Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 06:28:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 106417 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2085 on: July 02, 2010, 10:12:53 am »

Thank you Rocky!!!!

I knew I'd read that somewhere.  I didn't believe Troy was where Schliemann supposedly found it, but I could not remember where I read about it's probably location in the north.  Also, the route of the Argonauts seemed not to make sense either.  It makes more sense if they traveled north and came to the land where the sun never set.  When I was looking for where the Pillars of Hercules were located originally, since it appeared that the Greeks did not know the lay of the land in the Western end of the Med. at the time of Heracles,  it was logical to deduct that they had to be somewhere else!  They were supposedly a marker, that was like a notification to travelers saying "You can go no further".  If I could remember where I read all this stuff, I'd link it, but the original Pillars of Heracles may have been in the north where there is a deep chasm between two of the Scandinavian countries and you cannot get through.  I could go back in this thread and find it no doubt, but even I don't feel like doing that!!

The point is, the ancient writers didn't always write the truth.  Just because they say it's the truth, doesn't mean it is. 

So - do we believe Homer and his mind reading ships?

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: