Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:28:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102390 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2085 on: August 18, 2010, 11:55:27 am »

Although I've explained that my conclusion that Atlantis didn't exist as Plato tells us, in the timeline he gives us, was based on study of scientific explanations regarding a number of different fields - such as ship building technology, training of horses, development of civilizations, and where and when they developed, etc., people still get ticked with me and say I'm a skeptic.  I'm not.  I'm just saying that science doesn't bear proof - yet.  As I've said in the Geology of Atlantis thread, if I've misinterpreted the scientific information, then please correct me.  I have no grudge against any other person with a theory, I make no insults - there's nothing personal about the information I've researched.  Since the things Plato describes for the timeline he gives, didn't exist, it's only logical to conclude that he made the story up.  It has nothing to do with whether there was an impact event sending water into outer space, nor whether there was ever a piece of land sticking up out in the Atlantic ocean. 

It has to do with everything else necessary that makes up the life and times of a people who would have had to have a number of prerequisites in order to achieve what Plato said.  Where is the evidence for a civilization having all those necessaries in the time line Plato gives?  If they are out there, we haven't found them, and if such evidence is ever found, then every field of science will have to be torn down and put back together again.

Even if aliens from another planet crash landed here, they would not have the necessary technologies to do what Plato said the Atlanteans did.  They may know how to travel from one galaxy to another, but they wouldn't know how to build a ship, milk a cow, grow food that wouldn't kill them, etc. etc.  These developments take time - and there is no evidence that shows there were people who could sail the ocean, come through the straits of Gibraltar and attack three cultures at a time.  There weren't even established civilizations at the time, so who were they attacking?

Having said all that, I would like to link you to a clip that I found absolutely fascinating.  Some of what is included, has been disproved, but what I found so wonderful, was the artifacts and where they were found.  The film speaks to a possible "global culture" which is highly interesting.  I find this more plausible than there being only one culture on an island somewhere, totally in advance of everyone else attacking a bunch of farmers and hunters.  Perhaps the person(s) was right who said that at one time all the people of the Atlas (globe) were Atla-n-teans.

http://projectavalon.net/lang/fr/klaus_dona_2_interview_transcript_fr.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:42:17 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: