Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:11:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102053 times)
Chronos
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 11:23:29 am »

Hi Qois,

I actually try not to go much to Georgeos' site, he has far too many pop-ups for it to be functional.

The people of a northern land were forced south by the ice age - Atlandis

This comes from the Bock Saga, are you a believer in the theories put forth by lor Bock?
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 03:31:02 pm »

Hi Chronos
I've only read about the Bock Saga recently, but it fits with other things I've studied.  Is there somewhere I can study the whole thing?  I've only read what's on "The Official Bock Saga Site". 
I have a very open mind, maybe too open, in that I take all things in, mull them over and see if the pieces fit.  I've always believed in Atlantis, although I have no reason for doing so.  In other words, it's always been "there" in my head, since I was young, but I never studied anything about it until a year ago.  I think the Bock Saga explains a certain sequence of events that I believe over Plato's story. I do believe he heard of such a place, and heard they were a mighty power - mainly because they were so long in practicing their way of life and it stayed with them, enough after the tribes broke up.  It would not surprise me that underground vaults are found, and more of the story comes to light.  Whether the man smokes MJ or not is irrelevant.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 05:50:59 pm »

www.bocksaga.de

www.bock-saga.com
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 10:51:32 pm »

Yes - that's where I was reading, but I thought maybe there was more.  Was thinking of sending for the tapes to learn the sound systems.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 01:54:59 am »

Neither of those sites were the one you mentioned above...
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 02:44:28 am »

Hi Rock
I am sorry.  You're right and thank you very much.  I will go there now.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 11:44:53 pm »

Hi Qoais,

I actually like your idea of Malta being a base that Atlantis used to attack the Greeks and the Egyptians. Plato does give the figures of the armies involved in the battles, but I do see his history concerning the tale end of Atlantis history.  I imagine the reason they invaded in the first place was because their own land was dying out.
Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 01:20:39 am »

Hi Stacy
You're probably right about needing more land.  If they had an idea that there would be another earthquake they'd be looking to get out.

Actually tho, from what I tried to figure out logically, Plato's Atlantis, as we are interpreting it - didn't exist.   Have you read the Urantia Book?  A lot of people nay say it, but one absolutely has to have an open mind in these things.  Have you read Zecharia Sitchin?

What I'm trying to say is - people have been trying to keep the history of our world and humanity the best way they can.  At first it was orally, and then we developed writing.  Then we develop science and we get the theory of evolution.  We read the Bible and it says God created us.    From everything I've studied, I have concluded - and it's my theory - that the are all correct.

The people Plato is describing and the description of the land of the Atlanteans, is not an island or a peninsula off the coast of Africa.  What Plato has done - or maybe I should say - that what Plato was - was only one in a long line of people who repeated for posterity, a history of the earth and it's peoples.  (the battle is a footnote is all)

The Urantia Book gives a most detailed history of our planet, tells about the different universes, God the Creator, the seed of human development and evolution being planted on earth, (encoded into the original DNA) and tons of other information that no one person could make up even if they were paranoid skitso.

Then - if we look at Sitchin - he more or less confirms in translating the ancient Sumerian texts - altho in a different language and manner of speaking - the same story. 

Then we have Plato - in his way and with his manner of speach telling the same story, although it's been intertwined with a battle that to date, people are mixing in with the history he's telling.  They're two different things.  If there was a people attacking the Greeks, no matter if it was 9000 or 900 years before Solon, they were only Atlanteans from heritage - from the first humans to function on this planet.  Their name at that time was not Atlantians - it was Dalamatians as told in the UB.  The Urantia Book is very detailed in telling about the ice ages and what people did at that time.  The name At-land-dis probably DOES mean the "land is ice".  Because by the time the priest got the story, it would be referring to the end of the second ice age, when the original people from the Med area migrated north when the pole finally cleared of ice.  Then the earth tilted on it's axis and the last ice age set in with a vengence.  These northern people were trapped in little pockets of warm area for hundreds of years, until the ice started to melt again.  In that time, they developed the alphabet of 25 letters and the sound to go with with, lived in harmony with earth and treated each other equal. (the Bock Saga tells about this)  (My theory - one or more of these people were decendants of the first people to live on earth as described in the Urantia Book - one such being named Van who was the originator of the alphabet back in the very beginning)

Although this has been MY journey towards truth and enlightenment, I find the pieces all fit.  There are only 2 things we are on this planet for - to learn and to love. 

The only desire of the soul is to return to it's creator and to do that, we have to learn - in all categories and to love one another as we love ourselves.  In other words - to create a unity of all peoples so that our minds are not distracted with material things, or power or abstract philosophy.  To concentrate our mental efforts at understanding our own nature and what it is we have to learn to rise above our animalistic origins.

What has this got to do with Atlantis?  Nothing.  And Everything.  Plato was keeping the history alive so we'd "remember" our development.  Not talking about a specific island or a specific people.  His description of Atlantis is pretty much a description of the first city on earth called Dalamatia, situated in the Persian Gulf.  He talks about how the people were spiritual in the beginning - as were the staff of what is called the Planetary Prince - (who rebelled against the pre-set order of how we were to develop and set us back by about 250,000 years)  The staff were super-beings with a long life span.  Some stayed loyal to their original purpose, and some rebelled with the Prince.  They were very spiritual in the beginning, and over thousands of years, gradually intermarrying with the humans of earth, they bacame "more human" and devloped characteristics of greed and power.  Plato describes this.  The UB talks about the tribes that wandered all over Europe and the Med. following the ice and back again, and how they intermixed with each other.  How great cataclysms caused major upheavals in the Med. area - also told about in Plato's story.  Whether there was a battle or not, who knows?  That may have been the entertainment part of the story in honour of the goddess whose birthday they were celebrating. 

If one opens their mind and accepts the logic within the information they read, it's not hard to accept that we are still evolving - especially mentally - for a purpose.

Then more recently - we have the Bock Saga - telling the same story  and then we have the WingMaker Material that shows that all this was but a training ground for our further search for truth and enlightenment, using mind, and con-joining the sciences with a belief system to the ultimate goal of improving the human condition. 

Stacy, if you haven't read these things, you will have no idea what I'm talking about.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 10:44:38 pm »

I actually like your idea of Malta being a base that Atlantis used to attack the Greeks and the Egyptians. Plato does give the figures of the armies involved in the battles, but I do see his history concerning the tale end of Atlantis history.  I imagine the reason they invaded in the first place was because their own land was dying out.

Plato doesn't actually give the figures of the armies that attacked the Greeks.  He tells how many men and chariots etc. that each portion of the land had to contribute to the army.  Actually, there's very little about this great battle described at all.  No location, no name of a heroic leader, no name of a king or pharoah that might have been ruling at the time - nothing.

So I started with this in mind:  That the Atlanteans had subjected the lands inside the strait to Italy and Libya - so they already held that area.  If they were going to attack Greece and the rest of Eruope "at a blow", it stands to reason they would launch the attack from a point closest to the targets.  There is no mention that Egypt was ever attacked.  But Plato called the Atlanteans the "invaders" which means they were advancing FROM their territory TO someone else's territory.  They would not be attacking their own lands that were behind them, therefore this battle had to be around the boot of Italy.   

The other thing I checked out about the location of Atlantis was Diodorus Siculus.  He is re-telling an older story he copied, about the Amazons.  The Amazons lived in Libya and attacked their neighbors - The Atlanteans.  I think there is only one person in the world who thinks that Atlantis was a peninsula and not an island and that is Georgeos from the Atlantis Rising Forum.  So I set out to see what this could mean as to location.  He says Spain was a portion of Atlantis.  I don't think so .  Otherwise she'd have been found by now.  BUT - the Amazons lived on an island also - and their island was off the coast of Libya but they conquered a lot of Libya.  I wondered how they could attack another island but I happened to see a documentary on TV the other night and they COULD have done it.  But only if they had boats.  The Persians, when they wanted to attack Greece across a narrow strait, lined boats up side by side and lashed them together.  Then they literally built a road across the boats much like we build a floating pier.  However, the Amazons had 30,000 foot soldiers and 3000 horse.  I wonder if the boats would hold up?  Depends on how narrow the strait I guess.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 09:41:29 pm »

Well, upon further searching , it would seem that Atlantis and Amazonland were in the same place!  Not only that, but the Amazons, after attacking the one Atlantic city and razing it to the ground, built up another city on the same spot and Atlanteans and Amazons mixed together.  So - we have the first dilution of the those two races.  Maybe that's why the Atlanteans became so aggressive - they got it from their mommies. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

nikas
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 08:40:47 am »

Actually it’s not a joke Qoais, it’s true. That's what my results show......those damn hot mommies.....
Report Spam   Logged
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 06:02:22 pm »

Qoais,

Are we even certain that Plato and Diodorus are talking about the same people?  Look at the accounts, they have seemingly nothing in common with one another.

I have never been that convinced that they were. I get the feeling that many Atlantic dwelling people were known as Atlantes or Atlanteans.  If the people that Herodotus or Diodorus had ever tried to make war on the Mediterranean, wouldn't either one have made some mention of it?

Brooke
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 07:33:07 pm »

Hi Brooke

I get the feeling that many Atlantic dwelling people were known as Atlantes
  How many Atlantic dwelling peoples were there?  Med. dwelling peoples - lots - but Atlantic dwellers?

Diodorus says, in the beginning of his works, that he is merely copying older works for posterity, so they wouldn't get lost.  I have no idea whose works he is copying when he gives the account of the Amazons.  But he does describe the Atlanteans of that time as being the most peaceful of men; Plato also says that the Atlanteans were peaceful and more spiritual before they turned agressive. 
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 01:04:49 am »

I can't remember if I explained this before or not, but my search originally started with trying to figure out how the Ark of the Covenant mentioned in the Bible, worked.  I figured it had to be with electricity, but I couldn't quite come to a conclusion, other than that there had to be cystals involved somehow.  I also had it in mind that the Great Pyramid was a major power source, but I couldn't figure that out either.  I know power can be "saved" stored up, like in a battery, but I don't know enough about electricity or physics to actually work a complete theory on it.  I often wondered why the pyramids were basically all aligned the way they were, and thought perhaps they could "communicate" with one another.  I recently came across  the book The Lost Teachings of Atlantis by Peniel, and was kind of stunned at the following:

Chapter Nineteen
"The Children of the Law of One Basic Meta-Physics of Science-Magic" continued...
<PREVIOUS PAGE
You may know that almost every watch, and many clocks these days have “quartz movements”. The quartz crystals in these are used to do the opposite of the quartz in the lighters. It’s the same stuff, it’s still quartz crystal, but they use it a different way. In this case, instead of using a vibration (strike) to make electricity, they use electricity (a battery) to make the crystal vibrate. The constant vibration of the quartz, due to applying electricity to it, is the basis for measuring off the seconds minutes and hours. Because the quartz vibrates in a consistent manner, they can count how many times it vibrates per whatever time period, and calculate that to keep time.
All of that is pretty amazing really, but crystals can do much more.
In Atlantis, the Sons of Belial used lasers and geothermal type approaches to create energy to feed their power hungry energy demands. As was mentioned earlier, their power plants were instrumental in the terrible destructive Earth changes that destroyed Atlantis. But the Children were more power conservative - it’s not that they had to “do without”, but they found that the vast amounts of power that exists in the Earth’s bio-field, was plenty for all their needs. So they used crystals not only for healing, but for powering their buildings and their vehicles. The last of the Children’s greatest power plants was the “Great Pyramid” in Egypt. (The Great Pyramid was also used for Initiation - more about that in the chapter on the death experience).
Vishnu, who was an expert on both ancient technology and the present state of the world’s technology, explained more to me about the power of the Great Pyramid in Egypt.
“You have probably heard many things about the bible’s legendary ‘Ark of the Covenant’. If you know about electronic components, (which I did since I was a 5 year old little genius electronics freak) and you read even the worldly bible’s description of the Ark, (which I hadn’t) you will realize that this was a giant electric ‘capacitor’. A capacitor is a device, usually found in an electronic circuit, that stores up electricity to a certain level, then releases it in a burst. This is why the Ark had the reputation that if you touched it or got too close to it you would get zapped by a lightning bolt from God. The size of the Ark as a capacitor, held a charge big enough to make a bolt that would easily kill anyone who got near it - and would kill many people.”

“When I was a child I opened the back of our TV. There was a label on one area that said ‘Warning! High Voltage! Do not Touch!’ To me it was an invitation. So what did I do? I touched it, and I got a shock that sent me flying across the room and slammed into a wall! I later found out it was a capacitor. And it was only about the size of a salt shaker. So I can imagine what a huge thing like the Ark would put out - they probably should have called it the ‘Arc’ instead - you know, like an electric arc?”
“Yes... anyway... only David, in his humility, was able to touch the Ark without being killed.”
“Why?”
“Because of his advanced spiritual development, his energy centers, his chakras, were prepared to deal with such power, and the frequency of the electricity. And of course, with the guidance of the hierarchy, and his destiny, the raw power was transformed and channeled in such a way that it only made for a Kundalini experience, a communing with God, and instead of being killed, he came out of it wiser and more powerful.”
“But you said the Ark was a power device in Egypt in the Great Pyramid, why did David have it and what was he doing with it?”
“It was once the power storage device inside the Great Pyramid, yes. And I will get to that in a moment. But first understand what we started to discuss.
The Pyramid had a layered capstone of copper and custom created quartz crystal from Atlantis. The Pyramid would collect energy from the Earth’s bio-field, and focus it in the Ark. The Ark would release regular bursts of a specific frequency of electrical energy that would be transmuted and transmitted from the crystal capstone. All the Children’s buildings and vehicles had receiver crystals tuned to the Pyramid, and would pick up and change the energy back into usable power. We are still using this here today.

Chapter Nineteen
"The Children of the Law of One Basic Meta-Physics of Science-Magic" continued...
<PREVIOUS PAGE
Now as for your question about how David came into possession of it. Read the texts to get the entire story. But basically, during what they called the Exodus - when Moses freed the Jews in Egypt, the Jews went on a sort of freedom celebration rampage as they left, and took all kinds of Egyptian treasures, taking everything they could on their way out of town. This, which has been omitted greatly in the world’s modern bible, was one of the primary things which incited the Pharaoh to pursue them. And one of the things they took from Egypt, from the Great Pyramid, was...”
“The Ark!”
“Yes. Then of course, over time, knowledge of its original use was lost, they did not understand its power, and attributed it to a power of God, which was quite logical to them. It would strike people down who got near or touched it, and this was easily interpreted by some that it must be some sort of temple God lived in, and only the holiest of people were allowed to get so close to God. And in it, they eventually put the pieces of the commandments Moses brought them, that he smashed in his righteous indignation and despair over their unconsciousness and selfishness.”
“Where is it now?”
“We have a version of one the capacitors here as you know, but the one from the Great Pyramid, is located in a small church in Ethiopia.”
“A small church in Ethiopia??”
“Yes, I know it sounds odd, but there is a good reason. It was brought there by a small contingent of Jewish priests because they held it in very high regard as a holy religious item, and were concerned about it being desecrated or destroyed during an impending invasion.”
“But why Ethiopia?”
“It is a long story, but basically it is because of bonds that had been formed there by the coming together of Solomon, and the ‘queen of Sheba’, who was the ruler of what is now called Ethiopia. Just read about it in the texts when you have time.”
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 04:38:43 pm »

On one occasion a short time after the chapter dealing with the transmission of Electro-magnetic energy by wireless was received, I was shown two immense towers on the planet which are used for the purpose of distributing power throughout the planet. The two towers were very close together, probably 100 yards apart and 100 feet high. They resembled two immense round smoke-stacks, such as are common in our factory districts. The tops of the towers were surmounted by oval caps, transparent as if made from glass, and protected by a system of grill work. While I was intently observing the towers there occurred a blinding flash of light simultaneously from the two oval caps. The surrounding country was covered with high trees, and it was impossible for me to observe the base of the two structures.

I copied this from a book that was written thru a medium.  The entity that provided the information claimed he had a debt to pay from his physical life, and he was allowed to contact his friend and dictate a book.  While this was happening, the "receiver" was given "visions" to help him understand what he was writing about.

I know a lot of people don't believe in the psychic stuff, but I happen to believe it since I'm a bit that way myself, and over the years I've been putting together stuff a bit here and a bit there, and when I finally had a picture in my mind, the pieces come together.  I have read of Tesler's scientific works, and it seems he had this energy system figured out but never built it as he feared humankind would destroy each other with it.
I forgot to mention that the picture is from somewhere else entirely, not of the channelled book.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 06:43:00 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: