Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:05:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Problems

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems  (Read 24813 times)
Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2007, 01:03:57 pm »

I understand!  Some sections I steer clear of, too, because of either the subject matter or the type of poster that hangs out there.  I think we all know which ones we like best and which ones we don't!

Europa
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2007, 09:01:56 pm »

In regaurds to posts that get Ugly, I was advised by a good friend recently to avoid a certain catagory of topics. In light of the subject matters, I think I'm just going to leave them alone as well.
I would also like to apologize to anyone who might have found my responces to the republicans there, offensive. I am passionate about certain things and I tend to be extreme when confronted with people who knowingly try to hurt others.......

However, I'm no better in the same sence because I am contributing to an unwinnable war by fighting in it.
Again, my apologies and I promice to behave from now on.  Wink

Although, I would like to advise the Admin., to reveiw "General & Misc".....
I'm sure that once you all have, you'll see why I was so angry with a select few there that enjoy dumping gas on open flames.......

On that note, I will discontinue going back into those threads to avoid any further confrontations.
Report Spam   Logged

Byron
Superhero Member

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2007, 10:26:38 am »

I wouldn't take any crap from those guys, Herefornow.  I have read most of your convos over there with them and thought you kicked a@@ nearly everytime. And I doubt anyone in Admin will object as to the way a few Republican boot-lickers were treated, especially as some apparently still like Bush!
Report Spam   Logged

Win One for the Lion

Healthcare is a Right, Not a Privilige
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2007, 05:15:22 pm »

Thank you Byron....
 Smiley I did to some extent enjoy the thrill of telling them about themselves.
However, I was in the middle of protesting many of their ways by doing exactly the same crime I was accusing them of. After reveiwing this truth about me, I thought it would be better to just feed them the rope, until they hung themselves. However, if they do attack any of you I will be there to defend you at the drop of a hat.

I consider many of you as brothers and sisters and I will not have anyone disrespecting my family/
 Wink
Report Spam   Logged

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2007, 05:25:25 pm »

Love you too HereF!

Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2007, 05:45:05 pm »

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2007, 05:50:47 pm »

On a happier note, I have been researching something more interesting then bashing republicans.
I may be posting more information on alternative energy production soon. Joe Newman, John Hutchison, Albert Einstein and many of our favorites had some less popular ideas that until recently weren't publically
noted.

They will either be appearing in future Science or Alternative history.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2008, 10:24:42 pm »

H E L P ! ! !

IF YOU READ ANY OF MY THREADS THAT HAVE A LOT OF PICTURES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF

I HAVE               D U P L I C A T E S.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

THANKS,
B

Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2008, 09:55:18 am »

MODS,

I have been having a real hard time posting, for a while, now.

It takes forever for a page to load and I am lucky if it doesn't 'drop' to another page or disappear
altogether.  When you post as much as I do, that can be really a great vexation and waste of time.

I have been driving the people at Dell crazy with my problems and they can't find anything wrong
with my machine.  As a matter of fact, AO is the only place I have a problem with....

Well, it seems that Qoais also encountered the same problem I did on Sunday.  See Bianca thread.

Today and last night, I am getting this:

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF For Free was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SMF For Free Support forums located at
http://www.smfsupport.com

As poorly lacking in 'tech savvy' as I am, even I can figure out that all the problems I have been having seem to be from our greatly increased traffic. 

(CONGRATS!!!)

Can you help?
Report Spam   Logged

Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2008, 12:08:20 pm »

Hi Bianca,

That's a server problem and the owner has to fix it, we don't have the ability to do so!  I'll look into the general tech forum tonight and see if they are onto it and, if so, how long it will be before it's taken care of.

In the meantime, I adjusted your look and layout preferences so you can post faster.

Sorry for the glitch, people.

All the best,

Europa
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2008, 12:15:10 pm »

Ah, Europa, my "Guardian Angel",

Always on the Job!!!

I have no doubt that, if it can be fixed, you'll do it!!!

Thank you!!!

Hugs,
b
Report Spam   Logged

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2008, 01:56:58 pm »

Hi Europa,

I have been very frustrated about how slow AO has been over the past few weeks.  Can you give the rest of us hints about how to make it work faster?  Do you suppose it has anything to do with the recent changes that were made.  The slowness happened around the same time.

Report Spam   Logged
Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2008, 03:18:48 pm »

Hi Tom,

The page takes an awful long time to load because we have so many forums on it.  The way to get around quickest is to use the little white box that says "Go" on it and then go to the forum you want.  You can move around within seconds if you use that box!

Having said that, we probably will be pairing down some of the stuff we added to the page, but the problem that Bianca was referring to is actually related to the server that AO is on, not AO itself.  There is a "glitch" that happens sometime.

I adjusted your look and layout preferences like I just did Bianca's, so hopefully you can post faster!

If either of you wants to let me know if the forum was any faster this afternoon, by all means let me know!  My connection during the day is a DSL one, but our entire server is pretty slow, so it has always been pretty slow for me!

All the best,

Europa
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2008, 05:10:51 pm »

It seems to work a little faster.  Thanks, Europa.

P.S.  I could not find a "Go" box, but I assume you mean the white box that says "Search."  That would work, I suppose if I had a favorite forum.   Wink

What I normally do is use the Unread or Recent option.

Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2008, 09:22:58 pm »

Thank you, Europa!

The 'quick reply' works fine for that particular post, yes.  Unfortunately it's hard to use when
posting an article with a heading.  I have been having trouble with that too.  I center the title
and when I come back to post more, the title is always off center.  So, I recenter it, but it's
off again when done....

A lot of the 'blinking and twitching' has eased up a bit too.

I agree with Tom that the problems started with the new changes or thereabouts.

Like Tom, I don't know where the GO box is.

I do have a suggestion that might help:

Eliminate the addendum at the bottom of the page.  Now that Chronos has given me his list,
I add a link to it after I post 'Today in History'.  It is much better than the one on the bottom
of the page.  Plus it seems not too many people beside me are using the link to the stories.
Many of us were already using Archaeology News, anyway.

Plus, it really s----s me up royally, when I am posting a lot.  It sets off the page and I have to wait
again so that I can go back to the top (to go to my last post on the bottom), then I have to wait
again so I can click on 'go down', then I have to wait to go down.....Please get rid of it and see what happens, who knows.....? 

Thank you for all you do!

Hugs,
b
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: