Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:20:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102067 times)
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #2085 on: July 03, 2010, 03:39:42 am »

Thank you Rocky!!!!

I knew I'd read that somewhere.  I didn't believe Troy was where Schliemann supposedly found it, but I could not remember where I read about it's probably location in the north.  Also, the route of the Argonauts seemed not to make sense either.  It makes more sense if they traveled north and came to the land where the sun never set.  When I was looking for where the Pillars of Hercules were located originally, since it appeared that the Greeks did not know the lay of the land in the Western end of the Med. at the time of Heracles,  it was logical to deduct that they had to be somewhere else!  They were supposedly a marker, that was like a notification to travelers saying "You can go no further".  If I could remember where I read all this stuff, I'd link it, but the original Pillars of Heracles may have been in the north where there is a deep chasm between two of the Scandinavian countries and you cannot get through.  I could go back in this thread and find it no doubt, but even I don't feel like doing that!!

The point is, the ancient writers didn't always write the truth.  Just because they say it's the truth, doesn't mean it is. 

So - do we believe Homer and his mind reading ships?

Olof Rudbeck, in the mid 1600s, while working on his proofs of Atlantis being located in Sweden, set his students to duplicate the feat told of in the story of the Argonauts.. of traversing a ship overland from one river to another across many miles in a certain space of time... which had long been(in his day) held as a proof that the story was fable/fiction... and they were successful!  He considered that the tale of the Argonauts was the oldest story of human adventure.. and had been misplaced as being in the Mediterranean... so he deduced what the rivers might be and worked from there.. taking into consideration the long distances reported in the story. Nowhere in the southern locations was this even possible to attempt, as the method required the use of certain slender tree trunks as rollers, and also of greasing the hull with a certain material commonly available in the north but not the south...(sorry can't remember.. and I've loaned the book "Finding Atlantis" by David King).. Now David King had never heard of either the Bock Saga OR of Felice Vinci's work... nor had Vinci seen David King's book or heard of the Bock Saga till long after he published his work on Homer.

I don't believe that the Argonauts TRAVELED north.. I do believe they already were in the north when it took place and the story actually traveled SOUTH with the migrations of the tribes at the end of the climatic optimum (maybe 2500 or so BC?) .. as did all of the tales that Homer reported...

As to the "Pillars of Hercules", Vinci gives an interesting suggestion... that the pillars are actually describing the arrangement of an island in the far North Atlantic, split in two massive halves and viewed from boats passing through appear to be enormous gates (or pillars)  ... again.. I will have to fill in details when I get the book back...

By the way, can you show the passage or passages relating to the airship so I can have a look?

cheers..

M

found my old thread on Rudbeck...

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,937.0.html
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 03:42:47 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: