Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:34:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102312 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2007, 02:47:03 am »

Thanks Elric
I remember Riven once had a secondary theory once that the demise of Lake Tritonis was the source of the Atlantis myth

Welllll, I can see that if the Atlanteans were neighbors of the Amazons, and they both lived along this lake, which would likely have been rather large, it would certainly have wiped out a lot of the Atlanteans when it disappeared.  What with all the earth changes that took place at that time, the Atlanteans would have been hard pressed to even survive.  Then there was intermittant seismic activity for years and years, so I can just imagine the changes that took place.  The Atlas mountains themselves, were apparently thrown up not all at once, but with three different incidents.  A lot of Atlantis would have been cut off from the rest of the world when Gibralter opened, and it's not hard to imagine that they resented the loss of their land, especially the great plain that is now the Med.! and gradually, after getting their wits about them again, they started expanding, trying to reclaim some territory.  Since there isn't all that much written about Atlantis in the first place, I would think Plato and Siculus were referring to the same people.  It's just that the time line is not consecutive in the stories.  It bounces all over. 
I've been thinking about the odds and ends that stick in my head from things I've read, and quite a while ago, I was wondering why the Urantia Book didn't mention Atlantis.  Then  I was thinking about how the Med used to be a lush plain. Then I realized that the Atlas Mountains stretched farther East than I thought.  Then I realized that most of the Med has mountains around it.  Then I wondered, how it could be that having the Med. raise up one mile, would have been so devastating, if all the surrounding lands were high-cliffed.  I know of course, that there are lowlands near the coasts and all, but the UB (so far) has not been debunked, and what it says, it what it means.  So, I put two and two together, and realized it must have been so devastating because most of the civilization that got wiped out, would have been living in that great plain.  Sure, the tsunami's would have caused a lot of havoc, washing over the land, destroying buildings, and washing the top soil away.  But even Athens didn't disappear with it.  In the low lying eastern end of the Med it seems that only Cypress lost some land mass.  There's some loss also in a couple of the seas within the Med., but it is my opinion, that the western Med WAS Atlantis.  Or a major portion thereof.  If you look at the Med on Nasa Worldwind, you can see where the areas are that would have been inundated when the straits opened.  According to the Urantia Book, when the Straits opened, that is also when the land bridge to Sicily was wiped out.  S0 - if the Atlanteans had their city on or near that landmass, it is most definitely under the mud!!!
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2007, 03:11:49 am »

Looking at the map "Middle Miocene", it shows that the Med. was joined to the Indian Ocean.  The Urantia Book states that this was so, and that the last land mass to be thrown up was Arabia and the Sinai Peninsula.  That the Med. retreated to where it is today, but was much lower.  I can't remember the details off the top of my head.  I really do think, that if Atlantis did exist, it was a "Nesos", but quite a bit different than what we see today from a bird's eye view. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2007, 02:12:15 am »

A long time ago when the earth was born - the land mass was supposedly all of a piece.  Then things started rockin and rollin and splitting and drifting with the tide.  I know when I was a kid, it was suggested that Africa and the Americas were joined somewhere back when.  So at first, we only had one ocean - the world ocean. (Basically, we still do)

Now my question would be - since we have all different cultures talking about ancient history, and we have an ancient Egyptian Priest telling about even more ancient times - when the gods were on earth - I'm wondering just how far back this story goes.  Like the Bok Saga, it could actually go back farther than we think.  Just WHEN did these Gods inhabit the earth?  Well, according to the Urantia Book that a lot of people don't have any faith in, 500,000 years ago.  Next question then, who were the gods that the Egyptians and Greeks talk about, and then who were the Atlanteans in whose land the Gods were born?  Gibralter supposedly opened 34,000 years ago.  So - the story of Hercules is REALLY old!  But the gods were in existance from the time the earth had developed a land mass because they divided it up amongst themselves.  Don't know how many there were originally, but I don't think very many. 

Anyway, I decided to cut up a picture of the earth and stick it back together again to get an idea what it might have looked like when the Gods divided it up amongst themselves, and before it totally broke apart.

Well, I didn't say I did a good job of it!!

The Urantia Book also says that the Med joined the Indian Ocean way back when and that the Garden of Eden was built on a peninsula sticking out westward on the eastern end of the Med.  Well, I see a long narrow peninsula sticking out from below our current Caspian Sea.  Eventually, the land closed between Arabia and Asia, and the Med dried up to become a vast plain.  A mere 34,000 years ago, Gibralter opened, and the Med. became a sea again and inundated the Garden of Eden.  But obviously, the land masses had separated long before that. 

So we get to Plato's times, and he says "the power" came from the Atlantic Ocean and the enemy were called Atlanteans.  So can we assume then, that the "gods" didn't show up here until the land masses had separated for there to BE an Atlantic ocean, or was the whole "world ocean" at that time called Atlantic?

So if the "gods" were so advanced as to build pyramids and the aqueduct in S. America and had writing, there just may have been a record saved somewhere telling about the "other" continent that's now across the ocean.  After the great flood, the few survivors may have remembered there was another land out there, but they'd be too busy trying to stay alive to maintain written records, and all was forgotten.  Except for a few who were keepers of the records maybe and they handed down their knowledge to specially trained persons, also like in the Bok Saga, and therefore Egypt was the repository of those records. 

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 09:45:17 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2007, 10:13:29 am »

Ok - the above is a little out of whack, but lets use the 500,000 years of the UB as a guide post.  Supposedly, that's when a Planetary Prince was sent to this world to educate the indiginous humans.  He and his staff were supposed to teach us everything we had to know about everything that existed, but he was supposed to do it slowly, over a period of 500,00 years, which would bring us to our present day.  However, he rebelled, after about 300,000 years and decided he wanted to do things his way.  However, when he rebelled, the universal powers quarantined our planet and cut off all universal contact.  BUT, the UB doesn't say just how advanced we'd become before this quarantine, and it does say that this rebellion set us back almost as much as we'd been brought forward.

Some of the staff rebelled with him, and some did not.  The staff split up, along with their followers, some maintaining the light and life theory, (possibly their decendants were of the Bok Family) while the rebellious ones - I believe - developed into the Atlanteans and continued to develop their technology.  Hence we have the stories in the Vedas of flying machines and "unknown" weapons.  The account of complete cities being wiped out  by the "iron thunderbolt" contaminating everything, sounds to me like a weapon that had been on the shelf for a long time, and no one even knew what the results would be when it was used.  Which means that the technology to make it was lost.  A team of scientists located that area, and even now it emits a high radiaton count.

It's too bad Robert Sarmast has closed the forum on his web site, as I had posted quite a bit about this "nuclear" war talked about in the Vedas. 

At this point, we get the universal powers that be, stepping in to clean things up, and we have stories of a great flood or in some cases, how cities were destroyed with fire from the heavens.  Then we start with a clean slate again. and now we're back to where we have nuclear power and bombs that can be used just by pressing a button, etc. etc.  Maybe those universal powers are going to step in again, or maybe they're going to let us almost wipe each other out, and the world will start all over again.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

julia

« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2007, 12:04:28 am »

DearQoais:
your theory of Atlantis was an Island near Africa(between Spain and Africa) Could be true..Look at the Atlantis city in Mauritania: http://geology.com/africa-satellite-images.shtml
It is "Guebel er Rachit" !! You have to look at to west mauritania at  10mi/10km
I think it is true, it was an island near mauritania and it suddenly connected to Africa with an earth quake and the city stayed In the desrt(It didnt sunk..but it must be a terrible event because the whole area is changed,.You have to enlarge the satellite image..
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2007, 12:17:31 am »

IT IS IN MAURITANIA>>THE CITY OF ATLANTIS IT LOOKS LIKE ACRATER BUT IT IS NOT!! JUST THE ISLAND SQUIZZED THERE AND THE CITY OF ATLANTIS CAME IN THE MIDDLE OF DESRT!!GUEBEL ER RACHIT!!
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2007, 12:39:30 am »

Hi Julia
I wish it were true, but that circle is a geologic formation, I've been looking for the pictures of it that were posted in this forum somewhere, but can't remember which thread it was in.
I WAS going to say, that if the Amazons were neighbors of the Atlanteans, and the earth was different then, which it must have been, since the desert was once a lake, and apparently this lake once stretched out to the ocean to the west, then Atlantis is now on the land somewhere.  Maybe at one time the ocean COULD be access thru this lake, and Atlantis was on the shore.  When the land heaved, I don't suppose the lake dried up all at once, but it would certainly be muddy, and ships wouldn't be able to pass.  Then the lake - and I think it was a big one - totally dried up.  Supposedly, the same cataclycism that opened Gibralter, also caused the lake to drain out thru it's bottom and become dry land.  So the passage to the ocean changed, with the opening of Gibralter and the closing of that lake.
Maybe.  But it had to be something like that for the Amazons to be neighbors to the Atlanteans.
Also, the whole Western Med. was a vast plain.  So who's to say that Atlantis ISN'T at the bottom of the Med?  Especially if the lay of the land was totally different. 
It's like that picture I posted earlier, where I filled in the Med with green, and made a lake in the desert.  Perhaps they called that lake "ocean" being it was so large, as Plato does say "the ocean was navigable then", so maybe it DOES mean that they could no longer navigate THAT ocean.  He says "this sea is but a harbor" possibly meaning that at one time it was part of the ocean, or on the shores of the ocean, before it drained away.  When the land changed, and Gibralter opened and the "lake" dried up, it would certainly change the geography wouldn't it?  So Atlantis could have been an "island" AND a "peninsula" with other islands also.  And if the "Royal City" was in a great plain, what greater plain that the Med. itself when it didn't have water in it?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 12:49:41 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2007, 03:18:13 am »

Julia
It's called the Richat Structure and was posted by Brooke at the link below.

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,40.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

DDDnD3D

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2007, 06:03:56 am »

*** Hi Qoais *** YOUR MAP IS CRUDE BUT SHREWD ! IT'S OBVIOUS YOU'VE DONE YOUR HOMEWORK . PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING BEHIND DISSECTING NORTH AMERICA & AFRICA THE WAY YOU DID ? I LIKE THAT IDEA OF A MUCH ENLARGED MEDITERRANEAN SEA THAT ENCOMPASSES HALF OF EUROPE . . . THE BLACK . . . CASPIAN & ARAL SEAS . . . Irak and Iran and the rest of the Middleast . . . & the NORTH COAST OF AFRICA . THIS IS A UNIQUE CONCEPT THAT EXPLAINS ALOT. THE LONG PENINSULA PROJECTING FROM THE EASTERN END OF THE ENLARGED MED FROM PAKISTAN MAKES MORE SENSE THAN Anything else ive heard ! The Elongated Island in the Middle of this Sea with GREECE [& PAROS the Marble Island CRYSTAL] at the CENTRE is very close to an Accurate Representation of the Ley of the Lines FROM THE TIME OF THE GODS ! ! !   DDD****
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2007, 09:29:51 am »

Dear Qoais:
Did anyone dig around of this structure??It really looks like Atlantis.This is not a natural formation.I am soryy I dont think so..It looks like exactly like Atlantis.may be at that time that wasthe shore and Like you said it was connected with an island.But after the earth quake(or earth quakes) the land changed.but this formation stayed In the land..I think seriously some has to dig around there.Of course whatever it was should be gone by now..Butif we dig underneath may be we could find things..I doesnt look natural
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2007, 09:36:01 am »

Dear Qoais:
And this is in front of a Mouth of acontinent.Look at the structure there.It looks like seep sea.And that thing was obvvviously connected to an island like you described it..I think so..We have to find out if someone dig around it??
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2007, 11:23:38 am »

Hi Julia

Here's an article about it:

http://hometown.aol.de/SLVehicles6/Doming-Craters/Dome.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2007, 08:16:57 pm »

Hi 3D
I don't know if I can explain what's in my head, but if anyone could understand, I'm sure it's you.  My head is going round and round in circles right now, as I've just remembered a bunch of other stuff too that I want to mull over.  I'll try to form it into something coherent and see what I come up with.

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2007, 10:08:36 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2007, 11:03:34 pm »

I don't know how accurate the preceding pictures are, but even if they're close it gives us an idea of how the land mass split and divided. 

The Urantia Book says "35,000 years ago marks the termination of the great ice age excepting in the polar regions of the planet.  This date is also significant in that it approximates the arrival of a Material Son and Daughter (Adam and Eve) and the beginning of the Adamic dispensation, roughly corresponding to the beginning of the Holocene or postglacial period."

About 500,000 years ago, the colored races were developed in the highlands of India.  The decendants of these colored people, after great expansion in numbers over 100,000 years, spread out.  "These early colored races were extraordinarily tested by the rigors and hardships of the glacial age of their origin.  This glacier was so extensive in Asia that for thousands of years migration to eastern Asia was cut off.  And not until the later retreat of the Mediterranean Sea, consequent upon the elevation of Arabia, was it possible for them to reach Africa".

As far as I can recall, Arabia was the last piece of land to emerge.  Also, originally, the Med covered a large portion of Northern Africa.

Urantia Book - Paper 80.2.4
About the time of these climatic changes in Africa, England separated from the continent, and Denmark arose from the sea, while the isthmus of Gibraltar, protecting the western basin of the Mediterranean, gave way as the reslut of an earthquake, quickly raising this inland lake to the level of the Atlantic Ocean.  Presently the Sicilian land bridge submerged, creating one sea of the Mediterranean and connecting it with the Atlantic Ocean.  This cataclysm of nature flooded scores of human settlements and occasioned the greatest loss of life by flood in all the world's history".

Paper 73.7.1

After the first garden was vacated by Adam, it was occupied variously by the Nodites, Cutites, and the Suntites.  It later became the dwelling place of the northern Nodites who opposed co-operation with the Adamites.  The peninsula had been overrun by these lower-grade Nodites for almost four thousand years after Adam left the Garden when, in connection with the violent activity of the surrounding volcanoes and the submergence of the Sicilian land bridge to Africa, the eastern floor of the Mediterranean Sea sank, carrying down beneath the waters the whole of the Edenic peninsula.  Concomitant with this vast submergence the coast line of the eastern Mediterranean was greatly elevated.  And this was the end of the most beautiful natural creation that Urantia has ever harbored.  The sinking was not sudden, several hundred years being required completely to submerge the entire peninsula".

Adam and Eve arrived about 37,800 years ago - take away the 4000 years of Nodites populating the Garden before Gibralter opened and we have approximately 33,700 years ago that Gibralter opened.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 12:04:03 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: