Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 12:39:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102183 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« on: March 05, 2007, 02:34:05 pm »

So - now that I've picked the story apart - and said "if" this and "if" that - I would like to put it back together again for the benefit of our purpose - to locate the city from which the Atlanteans attacked the Greeks.

- The people of a northern land were forced south by the ice age - Atlandis
- These people had knowledge of how to live in harmony with the planet (as well as knowledge of other things)
- These people of the Land of Ice - called by us Atlanteans - spread out over a vast area
- The Atlaneans built their cities to an original plan laid out in circles (rings) for specific reasons.
- Over millennia, they lost their "divine" side and became base and egotistic
- Some of their eventual lands included - The western coast of Libya, Libya, Spain, and Tyrrenia, parts of Europe and Asia
- They became a powerful force in this particular area and planned on taking over more of their neighbors
- The neighbors in particular were Greece and Egypt and Asia
- The leader of this power came from his "domain" outside the Straits(perhaps at one time part of Libya on the west or and island neighbor of the Amazons) and became the ruler of the Atlanteans
- This leader intended to subjugate the rest of the peoples of the Med. (being conceited enough to think he could do it all at once)Must have had a magnificent army! (or advanced weapons Smiley)
- To launch the attack on the eastern end of the Med all at once, I assume he has prepared his army (and possibly navy) for the attack from a point closest to the area he was attacking.  He's not going to leave a back door open for a rear assault.
- After the battle with the Greeks, and before the Greeks could return to barracks, the earth opened up and swallowed the army and the city.
- The sinking of the city caused the passage to the ocean and the western end of the Med. Sea. to be filled with mud.  (The ocean was navigable - meaning if you could get to it to navigate it but this was no longer an option for Eastern Meds. peoples therefore they couldn't navigate it)
- Therefore - the city in question had to be at Malta or Sicily.
- Since there are most unusual ruins in Malta, and they seem to stretch out where the Libyan land bridge used to be, it is reasonable to assume that Malta was the location of the particular city refered to in the Criteas.

THAT'S MY THEORY Grin

HAVE AT IT!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:36:58 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: