Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:38:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 106345 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2007, 12:51:28 am »

If we consider all the discoveries made so far, all the research that's been done by those out there doing the dirty work, and if we also consider the writings of people like the Tibetan Lama, Robsang Lampa, then how can we NOT conclude that there were ancient civilizations at least 75,000 to 100,000 years ago?  Did they call themselves Atlanteans?  Probably not.  That was Plato's word and how he derived it is anyone's guess.  It doesn't seem to mean anything to anyone else. 

For some reason, and I have no explanation for this, I have always thought Atlantis meant land of water.  My own psychic interpretation I suppose.  In Lampa's book, he tells about viewing the Akashic records thru astral travelling.  He tells about the TWO civilizations that existed before the earth had even finished developing, and how they rose to technological heights, and with that technology, destroyed each other, until there were only remnants of terrified, trembling rag-tag people left hiding in caves and tunnels, and that over centuries began the earth's population all over again.  He talks about how these ancient people had "floating cities" (Our cruise ships) that sailed back and forth between the continents.  He says that when this catastrophic war took place, it was over in moments, and that the results were terrible to behold.  The mountains sunk, the land heaved, and then did it all over again.  He says that since then, "Atlantis" is under Tibet. 

Now he either used Atlantis as a reference knowing that people are facinated with that story and it's a word coined by Plato to mean SOMETHING and that something we associate with a sunken civilization, OR my other conjecture is that this learned Egyptian priest was also of the training of the Tibetan monks, and had viewed the Akashic records as did Edgar Cayce.  Since we do not know if Plato coined the word, or if Solon did, or if it was the actual word used by the priest, it seems a little more than co-incidence that the only people who speak as tho there really was such a place, are what we call "psychics".  Altho I tend to think that the priest and Lamas were extremely well educated in these spiritual matters.  Edgar Cayce was given the gift.  Like Cayce said, you don't GO to heaven, you GROW to heaven.  How else but with higher training of the mind?
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2007, 01:15:11 am »

There are only 3 people who speak with assertiveness about a place called Atlantis and all of them speak of this place existing far back in time.

Two of these people are highly trained in the powers of the mind, the other was given the ability of an adept, as a gift. That was Edgar Cayce.

The other two are the learned Egyptian priest who told Solon the story, and Robsang Lampa, the Tibetan Lama who trained for years, as did no doubt the Egyptian priest. (the Great Pyramid, was, afterall, supposedly only for those iniates who had made the grade of Thoth's teachings which was about astral travel, etc.)

Two of the three we understand to have read the Akashic records. I am assuming the third one did also.

Because the priest had no words to describe what he might have seen in the Akashic records, could not describe the great ships or the nuclear weapons etc., he was reduced to calling this great civilization "a great power". Robsang Lampa did not know how to describe it either as he had never left his "monastery" or whatever they call places that Lamas train, until he was older. He did not even know that there were "large carts with wheels, drawn by horses that transported people around" - carriages. Edgar Cayce could describe 'Atomic" devastation but not "nuclear" devastation.

Yet all three of these people talk about this Atlantis civilization. (I'm not giving Plato credit because it wasn't his story)

If these three people are telling what they saw in the Akashic records, then Atlantis existed but it existed over half the globe and it existed about 100,000 years ago. Maybe more. I think Plato added the bit about this war business for entertainment, and didn't bother mentioning how this information about a society that supposedly existed "9,000" years ago would be remembered by ANYONE on earth. They'd only know about it if they were able to "see" the past thru the Akashic records.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 01:53:27 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2007, 01:51:34 am »

We have the Bok Saga which tells about a history kept for 75,000 years but not told to the public until the "80's.  Why?  Because we would not accept it.  Even now, in this modern, forward-thinking society, we cannot accept without fear for some reason, that a society more advanced than ours, existed that far back and we can find no trace.  How can there be traces when everything was vaporized and then sunken and buried under thousands of feet of rock and ocean?

It's kind of like re-incarnation.  We don't remember our past lives because the burden would be too much to bear. 

We say we believe in God, but have no understanding of that concept.  The human mind can't grasp the idea of infinity.  Personally, I think everyone should be trained in the methods of the Lamas.  They live a simple life, taking only what they need and putting back what they can.  Their time is spent in raising their consciousness thru higher and higher levels of "spiritual enlightenment".  Some would call this psychic training, but it goes way beyond that.  It's my understanding that Thoth taught this type of training also and the student who made it to the higher levels was made priest.  Therefore, I assume the priest who told Solon the story was an adept and had read the Akashic records. 

I don't doubt that there is truth in Plato's story as he claims.  But it's not the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Majeston

« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2007, 06:48:41 am »

It's kind of like re-incarnation.  We don't remember our past lives because the burden would be too much to bear. 

No,

actually,  you don't remember it because you never had a past life.

Qoais,  your writings are a bit like the bible and modern science,  a little bit of truth and a lot of garbage.
Report Spam   Logged

"melody has power a whole world to transform."
Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits.
Harmony is the speech of Havona.

http://mercy.urantia.org/papers/paper44.html
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #289 on: October 18, 2007, 10:59:39 am »

Thank you Your Majesty, you're always so broad minded and complimentary.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #290 on: October 18, 2007, 12:05:31 pm »

Hi Qoais,

You brought up some very good points, but aren't you being a bit restrictive with the three-people idea.  What about Ignatius Donnelly, what about Philos, what about HPB, what about Steiner, etc.?  I believe all of these individuals spoke with assertiveness--and insight--about Atlantis.

Tom

There are only 3 people who speak with assertiveness about a place called Atlantis and all of them speak of this place existing far back in time.

Two of these people are highly trained in the powers of the mind, the other was given the ability of an adept, as a gift. That was Edgar Cayce.

The other two are the learned Egyptian priest who told Solon the story, and Robsang Lampa, the Tibetan Lama who trained for years, as did no doubt the Egyptian priest. (the Great Pyramid, was, afterall, supposedly only for those iniates who had made the grade of Thoth's teachings which was about astral travel, etc.)

Two of the three we understand to have read the Akashic records. I am assuming the third one did also.

Because the priest had no words to describe what he might have seen in the Akashic records, could not describe the great ships or the nuclear weapons etc., he was reduced to calling this great civilization "a great power". Robsang Lampa did not know how to describe it either as he had never left his "monastery" or whatever they call places that Lamas train, until he was older. He did not even know that there were "large carts with wheels, drawn by horses that transported people around" - carriages. Edgar Cayce could describe 'Atomic" devastation but not "nuclear" devastation.

Yet all three of these people talk about this Atlantis civilization. (I'm not giving Plato credit because it wasn't his story)

If these three people are telling what they saw in the Akashic records, then Atlantis existed but it existed over half the globe and it existed about 100,000 years ago. Maybe more. I think Plato added the bit about this war business for entertainment, and didn't bother mentioning how this information about a society that supposedly existed "9,000" years ago would be remembered by ANYONE on earth. They'd only know about it if they were able to "see" the past thru the Akashic records.

Report Spam   Logged
Majeston

« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2007, 12:24:06 pm »

Thank you Your Majesty, you're always so broad minded and complimentary.

Smiley

No,  not really.

But,  I am truthful.
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #292 on: October 18, 2007, 12:26:46 pm »

Sorry Tom, don't take everything I say as being written in stone.  

I probably should have said that it's my opinion these 3 people........................

I've read Ignatius Donnelly and did not deduct that he was psychic, but that he was doing physical research.  

I know I do babble as my thoughts come tumbling and my fingers don't keep up.  Some of what I say probably is garbage, because even I will revise what I've thought before.  I'm sure everyone does.  

I couldn't possibly post everything I've ever read, because it's rather extensive, it's just that from all that I've read whether in books, or here in the forum, or elsewhere, it came to me that the explanation of Atlantis was fairly simple.  If a decimal was displaced in Plato's writings, it wasn't to make it 1009 years instead of 9.000.  It was to make it 9,ooo instead of 90,000.  Plato is saying this story is true, but no one would believe it was true if he said 90,000 years ago. (or maybe in his time they would, but the interpreters didn't and changed it)  It's possible they would believe 9,000 as Atalante has explained that this is a number common to the Egyptians for spiritual lifetimes.   However, even at 9,000 years, there would be no one alive that would "remember" Atlantis, or the world tilting on it's axis, stoppintg it's rotation and then revolving in the opposite direction as told by Robsang Lampa.  Nor would there be anything much of a complete history left in tact, written down somewhere altho Lampa does say that he and several other Lamas discovered a cave high in the mountains of Tibet that holds artifacts from this time.  

So, either there were"gods" with extended lifetimes that remembered the past and wrote it down for posterity after the cataclysm, or the information was accessed thru the Akashic records.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I'm not a scientist, I'm not a learned scholar with a doctorate in anything.  I just like to use the brains God gave me to think for myself and try to use logic to figure things out.  I can't quote ancient Egyptian history like Atalante, I can't explain the time-space continuum and the 5th dimension like Wireless Guru.  But I CAN understand these things when they're explained to me.  Then I try to use what I've learned to come to a logical conclusion. 

We've all known, as have people down thru the ages, that there is no substantiating evidence for "Plato's Atlantis".  That's why we're still looking Cheesy  WHY are we still looking?  Because deep down inside we want to believe it existed, and we're afraid of the truth, that it could have existed 90,000 to 100,000 years or more ago.  Georgeous got upset if someone suggested Plato made a mistake.  Ok, I can see that.  Plato was well educated, intelligent and wouldn't likely make any glaring mistakes.  Would Solon?  Not likely there either.  Would the Priest?  Absolutely not - his knowledge was more precious that anything Solon or Plato thought they knew.  So if the story wasn't fabricated, and no one was mistaken, then it had to be the truth.  How to figure it out?

Some people don't believe in the ability of raising one's consciousness to the higher levels of the Lamas.  Some people, like Majeston, don't believe in re-incarnation etc. etc.  To be open minded about a diversity of subjects, allows one to think way outside the box. (I hate that expression). 

The point is  - there is no one alive now, or in Solon's times, that was alive in Atlantis (except thru re-incarnation) (Majeston, you know perfectly well that the personality returns to God and he sends it out again)  There is no one who has a "living" memory of it, neither then nor now.  So where did the knowledge come from?  Our scientists say writing wasn't developed untill such and such a time, and that time certainly isn't dated to 9,000-11,000 years ago.  So if there was no writing 9000 years ago, where did the information come from for the priests to have a record of it? 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 12:55:29 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #293 on: October 18, 2007, 12:56:19 pm »

Qoais,

I hope you didn't think I was trying to "bust your chops."  I do not take any of the sources mentioned as being written in stone.  Plato himself has inconsistencies.  That's why no one will ever find Atlantis exactly as described in Timaeus and Critias.  Cayce has inconsistencies, as well.  Even the Bible has inconsistencies.  But that doesn't mean that we should toss any of these sources on the trash heap.  There is much good that we can learn from them.  I can find many parallels, which act as corroborating evidence, in my opinion.

Tom

Sorry Tom, don't take everything I say as being written in stone.  

I probably should have said that it's my opinion these 3 people........................

I've read Ignatius Donnelly and did not deduct that he was psychic, but that he was doing physical research.  

I know I do babble as my thoughts come tumbling and my fingers don't keep up.  Some of what I say probably is garbage, because even I will revise what I've thought before.  I'm sure everyone does.  

I couldn't possibly post everything I've ever read, because it's rather extensive, it's just that from all that I've read whether in books, or here in the forum, or elsewhere, it came to me that the explanation of Atlantis was fairly simple.  If a decimal was displaced in Plato's writings, it wasn't to make it 1009 years instead of 9.000.  It was to make it 9,ooo instead of 90,000.  Plato is saying this story is true, but no one would believe it was true if he said 90,000 years ago. (or maybe in his time they would, but the interpreters didn't and changed it)  It's possible they would believe 9,000 as Atalante has explained that this is a number common to the Egyptians for spiritual lifetimes.   However, even at 9,000 years, there would be no one alive that would "remember" Atlantis, or the world tilting on it's axis, stoppintg it's rotation and then revolving in the opposite direction as told by Robsang Lampa.  Nor would there be anything much of a complete history left in tact, written down somewhere altho Lampa does say that he and several other Lamas discovered a cave high in the mountains of Tibet that holds artifacts from this time.  

So, either there were"gods" with extended lifetimes that remembered the past and wrote it down for posterity after the cataclysm, or the information was accessed thru the Akashic records.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2007, 01:07:18 pm »

No Tom, I understood you. 

I know history has been handed down orally for thousands of years.  In the Bok Saga, it says this is a history of 75,000 years.  There is now proof that people lived in caves in Finland 75,000 years ago.  And yet, Atlantis seems to have existed 25,000 years before that. 

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #295 on: October 18, 2007, 02:19:27 pm »

Just to clarify a tiny point - it would not have been the priest who told Solon the story that had originally written the story.  Whoever wrote the story of posterity would have been the one who had visited the Akashic records.

OR

it WAS a "god" who managed to build the pyramid and train priests up in the mindal development so they too could access this information and keep a record of the past for future generations.  No doubt this would be Thoth.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #296 on: October 18, 2007, 02:30:48 pm »

No, Q.

I believe that the story was inscribed by the original 'refugees' from Atlantis (or whatever it

was called by them).  I believe it forms part of the Hall of Records 'record'.

Does anyone know if the CORNERSTONE  of the Sphinx has ever been uncovered (freed from

sand) in modern times?  This cornerstone is supposed to be at 'bare rock' level and it's inscribed

with the history of the carving of the Sphinx, why it was carved and the name of the man to

whom it was dedicated.  The original face was his.

It says so in EGYPT AT THE TIME OF RA TA (Atlantis in the New Age) - second page

Post 26 - Reading #953 - 24 / 6/12/26
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2007, 02:46:57 pm »

Hi B, that is quite possible, but the 9000 years would be the correct number then, not 1009.  I have only ever read where one of the Pharoah's had removed the sand from the sphinx as he was "guided" to do, but I THINK it was to the base, and not below to the actual foundations. There were other Pharoah's that re-chisled it and fixed it but I don't know that they removed the sand.  One found the chamber beneath the Sphinx but I don't think he removed all the sand either.

I know the Cayce readings tell of the refugees from Atlantis going to Egypt and to S. America.  I know he says there were 3 waves of exodus.  But there is one reading, and I can't quote which one it is, that has stuck in my head for years and years.  It's the one about where, after years of trying, that "finally, a perfect human child was born in Egypt" without wierd appendages.  I have a sneaking suspicion that the Atlanteans were amphibious. Oannes.

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/calendar/oannes.html

Kind of fits in with the Sumerian texts and Enki playing god with our genetic code.  Which of course, leads us right back to where did the Atlateans come from in the first place, or maybe, where did WE come from that we developed so differently and yet they could breed with our women?  Does this lead us back to the stories of the African tribes, of beings that came from a different star system and landed in the water?  And supposedly, Enki and Ea and all their entourage came from a different planet as well.  Curiouser and curiouser!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 04:03:38 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2007, 04:12:35 pm »

I can just see some egotistical Pharoah in the past, who thinks he's a decendant of a god, and then realizes his patriach was a fish, running out to the Sphinx and re-carving it in his own image!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 07:01:15 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Majeston

« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2007, 07:10:42 pm »

I know I do babble.....  Some of what I say probably is garbage,..... 

.....  However, even at 9,000 years, there would be no one alive that would "remember" Atlantis, or the world tilting on it's axis, stoppintg it's rotation and then revolving in the opposite direction as told by Robsang Lampa. 

\ Then I try to use what I've learned to come to a logical conclusion. 

Some people don't believe in the ability of raising one's consciousness to the higher levels of the Lamas.  Some people, like Majeston, don't believe in re-incarnation etc. etc.  To be open minded about a diversity of subjects, allows one to think way outside the box. (I hate that expression). 

The point is  - there is no one alive now, or in Solon's times, that was alive in Atlantis (except thru re-incarnation) (Majeston, you know perfectly well that the personality returns to God and he sends it out again)  There is no one who has a "living" memory of it, neither then nor now.  So where did the knowledge come from?  Our scientists say writing wasn't developed untill such and such a time, and that time certainly isn't dated to 9,000-11,000 years ago.  So if there was no writing 9000 years ago, where did the information come from for the priests to have a record of it? 

Qoais,

I know you think you are some kind of "logical" savant,  but,  Your mind is so full of garbage that it will take a freakin barge to unload it all and sort it out. Logic will not help.   What you need is a fresh start.  You,  of course,  have heard the term "everything you know is wrong".  You are like the bible.  There is some truth there but it is saturated with so much error that you really need to throw the whole thing away and start from scratch.  Without a map of truth no-one can sort it out.

We are very lucky to be living in an age where there really is truth to be had in many of these matters of Spirit and even in matters of materiality.
You apparently haven't realized it yet,  but about 100 years ago the whole world changed.  In fact what happened was that what man has been searching for since beginning his development here finally happened.   I know it appears bland by some standards,  perhaps not even exciting like sex,  drugs,  and rock & roll,  but it was something far greater.  Eternity became a reality and all the real answers man has been searching for got answered.  Mankind was no longer a cosmic orphan and words like maybe,  perhaps,  possibly, etc,  became obsolete for those with the gift or the help to recognize true revelation. 

2000 years ago another revelation happened and many did not recognize it.   I don't mean Jesus,  the man,  because he was localized.
But,  with Jesus came his spirit,  the Spirit of Truth to everyone and simultaneously God's spirit,  the Thought Adjuster was also bestowed.  I know this sounds a little bit intangible but that is what happened.  It didn't happen with Mohammad or with Moses or with Buddha or anyone else.  It only happened with the Jesus bestowal.
trivia.

Only with a cosmic viewpoint from above could the extraordinary event be seen.  Kind of like the forest through the trees analogy.  The new generations who received these extraordinary spiritual gifts could not really tell the difference between them and their forefathers,  but it was like they weren't playing with a full deck before.  The angels and other beings of higher order of course could see the difference like they could see black from white.  Of course,  we can't see them unless they want us to,  but that's another story.

The real point of this is that now another epochal revelation happened.  The fifth in the series spanning over 500,000 years,  and there will be more later.  This one though,  happened in your lifetime.  I don't know what speed you are traveling at my dear,  but I have 40 years behind me in my journey with this (20 of them somewhat serious)  and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. 

Anyway,  I'm gonna cut this short.

There is no reincarnation the way Eastern Mysticism believes it in the popular way.  This is the first life for everyone here.  After this there is what you might call reincarnation,  I believe about 570 times before you are pure spirit,  each one becoming less material.  More trivia.
The earth never shifted on it's axis and flipped which is total b.s.
Writing has been here since Caligastia 500,000 years ago and the so-called Akashic records although they do exist in both living and material form are not something that one accesses so readily if at all.  I made reference to the places in the UB at wikipedia (if it's still there) which describes the phenomenon.

I hope this finds you well Qoais but I find it difficult to have a satisfying discussion with you about these matters because you are such a novice.  I'm not a good teacher and my patience wears thin quickly,  which causes me to offend many people,  especially when they regurgitate garbage back at me in exchange for pearls.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: