Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:34:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102103 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2070 on: June 16, 2010, 07:45:50 pm »

Paulo, you're talking about the English language.  Plato spoke in Greek.  Just because the English language uses certain endings depending on the spelling of the original word, doesn't mean the Greeks did. 

I live in British Columbia, which is on the Pacific Coast.  I'm not called a Pacifican.  I'm called a British Columbian.  The native Indians are called by their tribal name - Haida, Musqueam, etc.  Not Pacificans.  You are making this up.

Tell me, for I've asked many times, where is the evidence for a culture from 11,500 years ago that had ocean going vessels?  Especially ones that could break the ice as they traveled, for in those times, the earth was still experiencing the last ice age.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Paulo Riven

« Reply #2071 on: June 17, 2010, 03:12:12 am »

Your called a modern age subjugation extortionist name that is not native to BC or Canada. A province is not an ethnic classification, although the "slang" may be used. Aside of Pacificean, you are Canadian first and foremost before any provincial name of elitist banking conspiracies of rusted crowns.

Do you actualy tell people that you are a British Columbian or that you live in BC? I would hope the latter!
I guess foreigners would ask if you were born in Britain and raised in Columbia, S.America? Smiley

You are very well a part of Pacific cultures just like everyone else living on or around the Pacific Ocean irregardless of what you want to call yourself, other than your birth right nationality.

British are Atlanteans.

Funny that they were wise enough to call the European Sea, the MediterranEAN rather than Mediterrantic?
Commonly when people say Pacific cultures, they think Polynesian, Indonesian or the Japanese and Chinese.
Not True because the western shores of the Americas also are Pacific cultures in truth.

Universities, like Wikipedia also use the term Pacific or Atlantic Cultures.
Pacific cultures; Minnesota State University
http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/cultural/oldworld/pacific.html

Here's a google search link for Pacific Cultures;
http://www.google.ca/search?q=pacific+cultures&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&redir_esc=&ei=m8cZTOrqDpH-NaHSvOgF

As stated, Cultures can have many different meanings from tribal classifications, cuisine, arts, knowledge, microbiological, bacterial, diseases, virals, etc.
And what do we find in this ingeniously invented name? The word Cult.
I guess us diseased ones of secret societies should join the Cult of the Vultures!
Then again, when you wake up, you'll see much darkness hidden in the light, it's been the Dark Ages all along!
That word is one of many "archaic" inventions like War and World go hand in hand or live is evil or dog is god!

Sorry to get offtrack. Oops, theres another one of those pyschological implants...off track.

We all need to make up new and positive words for a more prosperous future led astray by Holly's Woods or Wiccan Pedias if you get my meaning.

I can't tell you for sure if there was or wasn't ocean going ships or even an ice age for the matter. Who knows what really happened? Everything is a best guess. Maybe they all nuked themselves like we're headed for and had to start over as cave people or maybe their was a tremendous earth shift that wiped everything out and buried it deep within the oceans? Maybe our Continents today were once under water and rose, providing a new and mysterious world for us while the other ones sank with our old modern world?

Who knows? Mainstream puppets?
I like thinking outside of the box, it's more fun.

Further to your ships of 9570.bC, I tried to expain to you that this is only the timeline for the Atlantis legend as it PROGRESSED SUCCESSIVELY on the scene as Critias said.
Most educated Atlantis researchers know that the war could not have happened until AFTER the founding of Egypt. Right?

And the Greatest Destruction parallels the Biblical Flood, or the Third Before Deukalion, meaning that it was actualy closer to our time when Atlantis was at her height just before the war happened.

The Ships as stated by our "mainstream" are common from 3000-4000.bC.

Doesn't that go with everything I have been trying to tutor along with the generational theory and consideration of Egypt's methods of chronology?

Somewhere within that time period or around 4000.bC should be the war and your ships, Qoais.

BC is the most beautiful place in Canada and warm year round with very little snow.
No more 40-50 below winters, eh!

Goodday eh, have a Kokanee.
By the way, did you know 9000 year old beer is available there somewhere?

Maybe it's an Atlantean recipe? Just kidding, it's from a Chinese archaeological site.
Then again, wonder where the Chinese came from and how they got Chestnut trees and Setaria grass like the Americas. Smiley

Land ho! Atlanteans! Drop Anchor!

Did you that the Atlantean Portuguese settled 1/3rd of this world before and around Columbus?
Look at Portugal today!
Zeitgeist sugjugations just like the Queen of England Eli - ZA - Beth and the Dark Prince Charles who serve the Red Dragon.

Good Morning Qoais, take a stroll to Stanley Park, enjoy the beach while your there in beautiful BC.

Pacificeans is a nice name, like Atlanteans.

Difference being Atlanteans are in meaning "Foremost Earthland People".

Wonder why that IS?

Report Spam   Logged

[R]...Riven The Seer and Royal Bloodline to Atlantis...[R]

New! Tribes of Atlantis Academy of Atlantis Research Forums; http://tribesofatlantis.freeforum.ca/index.php
Website; https://sites.google.com/site/tribesofatlantis/
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #2072 on: June 17, 2010, 06:20:55 am »

Question:  If Qoais lives on the Pacific coast, wouldn't she more properly be considered a Lemurian?  I'm just trying to follow the logic here.

Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2073 on: June 18, 2010, 01:02:24 am »

Logic??

Difference being Atlanteans are in meaning "Foremost Earthland People".

Really?  I thought Atlanteans were supposedly the descendants or shall we say, family, of Atlas.  Atlanteans - of the land of Atlas.  I think they were Foremost waterliving people, since Poseidon is King of the Sea and supposedly lived there.  Since he's the great grandpappy of all Atlanteans, they were foremostly aquatic types, wouldn't you say? Smiley  There were other gods too, as Plato mentions how they divided up the earth amongst themselves - what about their offspring with human wives?  They would be Foremost Earthland People more than Poseidon's get would be. He seems to be the only one living in the sea.  He must have been able to live on land as well.  I wonder what type of breathing system he had and if his offspring inherited the ability to breathe underwater.  I think the stupidest thing I ever heard in my life, is that people with purple (violet I guess )eyes, can breathe underwater.   Cheesy  If I'm related, I demand to know why I can't breathe underwater.  

Poseidon - if he ever existed - was not really a creature that could live in the sea, and yet breed with humans.  So right from the get-go, we see that this story isn't true, starting with a supposed "god" that had dual citizenship ( ha ha ha) Earthlandian and Aquatarian - how's that?  So if there was no such creature to start with, how did this made up entity breed and have children and live in a land called Atlantis?  

Maybe the Oannes were some of Poseidon's offspring from a different wife/concubine!!  

Regarding the time line.

First of all Paulo, you say there's a time frame differential.  You say, of course we know Atlantis had to exist later in time because Plato says there were ships, and we know ships weren't invented until much later than 11,500 years ago.  

THAT'S THE POINT.  It's Plato's story.  He's making it up, and doesn't know the history of ships.  People say Plato was clever, Plato wouldn't make mistakes.  If you're making something up, there is no such thing as a mistake, because you can make up whatever you want to and place it in any time line you want to.  It's not real, so it doesn't have to be factual.  How could Plato have known that the earth was covered in ice thousands of years in the past?  He couldn't. So even if there's a time difference of a thousand years, he still didn't know the earth was covered in ice, he didn't know ships hadn't been developed yet, he didn't know people were still hunter/gatherers at that time and so forth.  He deliberately placed the story in that time line, BECAUSE it was a story.  If he would have tried to tell a factual story for the celebration, we would never have heard of Atlantis.  He would have used something else as inspiration and maybe told of a war that could be traced back in history.  BUT, that would not win any prizes at a story telling contest would it?  
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Paulo Riven

« Reply #2074 on: June 19, 2010, 06:50:32 pm »

Poseidon or properly Neptune is simply the God of the Ocean. You know as well as I that the term of Poseidon founding the island of Atlantis is simply identifying her birth in the Atlantic Ocean as an island.
Much like we could say a God named Vulcan creates islands in oceans or seas, meaning Volcanos.

Atlas also identifies with the island of Atlantis as verified by the fact that the first person to mention Atlas was Homer who said he had an island in the Atlantic where his daughter Circe resided. The script says that Atlas gave his name to the island of Atlantis and the Atlantic Ocean, and we can obviously also presume the reason for the Atlas Mountain of Morocco be named. Not that Atlas is Moroccoan, Libyan, Arcadian, Greek or even Anatolian, but rather identifies specifically with Atlantis.

Atlas means At-Lao or Foremost of the People. (laos = people)
To be more precise, Foremost Ruler of The People since he was the first Twin King.
I have already explained this also in the Egyptian terms of HAt for foremost and Hatja (Hati-a) as "Foremost ruler" for the Egyptians. The HAt part translates into AT for the Greeks, like Athribis.

As you can see Atlanteans also follows Atlas as Foremost of Earth's People and in accordance with the Atlantean scriptures.

Oannes could have been either Atlantean King Evanor (Euannor) or his offspring who gave the Sumerians that name to preserve, or he could have been Pharaoh Menes. Aeon is also the first God king of Phoenicia ca3100.bC and around Menes, that can be compared to either Menes or Evanor. (AEuan/Aeon).

Plato wrote what Critias said. I don't recall anyone talking about the history of ships, other than mentioning that ships and voyages were not heard of, or using the "modern" terminology of triremes by Critias so the audience could have a better visual experience.
I had already mentioned that Ships are commonly thought to have been between 3000 and 4000.bC, not 11,500 years ago where boats were more prevailant.

Where does Plato say that the earth was covered in ice?

Wrong. The Allegory is Socrates' theme of an ideal state. This is the ficitional part of fantasy combined with reality for that purpose. That was the whole purpose of the event at the Amphitheatre ca.420.bC where Plato may have even attended as a young child. Then Timaeus goes on with his brilliant account of the Universe and Physics. Definitely a story telling contest worthy of First prize that would have been captured by the FACT that Critias' mind was TRIGGERED to recall (Mnemosyne) an actual and true event the was befitting of the Allegorical theme of Socrates, not Plato!

Socrates even admits that to his amazement! " what has the advantage of being a fact and worthy of this celebration".

As you can see it is clear that the festival consisted of both an Allegory and Factual Truth.
Why would Plato preserve or even write and Allegory and tell you it's true and factual?

Mainstream muppets don't look at those words True and Factual.
That being the case, I guess every hollywood, cartoon or disney movie should start off with "Based on a True Story" if people are that naive!

The timeline is 9570.bC - 570.bC that includes a progressive summary of historical generations including to the era of an advanced state with ships somewhere after 4500.bC. We envision that Pharaoh Menes had liberated Egypt by 3000.bC and unified the two lands. By 2000.bC, Knossos and Phoenicia appear liberated, although this may also be around 3000.bC since trade was common between the Minoans, Egypt and Phoenicia and no major wars recorded after or around that time other than Libyan wars between the Egyptians who subjugated the Libyan Atlantean Delta of Maerea. The biggest Greek Battles aside of The Battle of Ares, the Titans and Olympians, or the Eleusian wars, would have been the Battle of Troy and the Battle of Xerxes.

Somewhere between 3000-4500.bC must have been the Atlantean war and Great Disaster. There is a wealth of geological data for 3250.bC on the internet or in my website, however, this could be 800 - 1000 years off and around 4200.bC. We also know this because the Babylonian and Sumerian states of UR arose around 3000.bC also and could not have been after 2350.bC for the theosophic erroneous view of the Great flood that the destruction of Atlantis and the entire Mediterranean also identifies with.

Report Spam   Logged

New! Tribes of Atlantis Academy of Atlantis Research Forums; http://tribesofatlantis.freeforum.ca/index.php
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2075 on: June 20, 2010, 03:39:34 am »

As you can see Atlanteans also follows Atlas as Foremost of Earth's People and in accordance with the Atlantean scriptures.

What Atlantean scriptures? 
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2076 on: June 20, 2010, 03:43:29 am »

Poseidon or properly Neptune is simply the God of the Ocean. You know as well as I that the term of Poseidon founding the island of Atlantis is simply identifying her birth in the Atlantic Ocean as an island.
Much like we could say a God named Vulcan creates islands in oceans or seas, meaning Volcanos.

So there's no such person, just like I said.  So if there is no such person, how could that non-person have offspring? 
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Paulo Riven

« Reply #2077 on: June 24, 2010, 08:30:15 pm »

My apologies for using a stronger word like "scriptures" Qoais. After all they are sacred to us Atlantean believers just like Sacred Registers of Neith's Temples where they were stored prior to the first dynasty. Obviously you know what that means.
The Timaeus and Critias are the modern Atlantean records or scriptures.

To be honest we don't know for a fact if Poseidon or properly Neptune was based upon a real person. Perhaps someone who invented the boat and loved sailing the oceans like Thor Hayerdahl?

Myths,allegories,stories and legends are all combined with Truth and lies.

The difficult part is separating the truth from the lie and by combining them both it is easier to accept the lie as truth...Zeitgeist you know!

The allegory is Socrates theme of an ideal state, the Truth is Plato's testimony of Atlantis.

The biggest Atlantean sporting event is tomorrow. Christian Ronaldo and Portugal vs Brazil, our Atlantean cousins. Smiley

P.S. How do you think Schliemann discovered Troy and Mycenae? Doe a Greek Myth by Homer spring to mind?

Someday, somewhere, somehow, someone will find........

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:33:40 pm by Paulo Riven » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2078 on: June 27, 2010, 11:01:58 am »

In the polling thread, Atlantis Polls and News there is the question, Was Atlantis Real?

It was suggested that the first criteria would be to agree where Atlantis was located in the first place.

It seems most people are of the mind that it WAS out in the Atlantic and there are different opinions about which flood Plato is referring to.

It doesn't matter which flood WE are trying to apply to the story because there was no flood.  Plato did not say the ocean rose up and flooded Atlantis.  He said she SUNK.  There is quite a difference.  He also said the Athenian warriors went down as well.  The history of Greece had been lost several times due to weather conditions and flooding from the rains that came down from the skies, but Egypt stays dry because her water is supplied from underground.  Still is. The floods of Greece are common enough occurrences it seems, for the times in history for them to have happened,  to be named after someone famous and remembered in the histories (Deucalion for example).

So - let's pretend Atlantis was out in the ocean. We would have to accept that there was a major tectonic movement of some sort that caused the bottom of the ocean to open up and swallow an island the size of a continent.  Science has shown that didn't happen.  Atlantis supposedly had super high mountains.  Yet Plato says that all that is left, is shoals of mud.  Meaning Atlantis had to sink at least a mile (if we're comparing her superior mountains to say something like Kilimanjaro which is over a mile hight at 5898 feet)  Science says this didn't happen.  Plato did not say that there were islands still existing after she sunk, he said shoals of mud.

And again, how did the Athenians of 11,500 years ago, GET to Atlantis to sink with her?

OR

If Atlantis attacked the Athenians, which is the way Plato writes it, that she attacked Athens, Egypt and Asia "at a blow" (all at once), then how did the Athenian warriors die when Atlantis sunk out in the middle of the ocean?  It can not be both ways.

If the Athenian warriors who were winning this war, sunk with Atlantis, then they had to be IN Atlantis.  If Atlantis was out in the ocean, how did they get there?  And since there were allegedly no organized armies in that time period, what army is Plato talking about?

One he made up of course.

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Paulo Riven

« Reply #2079 on: June 27, 2010, 10:39:54 pm »

Qoais;

The Atlanteans controlled Europe upto Italy and Africa upto Egypt. Right?
Guess you know what that means!

The War would have had to of taken place in the eastern mediterranean where Greece,Egypt and Asia were "supposedly" attacked.
They wouldn't have been fighting at the straites and especially not at or on the island of Atlantis! lol!

Now then,think again of how great that disaster was for Atlantis to sink and wipeout the Greek wars in the eastern mediterranean!

I have already explained this.

Consider the Narme Palette ca.3200.bC specificaly shows 10 fallen kings. (bulls also relate to floods like hathor don't forget)
10 kings are preserved throughout the histories around the world.
10 lions are on the Etruscan Scepter ca.800.bC (Atlantis controlled Italy don't forget!)
The 10 lion Scepter and Matching Sword may be preserved artifacts passed down from Atlantean kings of Atlantis.
The Greeks have a king named Deukalion or Deka Leon meaning 10 kings.
Atreus fathered Agamemnon and Menelaus, the Twin kings. (debateable however interesting)

The 2850.bC Greek Cycladic Stone map shows the specific rings of Atlantis and 5 mountains.

The 3200 Menes labels may be speaking of a voyage to Atlantis named HAt.t Tjeru or HAt.t nt.Tjeru. A trident symbol is also evident.

The Greatest Flood or Biblical disaster had to be before 3000.bC.

The Atlantena Libyan Delta Nile district of Maerea, which is pre-dynastic, also has a lion nome with the risen arm symbol. (shu/Atlas)

Atlas was first identified with an island in the Atlantic by Homer.
Atlas was simply a name chosen for "Foremost ruler of the People", they probably forgot his real name.

Atlanteans are "Foremost People of the Earth."

Evidence for Atlantis is plentiful, but Proof is scarce and hard to come by considering they wouldn't know an Atlantean artifact form Atlantis if they were holding one or looking at one!

For me, those are Proofs, for you they are Evidence.

Would one know an Osirion statue if they never studied Egypt?

They don't even know the true name of Atlantis!
Show me one person aside of myself who has even endeavored to try to figure out the most important proof for Atlantis?

That is it's name in Egyptian.

Roll up your sleeves woman!. Roll Eyes Shocked Grin

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:40:55 pm by Paulo Riven » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2080 on: June 28, 2010, 01:13:18 am »

It's most interesting that you ignore the obvious Paulo.

As I said - it can't be both ways.  Plato says Atlantis was in the Atlantic. She sunk.   He says the Athenian "fighting men" all met the same fate.  Let's not be silly and say the men sunk in the ocean at some other time.  Plato is talking specifically about this war that supposedly made the Greeks heroes, and he says that Atlantis sank and so did the warriors.  So tell me Paulo, where was the army when it sank?

You also seem to be ignoring the other points I mentioned, that Plato said that all that was left, were shoals of mud.  How does an island as large as a continent, sink a mile into the ocean floor leaving only shoals of mud?  With all our modern technology, there is no trace of such an event.

Where did you get it that
Atlas was simply a name chosen for "Foremost ruler of the People", they probably forgot his real name.
?

In the beginning of the story, Plato tells about how the gods divided up the world amongst themselves.  He then proceeds to tell about ONE of those gods and his family - Poseidon.  What about the other gods and their offspring?  But wait I forgot.  Poseidon wasn't a real entity, so he couldn't have had a family, it was just an expression for how an island came into existence.

Paulo, you are making up most of what you write and most people, including me, aren't going to take the time to research every little item you mention, however, I have been in other forums where you've posted, and where the people who ARE knowledgeable especially about the history of languages, have shown that you  don't have a clue what you're talking about.  I guess it's your dream, and you can live in it forever if you want to.   
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Paulo Riven

« Reply #2081 on: June 28, 2010, 03:24:12 pm »

Obviously you are wearing horseblinds that guide your path, either that or your vain and naive or just a disinfo agent.

What don't you understand about the battle taking place in the eastern med?

Atlantis controlled europe upto italy and africa upto egypt. It is written in english as your also read and write!

It is you who deny the facts, thus you fell from grace.

Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2082 on: June 30, 2010, 10:59:08 am »

Plato wrote about a place called Atlantis, and for 2000 years, people have been looking for it.

400 years before Plato wrote of this mysterious place, Homer wrote about something much more amazing, but it doesn't seem to stir as much interest as Atlantis for some reason. 

Homer

Odysseus was understandably worried about the dangers of the trip from Scheria to Ithaka. To reassure him, King Alcinous described the remarkable qualities, of the Phaeacian ships. Tell me also your country, nation, and city, that our ships may shape their purpose accordingly and take you there. For the Phaeacians have no pilots; their vessels have no rudders as those of other nations have, but the ships themselves understand what it is that we are thinking about and want; they know all the cities and countries in the whole world ...

What kind of ship could this possibly be, except alien?  Maybe I was right a long time ago when I said maybe Atlantis was a crippled UFO or an alien ship that for some reason couldn't get airborne again, and when it did, it made a hell of a mess.

People will say this is just a story.  However, I will say, if you believe one thing that Homer wrote - like the fact that Troy DID exist when for thousands of years no one believed it, then why wouldn't you believe the rest of the story?  Why would you not take it for fact, that there were ships such as those described by Homer?  These could have been "air" ships.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Boreas

« Reply #2083 on: June 30, 2010, 09:10:46 pm »

People will say this is just a story.  However, I will say, if you believe one thing that Homer wrote - like the fact that Troy DID exist when for thousands of years no one believed it, then why wouldn't you believe the rest of the story?  Why would you not take it for fact, that there were ships such as those described by Homer?  These could have been "air" ships.

Airships - brilliant idea! To avoid getting stuck in the mud, - next to thee...
Report Spam   Logged

Gens Una Sumus
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2084 on: July 01, 2010, 11:20:06 am »

You're just not getting it are you Boreas?  Today we call them airplanes.

Do you believe Schliemann found Troy?  Do you believe that the city he found, was the Troy of the Trojan War?

If so, then you believe what Homer said.  Yes?

Well, Homer said the Phaeacians(not to be confused with Phoenicians) had ships that themselves understood what people were thinking.  Do you believe that also?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:37:28 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: