Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:55:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Problems

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems  (Read 24649 times)
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2007, 01:29:49 pm »

Grin  Miskatonic University. (didn't the Joker get his degree from there?  LOL)

Well, Rockesence, at least you got to travel the Greek Isles when you were young, LOL. 

Perhaps we are all a litte to physically separated for an actual physical gathering.  But maybe there's a cyber space version we could all participate in, (I mean besides this great one, LOL). 

My kids play a computer game called the Sims, and they create characters with houses and pick out furniture.  Where's our resident computer geek to help us create a cyber space "party"?  I've seen things like "Elf" yourself where your picture is placed on an Elf like annimation of yourself and it dances around.  It's hilarious! 

Maybe there's a way to have a cyberspace party or convention?   
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2007, 03:54:35 pm »

HMMM
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2007, 04:06:48 pm »

Smiley 
HMMM
  I take that as you're thinking about it, LOL.  Either that or you found some of whatever DnD was on, LOL. 
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2007, 08:14:00 pm »

Let's just say I hope not, in regaurds to the tute man.
 Smiley

As far as the thinkin goes, I'm always doing that part. Somewhat.
Usually when I give a "Hmm", it means I might have been inspired.
Now, this isn't alway a good thing.  Grin
However I had pondered live chat software for a minute.
Kinda get the software and "Give" it to the web admin.
Yeap...

Hmmm
Report Spam   Logged

Zodiac
Superhero Member

« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2007, 10:35:41 pm »

Miskatonic University. (didn't the Joker get his degree from there?  LOL)

Nah, you are thinking of Arkham Asylum!  Miskatonic is the university in all the H.P. Lovecraft stuff.

Hey, if we are going to do a version of the Sims, we should each get to choose which computer girl we get to shack up with.  Some of us might want more than one!   Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
mdsungate

« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2007, 11:05:15 am »

Smiley  I knew that, (about Lovecraft)... was only "joking" about Arkham, LOL.  More than one chick?  Wouldn't want my Sims character to end up on trail with a "cyber Judge" like that radical Mormon is, LOL. 

"Live chat" would have some problems with the time differences in where we all live, HereForNow.  But maybe there could be a few pauses in the party talk... very long pauses, LOL.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »

Smiley  I knew that, (about Lovecraft)... was only "joking" about Arkham, LOL.  More than one chick?  Wouldn't want my Sims character to end up on trail with a "cyber Judge" like that radical Mormon is, LOL. 

"Live chat" would have some problems with the time differences in where we all live, HereForNow.  But maybe there could be a few pauses in the party talk... very long pauses, LOL.   Wink

AOL overcame this, and then yahoo. It can be done my friend.  Wink
Who ever is on, can Instantly contact other members for live, real time chat.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 03:13:31 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2007, 04:16:14 pm »

Smiley  Oh you mean like an instant messaging type of party.  I guess that could be done.  Why not.   Cool
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2007, 05:06:10 pm »

The best answers to anyones questions, are the one's in your heart.

Don't Ask!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 05:06:42 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2007, 01:23:37 pm »

Smiley  I won't ask.  I won't tell.   Tongue  LOL. 

But listening to your heart is always a good idea.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2007, 06:32:18 pm »

http://www.deezer.com/?urlIdSong=218

Report Spam   Logged

unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2007, 03:25:41 pm »

Quote from Majestron

"I suggest we change the name of this forum to Bianca online.

This fanatical obsessive addictive personality has now reached 7,400 posts.   

SEVEN THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED

Is there a doctor in the house ?

go to GET-A-LIFE-DOT-COM"

I am truly disgusted that this attack was leveled on a kind and generous lady like Bianca, that someone would be so rude, so uncouth as to attack a senior citzen confined to a wheelchair. That Bianca's enormous and profound contributions to this site were used in an outrageous attack against her.

Bianca's post's are almost entirely substantive and from published sources, does anyone here think that this site would be anywhere near as successful or informative without her.

She has e-mailed me that she is leaving. Mainly because she does not need to be harassed, and attacked personally.

It is my considered opinion that all personal attacks are out of line. If you cannot argue your case on it's merits then you shouldn't be allowed to spew hateful comments ad naseum.

I will be sorry to see Bianca go, and the forum will certainly be diminished by her absence.

I hope all of you who know and respect Bianca the way I do, will speak out on this.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 02:09:35 pm by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2007, 03:51:09 pm »

I totally agree with the sentiments expressed above.  People should not be harrassed simply because their views or methods differ from another's. And Bianca has done more than anyone here to make this site the success that it is.

Majeston is no longer with us and has been banned from the forum. 

It wasn't my first choice as we have known him for quite some time, and know that he has both good and bad in him.  However he was warned earlier about personal attacks and did not seem to want to listen.

A little disagreement here and there is fine, in fact, it wouldn't be much of a forum if we did not have some differences.

However, blatant personal attacks and insults are straight out of line.  Since I believe he can still post at Atlantis Rising if he wishes, he still has a means to express himself if he wishes. 

Hopefully, things will return to normal around here, as days like this are not a good usage of our time.

Peace,

Veronica

Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2007, 05:07:40 pm »

Thank you Veronica
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2007, 07:12:20 pm »

I totally agree with this also.  I was getting a little tired of the insulting attitude myself. 

If the man wants to hurt people he should find an S & M site to join.  But I guess it wouldn't be any fun for him if people LIKED that treatment.

Please Bianca, don't go.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 07:19:42 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: