Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 05:03:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 106473 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2007, 03:26:31 pm »

Hi Rock
I think 55 million years is pushing it a bit. 
NOT that I believe everything scientists tell us, but so far, these frozen bodies they've been finding in the ice, are a little more recent than that! Smiley

In the ancient beliefs, there were "gods" that stuck their noses in the affairs of men, fought in human wars, played favorites, etc.  What were these beings?  If the Aser were just "good", that does not give them the attributes of the "gods" described in the legends. I can see that being isolated, and with nothing to do but keep warm and put food on the table  Grin they had time to raise their levels of consciousness much like it is explained the Tibetan Lamas do.  When one has attained that higher level, apparently one can DO a lot more things than we normal mortals. Like using the mind to lift heavy items, communicate with mental telepathy, etc. Therefore, they would appear to be "gods" to the under-developed.  But where did it come from, that one could pray to a God for it's benevolence, or assistance in a war, or bless the crops or whatever?  How would these Gods "hear" these prayers?  There's a giant leap here, from being "good" and teaching ways of righteousness, to being prayed to for everything under the sun.  Ok, some of the original Aser people eventually split up, and we have Denmark and Sweden and the other Scandinavian countries.  Over time, they also became egotistical and greedy and selfish, but that didn't make them "super" beings that could hear prayers from miles away, or lift a hand to ensure success in any given battle thousands of miles away.  Something is missing here. 
What sticks out as obvious to me - that's missing - is technology.
How did the original Aser people contact say the colony in South America?  How did the messenger after say several thousand years go by, know how to even get to the colonies?  And  how did they physically  get to the colonies?  We would have to accept then, that the technology of the day - (maybe not 55 million years ago) but SOMEWHERE in the past, the technology was available for them to make contact, and for them to travel great distances.  Let's pretend for instance, that one of the colonies - like Atlantis - was totally destroyed by a cataclysm.  How would the Aser know that?  How would they know the way wasn't closed off by some other catastrophe?  And yet - apparently - according to legends all over the world - the messenger did come.  Perhaps they were so advanced to a higher consciousness - as Thoth in the emerald tablets says - that they could leave their bodies behind, and re-manifest somewhere else.  Like Melchizadek in the Bible "who was not born"?

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: