Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:48:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102436 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2070 on: June 28, 2010, 01:13:18 am »

It's most interesting that you ignore the obvious Paulo.

As I said - it can't be both ways.  Plato says Atlantis was in the Atlantic. She sunk.   He says the Athenian "fighting men" all met the same fate.  Let's not be silly and say the men sunk in the ocean at some other time.  Plato is talking specifically about this war that supposedly made the Greeks heroes, and he says that Atlantis sank and so did the warriors.  So tell me Paulo, where was the army when it sank?

You also seem to be ignoring the other points I mentioned, that Plato said that all that was left, were shoals of mud.  How does an island as large as a continent, sink a mile into the ocean floor leaving only shoals of mud?  With all our modern technology, there is no trace of such an event.

Where did you get it that
Atlas was simply a name chosen for "Foremost ruler of the People", they probably forgot his real name.
?

In the beginning of the story, Plato tells about how the gods divided up the world amongst themselves.  He then proceeds to tell about ONE of those gods and his family - Poseidon.  What about the other gods and their offspring?  But wait I forgot.  Poseidon wasn't a real entity, so he couldn't have had a family, it was just an expression for how an island came into existence.
Poseidon or properly Neptune is simply the God of the Ocean. You know as well as I that the term of Poseidon founding the island of Atlantis is simply identifying her birth in the Atlantic Ocean as an island.
Much like we could say a God named Vulcan creates islands in oceans or seas, meaning Volcanos.

Paulo, you are making up most of what you write and most people, including me, aren't going to take the time to research every little item you mention, however, I have been in other forums where you've posted, and where the people who ARE knowledgeable especially about the history of languages, have shown that you  don't have a clue what you're talking about.  I guess it's your dream, and you can live in it forever if you want to.   
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: