Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:31:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 106344 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 10:44:38 pm »

I actually like your idea of Malta being a base that Atlantis used to attack the Greeks and the Egyptians. Plato does give the figures of the armies involved in the battles, but I do see his history concerning the tale end of Atlantis history.  I imagine the reason they invaded in the first place was because their own land was dying out.

Plato doesn't actually give the figures of the armies that attacked the Greeks.  He tells how many men and chariots etc. that each portion of the land had to contribute to the army.  Actually, there's very little about this great battle described at all.  No location, no name of a heroic leader, no name of a king or pharoah that might have been ruling at the time - nothing.

So I started with this in mind:  That the Atlanteans had subjected the lands inside the strait to Italy and Libya - so they already held that area.  If they were going to attack Greece and the rest of Eruope "at a blow", it stands to reason they would launch the attack from a point closest to the targets.  There is no mention that Egypt was ever attacked.  But Plato called the Atlanteans the "invaders" which means they were advancing FROM their territory TO someone else's territory.  They would not be attacking their own lands that were behind them, therefore this battle had to be around the boot of Italy.   

The other thing I checked out about the location of Atlantis was Diodorus Siculus.  He is re-telling an older story he copied, about the Amazons.  The Amazons lived in Libya and attacked their neighbors - The Atlanteans.  I think there is only one person in the world who thinks that Atlantis was a peninsula and not an island and that is Georgeos from the Atlantis Rising Forum.  So I set out to see what this could mean as to location.  He says Spain was a portion of Atlantis.  I don't think so .  Otherwise she'd have been found by now.  BUT - the Amazons lived on an island also - and their island was off the coast of Libya but they conquered a lot of Libya.  I wondered how they could attack another island but I happened to see a documentary on TV the other night and they COULD have done it.  But only if they had boats.  The Persians, when they wanted to attack Greece across a narrow strait, lined boats up side by side and lashed them together.  Then they literally built a road across the boats much like we build a floating pier.  However, the Amazons had 30,000 foot soldiers and 3000 horse.  I wonder if the boats would hold up?  Depends on how narrow the strait I guess.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: