Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 04:20:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102451 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2007, 02:01:20 am »

I have been thinking a lot lately about this "location of Atlantis" problem.

It seems to me that the whole placement of Atlantis hinges on that one statement of Plato"s that is argued over so much:

Did he say the size of Libya and Asia - or did he say Between Libya and Asia? 

It seems the ancient Greek is a tricky language, with all kinds of nuances and different meanings, so if it could be determined that he actually said "Between" Libya and Asia, then it would certainly narrow the target area down to something manageable. 

I also wondered if the priest wasn't subtely hinting that ancient, ancient Egypt was actually part of Atlantis.  If he said "between" Libya and Asia, then there is only two places it could be.  Egypt or Arabia.  Now I'm not a scholar on this stuff, but I kind of gathered that Egypt and Arabia were populated by the same culture for years and years, or perhaps I should say similar cultures, and that the peoples mixed with each other for centuries. 

Now I know Blue Hue is hard to understand sometimes, but I got to thinking about some of the things he said, (trying to sort the wheat from the chaff), and I was thinking that if the priest wasn't being subtle, what WAS he saying?  If he said "between" Libya and Asia, knowing full well that Egypt is between Libya and Asia, was he referring to his own country in the distant past?  Doesn't really sound like it because he also says that they, and all those within the area were grateful to be released from Atlantean rule. (Although that could be part of the priest's subtle talk too - especially if he was a true Egyptian and didn't like the rule of the Atlanteans) So if he meant Arabia, one would think he'd just say Arabia, since he knew that country existed also. 

So logically, just from other things Plato has said, it would seem that he DIDN'T know the location of Atlantis, other than in general terms, but he DID get the description down in detail.  Since the priest would have known of Arabia, and Solon would have known of Arabia, and Plato too, then it seems to me the writings would have mentioned the place by name.  But since the location is the part that's so controversial, I personally think he did mean somewhere west of Gibralter.  Neither he nor Solon had travelled outside the Med. say to England where the tin came from, and yet they knew tin came from up there somewhere.  But they couldn't give a location for Atlantis.  Therefore, it seems to me, that it could well have been an island in the Atlantic, or it was in the Americas.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
DDDnD3D

« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2007, 12:25:03 am »

*** Personally Im PLAY[toe]'d out ! ! !  I dont want to PLAY [toe] this game anymore ! ! !  Technically America is Between Libya and Asia according to current Atlas's?     Qoais are you near the Balloon Crash?       d.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2007, 11:15:36 am »

Hi 3D
Yes, it was just down the road a ways.  We knew something really big had happened because there were tons of police cars, and fire engines roaring by that evening, but we didn't know what it was until the morning.  It was pretty horrendous.  We've had them come down in our field before, but this is the first time one crashed.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

julia

« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2007, 07:55:26 pm »

Dear Qoais:
yemen is between Libya(Africa) and Asia too..
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2007, 10:02:06 pm »

All rightie then Julia, will you do me a favor?  will you take a shot in Google earth ( you do have it right?) with a marker showing 2 things.  One, show the mountain that is called Atlas that Blue Hue is referring to, and mark the place where he says the Pillar of Heracles was (not Gibralter) and I will try to do a work up on this theory, and compare it to some other stuff.  I don't have time to go over Blue Hue's notes right now (I'm still trying to get this car done and everything is going wrong all of a sudden) but if you could just post me a picture with those two locations marked, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Q
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

julia

« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2007, 10:18:06 pm »

You didnt do the car yet?? Qoais..You are being lazy. Cheesy By the way I dont even know (I noticed now) What the name "Qoais" means.I thought it is in the greek mythology but I couldnt find It ,Dear qoais, As if I have lots of Time. :DBut, Ill look for it for you today The mount Atlas..Bluehue is right about the story of Garden of Eden..It is either In Aden or like Titeia saidit si in SudanBecause those myths even exist in Indian mythology(This s another prove that Indo-Aryan people originated from Egypt) I didnt see your message before because.I was watching TV and I forgot to log out.I wasnt here..sorry
Greetings with love and peace
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2007, 11:05:36 pm »

Dear Qoais: I found several pages along this:
In every page mount Atlas is in Africa(libya) presumably Perseus1 wanted to enter in atlas`garden of hesperides, Atlas didnt allow him, so perseus 1  showed him medusas head he became stone(Atlas mount)..
There are many pages of myths
here is one:
http://homepage.mac.com/cparada/GML/ThreeAncestors.html
So, There must be two Atlas es.because one of them is descendent of Tantalus..either descendent of tantalus went to  Africa or thereare two atlases..
the trojans are alsodescendent of Atlas.
In the same page:
--------------------------------------------------------

The Trojans

The Trojans were also descendants of Atlas. Dardanus 1, son of Electra 3, daughter of Atlas, is at the beginning of the house of Troy, for Dardanus 1 is father of Erichthonius 1, father of Tros 1 (after whom the Trojans are called), father of Ilus 2 (founder of Ilium, that is, Troy), father of Laomedon 1, father of Priam 1, who was king when the city was destroyed.
-------------------------------------------------------------

So, I dont know any,ore, thats why I am so confused abouth this Atlantis issue because City of Troy(The maquet of city) looks exactly like ATlantis.Montexano says it was in Spain..how come ATlas es descendents could be in troy?? SO, in this case theTrojans must came from Spain??But Troy was destroyed About 2000BC or something.I am really confused.This myths has a lot of origins.because under the names There is yapetus also..
Either this real Atlantis was in the west(spain or north Africa)And The people from there came to Anatolia(could be Etruscans) or this is the same thing in the Bible, just corropted and mixed up with the European stories..because the names in the greek myths are similar to middle eastern myths.Like I said Greeks are a Mix up people of sons of Yaphet and the original inhabitants of old greece(pelasgians)) and plus phoenicans..And all those myths are mixed up and we see the result.thas why I dont belive in Plato.

Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2007, 12:25:54 am »

Hi Julia,
I know, I was  very confused about Atlantis also, (still am) but there are some things that can be ruled out, while others need a lot of research.  I find that the more I study, the more I find there are different interpretations to things.  Not just WHAT Plato said, but how he said it, that certain things don't mean the same thing today, etc.  AND, as for all those TRIBES and HOUSES, and KINGS, I just can't grasp it all Grin

For instance, somewhere in Plato, he says something about "from these islands you can get to the real continent" or something like that.  So.....we right away jump to the conclusion that you HAD to use these islands to get to the continent.  But maybe, that isn't it at all. Maybe it was just ANOTHER way to get to the continent.  Like a short cut, if you're travelling by boat.  Then, there is the bit about "nesos".  We know all the things "nesos could mean, but we also have an "island" of land, being created by rivers on all it's boudaries such as Meroe.  And this could be what Plato meant also, but who knows for sure?  Seems to me, Plato was just too ambiguous for the story to be real.  I mean, here's a guy that's highly intelligent, super educated, is a philosopher etc., and yet he can't be more specific in the details of his story.  Perhaps he just was telling a story of his ideal state afterall.

If it wasn't for the fact that I have a lot of faith in Edgar Cayce, I think I would decide in favor of Atlantis never having existed Tongue

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

docyabut

« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2007, 07:04:36 am »

Qoais  qoute-If it wasn't for the fact that I have a lot of faith in Edgar Cayce, I think I would decide in favor of Atlantis never having existed.

I to have a lot of faith in Cayce I was raised on his readings, and even knew a women that had a reading by him ,however to understand Cayce`s Atlantis  one has to understand Cayce , to him Atlantis was the whole world`s spirituality of the atlas ( the world) from its beginnings to well into the future.

reading364-3  he talks of war like influences, not like others in the universe.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2007, 09:46:23 am »

Hi Docyabut
If Atlantis was a "spirituality" instead of a place, then the A.R.E. is spending a lot of money looking for something that isn't tangible.

Cayce said that when Atlantis broke up (this obviously being a real place) some of the Atlanteans went to Egypt and some to the western world.  In a lot of his readings he says "in the Atlantean land when..."  or "in Egypt when..."    He is referring to places.  He talks about the two different mind sets, the Sons of Belial and the Sons of Light.

Cayce said Atlantis would rise again and to look off the coast of Bimini.  Again, he is referring to a place.

My Cayce books seem to have gone missing so I can't look up the reading you quote, unless you can refer me to it on-line somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 09:55:45 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2007, 10:06:28 am »

IT'S ALL HERE:

E.C. THE SLEEPING PROPHET
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,366.0.html

E.C.'s COMPLETE ATLANTIS READINGS:
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,2125.0.html

E.C.'s STORY OF ATLANTIS
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,367.0.html

THE THREE HALLS OF RECORDS
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,630.0.html

E.C. - MIGRATION FROM ATLANTIS
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,422.0.html
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:16:06 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2007, 10:11:12 am »

Thanks Bianca, I'll check it out Smiley

Now, here's a question posted by someone else, somewhere else.

Regarding the ancient maps, eg: Piri Reis, if he was copying from ancient maps, and could show that Antartica existed (which supposedly was not covered in ice - how long ago?) why does the map not show the location of Atlantis?

Don't the scientists say that the south pole was ice free 10,000 years ago?  If so, then Atlantis still existed when the south was free of ice and should be on the map as well.

If it IS on the map, which present country was then Atlantis?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:44:47 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2007, 10:51:13 am »

Edgar Cayce 364.3

3. The position as the continent Atlantis occupied, is that as between the Gulf of Mexico on the one hand - and the Mediterranean upon the other. Evidences of this lost civilization are to be found in the Pyrenees and Morocco on the one hand, British Honduras, Yucatan and America upon the other. There are some protruding portions within this that must have at one time or another been a portion of this great continent. The British West Indies or the Bahamas, and a portion of same that may be seen in the present - if the geological survey would be made in some of these - especially, or notably, in Bimini and in the Gulf Stream through this vicinity, these may be even yet determined.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

julia

« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2007, 11:17:40 am »

Well, I dont believe Edgar Cayce also.I think he was aFraud.may be he learned somehow those things(from urantia book etc) and he popped up as a prophet.
They say there was some secret teachings of the free masons about Atlantis.may be this all kept as a secret and now coming out.I think Bluehue learned from them too.It must be some book belongs to the freemasons kept as a secret, and now they explain everything slowly.(Zitchin is one of them) because he cannot readsumerian texts.he must have learnedall those things from somewhere else.
Report Spam   Logged
Titiea

« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2007, 12:38:55 pm »

Dear Qoais,

You said :
One, show the mountain that is called Atlas that Blue Hue is referring to, and mark the place where he says the Pillar of Heracles was (not Gibralter)

Please find below the situation of Ras Dejen  = Atlas in Ethiopia Semien mountains. I think these mountains were the Herakles Pillars, as they are not far from the Straits of Bab-el-Mandeb at the exit of Red Sea opening in the Indian Ocean.

Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: