Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:09:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Why are people not voting Republican?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people not voting Republican?  (Read 1300 times)
Roy McGiness

« on: October 25, 2007, 11:26:56 am »

It just baffles my mind. Don't people know what we stand for?  We, Republicans stand for:

family values
homeland security
the war on terror

Who would not stand for that?
I would like for someone to explain to me why they do not like my Republican Party or support our values.

Roy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

the Hawk

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 01:10:13 pm »

I don't get it either, Roy, you certainly wouldn't ever catch me voting for one of those liberal Democrats. I imagine that the Islamic fascists would be then coming here in droves.  And they wouldn't be happy unless they were allowed to bomb the White House.
Report Spam   Logged
Roy McGiness

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 03:09:08 pm »

By golly, Hawk, finally a fella here who makes some sense!  I support Mitt Romney for President. I don't know where he stands on any of the issues, but he has been married to the same woman for twenty years, has five sons, and that's sure enough for me. 

I'm a bit concerned cause he doesn't look like a beer drinker, but I guess a fella can't have everything in this election.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 04:15:40 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/10/24/war-protester-gets-into-r_n_69755.html
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:50:46 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 02:39:06 am »

Bianca:

They're probably COINTELPRO agents who've picked up on this forum.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 09:55:39 am »

Hi, Elmer.  Is that you?

Here's a book you might want to read about Republican family values.

http://www.buzzflash.com/store/reviews/819

Report Spam   Logged
Jake

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 10:08:35 am »

Do you honestly believe that their is a difference between Democrat and Republican? If so, you need to get out more Wink.

Jake

ps. Volitzer, COINTELPRO, I love it.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 10:28:43 am »

ROTFLMAO, Tomm!!! 

This was too good to resist:

PROGRESSIVE BOOKS, MOVIES, AND MUSIC- FOR PROGRESSIVES, BY PROGRESSIVES, ON BUZZFLASH

BuzzFlash Reviews

SEARCH | ALL REVIEWS
The Brotherhood of the Disappearing Pants: A Field Guide to Conservative Sex Scandals (Paperback)
By Joseph Minton Amann and Tom Breuer

BUZZFLASH REVIEWS

"If you're like me, you are finding it very difficult to keep track of Republican and Evangelical sex scandals. Goodness, they just keep screwing and screwing up faster than my aged brain cells can synapse. Well, fret no more! The naughty liberals over at Nation Books have felt your frustration and on October 28 their newest title, The Brotherhood of the Disappearing Pants: A Field Guide to Conservative Sex Scandals will be available nationwide."

-- Richard Rothstein

This book, by the authors of "Sweet Jesus, I Hate Bill O'Reilly," is great fun. Since BuzzFlash has been posting Republican sex scandals for more than seven years, we know how vast the field is to cover. As "wide-stance" Larry Craig once again showed, the GOP sexually perverted hypocrites -- of the heterosexual, bi-sexual, and gay variety -- just can't keep their pants down. (We should note that there have also been a number of Republican women who have been caught with their skirts down.)

The authors document the details with a delightful droll voice. More than 60 "family value" GOPers get "exposed" in this rollicking Nation Books publication. In fact, even though "Disappearing Pants" has just been released, Larry Craig's coming out stall incident happened too recently to be included.

You just can't keep up with the latest members of "the brotherhood of of the disappearing pants"!

This book should be considered an introduction to the largest secret society in GOP land, the club of Republican sexual hypocrites and perverts.

And remember, this is only the tip of the iceberg -- and only includes some of the more noted GOP and "Christian values" leaders.

What about the unheralded garden variety member of the Grand Old Party "disappearing pants" club? You know, the ones who are your neighbors? Huh, don't they deserve some recognition?

Maybe Joseph Minton Amann and Tom Breuer will go "grassroots" in a sequel to this book that will bring a smile to your face.

As we repeat every week in our BuzzFlash GOP Hypocrite of the Week column:

"SO MANY REPUBLICAN HYPOCRITES, SO LITTLE TIME."

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:06:40 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Roy McGiness

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 10:30:54 am »

By golly, Bianca, it looks like Condi had her Halloween early.  And look at that woman's face!  How scary, I sure wouldn't want to be next to her.
Report Spam   Logged
Roy McGiness

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 10:33:43 am »

Do you honestly believe that their is a difference between Democrat and Republican? If so, you need to get out more Wink.

Jake

ps. Volitzer, COINTELPRO, I love it.  Smiley

Sure there's a difference, Jake. We Republicans are the party of God, country and homeland security.  That's why I am confused as to these polls out there.  Can we believe them?
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 10:36:52 am »

I wouldn't want to be next to CONDY, her 'Hallowe'en face' is on ALL YEAR LONG.........

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:03:23 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 10:57:21 am »

By golly, Bianca, it looks like Condi had her Halloween early.  And look at that woman's face!  How scary, I sure wouldn't want to be next to her.

You're complaining about her face??
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 11:11:44 am »

Yea, Allison,

he must surely be complaining about Condy' 'year-long Hallowe'en face', eh?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:03:55 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 11:22:46 am »

So Many Republican Hypocrites, So Little Time:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 26, 2007 |

RICHARD MELLON SCAIFE

Welcome back to the BuzzFlash GOP Hypocrite of the Week.

The effort to impeach Bill Clinton started before he was even formally elected. In the beginning, even before the disproven Whitewater accusations emerged, there was an orchestrated effort to make Clinton's personal sexual life a "criminal" issue.

Of course, digging up and creating dirt comes at a cost, and one of the key backers of the initial efforts to discredit Bill Clinton was none other that Pennsylvania billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife. In fact, Scaife was a key financier of what became known as the "Arkansas Project," which ended up including the Paula Jones accusations, Whitewater, and multiple other efforts to undermine Clinton and to legally entrap him.

Scaife has been a long-term backer of right-wing think tanks, Republican candidates, and smear attacks on Democrats, including efforts to make the GOP appear more "moral" than its opponents.

So, it was with great interest that we read an October 22 Washington Post article "Low Road to Splitsville: Right-Wing Publisher's Breakup Is Super-Rich In Tawdry Details."

Ironically, no one needed to spend a cent to find Scaife's dirty linen: it's all public knowledge as a result of the proceedings surrounding the second divorce of the wealthy scion.

The Washington Post even has a "video tour of the Richard Mellon Scaife divorce." His home is in the appropriately named "Shadyside" neighborhood in the Pittsburgh area.

Allegations include that Scaife was fooling around with a known prostitute while married to his second wife. The WP calls the Mellon breakup a "fabulously tawdry and surpassingly vicious spectacle."

Of Scaife, The Washington Post notes, "He's best known for funding efforts to smear then-President Bill Clinton, but more quietly he's given in excess of $300 million to right-leaning activists, watchdogs and think tanks. Atop his list of favorite donees: the family-values-focused Heritage Foundation, which has published papers with titles such as 'Restoring a Culture of Marriage.'"

Yes, for a man of such high moral principle, he sure is a low-life and, of course, the BuzzFlash GOP Hypocrite of the Week.

Until next week, remember our motto:

"SO MSNY REPUBLICAN HYPOCRITES, SO LITTLE TIME"

Catch up with you soon.

This is the first HOTW Award for Richard Mellon Scaife. Welcome to the Club.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 01:02:51 pm »

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 01:17:05 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: