Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:03:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Problems

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems  (Read 24754 times)
Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2007, 08:35:35 pm »

Hi everyone,

The forum was down for about three hours today.  Sometimes the server we are on (server 2) gets overloaded, and it affects all the forums that are on it, not just this one.  Fortunately, the owner is around pretty often and usually manages to fix these problems fairly quickly.

While we were having problems, I checked our back up forum and it was doing fine, though.  It is on server 3, and that was apparently not affected.  It's nearly identical to this one, and anyone is welcome to post there when we are having difficulties. 

I will send a few of you the address who are here during the day, anyone else is welcome to email me and I will give it to them, too.  A word of caution, though, we haven't gotten the chance to work on it as much as we have this one, though, so there aren't anywhere near as many posts or members.  Some of the categories also haven't been updated either, although they will be eventually.  The idea behind it is to simply have a place to go and continue our research when the main forum is having problems. This forum will, of course, still be our major focus.

All the best,

Europa

Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2007, 07:11:04 pm »

ADMINISTRATERS:

The search engine is not working well. 

I think there is a thread about the DOGONS but I can't find it.

Can anybody help?

Thank you,
b
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2007, 09:03:36 pm »

Hi Bianca,

I just simplified the search engine so the results will come up faster, however, I didn't see any thread for Dogons on the forum.  I actually don't remember one ever started and am here most days.  Maybe one was never started after all.
Report Spam   Logged
DDDnD3D

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2007, 02:01:08 am »

*** Thats Curious? Nothing on Dogons? MALI Huh "The Sirius Mystery" . . . and all in the area of the Richat Structure ! ? ¿       DDD****
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2007, 06:50:44 am »

Thanks, Felicia

I thought I had seen one.  I wanted to make sure I didn't duplicate, there is enough
of that already.

b
Report Spam   Logged

Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2007, 04:07:26 pm »

Hi Bianca,

There is some duplication in the forum!  Some people are doing research related to papers they are working on in college, they get graded on them, which is why they don't simply add to an old topic. 

I look forward to reading what you have to say on the Dogons!  From what I know of them, they were a people very in touch with the stars.

All the best,

Europa
Report Spam   Logged
Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2007, 04:54:43 pm »

Nice work on finding, "the Early Inhabitants of the Canary Islands/Bajocco,"  by the way!  I have never run across that one. 
Report Spam   Logged
mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2007, 12:39:30 pm »

Smiley  ADMINISTRATERS:

Is there a way of marking my favorite threads so I can find them easier,(without marking them as "unread")?  I find myself always going back to "replies to my posts", to read up on my favorite topics.  But when I don't have anything to reply, they disappear. 

Then when I go to look for them on the main board, there are so many, that I can't remember where they were, LOL.  I end up going to members and clicking on myself to show my own posts, just to find the spot I was looking for. 

Maybe there's a easier way to do this, and I'm just clueless, LOL!  Tongue 

P.S.  If this question has been covered before, then please excuse my ignorance. 
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2007, 01:52:17 pm »

Hmm, I wish I could find some way to help you on that, mdsungate, but I just went through the forum software and didn't see anyway to add an option that might help you with that.

You can click on your name wherever you see it, and it takes you immediately to your profile, though (without going through the whole memberlist), then you can, of course, select, "show the most recent posts of this user."  Then, you can see a list of your most recent posts in the topics you have posted in.  Not sure if that helps you out anymore, but it is the quickest way I can think of.

All the best,

Europa
Report Spam   Logged
mdsungate

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2007, 03:46:46 pm »

Smiley  Thanks for answering so promptly Europa.  I forgot I could click on my name.  That is shorter.  Maybe this is something for you to think about in future improvements.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2007, 04:47:14 pm »

Sungate:

Sometime I can't remember the name of the thread, but I do remember the name of the poster.

then I do the same with them and track their posts.

This site is really getting   V A S T .

CONGRATULATIONS, ATLANTIS-ON-LINE!!!
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2007, 10:08:11 am »

Shocked  It sure is! Go Atlantisonline!  Unknown just messaged me with the very same problem!  He wanted to respond to one of my posts, and couldn't remeber where the Tesla thread was, LOL.  I relayed all this good advice.  Thanks, Bianca and Europa., ... gratefully, Mike   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2007, 03:28:57 pm »

Congratulations to everyone!!  Everyone here has played their part in making Atlantis Online a success.  I think that the Tesla thread is in one of the science forums.

On the bright side, I think we are about all done adding forums, with the possible exception of some tweaking here and there. 

The forum tree sort of was planned like this:

Announcements
^
Atlantis
^
Ancient Cultures
^
Ancient Mysteries
^
Religion
^
Science
^
Environment
^
the Arts
^
General
^
Creative

Once you have the basic layout down, you at least know what section may have what.

All the best,

Europa

Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »

I love the discussions that we have all shared here and I hope that they will continue to encourage the imaginations of everyone in the months/years ahead.

Thinking back, I've been talking to most of you for a few years now and there has never been the mention of a convention, or gathing.
Not important though. I love you all the same, and I'm glad I've had the chance to make your aquaintences.

Cheers!
Report Spam   Logged

Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2007, 04:17:07 pm »

Nice idea, but it would probably be hard for everyone to get there...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: