Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 01:22:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102352 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2007, 08:37:26 pm »

Ancient Blueprint of Airship

From J. S. Churchward's "The Children of Mu"
Ives Washburn, New York, 1931

These are the most detailed accounts I have found about the airships of the Hindus 15,000 to 20,000 years ago, except one which is a drawing and instructions for the construction of the airship and her machinery, power, engine, etc. The power is taken from the atmosphere in a very simple inexpensive manner. The engine is somewhat like our present-day turbine in that it works from one chamber into another until finally exhausted. When the engine is once started it never stops until turned off. It will continue on if allowed to do so until the bearings are worn out. These ships could keep circling around the earth without ever coming down until the machinery wore out. The power is unlimited, or rather limited only by what metals will stand. I find various flights spoken of which according to our maps would run from 1000 to 3000 miles. (NOTE: Italics are Churchward's)

COMMENT

Col. J. S. Churchward was assigned to India in 1868, where he spent twelve years assisting in famine relief. He became good friends with a Rishi in a Temple School Monastery where he was able to familiarize himself with the history, religion and customs of ancient India. He was enthusiastic and undoubtedly sincere in his efforts, but was often lead astray by con men and charlatans in the field of archeology. However, since the above description is in conformity to what numerous other people have found in India, he is most likely describing something he actually saw. I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of this report.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2007, 08:39:33 pm »

Hi Bianca
I've seen that picture too!  I had some really good ones, but obviously not on this computer.

Like this:

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2007, 08:41:52 pm »

Q:

I tried to keep up with you, but you went too fast.  I'm glad you didn't log off before you saw
this.  Am I on the right track?

B
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2007, 08:44:48 pm »

Yes Bianca, most definitely.

Sorry, I forgot to thank you for helping with out with this.  I meant to give you some addresses and totally got wrapped up in doctoring the severe burn my husband incurred on his hand.  You're doing great.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:49:34 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2007, 08:47:19 pm »

Hi Julia
I did not mean to say that the Richat Structure was from a World War.  I was thinking that the circular rings that Nikas had posted had been discussed in Sarmast's forum as possibly being a target for practice in WWII. 
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

julia

« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2007, 09:22:27 pm »

Thank you Qoais: this think is exact replica of the Richat structure.
Compare:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/Qoais/shakuna_Vimana.jpg

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/Archive/Mar2002/richat.500m.jpg

And I found this History:
Eye on the Eye

Satellite photo courtesy of USGS EROS Datat Center, Satellite Systems Branch 

The Richat structure lies in western Mauritania, surrounded by the vast Sahara. It includes a 650-foot-high plateau surrounded by concentric ridges and valleys, which together make up a dome structure some twenty-five miles across, perhaps best seen from the air. In fact, Gemini astronauts in the 1960s were the first to get a bird’s-eye view of the structure, and ever since it has served as a landmark for space crews. They, among others, refer to it as the "eye of Africa."
     Geologists have puzzled over the origins of the “eye” because of the plateau’s unusual composition—it’s an extraordinarily large (two miles wide by 130 feet thick) chunk of breccia, a kind of rock made up of smaller rocks cemented together. Was the Richat structure formed by the impact of a meteor? Or by shifting bedrock? Geologists Guillaume Matton and Michel Jébrak of the University of Quebec in Montreal, and James K.W. Lee of Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, recently proposed a solution to the Richat enigma.
     After extensive geophysical and mineralogical analysis, the geologists concluded that the 100-million-year-old structure has, for starters, volcanic origins. They think it formed when a magma-filled chamber developed deep underground, causing the earth’s crust above it to bulge and fill with hot fluid. The fluid dissolved limestone in the crust, leaving caves behind and causing overhead rock to collapse. The entire mess eventually hardened into the central breccia formation. Erosion subsequently carved out the concentric ridges and valleys.
     One feature of the Richat continues to stump the geologists: typically volcanoes occur in groups. The Richat, however, stands alone. (Geology 33:665–668, 2005)

http://www.naturalhistorymag.com/master.html?http://www.naturalhistorymag.com/1105/1105_samplings.html
 SO, how do we know this is natural?? Nobody dag Inside??Just from the stones outside They decideThis is natural>.
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2007, 09:26:16 pm »

And besides, It is Known In mauritania and Ghana some people came from Asia.to there..in their history.did they made a replica?? I dont know..but this thing needs further investigation..Thgis could be the Atlantis `city while the Spain could be the tail of the Atlantis..I dint think georgeos found there any circular city or anything..he doesnt even shows in his pages..
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2007, 09:29:04 pm »

Q.

This is something I found while pursuing the Vimanas:

FIRE CIRCLES

A Revised Translation of the Tulli Papyrus
By R. Cedric Leonard

It was only a few years ago that, while browsing through an out-of-state library, I came across a transcription of the famous Tulli Papyrus--the Egyptian text recording an event which occurred during the reign of Thutmose III of the 18th dynasty (circa. 1480 B.C.)--which has been featured in countless TV documentaries and UFO publications. I've seen the English translation of this document numerous times, but until that day in the library, I had never seen a copy of the Egyptian text itself.

I immediately requested permission from the librarian to make a zerox copy, which was granted. My hope at the time was that I might identify the Egyptian glyphs which had been translated "Fire Circles". However, once I had the opportunity to look at the transcription thoroughly, I realized that I could easily recognize most of the Egyptian writing. So I got out my Egyptian grammar book by E. A. Wallis Budge, and sat down with it to seriously translate this fragment of Egyptian writing known as the Tulli Papyrus.

A transcription is a hand-written copy of the original made by the translator from which the rough translation is to be made. Typically this is the first step taken before the labor of translation begins. Existing lacunae are duly noted, along with any other problems. Such a step saves wear and tear on the often fragile original manuscript. To the right is a transcription of the original hieroglyphic text of the Tulli Papyrus.

Some inscriptions are on rock faces in places which would make it extremely uncomfortable to attempt a translation without this vital step. In some cases rubbings can be made, but in others transcription must be made because of the size of the original, its location, or other difficulties.

This is supposedly the origin of the transcription that I had before me. My next step was to re-copy the glyphs, spacing them to allow for the insertion of the English equivalents underneath (heiroglyphics are often "stacked," while English flows "horizontally"). My effort resulted in what might be termed an Interlinear Translation.

Displayed here is my own spaced transcription with the English equivalents below each group of glyphs. The customary numbers, inserted because of differences in word order between the two languages, will not be used here. Further below is the "smoothed out" English text which makes for a more readable version.

The glyphs translated "Circle of Fire" are aa-xet in Egyptian. I'm not doing an in-depth analysis of the Egyptian text at this point, but I think it is interesting that the glyph which has traditionally been translated "circle" is the normal glyph for "island" (Budge, 1966). In such instances a determinative for water is usually included. Two such examples can be found in Chaps. XXIV and LXXXVI of The Book of the Dead (Egyptian text; Budge, 1960).

But these particular islands are consistantly located by the text "in the sky"--which precludes any idea of these being ordinary islands! In any case, a solid disk seems to be indicated, as opposed to a mere "circle" with nothing in the center. This being the case, I believe the rendering "disk" to be the more accurate. Moreover, the Egyptian "fire" determinative is telling us that these are indeed Fiery Disks; therefore I have decided to revise my previous translation.

Although the manuscript was damaged and contained several lacunae, a certain Prince Boris de Rachewiltz managed to translate it and declared the papyrus to be "part of the Annals of Thutmose III". The following is my "free translation" of the Tulli Papyrus. It may differ slightly from Rachewiltz's translation (which can be found on the internet, as well as in numerous books).

*************************************************************************************

In the year 22, of the third month of winter, sixth hour of the day [...] among the scribes of the House of Life it was found that a strange Fiery Disk was coming in the sky. It had no head. The breath of its mouth emitted a foul odor. Its body was one rod in length and one rod in width. It had no voice. It came toward His Majesty's house. Their heart became confused through it, and they fell upon their bellies. They [went] to the king, to report it. His Majesty [ordered that] the scrolls [located] in the House of Life be consulted. His Majesty meditated on all these events which were now going on.

After several days had passed, they became more numerous in the sky than ever. They shined in the sky more than the brightness of the sun, and extended to the limits of the four supports of heaven [...] Powerful was the position of the Fiery Disks.

The army of the King looked on, with His Majesty in their midst. It was after the evening meal when the Disks ascended even higher in the sky to the south. Fish and other volatiles rained down from the sky: a marvel never before known since the foundation of the country. And His Majesty caused incense to be brought to make peace on the hearth of the gods. And it was [ordered] to be [recorded for] His Majesty in the annals of the House of Life [to be remembered] for ever."

**************************************************************************************

According to Samuel Rosenberg ("UFOs in History"), the Tulli Papyrus was found among the papers of the late Professor Alberto Tulli, former director of the Vatican Egyptian Museum, which involves this startling event recorded during the reign of Thutmose III, as cited by Le Poer Trench (1966.)

An inquiry was sent to Dr. Walter Ramberg, Scientific Attache at the U.S. embassy in Rome, in an attempt to verify the existence of the original manuscript. He replied:

". . . the current director of the Egyptian Section of the Vatican Museum, Dr. Nolli, said that Prof. Tulli had left all his belongings to a brother of his who was a priest in the Lateran Palace. Presumably the famous papyrus went to this priest. Unfortunately the priest died also in the meantime and his belongings were dispersed among heirs, who may have disposed of the papyrus as something of little value."

The original is therefore lost, at present. Its translator, Prince Boris de Rachewiltz, remains the only authority upon whose word alone we must trust as an accurate report of its contents. The Tulli text exhibits numerous parallels to other documents of the Thutmoses III era, which would be extremely difficult to fake. It's difficult to believe a nobleman such as Prince Rachewiltz would be a deliberate perpetrator of a hoax, especially since a handwritten hieroglyphic transcript of the original papyrus survives.

In favor of its authenticity is the use of un dn, an Egyptian particle (usually left untranslated in English). Hoaxers would not be inclined to use such peculiarities when "making up" a phony text. To illustrate, certain Jewish authors of the New Testament (e.g., II Peter), not knowing Greek as their "first language," sometimes failed to include common Greek particles (in other words, they were not althogether familiar with the use of such niceties, and so did not make use of them).

BIBLIOGRAPHY

Budge, E. A. Wallace, "Book of the Dead," University Books, Inc., New York, 1960.
Budge, E. A. Wallace, "Egyptian Language," Routledge & Kegan Ltd., London, 1966.
Trench, Pierre Le Poer, "The Flying Saucer Story," Spearman, London, 1966.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:38:28 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2007, 09:44:14 pm »

THE WHEELS OF EZEKIEL

A possible relationship
to modern UFO phenomena

An analytical essay
by R. Cedric Leonard

Have you ever wondered how a primitive tribesman from the plains of east Africa might describe the landing of a high-tech military helicopter? How would this confused, frightened villager relate his experience to his peers? Familiar native words would have to be used to describe things beyond the ken of ordinary experience, and his attempt to describe such an experience may turn out to be quite unintelligible to his friends.

Now consider the possibility that something similar happened to Ezekiel somewhere around 600 B.C., as recorded in the Bible. The case I am about to unfold to you is truly worthy of attention.

Biblical scholars have long felt that Ezekiel's account of the fiery wheels encountered by the River Chebar 1 is one of the most difficult to translate in the entire Bible. Not only does the text abound in obscurities and apparent confusion, but also it has acquired occasional corruptions by well-meaning scribes whose "amendations" have only muddied the issue even further. (NBC; NLBC) It shouldn't be surprising that Ezekiel believed the encounter to be a "vision". Certainly nothing in normal experience could be compared to the occurrence he describes:

And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the color of amber, out of the midst of the fire. (Ezek. 1:4)

The above is Ezekiel's first sight of the strange aerial phenomenon which was approaching him from the north. What follows in the next ten verses no biblical scholar has ever been able to unravel. The text, as well as its translation, exhibits a high degree of confusion. We will take up the reason for this in the latter part of the essay. But for now, let's analyze his description of this event by taking a close look at his choice of words.

The first descriptive word we come to in the above account is se'ahra, translated "whirlwind" in the King James translation of the Bible. Since I'm not expert in the Hebrew language, I consulted several Hebrew scholars to see if the Hebrew words held meanings not apparent in the English translations. My suspicions were rewarded beyond my expectations. I also consulted the Greek LXX rendition (I am more familiar with ancient Greek), which yielded a few insights.

The word se'ahra is rare, and denotes a very peculiar, or unusual, type of storm. This is the same word that is used when God spoke to Job "out of the whirlwind" (Job 38:1). He then mentions "a great cloud". The word 'anan can mean an ordinary cloud, but 'anan is used more often in the Bible to refer to the shining "presence" of deity (an "aureole," or "nimbus"). Moreover, his next words make his meaning clear: the cloud is surrounded by "a fire infolding itself". Here another rare Hebrew word is used: mitheleqachath which means "flashing itself". This sounds almost like strobe lights. The Greek text (LXX) uses exastrapton, meaning "scintillating" or "flashing out". Some scholars prefer "sheen" or "overall glow," which seems rather tame: even the conservative King James has the alternative reading in the margin of "catching itself". (The image of a dog chasing its tail comes to mind.) This is not the Hebrew word for natural lightning (baroq, used in verse 13), and this is no ordinary cloud. This thing looks alive, and terrifying.

The next three words are truly amazing! Hebrew scholars agree that venogah lo savev means something like "touching itself around" (savev: "in a circle"). This seems to reinforce the image of flashing lights spinning in a circle. (The Greek LXX uses the term kuklo from whence we get "circle" and "cycle".) Now it's beginning to sound like a modern UFO encounter! Such colorful language is seldom encountered in the Old Testament, and can only mean that Ezekiel was profoundly impressed by the splendor of the sight. Also that he was stretching the Hebrew vocabulary itself, so that nothing of his startling experience would be lost. Now it really gets interesting.

As this "vision" gets nearer and nearer Ezekiel is able to discern more details; for finally he describes the appearance of "gleaming metal" inside the flashing, spinning cloud mass. The usual translation is "the color of amber," but chashmal is better translated as "gleaming bronze," or better yet "electrum". Electrum is a natural alloy of gold and silver, having a high reflectivity factor and truly beautiful to behold. So, giving a more accurate translation, we have:

And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a glowing cloud, and brilliant fire flashing itself in a circle; and in the midst thereof, an appearance of polished metal (or, gleaming electrum), in the midst of the fire.

Try to imagine how Ezekiel must have felt, watching the mirror-like reflections of the whirling lights dancing in the gleaming electrum-like surfaces of this fabulous machine. In verse 13 the "whirling lamps" image is reinforced once more. The King James version puts it in these words:

As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures. (Ezek 1:13)

Instead of "lamps" which were "going up and down," the actual Hebrew text uses a word meaning "circling continuously" (mithehalaqat, closely akin to mitheleqachat). The Greek LXX text has lampadon sustrephomenon ("circling lamps," or "whirling lamps"). It is unfortunate that the King James translators missed so many facets of this relatively accurate description. The appearance of gleaming metal and "chasing lamps" within this glowing, luminous whirlwind certainly puts a different light on the event. We will take up the "living creatures" and the confusion surrounding them shortly, but let us now touch on some rather trivial details mentioned by Ezekiel in his attempt to describe these machines.

We now encounter mechanical nomenclature, such as rings, rims, strakes, spokes and "eyes" (which could well be port holes). Unfortunately, the text is hopelessly corrupt at this point and the details are quite obscure (this is why there are numerous "alternative readings" given in the margin of the King James translation). The words "lofty" and "awesome" are used. However, as the quality of the text improves, Ezekiel does explain that there are four identical machines, and that each one is constructed like "a wheel in the middle of a wheel" (verse 16). Here we are definitely talking about a machine: Ezekiel uses the Hebrew word for "construction". Even though scholars in the Hebrew language have historically had difficulty in visualizing the details, they have not hesitated to declare that "we are dealing here with a supernatural machine" (ABC). One scholar asserts that the apparatus described is "a supernatural chariot," even though the word "chariot" is never used by Ezekiel (NBC).

Ezekiel clearly indicates that these vehicles land, take off, hover, and even fly in formation as they zip to and fro in all directions. They are able to do so without needing to bank and turn as do airplanes or birds (verses 14, 17). As they flash through the sky they are--like the mighty flying machines (vimanas) of the Hindu epics--accompanied by a thunderous roar. Finally, as they land on earth they "let down their wings"--a curious statement from our UFO oriented standpoint, unless we realize that these "wings" could conceivably be metal stairways as seen from the side. Such "gangplanks" might be lowered smoothly until they touched the ground, giving him the impression that the cherubim had "let down their wings".

It would seem natural that after these vehicles had landed and the glowing cloud of plasma had dissipated and the fiery exhausts and rotating lights had ceased, that Ezekiel could better evaluate the physical appearance of the craft.

The climax of this event is when Ezekiel sees the "appearance of a throne" above the machine, and one sitting upon it having the "appearance of a man". Notice the repetition of the word "appearance". Did he perceive this to be an artificial image? Was this a projection of the ship's commander? I believe it more than significant that when Ezekiel fell on his face in awe of this being (verse 28), he was sharply commanded to stand up (Ezek. 2:1). If this was a vision of God himself, why wouldn't Ezekiel be permitted to worship? The same thing happens each and every time Ezekiel prostrates himself. Once on his feet, he was given a message to be delivered to his fellow captives in Babylon. Then a startling thing happens:

Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, as the glory of the Lord rose from its place . . . So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the Lord was heavy upon me. (Ezek. 3:12,14)

Apparently as he was taken up, simultaneously the whole dazzling affair, whirling lights and all, rose majestically into the sky! The book of Ezekiel records a total of seven such occurrences within its pages.

As he was being carried aloft, he heard a thunderous roar (which he imagined was caused by the clapping of mighty wings). The King James version uses the mild term "rushing," but my Rabbinical consultants assure me that the Hebrew words imply a thunderous roar, such as an earthquake or a tremendous waterfall. The "spirit" (ruach) mentioned here is the same powerful force which had lifted the prophet Elijah into heaven during the chariot of fire incident recorded in II Kings (2:11).

I italicized a particular phrase in the above passage purposely. It differs so drastically from the same passage as translated in the King James version, I wanted to draw special attention to it. Here are the two compared:

King James: Blessed be the glory of the Lord from his place.
Restored to: As the glory of the Lord rose from its place.

The astonishing thing is that in Hebrew the difference in the above passage is only one letter! Since the original Hebrew text had no vowels, a scribal error was made at some point which substituted a Hebrew letter K for an original M, making the text to read baruk (blessed) instead of berum (as arose). Most biblical scholars believe this to have happened (with good reason) and have restored the original meaning to the text (PCB). A very similar phrase is used later (Ezek. 11:23), which was helpful to scholars in spotting this error (TIB). Before this was corrected, the meaning was so incoherent that the King James translators had to insert the English word "saying" to make any sense of it.

After the aerial hop in the dazzling spaceship, Ezekiel was so shaken that he sat speechless for seven days (Ezek. 3:15). He was warned, finally, that if he did not deliver the message he had received, the blood of his fellows would be on his hands. That got him up and going.

Incredibly, some scholars believe Ezekiel was not on board when the craft lifted off. In fact, Prof. Davidson (NBC) portrays Ezekiel as being bitter because he was left behind! But this view must be erroneous for several reasons: (1) the text says explicitly that "the spirit lifted me up and took me away"; (2) the Greek text (LXX) of the next verse says, "Then I passed through the air and came to the captivity"; (3) on numerous other occasions it states clearly that Ezekiel was shuttled from place to place (seven times in all) while inside the vision. The anger Ezekiel felt was not disappointment at being left behind, but because the hand of the Lord "was heavy" upon him as the craft soared into the air. He may have been pinned to the floor! His second encounter occurred not far from the first:

Then I arose, and went forth unto the plain: and behold, the glory of the Lord stood there, as the glory which I saw by the river Chebar: and I fell on my face. (Ezek. 3:23)

Once again he is brought to his feet (no worship here) and another message given him. During these encounters he is always addressed as "son of man," which is the equivalent of "human" or "earthling". The phrase "the glory of the Lord stood there" indicates that he could see it while he was yet far off, and remained there as he approached. Does this sound like a vision?

Then the prophet was taken to Jerusalem aboard the craft. This time the text states explicitly that "the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem." (Ezek. 8:3) It couldn't be any clearer. Moreover, since he was a captive in Babylonia, he could not have traveled to Jerusalem on his own (a trip of several months by caravan).

Eventually, all four craft returned. By now Ezekiel is referring to them as cherubs (to be discussed shortly). Someone within hearing distance must have seen the craft also, because Ezekiel records hearing someone cry out, O galgal, i.e., "spinning thing", or wheel. (Ezek. 10:13) This is equivalent to yelling "flying saucer!" upon seeing a modern UFO. Later, another lift-off is described, this time in downtown Jerusalem:

Then did the cherubims lift up their wings, and the wheels beside them; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above. And the glory of the Lord went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city. (Ezek. 11:22-23)

Notice the italics. This is the statement which helped scholars identify the troublesome scribal error that had occurred in the text referred to earlier.

Afterwards the spirit took me up, and brought me in a vision by the spirit of God into Chaldea, to them of the captivity. So the vision that I had seen went up from me. Then I spake unto them of the captivity all the things that the Lord had shewed me. (Ezek. 11:24-25)

Once again, he makes it clear that he is inside the "visions" as he travels from place to place. After debarking, he apparently watched it fly away into the sky. He is taken up several more times, but the following example happens to mention that the presence of the craft lights up the surrounding terrain as it moves along:

. . . And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory. (Ezek. 43:2)

Once more he falls on his face, and again he is taken up and brought to the inner court of the temple at Jerusalem, whereupon the "glory of the Lord filled the house." (Ezek. 43:5)

During my consultation with local Rabbis concerning Ezekiel's visions, one of them said: "Do you know that the first chapter of Ezekiel has traditionally been read in the synagogues once a year on the day of Pentecost?" Intrigued, I asked why. It was explained that this is the day the Feast of Weeks is celebrated . . . the day Moses received the Law on Mt. Sinai. I didn't make the connection, so the Rabbi explained: "The Feast of Weeks has also been declared the Festival of Revelation, and both men received a divine revelation." I pressed the Rabbi: "But why the first chapter of Ezekiel in particular?" His answer surprised me.

He told me that there is a connection between the "divine chariot" in Ezekiel's vision and the "pillar of fire" which escorted, and protected, the children of Israel during the exodus from Egypt. I protested that Ezekiel never once used the term "chariot" in his account. He in turn asked me, "What did Elisha exclaim when he saw Elijah being taken up into the chariot of fire?" The answer was, of course: "My father, my father, the chariot of Israel". The Rabbi continued: "This chariot, the chariot of Israel, was present during the exodus from Egypt, during the giving of the Law, during the forty years in the wilderness, and also during the conquest of Canaan." He added: "It is believed that Ezekiel saw this same chariot."

Upon consulting numerous Bible commentaries I found that most refer to Ezekiel's vision as a chariot (ABC, HBC, NBC, OAB, PCB, TIB). In view of these discussions I see only two possibilities. Either Ezekiel encountered mechanized aircraft and their occupants, or he received visions of mechanized aircraft and their occupants. So why did he use the term "cherubim" in reference to these events? I have deliberately put this off until last since it has consistently thrown both scholar and layman into a state of confusion.

I believe the answer to be extremely simple. All four vehicles bore ensignias on them which denoted their universal or "star ship" status. The four faces of the "cherubim" are simply the four "signs" at the cardinal points of the heavens: Leo (the Lion), Taurus (the bull), Aquarius (the man), and Scorpio (which the Chaldeans often represented as an eagle). If one finds a circle depicting the twelve signs of the zodiac, uses a perfect cross with four arms, then rotates it until one of the arms is pointing at one of the four named signs (Aquarius for instance), the three remaining arms will point to the other three (Leo, Taurus, and Scorpio). This is a sensible way of representing this region of the universe. It now appears that we have properly identified the mysterious four faces of the so-called "living creatures". The question remains, Why did Ezekiel refer to these zodiacal faces as "cherubim"?

The word "cherub" (cherubim is plural) has no etymology in the Hebrew language. Both the word and the concept is Akkadian (Babylonian).2 (Dhorme, 1945) Cherubs were early mythological creatures believed by the Babylonians to possess awesome and terrifying power (in the same class with griffins and sphinxes). The winged bull is often depicted with the head of a man and the tail of a lion. The similar sphinx is usually (but not always) depicted with a human head, sometimes with an eagle's wings, and a lion's body. Cherubs were usually placed at the entrances of temples or other sacred places to protect those holy precincts. It should be remembered that the earliest mention of cherubim in the Bible were those guarding the entrance to the garden of Eden.

A line drawing of one of the two cherubim which guarded the entrance to the throne room of Sargon II. The cherub shown is a composite depicting the body and horns of a bull, the head and face of a man, and sporting the wings of an eagle.

Since Ezekiel was in Babylon (Chaldea) and sculpted representations of these four cardinal zodiacal signs could be seen on every hand, it is only natural that Ezekiel would use the very terminology he heard day after day in the environs of Babylon to describe such images.

Some confusion still remains concerning Ezekiel's terminology involving "living creatures". It almost seems that he believed everything in his vision to be alive. However, at times he seems to consider the human-like beings which disembarked from the wheels as alive and in control of their associated machines. The machines themselves exhibited many characteristics which, to one unfamiliar with electricity, might have made them appear to be alive. I am sure Ezekiel himself was confused on this score. Also one should remember that in ancient times anything that could move on its own was considered alive. Witness the old familiar "living water". If water flowed, it was "living water". This, I believe, is the answer. Ezekiel himself was confused.

To return once more to the chariot concept. Just what is a chariot? According to Funk & Wagnalls, the word is Old French and is an augmented form of char (from Latin, carrus, car, cart, or wagon). As an intransitive verb it means, "to convey, ride, or drive as in a chariot." (SDEL) Our word "carry" derives from the same source. Ezekiel's wheels represent an aerial vehicle, a celestial car, a "divine chariot" if you please, the function of which is transportation! So that's why Rabbis and biblical scholars consider Ezekiel's wheel as a chariot.

I think the UFO hypothesis (and that's all it is) is on reasonable ground. It certainly explains a lot hithertofore unexplainable. I haven't closed my mind to other possibilities: maybe the preachers and theologians are correct. However, the phenomenon in Ezekiel's account did everything one would naturally expect of an aerial vehicle. Fortunately for us, Ezekiel told us everything in chronological order. In this last sense, scholars say the book of Ezekiel is the best organized of any of the prophetic books of the Bible.

REFERENCES
ABC = Abingdon Bible Commentary
Dhorme = Les religions de Babylonie et Assyrie
HBC = Harper's Bible Commentary
NBC = New Bible Commentary by F. Davidson
NLBC = New Laymen's Bible Commentary
OAB = Oxford Annotated Bible
PCB = Peak's Commentary on the Bible
TIB = The Interpreters Bible (twelve volumes) Vol. VI
LXX = The Septuagint Version of the Old Testament
SDEL = Standard Dictionary of the English Language

Due to the fact that most of the references used in this essay do not have a single author, a new system of notes was adopted. More complete information on these publications is given in the bibliography below.

NOTES

1 The "River Chebar" mentioned here by Ezekiel is believed by many scholars to be the nari kabari ("great canal"), an artificial canal near the city of Nippur created by the Chaldeans for irrigation purposes. [Back]
2 Archeological discoveries have brought to light numerous examples of Akkadian style "kerubs" in the Phoenician city of Biblos, and in Samaria as well as Chaldea. Such representations do not consistently have four heads (e.g., Ezek. 41:18f describes them as having only two); but nearly always all four cardinal signs of the zodiac are represented in some way, i.e., in the form of wings, tails, horns, hooves, human heads, etc.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:46:03 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2007, 09:45:10 pm »

Writing found at Mohenjodaro in Pakistan (presumed to be one of the "Seven Rishi Cities of the Rama Empire" and still un deciphered, has also been found in one other place in the world: Easter Island! Writing on Easter Island, called Rongo-Rongo writing, is also un deciphered, and is uncannily similar to the Mohenjodaro script. Was Easter Island an air base for the Rama Empire's Vimana route? (At the Mohenjo- Daro Vimana-drome, as the passenger walks down the concourse, he hears the sweet, melodic sound of the announcer over the loud speaker," Rama Airways flight number seven for Bali, Easter Island, Nazca, and Atlantis is now ready for boarding. Passengers please proceed to gate number..") in Tibet, no small distance, and speaks of the "fiery chariot" thus: "Bhima flew along in his car, resplendent as the sun and loud as thunder... The flying chariot shone like a flame in the night sky of summer... it swept by like a comet... It was as if two suns were shining. Then the chariot rose up and all the heaven brightened." In the Mahavira of Bhavabhuti, a Jain text of the eighth century culled from older texts and traditions, we read: "An aerial chariot, the Pushpaka, conveysmany people to the capital of Ayodhya.

The sky is full of stupendousflying-machines, dark as night,but picked out by lights with a yellowishglare." The Vedas, ancient Hindu poems, thought to be the oldest of all theIndian texts, describe Vimanas of various shapes and sizes: the "ahnihotravimana" with two engines, the"elephant-vimana" with more engines, and other types named after the kingfisher, ibis and other animals. Unfortunately, Vimanas, like most scientific discoveries, were ultimately used for war. Atlanteans used their flying machines, "Vailixi," a similar type of aircraft, to literally try and subjugate the world, it would seem, if Indiantexts are to be believed.

The Atlanteans, known as "Asvins" in the Indian writings, were apparently even more advanced technologically than the Indians, and certainly of a more war-like temperament. Although no ancient texts on Atlantean Vailixi are known to exist, some information has come down through esoteric, "occult" sources which describe their flying machines. Similar, if not identical to Vimanas, Vailixi were generally "cigar shaped" and had the capability of manoeuvering underwater as well as in the atmosphere or even outer space. Other vehicles, like Vimanas, were saucer shaped, and could apparently also be submerged.

According to Eklal Kueshana, author of "The Ultimate Frontier," in an article he wrote in 1966:

Vailixi were first developed in Atlantis 20,000 years ago, and the most common ones are "saucer shaped of generally trapezoidal cross- section with three hemispherical engine pods on the underside. They use a mechanical antigravity device driven by engines developing approximately 80,000 horse power. The Ramayana, Mahabharata and other texts speak of the hideous war that took place, some ten or twelve thousand years ago between Atlantis and Rama using weapons of destruction that could not be imagined by readers until the second half of this century.

The ancient Mahabharata, one of the sources on Vimanas, goes on to tell the awesome destructiveness of the war: "...(the weapon was) a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendor. An iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white.... after a few hours all foodstuffs were infected.... to escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment..."

It would seem that the Mahabharata is describing an atomic war! References like this one are not isolated; but battles, using a fantastic array of weapons and aerial vehicles are common in all the epic Indian books.

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2007, 09:45:50 pm »

One even describes a Vimana-Vailixbattle on the Moon! The above section very accurately describes what an atomic explosion would look like and the effects of the radioactivity on the population. Jumping into water is the only respite. When the Rishi City of Mohenjodaro was excavated by archaeologists in the last century, they found skeletons just lying in the streets, some of them holding hands, as if some great doom had suddenly overtaken them. These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on a par with those found at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Ancient cities whose brick and stonewalls have literally been vitrified, that is-fused together, can be found in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places. There is no logical explanation for the vitrification of stone forts and cities, except from an atomic blast.

Further more, at Mohenjo-Daro, a well planned city laid on a grid, with a plumbing system superior to those used in Pakistan and India today, the streets were littered with "black lumps of glass." These globs of glass were discovered to be clay pots that had melted under intense heat! With the cataclysmic sinking of Atlantis and the wiping out of Rama with atomic weapons, the world collapsed into a "stone age" of sorts, and modern history picks up a few thousand years later Yet, it would seem that not all the Vimanas and Vailixi of Rama and Atlantis were gone. Built to last for thousands of years, many of them would still be in use, as evidenced by Ashoka's "Nine Unknown Men" and the Lhasa manuscript.

That secret societies or "Brotherhoods" of exceptional, "enlightened" human beings would have preserved these inventions and the knowledge of science, history, etc., does not seem surprising. Many well known historical personages including Jesus, Buddah, Lao Tzu, Confucious, Krishna, Zoroaster, Mahavira, Quetzalcoatl, Akhenaton, Moses, and more recent inventors and of course many other people who will probably remain anonymous, were probably members of such a secret organization. It is interesting to note that when Alexander the Great invaded India more than two thousand years ago, his historians chronicled that at one point they were attacked by "flying, fiery shields" that dove at his army and frightened the cavalry. These "flying saucers" did not use any atomic bombs or beam weapons on Alexander's army however, perhaps out of benevolence, and Alexander went on to conquer India. It has been suggested by many writers that these "Brotherhoods" keep some of their Vimanas and Vailixi in secret caverns in Tibet or some other place is Central Asia, and the Lop Nor Desert in western China is known to be the center of a great UFO mystery. Perhaps it is here that many of the airships are still kept, in underground bases much as the Americans, British and Soviets have built around the world in the past few decades. Still, not all UFO activity can be accounted for by old Vimanas making trips to the Moon for some reason. Unknown alloys have been revealed in the ancient palm leaf manuscripts.

The writer and Sanskrit scholar Subramanyam Iyer has spent many years of his life deciphering old collections of palm leaves found in the villages of his native Karnataka in southern India. One of the palm leaf manuscripts they intend to decipher is the Amsu Bodhini, which, according to an anonymous text of 1931, contains information about the planets; the different kinds of light, heat, color, and electromagnetic fields; the methods used to construct machines capable of attracting solar rays and, in turn, of analysing and separating their energy components; the possibility of conversing with people in remote places and sending messages by cable; and the manufacture of machines to transport people to other planets!
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

julia

« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2007, 09:51:03 pm »

Yes Bianca: may be The same people who built this thing They made alot of replicas in yemen, egypt, in tarsus, tartessos ..I dont know where else.Or there is may be one original and The others are Human made.as replica..I think this structure in Africa really should be investigated..
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2007, 10:02:39 pm »

Hi Julia
I had read about those scientists, and then 3D had posted that the Richat Structure had been possibly formed when under water.  I was hoping he had something to verify this.

If "Atlantis" was the name of a space ship, and they set it down and built a civilization around it, and if it isn't the one Thoth few east in, the perhaps it's one of the ones that fell in the ocean, and even tho the metal is nothing like what we have on earth that we know of, it could be that the salt water eroded it eventually, but also that the silt built up around it while it was eroding.  Who knows?  It would be nice to take samples of the Richat Structure from above and below, and to see if there are any more with this type of ring structure.  I've looked at other salt domes but they don't seem to look like this.  The smaller one just west of Richat is similar, but not quite the same.  Maybe it was an "eject pod"!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2007, 10:08:35 pm »

In one episode, for example, the Vrishnis, a tribe whose warriors include the hero Krishna, are beset by the forces of a leader named Salva.

"The cruel Salva had come mounted on the Saubha chariot that can go anywhere, and from it he killed many valiant Vrishni youths and evilly devastated all city parks."

The Saubha is at once Salva's city, flagship, and battle headquarters. In it, he can fly wherever he chooses. Fortunately, the Vrishni heroes are similarly well equipped, and at one point have Salva at their mercy. The hero Pradyumna is about to finish him off with a special weapon, when the highest gods stop him "Not a man in battle is safe from this arrow," they say, and declare that Salva will fall to Krishna.

Krishna took to the sky in pursuit of Salva, but his Saubha clung to the sky at a leagues length... He threw at me rockets, missiles, spears, spikes, battleaxes, three-bladed javelins, flame-throwers, without pausing... The sky... seemed to hold a hundred suns, a hundred moons... and a hundred myriad stars. Neither day nor night could be made out, or the points of a compass.

Krishna, however, wards off Salva's attack with what sounds like antiballistic missiles; I warded them off as they loomed towards me
With my swift-striking shafts, as they flashed through the sky, And I cut them into two or three pieces with mine --
There was a great din in the sky above.

However, the Saubha becomes invisible. Krishna then loads a special weapon, perhaps an ancient version of a smart bomb? I quickly laid on an arrow, which killed by seeking out sound, to kill them... All the Danavas [Salva's troops] who had been screeching lay dead, killed by the blazing sun like arrows that were triggered by sound.

However, the Sauba itself escaped the attack. Krishna fires his "favorite fire weapon" at it, a discus shaped like the "haloed sun". The discus breaks the Saubha in two, and the city falls from the sky, killing Salva. This is the end of the Mahabharata.

One of the most intriguing thing about it is that the use of Pradyumna's special arrow, from which "not a man in battle is safe", was outlawed by the gods. What sort of weapon could this be? Another chapter, describing the use of the Agneya weapon by the hero Adwattan. When the weapon, a "blazing missile of smokeless fire" is unleashed;

Dense arrows of flame, like a great shower, issued forth upon creation, encompassing the enemy... A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts. All points of the compass were lost in darkness. Fierce winds began to blow. Clouds roared upward, showering dust and gravel.
Birds coaked madly... the very elements seemed disturbed. The sun seemed to waver in the heavens. The earth shook, scorched by the terrible violent heat of this weapon. Elephants burst into flame and ran to and fro in a frenzy... over a vast area, other animals crumpled to the ground and died. From all points of the compass the arrows of flame rained continuously and fiercely.

And if that sounded like a firestorm, then a similar weapon fired by Gurkha sounds like nothing less than a nuclear blast complete with radioactive fallout;

Gurkha, flying in his swift and powerful Vimana, hurled against the three cities of the Vrishnis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousand suns, rose in all its splendor. It was the unknown weapon, the iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes the entire race of Vrishnis and Andhakas.

The corpses were so burnt they were no longer recognizable. Hair and nails fell out. Pottery broke without cause... Foodstuffs were poisoned. To escape, the warriors threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.

Plan of Pitha (Base)

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2007, 01:46:49 am »

The Richat Structure is located in the center of Mauritania, the western end of the Sahara desert. It looks like an eye when seen from space and was first observed from space by Gemini 4 astronauts McDivitt and White in June 1965.

Most of the image looks yellowish, indicating sand desert. The dark brown part is bare sedimentary rocks, and within that you can see the Richat Structure, a gigantic ring structure of some 40 km in diameter. It is as large as Uchiura Bay in Hokkaido, Japan.

The part of the sedimentary rock corresponding to the white of the eye is a plateau standing some 200 m above the sand desert. The Richat Structure corresponding to the iris of the eye lies in a depression, and the peak of the outer rim is 485 m above sea level. The Richat Structure consists of Early Paleozoic rocks, some 600 million years old. Around the center, rocks resistant to weathering and erosion (purple and blue-green part) make 100 m high ridges, and nonresistant rocks (yellow and brown part) form valleys. These features alternate and are concentric.

The Richat Structure was previously thought to have been formed by metorite impact or volcanic activity, but field surveys have demonstrated that neither are correct. The current thinking is that these features were formed by an uplift and subsequent erosion from wind and water. However, why the structure is circular remains a mystery.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: