Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:37:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 102487 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #2055 on: June 08, 2010, 01:39:56 am »

Riven - Did you just wake up from a nap and were still sleepy eyed Qoais?
So there were no Atlanteans or a city called Atlantis in Plato's Timaeus and Critias?
I fail to see your brainwashed conclusion.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? 

We have found no Atlanteans or Atlantis as Plato gives it.  We find that Herodotus speaks of a people called Atlantean that live at the base of the Atlas mountains.  Diodorus Siculus confirms this, and says they are neighbors of the Amazons.  The Amazons live in the Marsh Tritonis, which was located at the Eastern end of the Atlas mountains.  Therefore, the Atlanteans spoken of by Herodotus and Siculus, are not the imaginary Atlanteans fabricated by Plato, who supposedly live somewhere out in the Atlantic Ocean.

Herodotus told you about the Atlantes and the Ataranteans, so how can you say that you haven't discovered Atlanteans? Funny that Atlantic cultures is a common scholarly term today, but Atlantean cultures are sidetracked? Meanwhile they both are named for the same ocean?

I don't know what you're on about.

Minoans are an Atlantean Tribe,

Prove it. 

See, that is part of your confusion of a pile of mumbo jumbo swirling around and why doubt becomes your best friend Qoais, and your worst enemy.

Herodotus told you that Solon visited Egypt aside of many other classical authors like Plutarch, etc. Are they all liars too?

I don't know what you're babbling about.  Daedalus said in his post that Plato went to Egypt - I corrected him and said it wasn't Plato who went to to Egypt and got the story, it was Solon. (supposedly)

The Royal City of Atlantis was constructed as the Critias says, prior to ships and voyages, which lends to the authenticity of it's antiquity prior to 4000.bC. Ships, not boats or watercrafts, but large ships for warfare or commerce fall into the range of 3000-4000.bC.

And yet three times, Plato says Atlantis sunk 9000 years before Solon. 

If the story were true, and there really was an Atlantis and she sunk in the times when there WERE ships, then there would be a record of her in lots of places, because supposedly she traded with all the other countries and so they all would know of Atlantis as well, and we would have cylinder seals and so forth, showing shipments that came from Atlantis, and pottery etc., just like we do for other ancient cultures.  But we don't. 

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: