Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 10:17:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 106377 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2007, 12:20:06 am »

Poor old Georgeos, here he is , thinking he's the only one EVER to realize about the word Nesos, and here's Rudbeck doing it back in the 1600's!!!!!!!!  I love it.

Since Georgeos has been reading my posts in this thread, and has opened a new thread at AR to take me to task, I will hereby apologize for the above comment.  From his posts at AR it seems I got confused with what he had found thru his own research and what he credited to other writers.

Author  Topic: To Qoais... About Nêsos = Peninsula and my Theory... 
Georgeos Díaz-Montexano

Member # 3100

Rate Member   posted 04-24-2007 07:34 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Qoais... About Nêsos = Peninsula and my Theory...

Qoais:, I see that you use the other forum to make fun of of my theories, because in this forum of AR, you have not been able to maintain nor a single false idea, or absurd, about Atlantis. All its absurd ideas, and their full hypotheses of fantasies, and speculations, without no scientific foundation, all!, I could refute them to traverse, of the paleographical proofs; nevertheless, apparently, its pride was left a little hurt, and for that reason now you use the other Forum, where I am not for defending my honor and my prestige like investigator; a forum that in addition is a pathetic shade of this forum of AR, that is, a mere copy of this Forum of AR (that is original and the one of greater prestige of all Internet).

In its last message, you one makes fun of of my saying that I thought that I had been first in observing that Nêsos can be translated like peninsula, but that you now discover that another European medieval author, had already discovered before I to it.

You is mistaken! , I never said that I was first, nor the only one, on the contrary, to argue that Nêsos also can be translated as Peninsula always I mentioned that this peninsula meaning was in the oldest dictionaries, lexicons, and medieval codices, and in some cases I mentioned until the names of some Spanish authors, who long before that the author that you just have discovered, had defended the translation of Nêsos like peninsula. In this same Forum five years exist many articles published in the last, that demonstrate that what I say is certain.

Never! I said that I had been first in discovering that Nêsos can be translated like peninsula, but is certain that I have been the one that has written more on this point, and the one that proofs has contributed more to demonstrate this fact.

Do you do not feel no shame for to lie of that way in my against?

Do you do not feel no shame for to try to despise my work, and to try to reduce merits to my investigations, by means of lies, and calumnies like these?

[ 04-24-2007, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Georgeos Díaz-Montexano ]

Here is my reply:

Posts: 531 | From: Madrid | Registered: May 2006  |  Logged: 82.158.156.143 |   

Qoais

Member # 3091

Member Rated:
   posted 04-24-2007 11:13 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok Georgeos - I apologize if I've misquoted you. My pride is not hurt, and I've said it before, that I'm not looking for scientific proof, I'm looking for logic. I wanted to discuss all kinds of theories with others who are interested in the same things. The "other" forum, offers that. You were invited to join that forum and chose not to, and you know the reasons why.

The whole point I was having some fun with, was that Nesos COULD also refer to Sweden just like Rudbec figured, and as you state for Iberia. You take everything as a personal insult and it is very exhausting. If you wanted to refute anything I said, you could have done so in the other forum. You have obviously joined it, but don't post in it. I'm sure you've also read the thread entitled "What do you think about Georgeos Diaz-Montexano theory". There are 1189 posts in that thread, all venting about your attitude, so don't lay the blame at MY door alone. I'm sure you've also noticed the poll in that thread asking people if they think your theory was based on serious scientific research. I was the only one who voted yes. So Georgeos - grow up. There is no need to put down the other forum. It's an excellent one. For someone who professes to be so professional, you certainly act in a childish manner. 

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: