Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 03:35:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 106340 times)
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2007, 04:32:53 am »

Yes, Plato simply brought the story of Atlantis to the attention of the western world.  He spruced up the account for dramatic effect, and it worked.  We are still studying Timaeus and Critias intensely today.  Each word is analyed for every possible nuance of meaning that will lead to a whole new theory about where and what Atlantis really was.

Oh I agree.  Personally, I've been stumbling along on my own using my "intuitive understanding" in a lot of cases.  For me, Atlantis is just a small cog in a very big wheel.  I kind of skimmed thru it quite quickly, coming to conclusions that others did after years of research.  I'm no rocket scientist, but logic rules as far as I'm concerned.   Leonard tried very hard to use the data available from the old texts, and those that have been accepted as interpretations.  Only Georgeos argues that all these interpretations are erroneous.
Personally, I think the pryamids are a major clue to everything.  I do believe they were a type of power plant.  If we could find and excavate all the pyramids on earth, we'd likely figure this mystery out.  Although it is possible that the Atlanteans themselves, did not build pyramids.  It does seem tho, that they pissed someone off, and that someone wreaked vengence upon them with a passion.  Plato only touched the tip of the iceberg.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: