Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:46:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Problems

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems  (Read 24638 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2007, 07:20:44 pm »

Bianca, you have contributed more to our understanding then anyone else can even relize.
Remember no matter what you deside. You are the blood-line of this whole forum, and a heart can't beat without the blood.

I have always considered you a great friend and I love your posts.
It just wouldn't be the same without you dear, and I for sure would miss you to no end.
Regaurdless of A$$Hole$, there is a whole band of brothers and sisters here that love you.

Hang in there B....   Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2007, 09:09:04 am »

Oh, guys, this is too much.....

After we "splintered" from AR, someone over there (Brig, I think) stated that we were a
"MUTUAL ADMIRATION SOCIETY".

One could say that, we ALL  came here with great enthusiasm, determined to make this
site a great success.

W E   D I D

Part of that success is the fact that, even though we are of the same mind, we are so
varied in our backgrounds and interests.  But we made that work to our advantage. 

Each according to our own schedules and obligations.  Me, I am at a stage in life where I can do (finally) what I darn well want to with my time.....

So I choose to be here.  You all must be aware there are all sorts of things available to senior
citizens; also that I am interested in al lot of things (too many, maybe).

But this is where I want to be at this point in time.  True, part of me is doing it because I would
like to leave "a little bit of me for posterity", a sort of legacy for those who come after.

I am not being morbid.  I am 70 years old, after all........

But the BASIC reason is because all of YOU are part of it, my friends, my other family......

So, yes, Brig, we are a MUTUAL ADMIRATION SOCIETY!!!

Oh, why beat around the bush?  I am Italian, after all, and I am expected to be emotional
and mushy!!!

Oh, guys, I LOVE YOU ALL, too.  Life wouldn't be the same without you, for me either!!!

b

Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2007, 09:49:07 am »

Oh, one more thing:

Given the size of the Forum, I think it is too hard for the Mods to keep track of things.

So, it's up to us to be on guard for SCHOOLYARD BULLIES. 

I never was aware of an Absonite during the short time I was at AR.  So, when I was
warned here about him, I never connected him with Majeston.

After my first encounter with him here a few months ago, I made it my business to re-
search the AR archives. 

WHAT I FOUND THERE WAS MORE THAN APPALLING - IT WAS BEYOND THE PALE.

Let's make sure we don't let this hapen again!

Love and hugs,
b
Report Spam   Logged

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2007, 01:11:12 pm »

I'm not sure who all the Atlantis Online moderators are, but I would like to thank them for keeping all of the troublemakers and trolls at AR from contaminating this group.  If the moderators hadn't done their job, we would have ended up like AR is today--dead, dead, dead!

Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2007, 02:00:16 pm »

That is very true Tom.  When I told my husband what Majeston had said to me, he said "Leave that forum".  If we all left, it would certainly die, and it's too good to let that happen.  Kudos to the admin for being fair but firm.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2007, 03:38:49 pm »

On behalf of all the mods here, I thank you all! 

It is unpleasant banning people from a forum, but, as we see, some people do deserve it.  Maybe if they had banned more of the troublemakers at AR, people wouldn't have left there in droves. 

Important for everyone to realize, if you have a problem with something going on here, give us a chance to straighten it out first. 

Remember, people, the idea behind this forum is for it to be your forum, where members have more of a say in what is going on, not less. Democracy rules! 

All the best,

Europa
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2007, 05:37:11 pm »

Oh, everyone, just one more thing:

Someone had this all 'upside-down'.  I got an e-mail stating:

"....... You posted a reply in one of his threads, the one about Bush being giggly........"

JUST FOR THE RECORD:

The post in question is in OPINIONS etc.  It is  M Y  post and it's titled:

"Your president GIGGLED  and GRINNED while discussing WORLD WAR III"

Can anyone honestly believe that such an article would have been posted by the likes

of ABSONITE/MAJESTON?

R O T F L M A O..............
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2007, 07:27:32 pm »

Smiley  I was put through the "trails of intellectual snobs" at Atlantis Rising many times.  I know all about Brigs.  When Qoais invited me here to Atantis Online, I was delighted to find a warm, friendly, positive atmosphere, among people who could respect diverse opinions without ridicule. 

I can only hope the admins can keep it that way here.  This has been a great place, and I want it to stay that way.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2007, 07:45:08 pm »

Yeah not to mention this one actually has a coffee shop.

Coffee rules!
Report Spam   Logged

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2007, 11:49:52 am »

Dear Admins,

Is there a way to REMOVE threads from coming up in your NEW REPLIES TO YOUR POSTS once you have posted there?

I have posted in a few threads I don't want to clutter my NEW REPLIES list....

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 11:51:39 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2007, 05:03:01 pm »

http://www.deezer.com/?urlIdSong=103031
Report Spam   Logged

Ceneca
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2007, 04:40:54 am »

Dear Admins,

Is there a way to REMOVE threads from coming up in your NEW REPLIES TO YOUR POSTS once you have posted there?

I have posted in a few threads I don't want to clutter my NEW REPLIES list....

Sorry, Rockessence, I just checked the options available and didn't see anyway to change that.
Maybe just mark replies as "read" if you you're not interested in those particular responses?
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2007, 11:16:56 am »

Bummer!

OK Next question...Is there any "Ignore button" so you don't see postings from a particular poster?  They had that capability ar AR.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 11:18:42 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2007, 11:49:38 am »

Hi Rockessence,

I actually didn't see any button that allows you to do that.  If you go into your profile, under "look & layout preferences," it gives you the options of ignoring messages from certain people.  You can also stop seeing replies to your posts, didn't see anything about ignoring anyone, though.

Certain people tend to go around certain topics, though. Maybe it would be best to just stay clear of the topics they tend to post in?

Happy Friday, everybody!!!

All the best,

Europa
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2007, 11:55:55 am »

I will check it out....maybe I mis-spoke about it being in AR and it WAS here!

Unfortunately I responded early on in a few threads that turned really stinkey and they are now constantly in my Unreads.....
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: