wolves (part 2) - Eric breaks into the home of Nicolas Remy and learns that Remy is the one he must destroy in order to rid himself of his curse.
27) Blind Luck - Working at a carnival, Eric runs afoul of a group of schemers who are taking advantage of blind women.
28) Gray Wolf - While being chased by Rogan, Eric meets an old werewolf from another bloodline. Together they can defeat Remy, but only if Eric can keep the man on his side.
29) Amazing Grace - Eric saves an old lady who loves to tell stories from two thugs. Soon she is placed in a mental institution and Eric tries to break her out.
Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2007, 01:44:15 am »

She-Wolf of London was a short-lived television series that aired was distributed in first-run syndication in the USA from October 1990 to April 1991. The first 14 episodes were filmed in England and aired under the She-Wolf title, while a second season of 6 episodes was filmed in Los Angeles and aired under the title Love and Curses, with a drastically reduced cast.
Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2007, 01:46:30 am »

American actress Kate Hodge played graduate student Randi Wallace. Working on her masters thesis, Randi meets Mythology professor Ian Matheson, played by English actor Neil Dickson. The two develop an unspoken attraction to each other, which only increases when Randi looks to him for help after surviving a werewolf attack on the Moors. While searching for a cure, Ian becomes Randi's keeper during the full moon phases, with the mismatched duo somehow always seeming to find themselves in hot water with various supernatural creatures along the way.

Mid-way through the first season, the European producers of the series pulled their financial backing, and the lower budget forced production to move to Los Angeles for the final six episodes. The series was retitled Love and Curses, with Neil Dickson's character changed from a British professor to an L.A. talk-show host eager to investigate the paranormal. The show was cancelled after its first season, along with the two other Hollywood Premiere Network shows ("Shades of LA" and "They Came From Outer Space.")

Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2007, 01:49:13 am »

Episodes of the series ran on the Sci-Fi Channel for a short time following its cancellation. For these airings, the Love and Curses episodes were retitled She-Wolf of London, despite the obvious contradiction. The opening sequence for these episodes were replaced by the show's original opening.
On August 1, 1999 The Werewolf Book: The Encyclopedia of Shape-Shifting Beings by Brad Steiger was published. Steiger makes a brief one-sentence mention of She-Wolf in the book's Forward section, stating only that the 1946 movie of the same name did not actually feature a werewolf, but the 1990s television series did. Later in the book the TV series Werewolf is highlighted, and is said to have been the only television show to feature a werewolf as its lead character.
She-Wolf of London was part of the Hollywood Premiere Network, an early attempt by Universal Television to create an "ad-hoc" syndication network. Although not a "real" network with affiliates and the like, they were ahead of their time. The series aired in many of the stations that would later become either UPN or WB affiliates. The series premiered along with two other shows, "Shades of L.A." and They Came from Outer Space on October 9, 1990.
Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2007, 01:50:13 am »

Episodes

As "She-Wolf of London"
Episode One: She Wolf of London. Director: Dennis Abey / Writers: Mick Garris & Tom McLoughlin
Episode Two: The Bog Man of Letchmoor Heath. Director: Roger Cheveley / Writer: Anthony Adams
Episode Three: The Juggler. Director: Gerry Mill / Writer: Jim Henshaw
Episode Four: Moonlight Becomes You. Director: Brian Grant / Writer: Valerie West
Episode Five: Nice Girls Don't. Director: Roger Cheveley / Writers: Abbie Bernstein, Lee Goldberg & William Rabkin
Episode Six: Little Bookshop of Horrors. Director: Gerry Mill / Writers: Lee Goldberg & William Rabkin
Episode Seven: The Wild Hunt. Director: Brian Grant / Writers: Diana Ayers & Susan Sebastian
Episode Eight: What's Got Into Them? Director: Dennis Abey / Writers: Lee Goldberg & William Rabkin
Episode Nine: Can't Keep a Dead Man Down - Part 1. Director: Roger Cheveley / Writers: Lee Goldberg & William Rabkin
Episode Ten: Can't Keep a Dead Man Down - Part 2. Director: Roger Cheveley / Writers: Lee Goldberg & William Rabkin
Episode Eleven: Big Top She-Wolf. Director: Brian Grant / Writer: Kate Boutillier
Episode Twelve: She-Devil. Director: Dennis Abey / Writer: William Rabkin
Episode Thirteen: Voodoo Child. Director: Roger Cheveley/ Writer: Terry Erwin
Episode Fourteen: Beyond the Beyond. Director: Brian Grant / Writers: Lee Goldberg, William Rabkin & Arthur Sellers

As "Love & Curses"
Episode One: Curiosity Killed the Kravitz. Director: Brian Grant / Writers: Lee Goldberg & William Rabkin
Episode Two: Habeas Corpses. Director: Chuck Bowman / Writers: Lee Goldberg & William Rabkin
Episode Three: Bride of the Wolfman. Director: Bruce Seth Green / Writer: Kate Boutillier
Episode Four: Heart Attack. Director: Chuck Bowman / Writers: Lee Goldberg & William Rabkin
Episode Five: Mystical Pizza. Director: Bruce Seth Green / Writers: Lee Goldberg & William Rabkin
Episode Six: Eclipse. Director: Gary Walkow / Writers: Richard Manning & Hans Beimler
Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2007, 01:52:45 am »

Theatrical release poster.
Directed by Mike Nichols
Produced by Douglas Wick
Written by Jim Harrison
Wesley Strick
Starring Jack Nicholson
Michelle Pfeiffer
Cinematography Giuseppe Rotunno
Editing by Sam O'Steen
Distributed by Columbia Pictures
Release date(s) 1994
Running time 125 min
Country USA
Language English
Budget $70,000,000
Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2007, 01:54:22 am »

Wolf is a 1994 horror film directed by Mike Nichols and starring Jack Nicholson, Michelle Pfeiffer, James Spader, Christopher Plummer, Om Puri and Kate Nelligan. It was co-written by Jim Harrison and Wesley Strick and won a Saturn Award for their screenplay.

Tagline: The animal is out.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:57:38 am by Jean Starling » Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2007, 01:56:37 am »

Will Randall (Nicholson), a mild-mannered, middle-aged publishing editor, is fired from his job by a wealthy business tycoon, Raymond Alden (Plummer), who takes over his publishing house and replaces him with Randall's own protege Stewart Stinton (Spader), who also happens to be having an affair with Randall's wife Charlotte (Nelligan). However, a few days earlier, Randall was bitten by what he believes to be a wolf while driving home on a snowy country road one night; he soon starts feeling rejuvenated, revitalized, and more aggressive and becomes more assertive in fighting for his job back. Eventually, to his horror, Randall also realises that he was taking on the characteristics of a wolf.

However, with the help of Alden's beautiful, headstrong daughter Laura (Pfeiffer), he sets out for the new life ahead of him. Randall's first escapade as a wolf takes place at Laura's countryside cottage, where he wakes up in the middle of the night and predatorily hunts down a deer. In the morning he finds himself on the bank of a forest stream, dunks his head in water and realises he has blood all over his face and hands. He then drives back to the city in a state of confused trepidation, his alarm at his animal characteristics leading him to ignore conventional medical tests.

Instead, he visits an Indian healer - Dr. Vijay Alezias (Om Puri) who gifts him an amulet that is supposed to protect him from turning completely into a wolf. Dr. Alezias asks Randall to bite him as a return favour, as Alezias himself does not have long to live. On being asked by Randall whether he would 'prefer demonization to death', Dr. Alezias replies that it would be a boon rather than a bane. He also tells Will that he is a good man at heart and so has nothing to fear.

As his professional life is restored, Randall, in his aggressive avatar, fires his young nemesis Stewart, deepening each's hatred for the other. Later, Will inadvertently bites Stewart, who becomes a wolf as well. Stewart ends up raping and murdering Will's wife, in an attempt to frame Randall and seize back Randall's job at the publishing house.

Randall, meanwhile, shattered at his wife's murder, and thinking that it was his alter-ego state that killed her, goes back with Laura to her cottage, where he agrees to be locked up in the barn. Laura then gets a call from the police detective investigating Will's wife's murder, and learns that it was a canine attack that killed her. Alarmed that Will might be the unknowing perpetrator, she goes alone to the police station to find out more. There she runs into Stewart, who makes a pass at her while making it clear that Randall was as good as convicted. She hurries off from the station, making arrangements for Will and her to leave the country.

Stewart, realising that she had gone back, follows her to the cottage. After a brief struggle in the barn, where Will is locked in, he tries to **** her, but Randall frees himself from his stall, and, in werewolf form (same as his foe), they battle to the death. The evil werewolf Stewart is then shot to death by Laura. Randall, meanwhile, turns into a complete wolf and runs off into the forest. The last scene is a close-up of her face fading into dark, feline eyes, preceded with previously-shown shots of an animal running wildly through the forest. Laura's passionate love for Will allows her to join him in his new life.

Report Spam   Logged
Jean Starling
Superhero Member

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2007, 01:59:54 am »

The film was initially delayed for six to eight months due to poor critical reaction to the third act. After reshoots, however, critics thought the ending was more satisfying and thrilling. It was mostly well-received and currently holds positive reviews among 64% of critics as displayed by RottenTomatoes.com. The film grossed $65,012,000 domestically and $131,002,597 worldwide, while making another $34,000,000 on US rentals.

Trivia

The film features David Schwimmer in a bit part as a cop, chasing Randall through the city zoo in one of his wolfish nighttime vagaries.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: