Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:15:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102066 times)
julia

« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2007, 05:35:56 pm »

Yes Ypou spell it right ...let me look
Here is the discussion about it:
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000813#000038

I found before Ulf Richters theory.I will try to find again.but, he is right this is the Atlantis
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2007, 06:17:11 pm »

Here is Ulf Richter sTheory:
http://www.black-sea-atlantis.com/richter.pdf
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2007, 06:37:25 pm »

Look Qoais:

http://www.marine-geo.org/images/Dome3D.jpg

And Look at this supposedly Atlantis picture;

http://atlantisinireland.com/11600.jpg
It looks almost the same.How people ignore things I dont know..This has to be really dug around and    researched.Supposedly must be a meteorite there.But I dont believe it..
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2007, 12:17:55 am »

Thanks Julia
I will try to make time to read Ulf Richter's work this weekend.

For the Richat Structure to be Atlantis, it would have to be smaller, and it would have to be nearer the ocean.  I can't remember off hand how long the canal was that they dug out to the sea (ocean) but I think it was only 6 or 9 miles or something like that.  The Richat Structure is too far inland, unless the ocean was different back then. 

Plato also says there were triremes in the harbour.  Either he is using that expression because he does not have another word to use for huge ships, or, Atlantis still existed after 800 BC when Triremes were introduced.  Since Atlantis sunk 9000 years previously, or even 900 years previously (to Solon) there could not have been Triremes in the Atlantis harbour.  If it was only 900 years prior to Solon, we're back at the argument that Atlantis should be well recorded in all the histories of the Med. peoples.  The Spanish, the Italian, the Greeks, the Egyptians, etc., and artifacts should be able to be found in plenty.  Therefore - A) Plato made it up B) There was some type of 3-tiered ship that Plato didn't have a word for prior to triremes (and we've never found evidence of, C) The Atlanteans had a different name and the theories that the Berbers etc. were their decendants are true. 
I vote for C.  Mainly because not every single Atlantean could have been wiped out with a tsunami.  If they had an empire as big as Plato says, there would be tens of thousands that were not affected by a tsuanami.  Maybe there were some visiting in Egypt when this tsunami struck.  They would live to tell the tale.  No, I think whoever Plato was calling the Atlanteans, didn't even know he gave them that name, and their decendants still don't know it.

I'm beginning to think that Plato really did get a few things mixed up.  Oral stories, no matter how well memorized, will still get confused.  I think some of this tale could be related to a culture that was so old, that even now, we would not believe it had existed.

Robsang Lampa says that the advanced culture he witnessed in the cave of the Ancients was here when the earth was young.  Destroyed when the earth titled on it's axis, stopped spinning and began again in the opposite direction.  How long ago was that?  He says the poor wretches who survived were mad with fear, and when it was finally over, and the few who were left came out of the tunnels and caves and eventually started roaming the land again, they told stories around their campfires of Mu and Atlantis and the great flood and the day the sun stood still.  Over time, their decendants would carry the story but gradually it would become so faded in the past that they thought the elders were talking about gods walking the earth.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
julia

« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2007, 10:04:49 am »

Dear Qoais:
look at the Herodotus map:
http://www.paim.net/images/herodotus1.jpg
I dont know do we need any other evidence?
lets find some foundation and go there and Dig it !!
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2007, 11:48:46 am »

Hi Julia - you are in a hurry aren't you Cheesy Cheesy  Yes of course we'd need more evidence! Grin

I think it would be better to try to figure out just what the lay of the land was in the supposed time Atlantis existed.  Personally, I think it was a lot farther back than we think.  Then, see if we can find some more of these natural structures, since it's likely that the people took advantage of this natural formation, especially because it would protect them from wild animals and such and then eventually as they progressed and built irrigation for crops, and boats to travel, the set-up would work very well.  Just think about it.  They could watch nature at work and copy it.  A river or two comes down from the mountains, enters these canals and egresses out the other side.  The water is always there as it's a catch basin also, and then they observe say, a log, floating down the river with some sort of animal stranded on top.  The idea strikes them that they too, could ride a log and eventually, they decide it would be better to ride something flat, so they make rafts.  And on and on it goes.  Then say one day after a flood or something, they see the water has eroded a cave or tunnel in the side of the surrounding embankment.  They get busy and dig the rest of the way, and now have access to the sea and fishing, etc.  Ain't nature wonderful!!!!  She's a great teacher for sure.

What does seem strange to me is that if this Richat structure has been there all along, say for millions of years, why isn't it covered in sand already?  Supposedly the sand is encroaching now, so why didn't it encroach for all these years?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:53:29 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2007, 12:02:33 pm »

Home
 Contact Me
 Forum
 Skywatching Guide

Did the Earth Flip Over in the Past?
August 31st, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graphic of the Earth's flip. Image credit: Maloof Laboratory
Click to enlarge
Imagine a shift in the Earth so profound that it could force our entire planet to spin on its side after a few million years, tilting it so far that Alaska would sit at the equator. Princeton scientists have now provided the first compelling evidence that this kind of major shift may have happened in our world's distant past.

By analyzing the magnetic composition of ancient sediments found in the remote Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard, Princeton University's Adam Maloof has lent credence to a 140-year-old theory regarding the way the Earth might restore its own balance if an unequal distribution of weight ever developed in its interior or on its surface.

The theory, known as true polar wander, postulates that if an object of sufficient weight — such as a supersized volcano — ever formed far from the equator, the force of the planet's rotation would gradually pull the heavy object away from the axis the Earth spins around. If the volcanoes, land and other masses that exist within the spinning Earth ever became sufficiently imbalanced, the planet would tilt and rotate itself until this extra weight was relocated to a point along the equator.

"The sediments we have recovered from Norway offer the first good evidence that a true polar wander event happened about 800 million years ago," said Maloof, an assistant professor of geosciences. "If we can find good corroborating evidence from other parts of the world as well, we will have a very good idea that our planet is capable of this sort of dramatic change."

Maloof's team, which includes researchers from Harvard University, the California Institute of Technology and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as well as Princeton, will publish their findings in the Geological Society of America Bulletin on Friday, Aug. 25.

True polar wander is different from the more familiar idea of "continental drift," which is the inchwise movement of individual continents relative to one another across the Earth's surface. Polar wander can tip the entire planet on its side at a rate of perhaps several meters per year, about 10 to 100 times as fast as the continents drift due to plate tectonics. Though the poles themselves would still point in the same direction with respect to the solar system, the process could conceivably shift entire continents from the tropics to the Arctic, or vice versa, within a relatively brief geological time span.

While the idea that the continents are slowly moving in relation to one another is a well-known concept, the less familiar theory of true polar wander has been around since the mid-19th century, several decades before continental drift was ever proposed. But when the continents were proven to be moving under the influence of plate tectonics in the 1960s, it explained so many dynamic processes in the Earth's surface so well that true polar wander became an obscure subject.

"Planetary scientists still talk about polar wander for other worlds, such as Mars, where a massive buildup of volcanic rock called Tharsis sits at the Martian equator," Maloof said. "But because Earth's surface is constantly changing as the continents move and ocean crustal plates slide over and under one another, it's more difficult to find evidence of our planet twisting hundreds of millions of years ago, as Mars likely did while it was still geologically active."

However, the sediments that the team studied in Svalbard from 1999 to 2005 may have provided just such long-sought evidence. It is well known that when rock particles are sinking to the ocean floor to form layers of new sediment, tiny magnetic grains within the particles align themselves with the magnetic lines of the Earth. Once this rock hardens, it becomes a reliable record of the direction the Earth's magnetic field was pointing at the time of the rock's formation. So, if a rock has been spun around by a dramatic geological event, its magnetic field will have an apparently anomalous orientation that geophysicists like those on Maloof's team seek to explain.

"We found just such anomalies in the Svalbard sediments," Maloof said. "We made every effort to find another reason for the anomalies, such as a rapid rotation of the individual crustal plate the islands rest upon, but none of the alternatives makes as much sense as a true polar wander event when taken in the context of geochemical and sea level data from the same rocks."

The findings, he said, could possibly explain odd changes in ocean chemistry that occurred about 800 million years ago. Other similar changes in the ocean have cropped up in ancient times, Maloof said, but at these other times scientists know that an ice age was to blame.

"Scientists have found no evidence for an ice age occurring 800 million years ago, and the change in the ocean at this juncture remains one of the great mysteries in the ancient history of our planet," he said. "But if all the continents were suddenly flipped around and their rivers began carrying water and nutrients into the tropics instead of the Arctic, for example, it could produce the mysterious geochemical changes science has been trying to explain."

Because the team obtained all its data from the islands of Svalbard, Maloof said their next priority would be to seek corroborating evidence within sediments of similar age from elsewhere on the planet. This is difficult, Maloof said, because most 800-million-year-old rocks have long since disappeared. Because the Earth's crustal plates slide under one another over time, they take most of geological history back into the planet's deep interior. However, Maloof said, a site his team has located in Australia looks promising.

"We cannot be certain of these findings until we find similar patterns in rock chemistry and magnetics on other continents," Maloof said. "Rocks of the same age are preserved in the Australian interior, so we'll be visiting the site over the next two years to look for additional evidence. If we find some, we'll be far more confident about this theory's validity."

Maloof said that true polar wander was most likely to occur when the Earth's landmasses were fused together to form a single supercontinent, something that has happened at least twice in the distant past. But he said we should not worry about the planet going through a major shift again any time soon.

My comment:
Unless of course, some event happens beyond our control that causes the weight of the earth to change - like a planet coming into orbit and causing a gravitational pull,  or a chain reaction of volcanoes, or the sun going nova, etc. etc.  Since this is a fairly new theory, it may not be totally correct either.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2007, 03:01:01 pm »

The more I search, the more I'm convinced that "Atlantis" or some very advanced culture, existed so far back in time that we wouldn't credit it.  If all the stories are even partially true, then the scientific time line for the events in the stories, puts them waaaay back.  I mean, the Vedas are supposedly 11,000 years old, and there was an oral tradition for who knows how long before that.  It had to come from somewhere.  According to modern science, humans weren't much developed 11,000 years ago, but if that's the case, how did it come to pass that they had an oral record of how to build flying machines?  Curioser and Curioser.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2007, 04:13:42 pm »

Q,

Maybe you'd like to read ( or re-read ) Edgar Cayce for some answers to your questions,
including why the Indians knew what they did.

Love and Peace,
b
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2007, 06:24:41 pm »

Hi Bianca
Funny you should say that.  My friend popped in a couple of days ago with an Edgar Cayce book she'd found at the library for 10 Cents.  She figured I'd read them all but for 10 cents, who cares - it's a hard cover.  So she bought it for me and it turns out it's the only one I've never read - River of Souls.  And if I did read it, it was so long ago a re - read wouldn't hurt.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:26:28 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2007, 06:59:13 pm »

Q.

LOL, there are no coincidences.  Remember how you steered me to Rampa a few months

ago?

Love and Peace,
b
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2007, 07:43:17 pm »

Right - no co-incidences.  I meant the title was There Is A River.  Sometimes I wonder about me!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2007, 07:54:36 pm »

"There is a River" was EC's first biography, written by Tom Sugrue, his son's best friend and

a very talented young man.  He died young and there was nothing EC could do to help.

Karma is karma.......

Love and Peace,
b
Report Spam   Logged

DDDnD3D

« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2007, 05:18:34 am »

*** Julia *** the 3D image you submitted of the Richat Structure is very impressive. Also the map showing the NW corner of Africa and the ATLAS mountains as an ISLAND is actually very close to being an accurate portrayal of the Lay of the Land in recent geological history . If you check out the elevations of the terrain of that STRIP of LAND [including the Richat Structure] from the Atlantic Ocean just south of the Tropic of Cancer to the Gulf of Gabes in the Med you will see an area of Depression that is near Sea Level and some parts ARE BELOW SEA LEVEL ! This area is a series of salt flats and salt lakes including the supposed Tritonis Region. It is quite obvious and a most probable reality that this area was once underwater and created an island that created 2 entrances to the Mediterranean. So is this the Legendary "ATLAS ISLAND" Huh Qoais I disagree with you. The Richat Structure WAS near the ocean. In fact the limestone/calcium composition indicates it originated on an ancient sea bottom !   *DDn*** c.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2007, 05:46:22 pm »

Hi 3D
Did I say the Richat Structure was not near the ocean?  I must be losing it because my argument was going to be that it was actually IN the ocean when the lay of the land was different.  That's why I cut up the map and stuck it back together again.  I should have done a better job of it, because I was trying to show that the Med was a lot larger back when, and that these salt marshes must have been leftovers from when the Med. got cut off from the ocean.  Then when Gibralter broke, they got water back again for a time, and then dried up again.  I was thinking that if Atlantis peoples made use of these natural structures that were heaved up, it would make a lot of sense.  Anything natural was credited to the "gods", so I figured perhaps a natural structure was utilized.  When I realized just where the Richat Structure was, it fit in with my theory that this would have been on the edge of the ocean at one time. 

If I said it was not near enough to the ocean NOW, I was probably referring to the argument I'm having with Georgeos in the other forum, where he is so emphatic about Plato's measurements and just how far the city was from the ocean.  So by THAT standard, the distance is too great, but by ancient standards, it was likely nearer the water.  Supposedly, the measurements for the area within the rings is a lot smaller than the Richat structure, but whose to say they didn't add on to it over the years?  And if that isn't the place, perhaps tho, Atlantis was built on a similar structure.  To me this would be totally logical.  It would have the natural springs from the cracks in the salt dome, it had natural rings to guide the water down from the mountains, as well as act as a catch basin, and provide protection when the rings were full of water, from animals and enemies. 

Georgeos has argued that it wasn't noticed until we had space flight.  Perhaps no one had reason to fly over that barren spot before.  Or if they did, it may have been covered in sand or maybe it had sunk and is lifting again.

That "depression" you talk about - I have noticed this also.  I've been staring for hours and the area with Google Earth and Nasa worldwind.  It looks to me like water at one time, went rushing out and left it's impression on the desert floor.  I wasn't sure tho, if this theory was right, so I've been looking for maps that show the areas that still have a bit of dampness.  Then I realized Lake Tritonis had to have been huge, and that for the Amazons to attack the Atlanteans and they were neighbors, and both lived on a huge island, the land had to be different.  Therefore, I concluded that perhaps Lake Tritonis extended to the ocean in the west, or very close to it, making an island or Nesos out of the northwest tip of Africa, Spain, etc.  Lake Tritonis would have been then, part of the ocean. 
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: