Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:39:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

RANDI RHODES ATTACKED IN NYC PARK

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RANDI RHODES ATTACKED IN NYC PARK  (Read 187 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: October 16, 2007, 10:59:05 am »

THIS IS ALL I CAN FIND RIGHT NOW.

Bianca

Air America Radio's - Randi Rhodes attacked in NYC park

by ZappoDave
Mon Oct 15, 2007 at 11:40:19 PM PDT
It was announced on Air America Radio, Jon Elliot's show tonight, that Randi Rhodes was attacked in a park in NYC walking her dog.

There's nothing on the news yet.

ZappoDave's diary :: ::

From what he said, she's in the hospital.

She was not on the air today, and they had the Lionel Show on instead.

This is why she was not on the air.

Pardon this short diary, but it's late at night and I wanted to get this out.

I wish I had more to offer on it as far as information.

You would think it would be in the News.

Much love to Randi, and I hope she's ok.

We do know ... she's tough.

-----------------------------------------

A fellow blogger's account from the UK:

Sideshow - Uk

Get well soon, Randi Rhodes. I don't usually have time to listen to her show but I tend to leave AAR on when I'm in front of my computer - but when I heard Lionel sitting in for her, I just turned it off. Sorry, I just can't listen to him. But right now I'm listening to John Elliot and he says Randi was attacked last night while she was walking her dog. She wasn't carrying a bag and was just in sweats, and she was beaten up pretty badly and had some teeth knocked out. Elliot is saying it sounds like it was neither a sexual assault nor a robbery and he suspects it was political. The way things are going, he could be right.

www.dailykos.com
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 11:07:30 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 11:03:28 am »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007
                                          Randi Rhodes is the Victim of a Violent Attack

Updated on October 16 at 8:50 AM PDT. Update set in bold face italics

Randi Rhodes was mugged on Sunday night on 39th Street and Park Ave, nearby her Manhattan apartment, while she was walking her dog Simon.

According to Air America Radio late night host Jon Elliott, Rhodes was beaten up pretty badly, losing several teeth and will probably be off the air for at least the rest of the week. At of late Monday night we have not able to locate any press accounts of the attack and nothing has been posted on the AAR website.

Several liberal blogs, including the Randi Rhodes Message Board and Democratic Underground have logged numerous posts on the Rhodes mugging with most of the posters expressing concern about the condition of the popular lib talker.

AAR's official blogger, Nancy Scola, posted the following message on the lib network's website this morning:

Air America host Randi Rhodes experienced an unfortunate incident hindering her from hosting her show. The reports of a presumed hate crime are unfounded. Ms. Rhodes looks forward to being back on the air on Thursday.
Morning talk host, Lionel filled in for Rhodes on Monday, but did not say anything about why she wasn’t on hand to do her show. The Randi Rhodes board reports that Sam Seder, who does a Sunday afternoon show for AAR, will be filling on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Elliott was extremely agitated when he reported on the incident. He opened his show by saying "it is with sadness that tonight I inform you that my Air America colleague Randi Rhodes was assaulted last night while walking her dog near her New York City home."

Pointing out that Rhodes was wearing a jogging suit and displayed no purse or jewelry, Elliott speculated that "this does not appear to me to be a standard grab the money and run mugging."

"Is this an attempt by the right wing hate machine to silence one of our own," he asked. "Are we threatening them. Are they afraid that we're winning. Are they trying to silence intimidate us."

Some of blog posters also expressed concerns that the attack on Rhodes was hate crime. Other posters warned that we need more facts before any judgements are made.

According to Elliott, Rhodes was resting in her New York City apartment and was not hospitalized.

Attacks on liberal talk radio stations and their hosts are not a new thing. About a month ago a gunman fired a shot through a window at the studios of KPFT, Houston’s, Pacifica station narrowly missing a DJ who was hosting music show at the time. There is currently a $10,000 reward offered to anyone who identifies the shooter.

This is not the first politically motivated attack on KPFT. More than 35 years ago, the Ku Klux Klan blew up the station's transmitters twice within the Houston station's first year on the air.

Also, according to a blogger on Democratic Underground, Thom Hartmann said on his Friday show that his auto repairman, after replacing his windshield, pointed out to him that he had three bullet holes in his car.

Apparently, some right-wing critics of lib talk aren’t happy that conservative talk only accounts for 90% of the programming on talk radio. These whack jobs appear determined to whatever it takes to silence the opposing point of view.

Not surprisingly, the only talk radio host killed for his political views was a liberal. In 1984, two right wing extremists gunned down Denver talk show host Alan Berg. Berg’s tragic murder was memorialized in a chilling movie Talk Radio.

http://talkingradio.blogspot.com/2007/10/randi-rhodes-is-victim-of-violent.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 11:04:28 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 04:08:09 pm »

Randi Rhodes

By Nancy Scola on October 16, 2007 - 11:38am
(Bumped. -- Nancy)

Here's what I have on Randi, from AAR:

October 16-NEW YORK-On Sunday evening, October 14, Air America host Randi Rhodes experienced an unfortunate incident hindering her from hosting her show. The reports of a presumed hate crime are unfounded. Ms. Rhodes looks forward to being back on the air on Thursday.

http://www.airamerica.com/node/5528
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 04:10:08 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 02:19:09 am »

It will be interesting to hear what really happened..!
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 02:25:15 am »

Some neo-con hack probably hired someone to do an assault if they didn't do it themselves.

Shocked Question is why her ??  Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: