Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 07:39:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 106360 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2007, 02:12:15 am »

A long time ago when the earth was born - the land mass was supposedly all of a piece.  Then things started rockin and rollin and splitting and drifting with the tide.  I know when I was a kid, it was suggested that Africa and the Americas were joined somewhere back when.  So at first, we only had one ocean - the world ocean. (Basically, we still do)

Now my question would be - since we have all different cultures talking about ancient history, and we have an ancient Egyptian Priest telling about even more ancient times - when the gods were on earth - I'm wondering just how far back this story goes.  Like the Bok Saga, it could actually go back farther than we think.  Just WHEN did these Gods inhabit the earth?  Well, according to the Urantia Book that a lot of people don't have any faith in, 500,000 years ago.  Next question then, who were the gods that the Egyptians and Greeks talk about, and then who were the Atlanteans in whose land the Gods were born?  Gibralter supposedly opened 34,000 years ago.  So - the story of Hercules is REALLY old!  But the gods were in existance from the time the earth had developed a land mass because they divided it up amongst themselves.  Don't know how many there were originally, but I don't think very many. 

Anyway, I decided to cut up a picture of the earth and stick it back together again to get an idea what it might have looked like when the Gods divided it up amongst themselves, and before it totally broke apart.

Well, I didn't say I did a good job of it!!

The Urantia Book also says that the Med joined the Indian Ocean way back when and that the Garden of Eden was built on a peninsula sticking out westward on the eastern end of the Med.  Well, I see a long narrow peninsula sticking out from below our current Caspian Sea.  Eventually, the land closed between Arabia and Asia, and the Med dried up to become a vast plain.  A mere 34,000 years ago, Gibralter opened, and the Med. became a sea again and inundated the Garden of Eden.  But obviously, the land masses had separated long before that. 

So we get to Plato's times, and he says "the power" came from the Atlantic Ocean and the enemy were called Atlanteans.  So can we assume then, that the "gods" didn't show up here until the land masses had separated for there to BE an Atlantic ocean, or was the whole "world ocean" at that time called Atlantic?

So if the "gods" were so advanced as to build pyramids and the aqueduct in S. America and had writing, there just may have been a record saved somewhere telling about the "other" continent that's now across the ocean.  After the great flood, the few survivors may have remembered there was another land out there, but they'd be too busy trying to stay alive to maintain written records, and all was forgotten.  Except for a few who were keepers of the records maybe and they handed down their knowledge to specially trained persons, also like in the Bok Saga, and therefore Egypt was the repository of those records. 

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 09:45:17 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: