Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 08:19:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Problems

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems  (Read 24858 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: March 03, 2007, 03:57:30 pm »

I have noticed a white, rather wide band at the top and bottom of my page
that reads:

i     You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It does not seem to affect anything, although I have not posted today, except for this. 

Thank you.
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

zaphod

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 04:48:38 pm »

Yes, I have the same thing, It doesn't seem to be preventing anything from being posted.

I think there used to be some type of advertising running in that space.
Report Spam   Logged

"I don't know what anything "is", I only know what it seems to me at the moment" -  Robert Anton Wilson
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 06:40:10 pm »

Hi,

That's simply the place where advertising for the site is placed (which we aren't the ones that handle). When no advertising there is present, you get that default message. Don't mind it, it has nothng to do with the forum or it's performance.  Thanks.

SG
Report Spam   Logged

"Often the test of courage is not to die but to live." — Vittorio Alfieri
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 07:04:28 am »

Thanks, Sun Goddess!

Love and Peace,
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 08:55:44 pm »

I am frustrated by the fact that when you post something new you cannot see it at "new posts".  That was one thing I appreciated in the system at AR.  When you posted it would be at the top of the new list.  Sometimes when I want to get back to something to add, then I can't find it!
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Majeston

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 09:19:18 pm »

Rocky
at the bottom of the home page you will see this

Forum Stats

4554 Posts in 496 Topics by 196 Members. Latest Member:  Prometheus                                                         
 Latest Post: "Re: Dr. Richard Boylan's..."  ( Today at 10:08:50 pm )
    View the most recent posts on the forum.

Click on the most recent posts line......you get 10 pages
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 09:22:54 pm by Majeston » Report Spam   Logged

"melody has power a whole world to transform."
Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits.
Harmony is the speech of Havona.

http://mercy.urantia.org/papers/paper44.html
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 12:18:03 am »

Yoiks!!  Faskinating.....Thanks D. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 12:21:58 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »

I didn't know where to put this and I didn't want to start a new thread, since
it really isn't that important.

Most of my posts are copied from books I own and I type them.  I am a lousy
typist, even on a good day.  And today was a 'bad day' and I was slower than
molasses, my fingers just didn't want to move.   Of course, somebody got a little
annoyed........Where the H--l is the rest of it?

If, as happened today, you read a post by me and it seems to "go nowhere",
it's usually because I am typing the next part.

So, please don't get annoyed and check back later.

Love and Peace,
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

bluducky

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 08:06:02 pm »

Greetings,

I have noticed that, in my profile, my email is listed as being hidden, and yet, whenever I see one of my posts, there is an option to email me.

This isn't necessarily a problem to me, but it's not working, either way. (I enjoy emails. they give me a break from what i'm doing Grin)
Report Spam   Logged
bluducky

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 09:02:36 pm »

Ahem.. back again.

I was thinking that perhaps the General section could be moved up the list, so that more people post there. I went there, assuming I might find something light-hearted, but when I found it (yes, I kept going straight past it) It was DEAD!

Back at AR, the General section used to be one of the most enjoyed sections by members.

Perhaps sections should be listed in order of popularity?
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 02:59:30 am »

Hi Bluducky,

Nice to see you back here again.  Not to worry, people can email you, either through the board, or PM, but they can't see your email, that is private if you choose it to be.

As for moving General & Misc. up, well there is a sort of order to the board already that follow:

Atlantis>>Ancient Cultures & Mysteries>>the Occult>>>Religion>>the Arts>>Science>>>Space>>>Writing & Art

We can't move it up, because, as you see, it really wouldn't fit. It's sort of an academic curriculum, designed for the educators and students here.

However, we could move it down, to above writing & art to give it more visibility.  Our art  & writing sections (at the bottom of the page) are some of the most popular sections here, mostly due to members like Unknown and Cleasterwood posting their writings. Most other forums have General & Misc. at the bottom of the page anyway.  I agree, our General & MIsc. section should be livened up a bit, but if you take a look back at the one at AR, it isn't quite what it used to be either.  People tend to liven up a section, so if you have any ideas how to do that, by all means, feel free.

If you see any other category you think should be added, by all means, let me know.

Peace,

Veronica

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:12:51 am by Veronica Poe » Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 08:39:11 am »

Veronica

I still think that there ought to be an addition to the EGYPT section.   As Religion/
Myth was so important in their lives, I think a subsection for that should be added,
so that people who wish to do so may discuss the gods of their Pantheon, the
Book of the Dead and the like.

Also a section could be added <Akhanaten/Amarna>, which is being discussed
more and more, given its relation to Moses, especially.

Thank you for really trying to keep everyone happy.  As some people might say:

GOOD JOB!.......

Love and Peace,
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

DDDnD3D

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 09:52:43 pm »

***IVE ALSO ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM . . . POSTING FROM MY CELL PHONE. I LIKE TO KEEP MY PHONE OPEN & COMPOSE  IDEAS AS THEY COME TO ME WHILE IM DOING OTHER THINGS. THE OTHER NITE I FELL ASLEEP. . . WOKE UP SOME HOURS LATER. . . THE CELL WAS STILL ON. . . APPARENTLY I WAS STILL ONLINE! I FINISHED THE REPLY TO RE: ATLANTIS IN ANTARCTICA . . . CLICKED POST. . . A MESSAGE CAME UP TO LOGIN. SO I LOGGED IN AGAIN? WENT BACK & POSTED AGAIN ! ANOTHER MESSAGE : THIS POST HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. . . CHECK BOARD INDEX.  which i did. . . but didnt see anything there from here ! i bookmarked it but it didnt save ? i may have to retype ¿¿¿ I NEED A SECRETARY ¡ ¡ ¡   D*D*D*D
Report Spam   Logged
Elric
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 10:33:10 pm »

DDDnD3D, actually that's a problem with the "cookies" placed in your browser, which expire after an hour (if you log in at the top of the page) or two hours (if you log in at the bottom.  You can set them for "all day" and forever" but I've never done that myself, so I'm not sure how it works.

My advice, if you think you've been at the forum for over an hour, would be to "select" and "copy" before you post a message.  If you get the error message, all is not lost, though, you just have to hit the back button to get back to your original post before you sent it, it should still be there.
Report Spam   Logged
DDDnD3D

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 10:46:03 am »

***Hi Elric. . . this is an experiment. . . ive been logged in way over 2hrs. im quite sure i was clicked on "forever" the other n*te . . . thats my typical M.O. . . i dont think select & copy is a function on my cell phone. BOOKMARKS seems to be the closest . . . but it doesnt perform like SAVE TO DRAFTS. . . only seems to work for saving websites & images . . . but not TEXT that i type in ! as far as ive figured out anywayz. there was no problem going BACK to original post . . . it was there ! ! !  but it just would not SUBMIT? and then it just vanished !  I'll have to get around to retyping it.  ANYWAYZ ITS AMAZING WHAT THIS LITTLE MACHINE CAN DO ! ! ! This little thing that is half the size of your average MOUSE ! ! ! without a plug in & without an antenna . . . i can lay in bed & communicate with people around the GLOBE. really quite amazing when one thinks about it. this is the PALMTOP of the future.   *D*n*3*
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: