Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 08:04:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102570 times)
julia

« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2007, 04:52:11 pm »

Homeric Map:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Homer_world_map-en.svg/280px-Homer_world_map-en.svg.png
clearly shows there is an island Under spain.(Actually He didnt show spain or italy, he just showed greece and that island..That means In Homers toime too that island was known..
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2007, 04:55:14 pm »

Later, It connected to Africa ..And in the south pole of that Island It was Atlantis.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Homer_world_map-en.svg/280px-Homer_world_map-en.svg.png
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2007, 08:12:01 pm »

Hi Julia
You must remember that I've just been putting this theory together from everything I've read and studied, and have no scientific basis to actually come right out and claim the Richat Structure as Atlantis.  I was proposing that it COULD be so if the world looked a little different at the time of Atlantis, which may be the case, if we move Atlantis back in time. 
I would need to do a lot of research in a number of areas to confirm some of the conjectures I've made. 

I came to the conclusion that Lake Tritonis had to be huge - so huge in fact that it was part of the ocean, and had another opening to the area where the Med is now, on the western end.  I did find some geologic maps that showed the earth did look like that, but the dates may not coincide. 

I realize the Richat Structure is larger than what the numbers are that everyone is arguing over, but whose to say if Atlantis was added to how big it got?  Plato actually did say that all the generations added to it. 

The last post I made is the most recent I can find on any study into the Richat Structure and it does not agree that it is made from vulcanic activity, but that too, does not mean it was man-made. 

I think that what ground I have covered, is quite logical, and it would be fun to have a ton of money and go there and do an excavation.  But until such time, I still can not categorically come out  and state "This is Atlantis".

It would take me days to back-track on my own trail, to even write a coherent article on what I was thinking and why I followed certain paths.  Mostly, I'm motivated by logic, and if something doesn't seem logical, I look at it to see why not.  It was logical to me, that the Amazons had to be close neighbors to the Atlanteans, since they attacked them first.  The description of the land of the Amazons, was the same as for Atlantis.  It seemed to me then, that this huge island Plato was referring to, likely had more than just Atlanteans on it.  Herodotus talks about neighboring tribes only being 10 days travel away from each other.  We know there were other people living in the vicinity because Cleito was born there.   The original Amazon city sunk, same as Atlantis.  Then I started thinking about the plain which was protected by the mountains on the north, and started studying the mountains, and plains and land features of Libya.  Like I said, I just kept putting pieces together and if it was logical to me that they fit, I carried on.  Then I remembered seeing the pictures of the Richat Structure, but I wasn't positive where it was so I put up a message asking for the picture as I knew someone in this forum had posted it.  I had thought it was so beautiful at the time, but couldn't remember where it was.  I have since, tried to find out whatever there is to know about it.  I had e-mailed a very large oil company to ask them if they would explain the anomalies regarding the structure, since they are familiar with salt domes - being as how there's usually gas and oil in the vacinity - but they haven't e-mailed me back yet.

I had thought that if Atlantis was near the shore, then the shore had to be somewhere else.  When the seismic upheavals started, and the "lake" started drying up, it's possible that the "canals" were dug deeper to access the ground water.  If the original rivers had been re-directed with this seismic activity, then the Atlanteans knew their days were numbered in that area.  I'm sure it didn't happen over night, but according to the only other source we have - Edgar Cayce - he says the land broke up 3 times.  This would (altho very far back in time if one wanted to speculate) co-incide with the three times the Atlas mountains heaved.  The Atlas mountains were not made in one thrust, but three.  Even if we don't go back THAT far, since the mountains seem to have been there already, since supposedly they're named after Atlas, there was still obviously a lot of seismic activity going on in the area.

There are numerous little bits and pieces that I held in my head, and have just been trying to make a bigger picture.  Not just about Atlantis, but about the world and it's advances from mega ancient times. 

Robsang Lampa mentioned that Atlantis is now buried under Tibet - so if that's true - then we are reallly talking a long way back and Plato is maybe relating the truth, but only as he perceives it from his day and age, not knowing how the earth was shaped thousands of years before his time.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 08:37:55 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
julia

« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2007, 08:26:00 pm »

Hi dear Qoais: I read Dr.Kuhne s article here: http://www.mysteria3000.de/wp/?p=239
he compares The island Sheria and Its capitol Phaecia of Homers Odyssey With the Atlantis..
Isnt Phaecia todays "fez" of Morocco??
if morocco like you thought was aBig island and the city of ATlantis was In the south edge??That make sense isnt it..it must be a huge island though..
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2007, 02:00:08 am »

The Phaiakian ships
The Phaiakians possessed remarkable ships. They were quite different from the Ancient galleys, the ships used during the Trojan War and they were steered by thought. King Alkinoös says that Phaiakians carried Rhadamanthus to Euboea, "which is the furthest of any place" and came back on the same day[4]. He also explains to Odysseus what sort of information the Phaiakian ships require in order to take him home to Ithaca.

Tell me also your country, nation, and city, that our ships may shape their purpose accordingly and take you there. For the Phaiakians have no pilots; their vessels have no rudders as those of other nations have, but the ships themselves understand what it is that we are thinking about and want; they know all the cities and countries in the whole world, and can traverse the sea just as well even when it is covered with mist and cloud, so that there is no danger of being wrecked or coming to any harm.[5]

Homer describes the Phaiakian ships as fast as a falcon and gives a vivid description of the ship's departure.

The ship bounded forward on her way as a four in hand chariot flies over the course when the horses feel the whip. Her prow curvetted as it were the neck of a stallion, and a great wave of dark blue water seethed in her wake. She held steadily on her course, and even a falcon, swiftest of all birds, could not have kept pace with her.[6]

[edit] Geographical location of Scheria
Main article: Geography of the Odyssey
Many ancient and modern interpreters favour identification of Scheria with the island of Corfu, which is within 80 miles of Ithaca. Locals on Corfu had long claimed this, based on the rock outside Corfu harbour, which is supposedly the ship that carried Odysseus back to Ithaca, but was turned to stone by Poseidon, to punish the Phaiakians for helping his enemy:

with one blow from the flat of his hand turned her [the ship] into stone and rooted her to the sea bottom[7]

The Phaiakians did not participate in the Trojan War. The Greek word Phaiakians (Φαίακες) is derived from phaios (φαιός)[8] meaning grey, hence Phaiakians means "dark-skinned". The Phaiakians in the Odyssey did not know who Odysseus was, so they called him a "stranger". Odysseus however was the king of the majority of the Ionian Islands,[9], not only of Ithaca, but also "of Cephallenia, Neritum, Crocylea, Aegilips, Same and Zacynthus"[10] so if Schería was Corfu, it would be surprising that the citizens of one of the Ionian Islands did not know Odysseus. Furthermore, when Odysseus introduced himself to Nausikaa he added: "if I outlive this time of sorrow, may become my there guests though I live so far away from all of you"[11] indicating that Schería was far away from Ithaca. From the ancient times, some scholars having examined the work and the geography of Homer have suggested that Scheria was located in the Atlantic Ocean. Among them were Strabo and Plutarch.

[edit] Geographical account by Strabo
Approximately eight centuries after Homer, Strabo, the geographer criticized Polybius on the Geography of the Odyssey. Strabo proposed that Schería and Ogygia were located in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

At another instance he (Polybius) suppresses statements. For Homer says also:

"Now after the ship had left the river-stream of Oceanus"[12]
and
"In the island of Ogygia, where is the navel of the sea,"[13]
where the daughter of Atlas lives; and again, regarding the Phaiakians,
"Far apart we live in the wash of the waves, the farthermost of men, and no other mortals are conversant with us."[2]
All these (incidents) clearly suggest that he (Homer) composed them to take place in the Atlantic Ocean.[14] (Strabo, 1.2.18)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 02:03:26 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2007, 02:02:33 am »

Fancy that - right from Homer's mouth we get advanced ships that need no steering but can think for themselves.  Fast too.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

julia

« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2007, 08:21:13 am »

Dear Qoais:
Phaecia or faiakia can easily interpreted as "Fez" Or "Fas" when If you dont know the place..And ifyou think about They mostly referred After Sicly as Atlantic Ocean.And Homer shows in his map an Island In the middle of Africa and Spain may be It was there at time.(Or known so) And then connected to Africa.
On the other hand "Sheria" is a semitic word. And It means "The Law of religion" or "Divine Law."
Sheria interpreted as Syria..But, I dont know if in Morocco there is a  Sheria also..
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2007, 06:11:33 pm »

Dear Qoais: look at the Mauritanias history and geography:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauritania
I found a city of Oudane near the Richat structure and It sayslost Garden of Eden..And the plateaus name is ADRAR PLATEAU and The region is ATAR..Doent those names remind you something..And The Russian scientists found an underground river there.
And Look at the ancestors of the mauritanians legends:
A snake with Seven heads!
"For the Soninke people, the decline of their empire was due to the legend of Wagadu, and the rupture of the pact between the empire and the black snake. This happened after the nobles chose Siya Yatabare as the annual sacrifice. She was the most beautiful and “cleanest” virgin girl in that year, but she was also engaged to be married. Her fiancé, Maadi, was the son of Djamere Soukhounou whose unique quality was that he always did what he promised. When Maadi was told him what would happen, that his fiancée would be given to “Bida” - the black snake of Wagadu, he promised Siya that she would not die in the well of Wagadu.

Siya tried to convince him that it is her destiny, that he should let her to be the gift to the snake in order to save the Empire, but Maadi refused. Within days, he asked his friend, the blacksmith of his village named Bomou, to sharpen his saber. When the day came, Maadi set on his way in the direction of the well of Wagadu. Siya Yatabare was well dressed and her hairstyle was in plaited with gold. The praise-singer encouraged her, as did her family. When they left, she saw Maadi and they both fell in tears. Siya told him that if he killed the snake, Wagadu would not have any more rain and the empire would be destroyed forever. Maadi refused, saying their destinies are ratified. He left her and hid himself nearby to wait for the snake.

The snake of Wagadu had seven heads. When the snake took .."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soninke_people
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2007, 06:41:38 pm »

Look Qoais:
The regions name is Atar, the Valleys name is ADDAR. And Look at the pictures:
http://www.madnomad.com/mauritania_photos_0401/
Oadane: http://69.73.180.186/gregg/madPhotos/mauri_0401/img/photos/17_ouadane_DSCF0078_l.jpg
And there is even Aguadira..

--------------------
What else do you want??
With Love and Peace.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2007, 09:36:53 pm »

What else do you want??

Evidence Dah-ling - Evidence.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

julia

« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2007, 10:06:44 pm »

dear Qoais: Why the Maghrib was called jazirat el maghrib(island Of Maghrib) by the Arabs?
Report Spam   Logged
julia

« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2007, 10:34:05 pm »

And In the Satellite Photo If you look at near richat structure there is aCity called Oadane.In that city a region is called LOST GARDEN OF EDEN
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2007, 12:32:28 am »

Hi Julia
Where are you finding information that it was the Lost Garden of Eden?  I'd like to see it.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2007, 12:46:50 am »

dear Qoais: Why the Maghrib was called jazirat el maghrib(island Of Maghrib) by the Arabs?

Perhaps bcause they were separated from the motherland by the desert.  What writings show that they called it jazirat el maghrib?
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2007, 01:00:07 am »

It's too bad Google Earth has these colored squares all over the place.  If you can see the little white word to the left of the Richat Structure, that is Ouadane.  From this height, an old river bed is easily discernable:

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: