Atlantis Online
November 28, 2020, 04:46:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 56011 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2007, 10:14:39 pm »

Hi Rock
but we are learning that their prowess as sailors keeps going back further and further.
Yes - and then it seems like a lot of other died-in-the-wool theories are changed over and over as well, until one doesn't know what the heck was going on. 

When there was a first golden age, does the Saga say that there were humanoids on the earth at that time, or that the earth itself, was a paradise, waiting for habitation?  I realize there were several ice ages, and I knew about the amber, but how can one know if amber is 55 million, or 55 thousand years old?  I know they can test the trees and stuff I guess, so if the amber is in the tree, I suppose it's confirmation.

I was referring to the human bodies, since scientists keep changing the time line on when we developed. I think it's funny in a way.  In the other forum I was debating about the pyramids possibly being made of poured concrete (or something similar) and got accused of saying it was a fact, over and over.  Then I got called a cultist wierdo because I posted a few times on the subject.  But it's the scientists that always come out and say "we have discovered such and such and it's a fact, cut in stone", and next week another scientist will do the same thing.  Especially when it comes to dating things.  I had never said poured concrete was a fact myself.  Maybe some of the stuff I copied did, but that wasn't me, I was just putting the info out there.

The gods in the legends certainly were given a lot of credit for being able to do incredible feats, and I go back to (without sounding toooo repititious,) the Bible and the Ark of the Covenant.  Moses kept going in to it and communicating with it.  Saying God was telling him what to do.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: