Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 01:43:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Evidence Synthesis of Atlantis in Greenland

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evidence Synthesis of Atlantis in Greenland  (Read 80035 times)
radionactive

« Reply #1275 on: August 09, 2010, 11:30:35 pm »

I should also add that this isostatic uplifting would also cause large disruptions to the surrounding continental plates, quite possibly causing large areas of land to sink into the sea.
Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #1276 on: August 10, 2010, 05:45:18 pm »

Dear radionactive,

you said:
I'm sorry, but I don't buy into this hypothesis of 'space beacons', 'top-secret bases' and the like when it comes to examining specifically the Google Earth/Maps satellite images of Greenland.

Me neither, i don't know where you could possibly have taken that idea from... There is nothing "extraterrestrial" about my theory, please keep that in mind for any future conversation about the subject.

Forget about the orange mountain for a minute, lets assume it does not really exist. There is a considerable amount of evidence corroborating many other aspects that you don't even mention.

you also said:

What I don't get though, is how anyone can formulate such an intricate theory of 'space beacons' and gigantic alien ships when looking at this gigantic black square on the ice sheet of Greenland.
  I've been a fully qualified digital artist for the past 11 years and have worked as an imaging expert for an Australian software company for 4 years and I can tell you that the black square is nothing more than a common image-tile stitching error.  You must understand that Google sources it's image data from several groups, such as DigitalGlobe, USDA FSA, Cnes/Spot Image, NMRGIS and GeoEye and as a result of this, many areas will contain overlapping data taken at entirely different times of the day and at different times of the year.

Again, did i formulate an intricate theory of "space beacons"? where did you read that?  you have been a qualified digital artist for eleven years? well, good for you...

Please take a look a these images, does this make any sense to you?

I wonder where you got the idea of UFOs and aliens from, since i was always categorically against those subjects and the only reason i am replying to your post is because i would not want people to get the wrong idea about it. This is already a strange and fantastical story as it is. I don't need the aggravation, if you understand what i mean.

You are an intelligent person so i advise you to read more carefully the whole thread. I cannot believe that from everything that has been said here, this the impression i left on your mind... You are free to think whatever you want but please do not put words in my mouth.

I challenge you to post here anything that i have said supporting such views. Those allegations are false and unfounded.

You also said:

I should also add that this isostatic uplifting would also cause large disruptions to the surrounding continental plates, quite possibly causing large areas of land to sink into the sea.

and i ask so what? I never refuted that so why do you bring it up in the first place?

An advise, there is no need to post about Google's anomaly, there are so many other elements much more interesting and verifiable that it would be a shame to waste our time on something this insignificant compared to Plato's real Atlantis.

Regards,
Mario Dantas
Report Spam   Logged

radionactive

« Reply #1277 on: August 11, 2010, 04:17:20 am »

What are you so concerned about?  My post had nothing to do with your theory really...

Just thought I'd share my own thoughts about the anomaly, because I too am sick and tired of people making such grand claims on such unimportant curiosities.  I wasn't addressing you specifically, but more so to some of the other contributions to your thread.  I don't really have much to say against you because I'm already overwhelmed with the quantity of evidence and quality of hypothesis you bring forward about this.

If it means anything to you... I already support your theory.  There's no denying that those plates fit together.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 04:55:04 am by radionactive » Report Spam   Logged
radionactive

« Reply #1278 on: August 11, 2010, 04:34:54 am »

Anyway...

The reason I mentioned the UFO/Aliens hypothesis is because the bulk of videos I see about the anomalies on Youtube all revolve around the idea of it somehow being a secret base, or some evidence of alien or ancient cities and technology, etc.  I have never considered such possibilities to be real, though I have looked at many theories and see a lot of stuff that just doesn't make any sense to me.

Please don't take it personally as I wasn't specifically addressing your thread or your theory, but more so I was addressing the many respondents and replies that seemed to sometimes border on the absolute ridiculous.  I think it's great that you have stuck to your guns and brought forward a very interesting theory, especially the continental plate fit which I think no intelligent person can deny.

I'm personally amazed at the accuracy of such a plate fit, to be honest.  It reminds me so much of the near accurate fit of Africa and South America.  One thing I think would help to support this theory further would be to examine the indigenous rock strata on both continental borders and look for a match, like geologists did with the America/Africa fit.  I have a feeling that the geology on the edges of Greenland, the UK, Spain, Portugal and Northern Africa will more than likely match up... possibly even as far as actual strata and rock type.  Have you ever considered why large portions of the west coasts of Ireland, Scotland and Great Britain have so many sheer cliff faces and areas where it appears that an entire section of the continent literally collapsed into the sea?  It seems that much of the western continental shelf around that area collapsed in recent history and the photographic evidence is strikingly convincing to support any theory of rapidly moving continents.

I think the strongest evidence in favor of this theory is the geological discovery that a very large body of water once existed north of Greenland approximately 6000-7000 years ago and that the climate of the time was actually quite warm and ice-free.  The discovery has caused a lot of scientific controversy because it contradicts so much of the evolutionary history of the earth in that area.  It appears that the whole northern coastline of Greenland is lined with ancient beaches and topography which irrefutably suggest that a climate very much like the northern coasts of Europe existed around that time.  The only explanation that could account for such a large body of water to exist to the north of Greenland and for the climate to be so warm compared to other northern and arctic lands is for Greenland to be further south and away from the North Pole...

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/10/21/researchers-find-arctic-may-have-had-less-ice-6-7000-years-ago/

It appears there's more truth to this theory than first meets the eye  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:19:33 am by radionactive » Report Spam   Logged
Paulo Riven

« Reply #1279 on: August 11, 2010, 04:29:48 pm »

Well,sorry to say Mario,and as I suspected,Greenland has always been a part of Canada.

Well, sorry to say Mario, but it looks as if Greenland has always been a part of Canada as I suspected.
This news just in today.

Baffin Island lava fields offer clue to Earth's rocky start

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/canada/Baffin+Island+lava+fields+offer+clue+Earth+rocky+start/3386735/story.html

A relic from Earth's birth 4.5 billion years ago has surfaced on windswept cliffs in the Canadian Arctic.

"This is the stuff the Earth formed from," says U.S. planetary scientist Richard Carlson, whose international team has uncovered evidence of the mother of all Earthly rocks on the east coast of Baffin Island.

The scientists say the magma plume that gave rise to the Baffin Island rock also created enormous lava beds in Greenland. They say the plume is still active and responsible for the volcanoes in Iceland that played havoc with air travel earlier this year.

Report Spam   Logged

[R]...Riven The Seer and Royal Bloodline to Atlantis...[R]

New! Tribes of Atlantis Academy of Atlantis Research Forums; http://tribesofatlantis.freeforum.ca/index.php
Website; https://sites.google.com/site/tribesofatlantis/
radionactive

« Reply #1280 on: August 12, 2010, 06:18:06 am »

Well,sorry to say Mario,and as I suspected,Greenland has always been a part of Canada.

Well, sorry to say Mario, but it looks as if Greenland has always been a part of Canada as I suspected.
This news just in today.

Baffin Island lava fields offer clue to Earth's rocky start

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/canada/Baffin+Island+lava+fields+offer+clue+Earth+rocky+start/3386735/story.html

A relic from Earth's birth 4.5 billion years ago has surfaced on windswept cliffs in the Canadian Arctic.

"This is the stuff the Earth formed from," says U.S. planetary scientist Richard Carlson, whose international team has uncovered evidence of the mother of all Earthly rocks on the east coast of Baffin Island.

The scientists say the magma plume that gave rise to the Baffin Island rock also created enormous lava beds in Greenland. They say the plume is still active and responsible for the volcanoes in Iceland that played havoc with air travel earlier this year.

This discovery was in Canada.

So how do you think this discovery relates to Greenland, beyond a handful of scientists simply saying so?  To me, hearing scientists talk of how a discovery over here is proof of something over there is purely educated speculation.  No matter how well educated those scientists are, it is still just speculation based on preconceived notions of the earth and that particular polar location.

This discovery did not reveal anything new about Greenland at all.  In my opinion, it only helped to bolster the already accepted theory of the origins of Greenland.  The magma plume runs underneath that entire region and the plume itself must be the size of Canada to extend from Baffin Island to Iceland.  In fact, this particular plume might have more of a role to play in this Atlantis theory than first realized.
Report Spam   Logged
Paulo Riven

« Reply #1281 on: August 13, 2010, 08:26:37 am »

Hi Radionactive.

The point is as far as I can tell, is that Mario places Greenland as a part that separated from the Gibraltar straites. What happened billions of years ago I can't say, but given the time span of 9570.bC for Atlantis, it is highly unprobable that Greenland was before the straits. Again, with the exception of an Earthshift on some large scale, perhaps Greenland may have moved and locked in with Canada, but the Ocean floors would clearly show signs of this like it does for Iceland moving some 700 miles north easterly. Plus the Azores, Madeira and Canary islands would all have to have been born after this Greenland movement, which would have to be prior to 130 million years ago on average and the Atlantic having formed some 150 million years ago. As you can see it is highly unlikely that Greenland moved over there from before the straits of Gibraltar.

The other obvious factor is that those magma plumes and rocks go back some 5 billion years ago and that as noted they covered Greenland also, indicating that Greenland was always there.

I personally do not believe in the Pangea theories of massive continents moving around the globe and why don't they squish each other on the other side if this is so? I believe islands or large islands may move around like India or Australia and that although we have teuctonic plates and oceans that form ridges or the Atlantic Mar that separates at a rate of some 2 cm per year according to scientists, the reason why the continents look like they inter lock is due to the process of a large river like the Nile or Amazon over time expanding and contouring to the flow of the river into a large Ocean.

Report Spam   Logged

New! Tribes of Atlantis Academy of Atlantis Research Forums; http://tribesofatlantis.freeforum.ca/index.php
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #1282 on: August 17, 2010, 07:56:51 am »

Dear Radionactive,

I apologize for the misinterpretation...

I am glad you find the images corroborating an ancient southern connection. There is so much to say that i don't really know where to start. But, you are absolutely right about the many European abrupt coastlines. Actually, in Britain the existence of coal and peat in abundance always meant to me that a rapid and devastating event occurred somewhere in the geologic past. I would like to thank you for the tip about researching the rock strata in the different regions i propose to have been connected in the past.  A Geographer whom i worked with, told me some years ago that there had to exist similarities in each one of those places if my theory was to be correct (Greenland, Africa, Iberian Peninsula, etc...). I had looked before and found interesting geologic evidence, especially in the northwestern Saharan region and Macaronesia. Nevertheless, i must say it is something that did not attract me then as much as "diving" into Greenland's ice and "producing" as many images as i could, while identifying Plato's mythical places... 

It has been extremely difficult to explain anything connected to a Greenlandic rapid shift but i guess i am getting closer every day. I have been reading Wegener's  "The Origin of Continents and Oceans", and i am amazed at the number of evidence he found, but especially at his impeccably train of thought against contemporary theories about land bridges and sunken continents. Wegener managed to explain scientifically the tip of a larger iceberg, no doubt. Continents can drift and rapidly, as much as 60 degrees in one day and night...

Thanks once again for your support!

Riven,

I decided to post my answer to your question back at AR here also.

you said:

Well, sorry to say Mario,and as I suspected,it looks like Greenland has always been a part of Canada.

That is indeed a problem, but i am not worry about it too much... It is a fact that Greenland is where it's standing, but it is also true that a Greenlandic continental co-relation with Africa and Europe exists further south. How it all came to be, or why are there two strong evidences for the location of a single continental body in the Atlantic is another question. Perhaps this continental body moved around? it is the most obvious reason...

Africa was a central piece in the Pangea configuration, and Greenland obviously had a continental "liaison" with Africa and the Iberian Peninsula:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_OkWaN8Xfhhw/SrQFyX7FDOI/AAAAAAAACa8/98fyHxW3bnE/s640/kirchersimulation.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_OkWaN8Xfhhw/S2WA3tucdsI/AAAAAAAADJw/gxXgTpSSr1s/s640/wefwef.png
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_OkWaN8Xfhhw/SroBwEDYtrI/AAAAAAAACg0/293Ly6BofDI/s640/111.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_OkWaN8Xfhhw/TF2wdGE-QwI/AAAAAAAAEJk/YvZjYN-_ZEA/Canary%20islands22.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_OkWaN8Xfhhw/TF0zO3xHLRI/AAAAAAAAEIw/_ToMJ7vtosM/s512/Canary%20n.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_OkWaN8Xfhhw/TF04k2O-AiI/AAAAAAAAEJA/fSzkH-SKmqs/s640/Canary%20islands.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_OkWaN8Xfhhw/TDNTOBtf2BI/AAAAAAAAD-Q/zfUgj8lLWmo/s640/atlantis.jpg

Regards,
Mario Dantas
Report Spam   Logged

Paulo Riven

« Reply #1283 on: April 20, 2011, 04:00:52 pm »

Dear Riven,
I could not see any relation between the walls of orichalcum stated by Critias and the photos you showed. Can you perhaps be more specific?
Needless to say that the outer walls of Atlantis were, at least, 20 Km long and had a diameter of 6 Km..
Regards,
Mario Dantas

Mario, those are real pictures of a real wall in the Azores and not garbled christmas tree photos of greenland. What need is there to be more specific? See or Zee?

Atlantis Royal City was around 14.5 miles in diameter with a 45.7 mile circumference, while the concentric circles were around 3.1 miles in diameter and 9.7 mile circumference.
The plain was roughly 250 x 350 miles in area and 2000 by 1000 miles for the entire island.

The closer you are to Plato the closer you are to the truth.

Atlantis Royal City IS at Josephine Seamount.

The writing is on the wall...see how they shine?

https://sites.google.com/site/tribesofatlantis/Home/azores_atlantis_alive_riven/TeiceiraNW_Orichalcum_Electrum.jpg

Report Spam   Logged

BlueHue2

Blue-Hue? is he Just Blind, or a One-eyed 'king' ?

« Reply #1284 on: October 15, 2012, 10:50:46 am »

DEAR    MARIO   and    RIVEN,

it is always nice to have the odd couple in a
Science history discussion with Diaz-Montexano in the middle.

SOME people are still discussing about JESUS existance
and try to find an historical jesus from the Bible NT

Mr CAROTTA from Germany
ended THAT discussion by ample proving that Christ was
a NICK NAME for Julius Caesar. meaning " Golden-Boy "
Chrestos is greek and means Gold.
 Messiah means ArmyCommander. YET
All priests say it means " ENOINTED " which is Strange !

Likewise
SOME People try to Find Atlantis which doesn't exist, because
it was a Trade monopoly Company around the INDIAN- Ocean
With  a Capital on a Mudvolcano-promotory at Ras- ADEN in South Araby
In Short in Ancient Litterature, ARABIA FoELIX was Atlantis, all along.

But Some People think that by geological Tall-stories
they can find Atlantis outside Africa.

MARIO,
 are you sure that Greenland's middle part,
corresponds with the Coast of Spain ? vI see no
" Wegeners' resemblance "

Between South America and Africa's stratigraphy
there is a strange Boomerang " TWIST" but both parts match.

Howwever uin my limited scope
I have never seen a stratigrafical map of GreenLand
matching with Spain.

I always thought that Greenland was attached
to NORWAY and NOT to Spain save for it's most southern point

Maybe you can reproduce
the Stratigraphy MAP of Greenland matching Spain
That I have somehow missed ?

Sincerely,
" BlueHue " dd 15 Oct 2012 from Amsterdam/ Holland
Report Spam   Logged

Atlantis in,"historical-Perspective"
=Known-World,Oikumene=Now,Yemen>Surat-89

This Egyptian,INDIAN-Ocean trade-Empire was
ruled by-CEO-Queen Tiy

PLATO wrote (GREEK!)" ATHE " Now,Aden= Solomon's/OFIR, in Herodotus-Araby-Map

ATLANTIS-Dialogue=Satire,on Athens-Trade boycott(of Darius2,413bc)
FLOR_DE_LIZ

« Reply #1285 on: February 26, 2013, 05:54:49 pm »

If you've seen the Harrison Ford film, he probably will inform you that , you're digging on the wrong side  Grin

As so , please be humble , and sincerely, i reveal first hand the REAL-LOCATION OF Atlas - Atlantis , on the site below : open until the end , and look at
the left side of the satellite image  :

www.mapasruasestradas.com/portugal-/Madeira/
Report Spam   Logged

FL
BlueHue2

Blue-Hue? is he Just Blind, or a One-eyed 'king' ?

« Reply #1286 on: March 06, 2013, 06:38:55 am »

Is FLOR de LIZ,

not Paolo RIVEN?

Sincerely " BlueHue "
Report Spam   Logged

Atlantis in,"historical-Perspective"
=Known-World,Oikumene=Now,Yemen>Surat-89

This Egyptian,INDIAN-Ocean trade-Empire was
ruled by-CEO-Queen Tiy

PLATO wrote (GREEK!)" ATHE " Now,Aden= Solomon's/OFIR, in Herodotus-Araby-Map

ATLANTIS-Dialogue=Satire,on Athens-Trade boycott(of Darius2,413bc)
Dr. Carlos Guemerro
Superhero Member

« Reply #1287 on: March 06, 2013, 09:38:35 pm »

Riben non-science person who follow teachings of snoozing prophet Cacee.
Report Spam   Logged
FLOR_DE_LIZ

« Reply #1288 on: March 12, 2013, 05:02:31 pm »

At this moment in History, humanity are expecting to see at are hidden some time ago, many theory’s are saying that The Lost Continent of Atlantis
are on is premises, but what technologies concern , we're some much far ahead, some rumors say that the Lost Continent are at the Atlantic , it's
true , and i'd already say the Link to the right-on-place. . . good research my friends .

Dear BlueHue , i'm not the Paulo Riven , but were from the same Country for your knowledge . . .cumps

FL
Report Spam   Logged

FL
Dr. Carlos Guemerro
Superhero Member

« Reply #1289 on: March 24, 2013, 01:01:29 am »

THe Georgeos and I are also from the same country, it called Spain, it used to be called Atlante!  We Atlanteans. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: