Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 01:05:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 106327 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2007, 05:46:22 pm »

Hi 3D
Did I say the Richat Structure was not near the ocean?  I must be losing it because my argument was going to be that it was actually IN the ocean when the lay of the land was different.  That's why I cut up the map and stuck it back together again.  I should have done a better job of it, because I was trying to show that the Med was a lot larger back when, and that these salt marshes must have been leftovers from when the Med. got cut off from the ocean.  Then when Gibralter broke, they got water back again for a time, and then dried up again.  I was thinking that if Atlantis peoples made use of these natural structures that were heaved up, it would make a lot of sense.  Anything natural was credited to the "gods", so I figured perhaps a natural structure was utilized.  When I realized just where the Richat Structure was, it fit in with my theory that this would have been on the edge of the ocean at one time. 

If I said it was not near enough to the ocean NOW, I was probably referring to the argument I'm having with Georgeos in the other forum, where he is so emphatic about Plato's measurements and just how far the city was from the ocean.  So by THAT standard, the distance is too great, but by ancient standards, it was likely nearer the water.  Supposedly, the measurements for the area within the rings is a lot smaller than the Richat structure, but whose to say they didn't add on to it over the years?  And if that isn't the place, perhaps tho, Atlantis was built on a similar structure.  To me this would be totally logical.  It would have the natural springs from the cracks in the salt dome, it had natural rings to guide the water down from the mountains, as well as act as a catch basin, and provide protection when the rings were full of water, from animals and enemies. 

Georgeos has argued that it wasn't noticed until we had space flight.  Perhaps no one had reason to fly over that barren spot before.  Or if they did, it may have been covered in sand or maybe it had sunk and is lifting again.

That "depression" you talk about - I have noticed this also.  I've been staring for hours and the area with Google Earth and Nasa worldwind.  It looks to me like water at one time, went rushing out and left it's impression on the desert floor.  I wasn't sure tho, if this theory was right, so I've been looking for maps that show the areas that still have a bit of dampness.  Then I realized Lake Tritonis had to have been huge, and that for the Amazons to attack the Atlanteans and they were neighbors, and both lived on a huge island, the land had to be different.  Therefore, I concluded that perhaps Lake Tritonis extended to the ocean in the west, or very close to it, making an island or Nesos out of the northwest tip of Africa, Spain, etc.  Lake Tritonis would have been then, part of the ocean. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: