Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:55:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102255 times)
docyabut

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2007, 08:22:28 am »

The Akashic records are of every thought and deed,  not all thoughts are truths.Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2007, 10:08:57 am »

Yes, thoughts AND deeds are recorded in the Akashic records.  However, I don't think that would interfere with arriving at the truth.  If a person's thoughts do not match up with his deeds, that would be a good sign that that person is a hypocrite.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2007, 02:26:43 pm »

Qoais,

RE: "Even the Bok Saga has the same theme, where the people were very spiritual in the beginning and then gradually became selfish and personal ego took over and the tribes separated."

The reason for this is quite understandable

As the Bock saga reveals, the Aser people never lost their spiritual life, and throughout Ice-time, during their isolation and separation from the southern humanity, remained quite within in their perfection (as best as they could maintain living within a glacier), even to the degree that upon coming south at the end of Ice-time they were regarded as "gods".   

However, the ongoing contact that had maintained their world-wide culture before Ice-time was broken by the ice, the cousins in the south strayed from their powerful original culture.  Even re-establishing contact at the end of Ice-time was not sufficient to "re-tool" millions of years of greed, slavery and tyrants.

The As people did maintain their culture for a long time, even in secret, as the culture of christianity destroyed all it possibly could of the old ways.

Now it exists only in language, in logic, in honesty and in truth.
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2007, 05:34:47 pm »

Well Said Rockessence - Regarding the Akashic records, they are more than just the "book of life" for individuals.  It is also the "book of life for the planet, and the universe.  According to the Urantia Book this planet has always had "celestial" overseers, and the same is being said by "contactees"; those persons who have been chosen by extra-terrestrials to have knowledge given to them.  Personally, I can't understand why I chose to be born a Canadian when I could have chosen to be a Tibetan Monk Grin  I would love to have been trained in their concepts.  I know I could apply myself and learn to astral travel on my own, and I could likely learn to do a lot of things, but somewhere inside me is a streak of laziness and I haven't done a lot of things I wish I'd done.  Just trying to keep ahead of the bills is a life consuming occupation and I can certainly see where the life described in a lot of the works I've read would be more conducive to higher thinking.  However, I suppose this planet (and there may be others like it) was made so the soul (spiritual part) could experience trials and tribulations physically and raise their consciousness with physical experience.  Who knows, maybe this planet is just that - a training ground - and when we get too rediculous and it looks like we might destroy the boot camp, we are held in check so we can't.  Noty totally anyway.  Maybe sometimes, the celestials have to "disinfect" the school so they can use it for future generations!   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2007, 02:52:44 am »

Q,

Usually the life you select is chosen precisely for the problems it presents, and the growth rendered from overcoming those problems.  Tibetan or Canadian.....if you will quickly and wholeheartedly resolve your own problems with graciousness and love, and reach out to help others at every opportunity, what difference does it make where you live that life?
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2007, 04:00:13 pm »

I do understand that Rock.  Actually, when I hear the news from all over the world, I'm glad I was born in Canada.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2007, 01:07:31 am »

Here is an exerpt from Cave of the Ancients by T. Lobsang Rampa - Tibetan Lama  His instructor had taken him and a few others to this cave where the instructor had been in the past as a young boy.  Inside, were working models of ancient technology, automated films explaining what had happened and why the cave had been built.

We saw oceans with great floating cities, which moved from land to land. In the sky floated equally large craft which moved without sound. Which could hover, and almost instantly flash into stupendous speed. On the surface' vehicles moved some inches above the ground itself, sup-ported in the air by some method which we could not determine. Bridges stretched across the cities carrying on slender cables what appeared to be roadways. As we watched we saw a vivid flash in the sky, and one of the largest bridges collapsed into a tangle of girders and cables. Another flash, and most of the city itself vanished into incandescent gas. Above the ruins towered a strangely evil-looking red cloud, roughly in the shape of a mushroom - miles high.

Our pictures faded, and we saw again the group of men who had planned the "Time Capsules". They had decided that now was the time to seal them. We saw the ceremonies, we saw the "stored memories" being fitted into the machine. We heard the speech of farewell which told us - "The People of the Future, if there be any!" - that Mankind was about to destroy itself, or such seemed probable, "and within these vaults (hvelv) are stored such records of our achievements and follies (dårskap) as may benefit those of a future race who have the intelligence to discover it, and having discovered it, be able to understand it."

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2007, 01:13:45 am »

Ha!  From the first time I saw a picture of the Sphinx I figured the head and shoulders was a woman.

More from Cave of the Ancients:

This was the world of Long Long Ago. When the world was very young. Mountains stood where now there are seas, and the pleasant seaside resorts are now mountain tops. The weather was warmer and strange creatures roamed afield. This was a world of scientific progress. Strange machines rolled along, flew inches from the surface of the Earth, or flew miles up in the air. Great temples reared their pinnacles skywards, as if in challenge to the clouds. Animals and Man talked telepathically together. But all was not bliss; politicians fought against politicians. The world was a divided camp in which each side coveted the lands of the other. Suspicion and fear were the clouds under which the ordinary man lived. Priests of both sides proclaimed that they alone were the favoured of the gods. In the pictures before us we saw ranting priests - as now - purveying their own brand of salvation. At a price! Priests of each sect taught that it was a "holy duty" to kill the enemy. Almost in the same breath they preached that Mankind throughout the world were brothers. The illogicality of brother killing brother did not occur to them.

We saw great wars fought, with most of the casualties (sårede) being civilians. The armed forces, safe behind their armour, were mostly safe. The aged, the women and children, those who did not fight, were the ones to suffer. We saw glimpses of scientists working in laboratories, working to produce even deadlier weapons, working to produce bigger and better bugs to drop on the enemy. One sequence of pictures showed a group of thoughtful men planning what they termed a "Time Capsule" (tidskapsel)(what we called "The Cave of the Ancients"), wherein they could store for later generations working models of their machines and a complete, pictorial record of their culture and lack of it. Immense machines excavated the living rock. Hordes of men installed the models and the machines. We saw the cold light spheres hoisted in place, inert radio-active substances giving off light for millions of years. Inert in that it could not harm humans, active in that the light would continue almost until the end of Time itself.

We found that we could understand the language, then the explanation was shown, that we were obtaining the "speech" telepathically. Chambers such as this, or "Time Capsules", were concealed beneath the sands of Egypt, beneath a pyramid in South America, and at a certain spot in Siberia. Each place was marked by the symbol of the times; the Sphinx. We saw the great statues of the Sphinx, which did not originate in Egypt, and we received an explanation of its form. Man and animals talked and worked together in those far-off days. The cat was the most perfect animal for power and intelligence. Man himself is an animal, so the Ancients made a figure of a large cat body to indicate power and endurance, and upon the body they put the breasts and head of a woman. The head was to indicate human intelligence and reason, while the breasts indicated that Man and Animal could draw spiritual and mental nourishment each from the other. That Symbol was then as common as is Statues of Buddha, or the Star of David, or the Crucifix at the present day.

Sounds like Atlantis to me!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:20:16 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2007, 01:16:57 am »

Continuing:

We saw the procession of men and women, notables of that time no doubt, file out of the Cave. Machines with vast arms slid (skjøv)what appeared to be half a mountain over the entrance. The cracks and crevices (sprekkene..) where surfaces met were carefully sealed, and the group of people and the workmen went away. Machines rolled into the distance and for a time, some months, the scene was quiet. We saw a high priest standing on the steps of an immense Pyramid, exhorting (formanende) his listeners to war. The pictures impressed upon the Scrolls of Time rolled on, changed, and we saw the opposing camp. Saw the leaders ranting and raving. Time moved on. We saw streaks of white vapour in the blue of the skies, and then those skies turned red. The whole world trembled and shook. We, watching, experienced vertigo. The darkness of the night fell over the world. Black clouds, shot with vivid flames, rolled around the whole globe. Cities flamed briefly and were gone.

Across the land surged the raging seas. Sweeping all before it, a giant wave, taller than the tallest building had been, roared across the land, its crest bearing aloft the flotsam of a dying civilization. The Earth shook and thundered in agony (pine), great chasms (kløfter) appeared and closed again like the gaping maws of a giant. The mountains waved like willow twigs in a storm, waved, and sank beneath the seas. Land masses rose from the waters and became mountains. The whole surface of the world was in a state of change, of continuous motion. A few scattered survivors, out of millions, fled shrieking to the newly risen mountains. Others, afloat in ships that somehow survived the upheaval, reached the high ground and fled into any hiding place they could find. The Earth itself stood still, stopped its direction of rotation, and then turned in the opposite direction. Forests flashed from trees to scattered ash in the twinkling of an eye. The surface of the Earth was desolate (øde; ødslig; fortapt; ensom og forlatt), ruined, charred to a black crisp. Deep in holes, or in the lava tunnels of extinct volcanoes, a scattered handful of Earth's population, driven insane by the catastrophe, cowered and gibbered in their terror. From the black skies fell a whitish substance, sweet to the taste, sustaining of life.

In the course of centuries the Earth changed again; the seas were now land, and the lands that had becn were now seas. A low lying plain had its rocky walls cracked and sundered, and the waters rushed in to form the Sea now known as the Mediterranean. Another sea nearby sank through a gap in the sea bed, and as the waters left and the bed dried, the Sahara Desert was formed. Over the face of the Earth wandered wild tribes who, by the light of their camp fires, told of the old legends, told of the Flood, of Lemuria, and Atlantis. They told, too, of the day the Sun Stood Still.

The Cave of the Ancients lay buried in the silt (slam) of a halfdrowned world. Safe from intruders, it rested far beneath the surface of the land. In course of time, fast-running streams would wash away the silt, the debris, and allow the rocks to stand forth in the sunlight once more. At last, heated by the sun and cooled by a sudden icy shower, the rock face would split with thunderous noise and we would be able to enter.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:26:34 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2007, 01:18:13 am »

And - a bit more.

In the course of centuries the Earth changed again; the seas were now land, and the lands that had becn were now seas. A low lying plain had its rocky walls cracked and sundered, and the waters rushed in to form the Sea now known as the Mediterranean. Another sea nearby sank through a gap in the sea bed, and as the waters left and the bed dried, the Sahara Desert was formed. Over the face of the Earth wandered wild tribes who, by the light of their camp fires, told of the old legends, told of the Flood, of Lemuria, and Atlantis. They told, too, of the day the Sun Stood Still.

The Cave of the Ancients lay buried in the silt (slam) of a halfdrowned world. Safe from intruders, it rested far beneath the surface of the land. In course of time, fast-running streams would wash away the silt, the debris, and allow the rocks to stand forth in the sunlight once more. At last, heated by the sun and cooled by a sudden icy shower, the rock face would split with thunderous noise and we would be able to enter.

We shook ourselves, stretched our cramped limbs, and rose wearily to our feet. The experience had been a shattering one. Now we had to eat, to sleep, and on the morrow we would look about us again so that we might perhaps learn something. Then, our mission accomplished, we would wall up the entrance as directed. The Cave would sleep again in peace until men of goodwill and high intelligence would come again. I wandered to the Cave mouth and looked down upon the desolation, upon the riven rocks, and I wondered what a man of the Old Times would think if he could rise from his grave to stand beside me, here.

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2007, 01:34:34 am »

I get the impression from this, that the society being referred to, was older than Plato's Atlantis.  It was long AFTER this culture had wiped itself out that the Strait of Gibralter opened and the Med. was formed, and the water that WAS the Sahara, drained out the bottom.  If the priest talking to Solon, was as initiated to as high a degree as Rampa, he was indeed telling a historical story, but for sure Plato put the "war" with the Athenians in for good measure.  It seems the land mass was very different at the time and of course the ocean was "navigable" since they had the equipment to navigate with.  Seems also there were two sides only, like Cayce mentions, the good and the bad.  Also the land WAS outside the, what was then known in Plato's time,  as the Pillars of Heracles because it was a different land mass altogether. 

Apparently the Lamas can astral travel and read the Akashic records of the earth and it's history.  (So now you know Tom, why I wished I'd been born in Tibet!)  I know - I could still learn the technique.  He says it's easy when you know how Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2007, 08:34:52 pm »

Here is a bit from a book written by a Tibetan monk regarding the destruction of Atlantis:

Great harm was done to the Earth by the followers of darkness, natural imbalances were created by them.  Thus did these actions bring about the physical fall of Atlantis.
The greatest of these natural imbalances was created by drilling huge holes in the Earth's crust, down to the levels of molten Earth.  The Belialians used the very gross physical forces of the inner Earth to generate their power.  They used concentrated light energy beams (like lasers) to bore great holes in the Earth.  Remnants of them can still be seen in many places.  (notably such as Florida, the Caribbean, and the "Blue Hole of Belize).  Creating their power plants was much like making a series of un natural volcanoesand it resulted in great instability and seismic disturbances.  Even though they were warned of the consequences, the Belialians persisted in this un-natural activity, and caused the Earth changes that destroyed Atlantis.
Before the final destruction of Atlantis, knowing the time, knowing the signs, those of us of the light, went to many other parts of the Earth, in order to continue our work.

During the exodus from Atlantis, many of us followed Thoth (pronounced Toth) to the land of Khem, now called Egypt.  There he built the Great Pyramid, and other temples and places of healing, for purposes of completing our work, initiating the wise, and enlightening the ignorant. 

"Modern Science" has surmised that these great pyramids were built by workers over many, many years, for the purposes of tombs.  However, lacking any real facts from that time, these scientists make great assumptions, and their conclusions are truly un-scientific.  These great structures were in fact built by Thoth, using forces he controlled with the help of the advanced technology aboard his terrestrial airship (a common Atlantean mode of transportation in the days of Atlantis)These vibratory forces could change molecular density, so that the great stones could be made to float in air, just as wood floats in water.  The power generators built by the Children of the Law of One, were very harmonious with nature, in stark contrast with the Belialian methods.  Ther generators were simple pyramids, that harmlessly collected the energy present in the Earth's aura (a frequency of the electromagnetic field - the field that makes a compass point to North)  The power generator pyramids used only crystal and copper capstones, combined with a large peak release collector (capacitor) inside the pyramid.  This allowed "wireless" transmission of the power to any building, or vehicle, including the air borne terrestrial ships such as Thoth's.

The Great Pyramid itself was both a power generator and a center for final stage spiritual initiation, for the Children of the Law of One.  It's great hall was once lined with the painted tablets depicting the stages of spiritual development and initiation that were later to become the Major Arcana of the Tarot. 

Thoth's ship remains, hidden under the Sphinx.  This may yet be found and used by initiates, when it is time and the need arises.  Between the Sphinx and the Pyramid, is buried a chamber that contains the records of our history from the beginning.  This, or duplicate records in the Yucatan, or the ocean, will be found just prior to the great Earth changes that will again rock the Earth on it's axis.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2007, 09:37:36 pm »

Q:

Is your last post Cayce or the Lama?

If it's the Lama, the similarities are astounding!

B.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 09:40:19 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2007, 10:38:40 pm »

Hi Bianca
It's not either one, but it IS a Tibetan Monk.  He does explain in his book, that Cayce was correct in a lot of things.  What I'm reading now is astounding as well.  It's called The Children of the Law of One & the Lost Teachings of Atlantis.  Author is Jon Peniel.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2007, 04:49:27 am »

Here's what bothers me, Qoais.  How do we know the Tibetan monk wasn't just copying from a Cayce book?  What are his credentials?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: